Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

BioTech posted:

Killer Klowns
Pandora
Event Horizon
Lifeforce
Alien, all of them, including the Italian one (Contamination, was it?) and Planet of the Vampires
Life
Predator, all of them including the one forgotten movie it was based on
Critters, all of them
Jason X
The Thing
The Blob
Moontrap
Oxygen
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Galaxy of Terror

The Faculty (I really like this movie for some odd reason)
Dreamcatcher (not a good a movie)
Signs
Critters
The Day the Earth Stood Still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The ugly cackle I emitted as I discovered that Alone in the Dark (2005) is based on a video game, I've always wanted to see one of the worst movies of all time to see if it can defeat the reigning champ of Dracula 3000. This is going to be perfect to do chores to!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Alone in the Dark is truly one of the worst movies of all time. I don't think there's any hyperbole in making that statement.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Stay Alive was a fun video game movie with an absolutely premium early ought GAMER archetype.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I really enjoyed Save Yourselves! as a recent space invasion comedy-horrish movie.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/bdisgusting/status/1453070616169521154?s=21

HMMMMMM

quote:

Night of the Living Dead II takes place on a remote island where a small group of survivors of the zombie apocalypse take shelter, only to face fresh terror when the flesheaters find their way ashore. Sounds more like a sequel to Day of the Dead, doesn’t it?

Slabine tells us, “With Night of the Living Dead II I wanted to tell an original and engaging story with these amazing actors who haven’t been together since 1985. They are incredible and I want to showcase that just because someone is over the age of 60 doesn’t mean they can’t give a phenomenal performance. During one of Jarlath’s scenes, 2 crew members had to leave set as they were crying and almost ruining the take because of how good he was. It’s incredible to see the 3 together with all of their chemistry not skipping a beat since they were all together as well as their zombie killing abilities. We have a ton of surprises and some big name cast that we have yet to announce but are wicked excited to have apart of this and are very sure fans will be pleased. The movie is about characters first and story before anything else but it’s still going to be extremely gory and have some great twists and turns.”

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

Alone in the Dark is truly one of the worst movies of all time. I don't think there's any hyperbole in making that statement.

Twenty minutes in and I'll be damned if I can tell you anything about what's been happening. It's jumpy, going from scene to scene with no connecting characters at all. Mindboggling.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vic Miller getting money is fine. But him holding the rights loving sucks rear end because he hates Jason.

However if they can get away with Jason movies not called Friday the 13th that’s fine.

Mike has been back. No reason Jason can’t also I want to finish the Neca line of Jason’s

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
The only """"""good"""""""" Uwe Boll film is Postal!

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

The Deep House spoilers within

Holy poo poo I did not see that bleak ending coming and was glad it cut to the credits instead of some kind of improbable happy ending / it was all a hallucination type of bullshit.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

An hour into Alone in the Dark and... it's not as bad as I was expecting? Like don't think I'm going to call it good but there's an actual plot and tension and I'm kinda interesting to see the rivalry resolve between main character man and the dude who's still in 713.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

BioTech posted:

Any recommendations for the Spaced Invaders challenge in the October thread?
Specifically;
-Watch a film about extraterrestrial life.
-Watch a film set in space

The McPherson Tape is also worth a shot for early found footage and alien invasion stuff

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Mooseontheloose posted:

it's because it owns, it's one of my favorite '90s horror movies

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

StrixNebulosa posted:

An hour into Alone in the Dark and... it's not as bad as I was expecting? Like don't think I'm going to call it good but there's an actual plot and tension and I'm kinda interesting to see the rivalry resolve between main character man and the dude who's still in 713.

I watched this for the challenge like two years ago and my reaction was the same. It's not good but it's far from the worst thing out there:

quote:

And after watching this, I have to say - that was it? This movie inspired all that hate? It's basically a bigger-budget SyFy Original movie. I mean, I don't know, I've watched a ton of unwatchable dreck in this challenge - and by unwatchable, I mean everything is shot in the dark and you can't see what's going on - so my expectations for this film were at rock-bottom, and they were surpassed, whatever low bar that was. I just couldn't find myself hating it. Yes, it blatantly steals wholesale concepts and lifts entire scenes from other, better movies. Yes, the acting ranges from tolerable (Slater) to sub-par (Tara Reid). Yes, some of the big action scenes are incoherently edited. Yes, the 2005 creature CGI is certainly 2005 creature CGI. As far as I'm concerned, the movie's biggest sin is taking what could have been an interesting concept at the start (I thought the first 30 minutes or so was decent) and ruins it by padding out the rest of the film with Aliens/Starship Troopers-inspired large-scale shootouts where everything looks the same.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Mooseontheloose posted:

Dreamcatcher (not a good a movie)

I'm always down for a good Elijah Wood horror so I get it but I also liked Dreamcatcher so what do I know.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Duckula posted:

The Deep House spoilers within

Holy poo poo I did not see that bleak ending coming and was glad it cut to the credits instead of some kind of improbable happy ending / it was all a hallucination type of bullshit.

I found it appropriate because She lied about her time in the beginning. She held her breath for like 1:22 but told dude it was 3 minutes. If she had been able to hold her breath that long, she probably would have survived! I

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
How do I watch The Deep House?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Drunkboxer posted:

It comes out next week

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Ahhhh Friday chat, have any of you heard of that film “Fanboy 13” it’s a slasher that involves a killer hunting down actors from the Friday the 13th franchise, it’s written and Directed by Tina from Part 7 and has Kane Hodder and Corey Feldman in it, I’ve heard it’s silly but fun for Friday fans.

I’m gonna watch it tonight

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Drunkboxer posted:

I'd probably recommend sitting, you'll get tired standing up

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gaz2k21 posted:

Ahhhh Friday chat, have any of you heard of that film “Fanboy 13” it’s a slasher that involves a killer hunting down actors from the Friday the 13th franchise, it’s written and Directed by Tina from Part 7 and has Kane Hodder and Corey Feldman in it, I’ve heard it’s silly but fun for Friday fans.

I’m gonna watch it tonight

why didn't I know about this sooner holy poo poo

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

They're probably going to do a remake of Friday the 13th with no Jason.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jason is too iconic a character to be gone long and he will return as he always does

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jason is too iconic a character to be gone long and he will return as he always does

The outlook for us getting another Jasoncentric horror movie is very grim. I just don't think it's ever going to happen. The remake was in 2009 so its been more than 10 years.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Anyone have a good recommendation for the "Devil Made Me Do It" square on the horror bingo card? The requirements are:

-Watch a film about possession
-Watch a film that features the Devil, or Satan, or demons.

I was thinking about watching Rosemary's Baby, but I'm not sure if "people that worship Satan" count.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Watch The Medium :getin:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Anyone have a good recommendation for the "Devil Made Me Do It" square on the horror bingo card? The requirements are:

I was thinking about watching Rosemary's Baby, but I'm not sure if "people that worship Satan" count.

I just watched The Blood on Satan's Claw last night and it ruled

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Okay, so I need a spooky movie to watch with someone for Halloween and they’re not a fan of graphic murder or anything. I’ve got a white crayon here.

We ended up going with Return of the Living Dead so between that and Chopping Mall it seems horror comedy is the way to go.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I will be watching Demons 2, having watched Demons before the challenge was posted.

Rosemary's Baby counts imo. The trick is to just post the review and see if someone calls you out (they won't)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I just watched The Blood on Satan's Claw last night and it ruled

Seconded.

See also:

Psychomania
About a gang of teenage bikers in rural England that make a suicide pact in order to gain eternal life.

November
An atmospheric Estonian film steeped in folklore featuring deals with the devil.

Faust
Guess.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

it only ticks the film about possession box, not the devil or satan, but 'Possessor' is absolutely terrific and worth every minute

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Hollismason posted:

The outlook for us getting another Jasoncentric horror movie is very grim. I just don't think it's ever going to happen. The remake was in 2009 so its been more than 10 years.

Honestly, they should let it go back to its low-budget, DIY origins as a movie. Though if Dead Meat is anything to go by, maybe a more professional crew than some of the original movies.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The Church by Michele Soavi

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
I just want to say as a lurker and someone who avoided pretty much all horror movies until a year ago that this is the best thread on SA. I've knocked out something like 20 horror movies this spooky szn and it's been a ton of fun. I think the my biggest (or at least favorite) accomplishment so far is knocking out the Friday the 13th series. I blind bought the Scream Factory set and it's been a great time watching the movies and all the extras. I love how passionate everyone involved is and how much fun they're having behind the scenes.

Other things I've watched: Titane (holy gently caress), Halloween, Near Dark (outlaw western vampire is a dope genre), Signs (this was actually super tense and compelling), Malignant (gently caress yeah), and a handful of others. I wanted Doctor Sleep to be spookier but I thought the directors cut worked a lot better than the theatrical cut. I liked the FFC Dracula but realllly couldn't get past Keanu. Some incredibly striking imagery though. Fear Street 94 was good and I'll never look at a bread slicer the same way. I still need to check out the other two. Shadow In the Cloud might be the dumbest movie I've seen in a long time (I am actively watching through the Resident Evil series) but goddamn was it fun. Possessor was incredibly good but so so bleak. Return of the Living Dead is a work of art.

Anyways I just wanted to show some appreciation to this thread. I never thought I'd find myself ~excited~ to put on a scary movie but here I am.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Hollismason posted:

Just do a prequel to the remake. Easy!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

yoohoo posted:

Anyways I just wanted to show some appreciation to this thread. I never thought I'd find myself ~excited~ to put on a scary movie but here I am.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

good spookadoodle vibes itt every october, i love it

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

The Exorcist obviously.
Event Horizon
Ghost Ship (worth it really for the opening scene and then towards the end of the movie how the crew went nuts and killed everyone.
Split
Nightmare on Elm Street 2 and New Nightmare
Jennifer's Body
It (any version) ok, so this is a cheat because It has control over the town so, not sure if that counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Just do a prequel to the remake. Easy!

A movie about some bereaved mother killing people she holds responsible for the unjust and untimely death of her child?

I don't think that'd work