Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

StrixNebulosa posted:

What's that? Not enough extremely weird indie stuff on your to-play list? Don't worry, itch.io is here for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9dRylsAu7E

https://oleandergarden.itch.io/hexcraft2

e: oh! It's on steam too! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1555650/HEXCRAFT_Harlequin_Fair/

I think the weirdest and most experimental thing about this game is setting it in Toronto.

(haven't played it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Alamoduh posted:

Haven’t seen anyone mention:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1287840/Disciples_Liberation/

It’s very good if you like the series at all. It’s a solid hex based tactical squad fantasy based game even if you have never played the originals.

Echoing that i'm having a good time with this game. I wasn't a very big fan of Disciples 3, so I wasn't expecting to actually enjoy this one, but it's pretty great! I'm not too far in though, I think- still on T1 buildings for everything.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Alamoduh posted:

Haven’t seen anyone mention:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1287840/Disciples_Liberation/

It’s very good if you like the series at all. It’s a solid hex based tactical squad fantasy based game even if you have never played the originals.

I played the demo and was really impressed. It's more King's Bounty than Disciples 1 or 2, but after Disciples 3 kinda killed the series I think they were overdue for a change in style.

The voice acting, at least in English, is extremely bad. I also wish there were ways to speed up battles. That's pretty much the extent of my complaints after playing the 2ish hour demo.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Arrrthritis posted:

Echoing that i'm having a good time with this game. I wasn't a very big fan of Disciples 3, so I wasn't expecting to actually enjoy this one, but it's pretty great! I'm not too far in though, I think- still on T1 buildings for everything.

Would it be possible to give a quick overview of the changes to the core gameplay they've made over the older Desciples games (I loved 1 & 2 but never played 3)?

The old gameplay was good at the time, but I can't see it standing up the test of time, so am keen to see what improvements they've made.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

PotatoManJack posted:

Would it be possible to give a quick overview of the changes to the core gameplay they've made over the older Desciples games (I loved 1 & 2 but never played 3)?

The old gameplay was good at the time, but I can't see it standing up the test of time, so am keen to see what improvements they've made.

A lot of my experience has been with the single player campaign. I see that the game does have a multiplayer mode but I have no idea how that all works.

Like propaganda hour said, it's much more like a king's bounty game than it is a disciples game. While Disciples 1 & 2 was much more about unit formations and city management (and the campaigns let you carry multiple heroes over from mission to mission), this one has you in control of a single hero - Avyanna - and the army that she has with her. You have a single city that you can teleport back to (so long as you aren't in a dungeon) to train new units and upgrade your equipment/spells, but that city only has enough room so far for four unit buildings, a blacksmith, and a marketplace. Avyanna can be specialized however you want her to be via class changing and her skill tree (Fighter, Commander, Caster) and has a bunch of equipment options. Companion characters (Named characters, basically) can equip a weapon + an emotion shard. Fodder units can equip just an emotion shard.

From what I remember of Disciples I & II, there wasn't that much mixing and matching of faction armies. This game kind of lets you go hog wild with what units you want to use. In my current game, my army consists of a mixture of Undead & Demonic legions, but I think if I wanted to add elves or humans (Sadly no dwarves) into the mix I could probably do that- the only thing stopping me from doing that is my faction relations. The side quests that are available on the map let you pick sides with the four different factions, the outcomes of which improve/weaken your relationships with them. A faction you have a strong relationship with gives access to stronger units & faction specific talents, while I haven't played enough to see the consequences of a faction hating me, yet. I'm sure that'll come to roost whenever I visit the human lands.

Combat is no longer ogre battle style 6v6s, but has a hex grid that allows for elements of positioning/cover/flanking. You can field as many units as your leadership allows + 2 companions (Currently I have a necromancer and a demon warrior guy) + 3 backliners. Backline units are the same as your frontline fodder units, just using an alternate ability (i.e. a Banshee in the frontline can fight and take damage, but in the backline they throw on an evasion buff for your allies.) Units still gain experience and level up.

From what I remember of the Disciples II campaign, there were a lot of maps with big conflicts (Uther's betrayal, Resurrecting Gallean, Lenach'lan's death) that started big but ended up in you chasing down angel/gargoyle/giant units that the enemy would try to push out turn after turn. The new format means that there's less chasing down scouts and clicking end turn to make your way across the map, but there hasn't been a big "oh poo poo" moment on par with Uther's betrayal. So far, story battles have been decently challenging, voice acting has been pretty C-list, but overall the new format is pretty enjoyable. When I was in the undead lands I met a vampire lady that i'm positive was a reference to Lady Dimitriscu and the game let me romance her by telling her "You're huge."

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1747670/Jewel_Match_Twilight_3_Collectors_Edition/

quote:

Send shivers down your spine... with this creepy-crawly Match-3 quest that will chill you to the bone and make your flesh crawl. Discover eerie scenes and restore abandoned buildings, but beware of marauding creatures in the dark land.

Traverse huge levels in search of items needed to solve your quest. Find keys to unlock secret passages, use mighty power-ups, and decipher mind-bending puzzle challenges in this innovative Match-3 experience! Play puzzle and crystal levels to unlock hidden object and jigsaw minigames and earn spooky decorations! Delve into the deepest caves of the levels to discover lava vials, conveyor belts, ghost balloons, and more!

Search the dark, cobwebby corners of every last level for gems and coins and make your hair stand on end with Jewel Match Twilight 3!

Features:
- Explore 180 huge levels!
- 55 additional bonus levels with new game features!
- 3 different playmodes: timed, relaxed, and moves limited!
- 2 difficulty settings: normal and veteran.
- Restore 9 eerie scenes.
- Buy dozens of upgrades and power-ups from the shop.
- Replayable mini-games games, including jigsaw and hidden object scenes.
- Beautiful wallpapers.
- Haunting soundtrack.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1225820/Hermitage_Strange_Case_Files/

Has a demo

quote:

This gripping paranormal horror adventure revolves around Hermitage, the sinister bookstore that attracts most unusual customers – all of whom seem to be involved in mysterious cases bordering on the paranormal.

~ WELCOME TO HERMITAGE! ~
But beware: Ye who enters here might start questioning reality as they know it...

Investigate mysterious cases by taking on the role of a less than motivated bookshop owner, a former anthropology professor who for unknown reasons has never been seen outside of his bookstore.

With the help of a hacker genius on the run, a self-proclaimed detective and a short-tempered legal consultant, you must get to the bottom of a row of horrific incidents, bearing in mind the supernatural horrors that lurk within the pages of Hermitage's Lovecraftian book collection.

Key Features

Experience a unique adventure.....with a popular visual novel style
Collect clues......through dialogues, TV news, web forums, phone messages and emails
Get leads......by talking to other characters and choosing an approach that fits the target’s personality
Unlock character skills......and pass test trials at certain moments throughout the game
Use the pinboard......to link and analyze characters and events
View character backstories and skills......to help you along if you reach a dead end in during your investigations
Confirm your suspicions......by matching your intel and assumptions to provide proof
Decide which path your story will take......by unlocking various storylines through the choices you've made

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1439300/NASCAR_21_Ignition/

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256851903/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1631817222

It's a Nascar game. Pretty nice graphics but that's all I know about it

quote:

NASCAR 21: Ignition redefines the official video game of the world’s most popular stock car racing series. With incredible graphics and immersive gameplay, NASCAR 21: Ignition brings a whole new level of authenticity and atmosphere to the NASCAR Cup Series.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

A chinese game got released this week, Sword and Fairy 7. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1543030/Sword_and_Fairy_7/

I just started it, but I'd say its worth looking into if you like Gujian 3. The big downsides are that
-the English translation is Not Good. Not bad enough that you can't tell whats going on, but yeah... Still not good.
-performance issues for a lot of people. The game had dlss and raytracing implemented, but it definitely needs some more work. People have taken to using some ini fixes to make it a bit better

I'd recommend checking it out though once it gets some patches/goes on sale if you're into the whole wuxia flying on swords type thing

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Darkest Dungeon 2 is out in Early Access. Epic store only at present.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxom3MTlODI

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Darkest Dungeon 2 is out in Early Access. Epic store only at present.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxom3MTlODI
I salute the brave Epic store customers who are willing to beta test the game for me before it releases on Steam.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Sylphosaurus posted:

I salute the brave Epic store customers who are willing to beta test the game for me before it releases on Steam.

With it being Darkest Dungeon, doesn't that just mean it will be pre-tweaked for the hardest of hardcore players by the time it reaches Steam?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

chglcu posted:

With it being Darkest Dungeon, doesn't that just mean it will be pre-tweaked for the hardest of hardcore players by the time it reaches Steam?
Come on, no hardcore player would touch Epic.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I've been chasing the next Puzzle Quest for years but I've been burned way too many times. Anyone played this?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Sylphosaurus posted:

it's 10 bucks on epic now with the free coupon and the game owns, definitely worth installing a second launcher

I mean, I'd rather have it on steam but the epic store is fine for installing and launching games.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Sloppy posted:

I've been chasing the next Puzzle Quest for years but I've been burned way too many times. Anyone played this?

There's a ton of Match Three games on bigfishgames.com if that's what you like.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1361400/Moonglow_Bay/

just released today, and after putting in a few hours i can definitely say i'm charmed by it. it's like a stardew valley-esque kinda deal that focuses entirely on fishing and cooking, with the underlying systems for those being more involved than anything in stardew valley/harvest moon without a doubt, and you're looking to revitalize an ailing bayside town by kicking the sustainable fishing industry back into gear and selling seafood dishes from your street stall so that more tourists come to visit and people move back. you get to refurbish places to get them up and running again, which provides added functions and more or less brings back a lively population to the place. i know that a fishing rpg is probably something right up some people's alley so i figured it's worth a mention.

a thing to note is that the control scheme is very much aimed towards a controller, with the keyboard controls being a little bit funky. i assume they might get ironed out more sooner or later. there also seems to be some confused people who don't understand how to parse the UI in terms of it displaying the 4 face buttons of said controller and directly showing you which one is mapped to what function, to the point where some people say you 'can't save' even though at the bottom of the screen on the save menu it directly lists which buttons do what. overall some of that UI stuff probably needs a little touching up but don't let it turn you away.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Johnny Joestar posted:

just released today, and after putting in a few hours i can definitely say i'm charmed by it. it's like a stardew valley-esque kinda deal that focuses entirely on fishing and cooking, with the underlying systems for those being more involved than anything in stardew valley/harvest moon without a doubt, and you're looking to revitalize an ailing bayside town by kicking the sustainable fishing industry back into gear and selling seafood dishes from your street stall so that more tourists come to visit and people move back. you get to refurbish places to get them up and running again, which provides added functions and more or less brings back a lively population to the place. i know that a fishing rpg is probably something right up some people's alley so i figured it's worth a mention.

a thing to note is that the control scheme is very much aimed towards a controller, with the keyboard controls being a little bit funky. i assume they might get ironed out more sooner or later. there also seems to be some confused people who don't understand how to parse the UI in terms of it displaying the 4 face buttons of said controller and directly showing you which one is mapped to what function, to the point where some people say you 'can't save' even though at the bottom of the screen on the save menu it directly lists which buttons do what. overall some of that UI stuff probably needs a little touching up but don't let it turn you away.

I was reading a couple reviews of this earlier today and I put it on my wishlist, at least. It definitely looks like my kind of thing, but I have like four other games I'm working on right now, so I can afford to wait a bit for some of the small gripes I'm reading about to get ironed out. I'd be interested in hearing more on how you feel about it after you've played it a bit deeper!

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Samopsa posted:

it's 10 bucks on epic now with the free coupon and the game owns, definitely worth installing a second launcher

I mean, I'd rather have it on steam but the epic store is fine for installing and launching games.
I also never play these kind of games in EA, since I don´t want to be tired of the game once it releases. So, it´s all good for me.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I was reading a couple reviews of this earlier today and I put it on my wishlist, at least. It definitely looks like my kind of thing, but I have like four other games I'm working on right now, so I can afford to wait a bit for some of the small gripes I'm reading about to get ironed out. I'd be interested in hearing more on how you feel about it after you've played it a bit deeper!

I've played a bit on Game Pass, the only super annoying issues I've had were having a bit of trouble understanding which direction to move the rod to counter fish movement, and a story mission that apparently bugs out on the final step but you can reload it and it should work fine. People saying they couldn't figure out how to save boggle my mind, like I figured it out pretty quickly.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, some of the UI elements probably could do with a little freshening up in terms of readability but i don't particularly understand the issues some folks are apparently having.

also in terms of countering fish movement you explicitly want to move the stick in the opposite direction that the fish is trying to go. it'll go away, left or right and you want to do the opposite. when the fish switches to a new direction you might need to give it a half second to get a feeling for where it's angling itself but it'll be one of those 3. when it's going straight away is a great time to do the yank to pull it more towards you.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Things are really slowing down in terms of decent releases. Feel like it might be a little slow for the rest of the year

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Is anyone playing Guardians of the Galaxy? I'm...tempted, but probably will wait for a sale. Looks kind of fun imo.

Edit, this is the wrong thread but maybe not?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Play posted:

Things are really slowing down in terms of decent releases. Feel like it might be a little slow for the rest of the year

I assume all of the gamedevs are powering up their switches to play SMTV in a few weeks and I can’t begrudge them that joy

e: Also the SRW game dropping next week on steam!!!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

External Organs posted:

Is anyone playing Guardians of the Galaxy? I'm...tempted, but probably will wait for a sale. Looks kind of fun imo.

Edit, this is the wrong thread but maybe not?

When does it release? Can you post a trailer?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

StrixNebulosa posted:

When does it release? Can you post a trailer?

Trailer here! https://youtu.be/Q0fdMDwhVzk

It came out yesterday on PC, Xbox. PlayStation.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

External Organs posted:

Trailer here! https://youtu.be/Q0fdMDwhVzk

It came out yesterday on PC, Xbox. PlayStation.

Oh that looks fun, like Mass Effect but more action run-n-gun shooting. I'll add it to my wishlist, thanks!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I think it looks pretty fun, and I like GOTG. But not necessarily fun enough to pay full price right now. I'm guessing it's not the most content-rich game ever either.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Play posted:

i'll try to put out a november release thing in the steam thread like i do for each start of the month, i'm just a little busy with work atm

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I watched JackFrags stream the GotG game and it looks better than the Avengers one but the off brand voice actors and likenesses just weird me out for some reason. It’s dumb because the characters have looked different in comics etc but I guess the MCU has just broken me.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1732190/FATAL_FRAME__PROJECT_ZERO_Maiden_of_Black_Water/

quote:

“FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO: Maiden of Black Water” comes to Steam for the first time to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the horror-adventure series FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO. The game is set on sacred Mt. Hikami, a site of many mysterious and terrifying incidents.

quote:

Okay, first the bad news. The game aims to run at your monitor's refresh rate. If your monitor is above 60 and your GPU can handle it (and it CAN handle it), then the game will run uncapped. The thing is, the game's fps is tied to its speed. 60 fps is full speed. 120 fps is double speed. I'm not sure how much more it speeds up beyond that, but I'm guessing that, if you have a good GPU and a high refresh rate monitor, you can end up tripling the game's speed without issue. There is no way to lock this within the game. Maybe there's something in a config menu someone can dig up. So, you'll have to lock the game to 60 fps with an external program.

On top of that, there's NO MOUSE SUPPORT for the menus or controls. If you were hoping to control the camera with your mouse, forget about it and hope for a mod. As for the better news, it's a Fatal Frame game and it's the first one we've ever gotten on PC. I like the game a lot, although it's mostly pretty easy and not scary. The plot is really cool, though, as it focuses on the ritual sacrifice of shrine maidens as you creep through decrepit places. The game is episodic and there are plenty of times where you have to go back through the same area you just got done with, but as a different character. Some chapters end up feeling interchangeable due to this. You also can't maintain your inventory between chapters, which is weak.

On the other hand, leftover items give you points when you beat a level, as do the photos you've taken. The camera combat is the highlight here, as it's extremely fun and unique. You do bonus damage for making clever use of your viewfinder and you can press a button to dodge enemy attacks. The movement controls are poor, though. The FOV is super tight and characters are sluggish and don't move well. They also open doors and pick up items insanely slowly. Still, I like the combat, atmosphere, and lore enough that I really enjoy this game. Anyone who doesn't like all of those things might kind of hate it, though. Hopefully the fps issue will get fixed, as it's kind of glaring and I'm not sure how it got missed. Or maybe I'm just being stupid and I'm the only one being affected by this, but I doubt it. In summation, ghosts bad, photos good.

There are also bikinis included since I know so many people in the forums kept complaining about those not being here.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

quote:

In Moonglow Bay, you play as a rookie angler, working together with friends, family, and neighbours to hone your fishing skills, nourish relationships, and restore a remote town’s fractured community.

quote:

Whoever let this be released with an unexplained keyboard scheme that can't be remapped needs to take a long hard look in the mirror. If you don't have a gamepad (and even then it seems there's still issues with that on the discussion boards) then good luck to ya.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

more like Fatal Framerate

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1266100/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Parliament_of_Knives/

quote:

Dominate undead politics through cunning and violence! Will a missing Prince give you the opening to betray your sire and seize power?

Vampire: The Masquerade — Parliament of Knives is 600,000 word interactive horror novel by Jeffrey Dean, based on Vampire: The Masquerade and set in the World of Darkness shared story universe. Your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

The undead Prince of Canada's capital city has disappeared, and his second-in-command, Eden Corliss, wants you to find out why. You’ve been loyal to Corliss since she Embraced you and made you a vampire, but this could be your chance to take her place. Will you defend your sire from the accusations flying, or join forces with her rivals to bring her down?

Ottawa’s court of immortals is tight-knit and merciless, with tensions between clans that go back centuries. The Prince has been missing for four days, and old alliances are starting to crumble. How will you leverage the political chaos to your advantage? The authorities are already on high alert against a new group of Anarchs in the city, who have been breaching the Masquerade by revealing their true nature. You’ll have to gather evidence to demonstrate which suspects deserve punishment, and you can’t afford to guess wrong. One careless word could get you stabbed in the back—staked through the heart, and left to burn in the sun.

Who will you save when the knives are out?

Choose from three clans, each with different gifts.
Flaunt your coercive dominance as a Ventrue, your dark stealth as a Nosferatu, or your heightened senses as a Toreador.
Master the social scene and ensnare the weak in your thrall.
Command your own manservant and ghoul.
Attack the Anarchs in the city, or help them take over.
Uncover the lies at the heart of Ottawa’s immortal court.
Romance a sheriff or a seer.
Feast on the blood dolls of your charismatic ally.
Play as male, female, or nonbinary; gay, straight, or bi.

I'd apologize for the single-game-per-post but I keep getting emails letting me know a new game is out.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

priznat posted:

I watched JackFrags stream the GotG game and it looks better than the Avengers one but the off brand voice actors and likenesses just weird me out for some reason. It’s dumb because the characters have looked different in comics etc but I guess the MCU has just broken me.

Jim Stephanie Sterling gave a review of it, it's got great accessibility options like Control did and the combat is very much Mass Effect/Dragon Age Inquisition where you'll have to eventually memorize the 16 moves (4 each) your party members has to synergize together.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

finally the game where my 60 Hz TV is an asset rather than a liability!

New games:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/898750/Super_Robot_Wars_30/

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256857772/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1635403418

Super Robot Wars 30 is a tactical RPG featuring famous mechas from anime and games from Bandai Namco. Seems to be a series maybe, I've never played any of them.

quote:

30 years on, the battle for our world's future continues. Super Robot Wars is a tactical RPG that brings characters and robots from a variety of mecha anime together to battle their mutual foes.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1206060/Happy_Game/

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256811615/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1608052669

From Amanita Design comes something a little different: Happy Game, a psychedelic horror game that seems to consist of a few puzzle vignettes where you are trying to escape these disturbing environments

quote:

A little boy falls asleep to a horrible nightmare. Can you make him happy again?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/microtrailers/status/1453755673825656841?s=20

New Square Enix Yoko Taro game, although it's a card battle based RPG so don't expect the complexity of a Nier:Automata. Has a demo, which I enjoyed.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

thecluckmeme posted:

Jim Stephanie Sterling gave a review of it, it's got great accessibility options like Control did and the combat is very much Mass Effect/Dragon Age Inquisition where you'll have to eventually memorize the 16 moves (4 each) your party members has to synergize together.

I could see getting it on sale or hopefully it comes to game pass too, it did look pretty fun once in the action, if a bit basic pathing. Kind of an old school feel when you’re used to more open world stuff.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Play posted:

Super Robot Wars 30 is a tactical RPG featuring famous mechas from anime and games from Bandai Namco. Seems to be a series maybe, I've never played any of them.
You could say that. There's like, ~50 games in the series at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Oldstench posted:

You could say that. There's like, ~50 games in the series at this point.

lol that's funny, from the summary it said '30 years on' so I was wondering if the first and only game was actually from 30 years ago. Which seemed impossibly old for a moment until I remember that actually I am old

Looking it up the first one was actually a game boy game, so not even as old as it easily could be