Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FMguru posted:

ted cruz strikes again

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1452420337182908420?s=21

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/iamrecruitr/status/1452648152767639557

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://twitter.com/TheJosieMarie/status/1452341443268317184

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/fasterthanlime/status/1452053938195341314
Thread

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i have been laughing at "glup shitto" for over 24 hours

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

is stallone skull another term for lantern jaw or is there another HGH side effect on your skull?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

DuckConference posted:

is stallone skull another term for lantern jaw or is there another HGH side effect on your skull?

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Kumail's rich as a roman senator, no way he opted for cheap hgh when a 6k a week trainer would result in a better stroked ego

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

dude already had a strong jaw, trimming down probably popped it quite a bit regardless of hgh

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

RokosCockatrice posted:

Kumail's rich as a roman senator, no way he opted for cheap hgh when a 6k a week trainer would result in a better stroked ego

i mean i have no idea how common hgh is in celebrity anabolic stacks, we can only guess whether he actually used it

also as much as I like to call out celebrity anabolic use it does kind of seem like he's getting more flack for it than most white actors have.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

RokosCockatrice posted:

Kumail's rich as a roman senator
That's not actually saying much 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DuckConference posted:

i mean i have no idea how common hgh is in celebrity anabolic stacks, we can only guess whether he actually used it

also as much as I like to call out celebrity anabolic use it does kind of seem like he's getting more flack for it than most white actors have.

he did have one of the most dramatic transformations though.

like, chris 1 and chris 2 were already beefy when they got famous so it wasn't that dramatic when they bulked up even more for the later movies. though it is still noticeable when you put screenshots from e.g. thor 1 and thor 3 side by side.

kumail was famous for playing pudgy javascript developer, so when he suddenly looks like conan the iranian it's gonna raise some eyebrows.

chris 3 also got a lot of flak when he got shredded for marvel stuff because he was already famous for playing fat andy.

i know kumail is pakistani but i wanted the pun to work

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Yeah those are good points, I just wish they could be a little more open about their use because I think people are starting to develop unrealistic expectations of what a genetically average, drug-free dude can look like. on the other hand them being more open about it may encourage more kids to try them which would be bad so who can say

maybe it could get to the place where pro body builders are, where they legally need to claim that they don't use steroids but everyone knows what the deal is and no one's confused or arguing (except for the natural bodybuilding categories where everyone gets to argue again)

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
https://twitter.com/onebigwiggle/status/1453005366703411202?s=21

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

conan the iranian

mods plz namechange

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

DuckConference posted:

Yeah those are good points, I just wish they could be a little more open about their use because I think people are starting to develop unrealistic expectations of what a genetically average, drug-free dude can look like. on the other hand them being more open about it may encourage more kids to try them which would be bad so who can say

maybe it could get to the place where pro body builders are, where they legally need to claim that they don't use steroids but everyone knows what the deal is and no one's confused or arguing (except for the natural bodybuilding categories where everyone gets to argue again)
I mean far be it from me to poo poo-talk anyone's steroid use (I'm on two of them) but yeah, harm reduction concerning arm builduption

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I kinda doubt that you're using anabolic/androgenic steroids, which are really their own thing.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
It happened during the pandemic and people were bored.

Social media has become even worse than before.

Racism definitely played a factor, too.

Nanjani's transformation was pretty extreme, even by celebrity standards.

He also immediately got in his feelings about it instead of just remembering he's rich and loving off to an island full of other Greek gods, so insecure nerds immediately doubled down on it.

In conclusion, Kumail's body is a land of veiny contrasts.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

ultrafilter posted:

I kinda doubt that you're using anabolic/androgenic steroids, which are really their own thing.

(cholesterol, from which sex hormones are synthesized in the body, is a steroid)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gently caress yeah imma be so ripped

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i mean this also plays into it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnXtEz1BLFP/?hl=en

just because someone is ripped doesnt mean theyre on steroids

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

gently caress yeah imma be so ripped
Don't be so sure! Excess testosterone is converted via aromatase to estradiol.

Hence bitch tits and tiny balls

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Don't be so sure! Excess testosterone is converted via aromatase to estradiol.

Hence bitch tits and tiny balls

pro bodybuilders apparently use novaldex (technically a drug for breast cancer) to avoid this, well the tits anyway

afaik the small balls are caused by the testosterone itself, so there isn't really a solution for it

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Trust me it's probably the estrogen lol

As for Nolvadex, it acts as a selective estrogen antagonist, binding to estrogen receptors but not stimulating them to action in some tissues, primarily titty tissues or bapmeats (stop me if I'm getting too technical)

In other tissues it can act as an estradiol agonist which may include helping put your balls on a bullet train to Tinytown

This has been Ellie's Endocrine Hour, brought to you by a generous grant from the Chubb Group and viewers like you

Ellie Crabcakes fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 26, 2021

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

big buff, bitty balls

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/The_Acumen/status/1452712887697518593?s=20

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/hitrecordjake/status/1428037339088138242?s=21

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Share Bear posted:

i mean this also plays into it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnXtEz1BLFP/?hl=en

just because someone is ripped doesnt mean theyre on steroids

that's true

but when they go from doughy computer toucher to he-man in like 6 months at age 40, um, yes, they are on at least a little bit of steroids

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/toonygoons/status/1453066189685538820?s=21

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

that's true

but when they go from doughy computer toucher to he-man in like 6 months at age 40, um, yes, they are on at least a little bit of steroids

iirc the guy who made hugh jackman's workout plan that also got him to be huge jackedman will sell you the plan for like 1k

it does not involve steroids, but it does involve a lot of vegan grazing and gym poo poo

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i imagine there's lots of shortcuts if you have the money and the motivation

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Share Bear posted:

iirc the guy who made hugh jackman's workout plan that also got him to be huge jackedman will sell you the plan for like 1k

it does not involve steroids, but it does involve a lot of vegan grazing and gym poo poo

i really just need someone to tell me what to eat. thats where my biggest fuckups come in. i need a meal plan

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Share Bear posted:

there is no magic secret resistance exercise, or order of doing them, that is going to provide some huge advantage over any reasonable resistance training plan you can google.

same story with any reasonable diet with enough protein, other nutrients, total calories, etc. there is no magic.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the real magic is solving your lifelong “self medicate with food” so that you keep your gains/losses/composition when things get stressful and you don’t end up back to where you started

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my big fat uncle weighing in at around 180k got invited by his college buddies to go on a boat trip to Antartica and he did a simple regime of treadmill, low carb/sugars and something he called a ramekin diet, where portions were allocated by a single ramekin. he lost 75kg in about a year or so.

then covid stopped people travelling and so he’s been eating like crazy the last 18 months and he’s back to where he started. shame.

anyway. that’s my big fat uncle story.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

DuckConference posted:

there is no magic secret resistance exercise, or order of doing them, that is going to provide some huge advantage over any reasonable resistance training plan you can google.

same story with any reasonable diet with enough protein, other nutrients, total calories, etc. there is no magic.

very true, however it is less magical to motivate one's self and commit, or to find the time to hit the gym for 2 hours a day 5-6 times a week (per the its always sunny guy's post, and per what i can find about the workout THERE'S YOUR MEAL PLAN KORMAK)

which is why i wager he hired that guy, and why the guy lets the info go for so cheaply

Share Bear fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 26, 2021

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
rich people also have access to chefs, or pre-prepared food, or have more time and resources to cook, plus time and resources to go to the gym or furnish a fully equipped fully gym at home, and most important of all, are directly monetarily rewarded for getting fit.

regular people, even privileged people like most who post here, are at a severe disadvantage to achieve these kinds of results.

chill out, open a beer, and post some tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I actually get a lot of exercise having sex with each of your mothers