Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TNF Packers @ Cardinals

Sunday Morning
Panthers @ Falcons
49ers @ Bears
Titans @ Colts
Rams @ Texans
Bengals @ Jets
Dolphins @ Bills
Steelers @ Browns
Eagles @ Lions

Sunday Afternoon
Patriots @ Chargers
Jaguars @ Seahawks
Football Team @ Broncos
Buccaneers @ Saints

SNF: Cowboys @ Vikings

MNF Giants @ Chiefs

Bye Week: Raiders, Ravens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Outside of Steelers/Browns, Bucs/Saints and maybe Cowboys/Vikings...woof

E: Titans/Colts might be another good one

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seahawks about to be embarrassed by the Jags at home. I feel it in my bones.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Panthers @ Falcons
49ers @ Bears
Eagles @ Lions
Jaguars @ Seahawks
Football Team @ Broncos

Should all be hot messes, but have the potential to be very fun trainwrecks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Niners @ Bears could be competitive, also WFT @ Broncos.

Not in a pleasing way in either case, but competitive.

e:fb with extra examples

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
There are some great clownball games though: Eagles/Lions, Football Team/Broncos, and Jags/Seahawks have potential to be funny.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also quick reads has some fun stuff about what a nightmare Robby Anderson has been this past month:
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2021/qr-week-7-robby-anderson-pro-footballs-worst-wr

Also the Jets are really, really, really bad against Screen passes:

6. Mac Jones - Jones had the week's best DYAR on passes to targets at or behind the line of scrimmage, going 8-of-10 for 112 yards and a score.

29. Garoppolo was the NFL's worst passer on throws to the left, going 7-of-12 for 55 yards with an interception. He only converted one third-down all night, going 3-of-8 for 27 yards with a sack, a fumble, and an interception. But he was not the worst passer on third downs, oh no, he was not. No, that dubious honor goes to...

30. Justin Fields - ... this guy! Fields also converted just one third or fourth down, which came with Chicago down 35-3 in the third quarter. On third/fourth downs, Fields went 2-of-7 for 16 yards with two sacks, a fumble, and two interceptions. He did not throw for a first down of any kind until the Bears were down 21-0 in the second quarter; up to that point, he had gone 5-of-9 for 24 yards with two sacks and an interception.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Baker will be down an arm after the steelers game if he plays.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Niners @ Bears could be competitive, also WFT @ Broncos.

Not in a pleasing way in either case, but competitive.

e:fb with extra examples

I wanted to troll and put Giants @ Chiefs in there, but c'mon, Mahomes is going to play and that'll be a get right game for the ages.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Football Team @ Broncos will be the best game of the week :colbert:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Pats are gonna roll and I'm gonna be mad

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No one is anticipating watching the 6-1 Packers play the 7-0 Cardinals?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If Football Outsiders is published by ESPN, shouldn't they change their name?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Everyone likes Ben Baldwin right? Here’s his offense/defense drive efficiency counting punts as turnovers.

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1453026431785738241

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That's a pretty interesting stat at least.

Pretty funny that the Chiefs defense turns everyone they play into the Chiefs offense minus the awful Turnovers.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams better drop 40 on the Texans this weekend or McVay should be in the hot seat

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

gently caress your college jobs

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1453038526996549633

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1453036489005223942

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
drat i love Mike Tomlin hope he gets another ring somtime

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
TNF at home is a big advantage for Arizona.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

No one is anticipating watching the 6-1 Packers play the 7-0 Cardinals?

It's a Thursday night game though.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

come on, you don't really feel like starting over in Pittsburgh, go enjoy being a millionaire in Southern California

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

A Good Coach

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

come on, you don't really feel like starting over in Pittsburgh, go enjoy being a millionaire in Southern California

I don't think they'll have to start over though? The roster is mostly fine outside of Ben's decayed rear end. Much like when they got Ben, they can probably just draft the next Mac Jones level prospect who falls to halfway into the 1st round and give him the space to develop into a good enough QB they can build a SB contender around.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I completely missed the TNF matchup. Easily the GotW

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Kalli posted:

I don't think they'll have to start over though? The roster is mostly fine outside of Ben's decayed rear end. Much like when they got Ben, they can probably just draft the next Mac Jones level prospect who falls to halfway into the 1st round and give him the space to develop into a good enough QB they can build a SB contender around.

Mac Jones would go 1 overall this year lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Mac Jones would go 1 overall this year lol

he’s also the only rookie qb playing worth a drat (Lawrence gets half a drat)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

I agree, unfortunately

I'd just really love for Tomlin to leave the division because he's way a too good of a coach

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Who's the last non-fired NFL head coach to take a college job? Petrino is the only one I can remember at all. None others. No sireeee

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Go bengals!!!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Yeah this looks like a much better week. More good teams playing each other and bad teams playing each other instead of just good teams playing bad teams.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

indigi posted:

he’s also the only rookie qb playing worth a drat (Lawrence gets half a drat)

The Pats are also the only team who seem interested in or capable of building an offense that their rookie QB can run. From what I’ve seen they are really easing him into it and letting him make easy throws and reads with the occasional shot play.

Meanwhile Fields and Wilson can’t stay upright for long enough to run the plays that are being called, Lawrence has the brain trust of Brian Schottenheimer and Urban Meyer designing the offense and Lance has barely seen the field.

Lawrence will be fine if he ever gets a decent coaching staff but Wilson and Fields may just be broken before they have a chance.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Packers haven't beat the cardinals since 2012 so they're due, that's how this works

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I think Lawrence has already been way more impressive than Mac Jones. Maybe not statistically so, I don't really know, but definitely more impressive as far as the eye test goes.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

GD_American posted:

Who's the last non-fired NFL head coach to take a college job? Petrino is the only one I can remember at all. None others. No sireeee

Al Groh in 2000, maybe? He left the Jets after one season to go coach at Virginia.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

Al Groh in 2000, maybe? He left the Jets after one season to go coach at Virginia.

He's skipping over Saban there obviously :ninja:

Bill Walsh kinda in that he wasn't fired before kinda retiring to Stanford, but it wasn't an immediate move. Spurrier technically resigned before taking a year off and going to South Carolina, but I think both sides were done with each other there.

Apparently before any (or most) of us were born Dan Devine quit the Packers for the Notre Dame job?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tomlin is good, I hate him because I was stuck with Jason Garrett for years.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Is there any other bigger chickenshit in NFL head coaching history than Bobby Petrino?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

I completely missed the TNF matchup. Easily the GotW

Ehhhh...

On one hand Aaron Rodgers bullshit exists

On the other odds are that Randall Cobb or Allen Lazard will be WR1 unless MVS can play

It's either going be be clownball or a blowout, I bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

a neat cape posted:

Pats are gonna roll and I'm gonna be mad