Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

Why do people drink so much monster when you could drink the cheap soda that tastes like your preference and eat a caffeine pill for so much less money

(In before "Costco doesn't sell caffeine pills")

Monster Ultra Zero is the drink of the gods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ultra Fiesta might be my fav Monster right now. :munch:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Gaius Marius posted:

Monster Ultra Zero is the drink of the gods

Is that the one in the white can? If so, yes

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

jisforjosh posted:

Costco sells caffeine pills

I'm interested in this because I'm running out of the ones I got from Amazon. Are they in the warehouses?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

skipdogg posted:

It's easy to see why someone would assume it was. Coke owns like 20% of Monster, and Monster heavily leverages Coca Cola's distribution and bottling networks. It's very likely that increased bottling and transportation costs on Coca Cola's side of things can lead to price increased for Monster drinks.

This is why I asked, Monster relies on Coca Cola's distribution network and I would assume that extends to Costco.

Also, Monster is the terrible type of carbonated piss water I enjoy, I was gonna buy a pack the next time they went on sale. Coffee fucks my stomach up, so Monster is my caffeine delivery device

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also Monster Ultra Zero is probably the best but some of the other flavors are p great

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I wish I could get a pallet of Rehabs from the church, but the Ultras are now totally gone from my local one. Assuming the above re: distribution networks is true.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

jisforjosh posted:

Costco sells caffeine pills

I'm so excited! I'm so.... scared!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm interested in this because I'm running out of the ones I got from Amazon. Are they in the warehouses?

StormDrain posted:

I'm so excited! I'm so.... scared!

Just realized on second look they're not just caffeine but those fat burning pills that are green tea extract and caffeine from green tea

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I just drink a half gallon of unsweet iced tea every day for my caffeine like a real boy

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

How on God’s green earth does Monster gently caress up your stomach less than coffee? All of those energy drinks feel caustic as hell going down.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Bibliotechno Music posted:

How on God’s green earth does Monster gently caress up your stomach less than coffee? All of those energy drinks feel caustic as hell going down.

But that's part of the experience

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Had their take and bake ravioli lasagna, A++ would eat again, was only like $15 too

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hey little fella maybe Monster is too much of a big person drink for your wittle tummy, maybe you should switch to strawberry yoohoo

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

hosed if I know but I've conducted science experiments and it's true in my case!!!!

Like coffee is loving magical going down! and then unbearable burping GERD hell for hours after

Monster is like drinking anti-freeze but instead of killing you, it gives you energy. Somehow I've grown to like the feeling of drinking antifreeze

Also! In looking up Monster as a company, I found out they actually were originally the Hansen's Natural Soda Company, weird. Who would've thought the natural soda company would create MONSTER?

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
If you need caffeine just pick up a bottle of Jet Alert. It's $4.99 at Meijer for a 120 count of 100mg tablets. That's equivalent to 126 cups of coffee.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Strawberry YooHoo? Holy hell that stuff is like battery acid. I just stick to 6 ounces of distilled water warmed to my exact body temperature for all my kicks

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I have ordered Costco snow tires and they have arrived at my Costco and I have an appointment for the 5th but can I just do a walk in and see if they’ll put them on before then?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Soul Dentist posted:

Strawberry YooHoo? Holy hell that stuff is like battery acid. I just stick to 6 ounces of distilled water warmed to my exact body temperature for all my kicks

Distilled waters going to be on the kind of acidic side of things.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The molecules being polarized occasionally gives me an upset stomach but that's just the price I pay for not being a natural morning person

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I know people say the beer advent calendar is no good, but has anyone seen this wine one?

https://www.costco.co.jp/Wines-Liquors/Wine-Advent-Calendar-375-ml-x-24-bottle/p/36153

I'm not knowledgable about wine, but even at that price of around $120 for 24 bottles, it can't be top shelf stuff!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Getting a new vacuum today for the first time in a decade pbuc.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Original_Z posted:

I know people say the beer advent calendar is no good, but has anyone seen this wine one?

https://www.costco.co.jp/Wines-Liquors/Wine-Advent-Calendar-375-ml-x-24-bottle/p/36153

I'm not knowledgable about wine, but even at that price of around $120 for 24 bottles, it can't be top shelf stuff!

So MY GIRLFRIEND's friend got her the wine advent calendar last year as a gift and she enjoyed it, enough that she bought one for herself and then convinced FOUR OF HER FRIENDS to buy them too. That was a real interesting checkout experience!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yes friends those are all for friends no alcoholism here

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

bird with big dick posted:

I have ordered Costco snow tires and they have arrived at my Costco and I have an appointment for the 5th but can I just do a walk in and see if they’ll put them on before then?

I mean, you can try, but in my experience the tire shop is slammed all the time and you’ll have to wait like 4 hours.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

david_a posted:

I mean, you can try, but in my experience the tire shop is slammed all the time and you’ll have to wait like 4 hours.

Depends entirely on the specific Costco and tire center. If they scheduled so far out like that then perhaps they are a place that is slammed, worst is you can stop over and see.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

how're the 32 Degrees thermals? $12 for a pair of bottoms or tops is a great deal

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Yes friends those are all for friends no alcoholism here

If it was my alcoholism, it'd be boxes upon boxes of Kirkland Margarita Mix Thanks

Johnny Truant posted:

how're the 32 Degrees thermals? $12 for a pair of bottoms or tops is a great deal

I have them on now! Highly recommend! They aren't meant for SUPER cold temperatures, but work great for WFH in the basement / not freezing my rear end off in the winter, and the cost is fuckin perfect for wearing them daily

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I just want Kirkland Signature Marijuana Edibles in a big Costco-sized bag

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Hey little lady maybe Monster is too much of a big person drink for your wittle tummy, maybe you should switch to strawberry yoohoo

I am deeply offended as I have a big girl tummy and subsist solely on black coffee, cigarettes, and spite (and Kirkland Signature products).

Also yoohoo is nasty, especially strawberry. Maybe try to advance your wittle palate past sugary drinks?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bagmonkey posted:

I have them on now! Highly recommend! They aren't meant for SUPER cold temperatures, but work great for WFH in the basement / not freezing my rear end off in the winter, and the cost is fuckin perfect for wearing them daily

Dope, def gonna snag at least two pair for me, probably for my partner as well. Hoping to bike the entire winter so layerability is key

Also it gives me an excuse to order the Kirkland logo sweatshirt :hehe:

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

And seconding the 32 degree bottoms, I think my husband and I have like 6 pairs each and I’m def buying more when I go there today. Mr Music rides all winter as well, and he absolutely swears by them. They do start to sag a bit in the crotch after a while, but they’re so comfy that it’s not really a problem.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

How does the Costco pharmacy compare to other pharmacies? Just realized that with the new Costco close by, I could conceivably transfer my prescriptions there from Walgreens. Slightly less convenient, but if they are cheaper, it might be worthwhile.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Orvin posted:

How does the Costco pharmacy compare to other pharmacies? Just realized that with the new Costco close by, I could conceivably transfer my prescriptions there from Walgreens. Slightly less convenient, but if they are cheaper, it might be worthwhile.

Cash prices are waaaaaaay cheaper for me than prescription through walgreens

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Orvin posted:

It is far and away the best pharmacy I’ve ever used, both in terms of price and staff. Last time I was there, one of my meds was cheaper with GoodRX than my insurance, and they looked it up and applied the discount without my even asking!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

And seconding the 32 degree bottoms, I think my husband and I have like 6 pairs each and I’m def buying more when I go there today. Mr Music rides all winter as well, and he absolutely swears by them. They do start to sag a bit in the crotch after a while, but they’re so comfy that it’s not really a problem.

:yum:

I will say that I have two pairs of Uniqlo ultra heat tech thermals and they're fuckin phenomenal, incredibly warm, dry fast, really soft, no sagging even 3-4 years out. BUT, those suckers are $30 for a single bottom or top. So I'm all fuckin bout a cheaper alternative that doesn't (or barely) compromises quality

PBUC

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

:yum:

I will say that I have two pairs of Uniqlo ultra heat tech thermals and they're fuckin phenomenal, incredibly warm, dry fast, really soft, no sagging even 3-4 years out. BUT, those suckers are $30 for a single bottom or top. So I'm all fuckin bout a cheaper alternative that doesn't (or barely) compromises quality

PBUC

That's my exact setup. I have the 32 Degrees for every day and then like 5-6 pairs of other long underwear, merino wool, wind blocker, etc I do wish that Costco had some of the fancy wind blocker ones for Costco prices, they are hella useful for outdoor winter drinking

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Johnny Truant posted:

Wearing em' right now. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Y’all. This Sherpa blanket. I’m going to live under it for the rest of my life (and fight the dog for control over it).

E: looks like it belongs to the beagle now, RIP my dreams of comfort

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 27, 2021