Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I saw the boxed stuffing at the grocery store today and wondered about this. Do you regularly eat stuffing at any time of year? Are you a big fiend for green bean casserole?

I'd say the obvious ones are Mashed Potatoes and Macaroni & Cheese (southern side, I dont think this is even traditional thanksgiving fare in a lot of America???)

But for me the idea of eating stuffing as just an every day side dish is completely alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Just mashed potatoes and green beans I reckon. I always hated turkey as a kid, when my wife joined the family I finally had enough votes to replace turkey with Duck a l'orange

dpspolice
Oct 25, 2007
I eat cranberries all year long. They go so well with roast chicken.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

cranberries, sweet potatoes, brown potatoes, green beans, corn on the cob, stuffing (rarely but I still do), salads, the fake vegetarian mock turkey that I get for myself (usually in tacos). Honestly, the only thing I don't eat are the dinner rolls, the desserts I make, and the turkey gravy.

speaking as a southerner: macaroni and cheese belongs in the garbage, not on the thanksgiving table.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I don't eat any "holiday" fare routinely, but I certainly don't limit to a single day of the year either. It's really about when the mood strikes.
I do loving love comfort foods though, goddam I do

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

speaking as a southerner: macaroni and cheese belongs in the garbage, not on the thanksgiving table.

:dafuq:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Turkey+Cranberry+Stuffing+Mayo on a hoagie roll. It's amazing year round.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm a southerner too and everything you said is objectively wrong.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

What in tarnation

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Horace Kinch posted:

I'm a southerner too and everything you said is objectively wrong.

Brother Tadger posted:

What in tarnation

I'm Floridian, the ultimate southern, and gator belongs on the thanksgiving table before mac and cheese does.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ok no. we allow Florida people to call themselves southern out of pity. definitely NOT the "ultimate" southern!!!!

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I'm all about that gobble bird year round. Also stuffing owns and I should have it more than just on thanksgiving.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i should have stuffing more often as it's my most cherished leftover and disappears too quickly

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a glass of water goes just as well with any meal as it does a thanksgiving feast

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Only do the whole meal at Thanksgiving, but will do bits and pieces of it throughout the year. Gotta have dressing every few months. And I have this terrible vice of eating cranberry sauce direct from the can, late at night, after Mrs. Genesplicer has gone to bed.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Pie.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
Pumpkin pie is great any time. And I make stuffing (based on my mother's fancy recipe with herbs and shiitake mushrooms) sometimes when I'm fixing a big meal for guests. It's just a nice dish to have when you're trying to have a fancy dinner party, regardless of the time of year.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I'm happy pecan pie only seems to be at the store around Thanksgiving. I would eat it 4-5 times a week if it was always there.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Seconding cranberries with roast chicken, that poo poo rules.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

*carefully reviewing thread*

rear end. i eat rear end year round.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I make caramelized brussel sprouts with crispy speck and maple syrup a few times a year.

I do a baked mac for parties and summer bbqs on occasion as well.

I will make pomme puree (fancy mashed potatoes) if weve got company and ive done a roast.

I like spiced cranberry sauce on a pork chop once in a bleu moon.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Don't be so harsh about your cooking, friend

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Stuffing for sure. One of my favorite foodstuffs.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Good turkey is good year round. Thanksgiving turkey though probably deserver to go in the garbage!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I eat bean casserole off season, and my parents gave us a couple of turkeys from their farm this year that we ate over the summer.

Turkey sucks poo poo and is bad any time besides Christmas or Thanksgiving, IMO.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

So you like to eat rear end with your family op?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Peggy Edson posted:

So you like to eat rear end with your family op?

https://twitter.com/realonlineboy/s...agenumber%3D823

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
nothing other than mac & cheese

because thankgiving food is mostly garbage

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Chinatown posted:

nothing other than mac & cheese

because thankgiving food is mostly garbage

This is why my inlaws eschew the turkey and whatnot, and just have a big prime rib dinner with stuff you'd usually have like carrots, asparagus, a potato, etc

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

entire turkeys

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

how do you prepare your entire turkeys

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i believe there is an unwarranted assumption in play

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Ultra Carp

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i believe there is an unwarranted assumption in play

I'm sorry. Do you prepare your turkeys before eating them?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

this poster eating turkeys

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
I only eat pumpkin pie

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'm eatin some green beans right now. Not in casserole form though

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Horace Kinch posted:

Turkey+Cranberry+Stuffing+Mayo on a hoagie roll. It's amazing year round.

same idea but in high school i was stoned as heck the day after thanksgiving and there were some thanksgiving leftovers. I made a burrito with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn. And god loving drat is it good and I still do it if i have some thanksgiving food.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Who are all these people who dont eat turkey, like bitch you never have a club sandwich ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Nooner posted:

Who are all these people who dont eat turkey, like bitch you never have a club sandwich ??

I think it's a weird assumption that everyone likes club sandwiches