Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Imagine NFTs getting so powerful that the ability to right click is literally taken away in a new windows 11 update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

wget will always work.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

EorayMel posted:

Imagine NFTs getting so powerful that the ability to right click is literally taken away in a new windows 11 update

good times incoming for physical screenshot devices and hex editors :)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Penisface posted:

physical screenshot devices

isnt this called a camera?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

We at Blingblong Inc. call it Snapper, a new revolutionary device that allows you to scan physical objects and save them as proprietary two-dimensional image-based digital tokens.

Snapper. Snap Your Own Reality.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
even if they kill the right click and murder the screen capture and eviscerate the ability to inspect the code of a site and find the direct location of the image, you can still just bookmark the page and stare at the nft for as long as you want with out paying, cause if people can't see which racist lion you have what is the point??

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

idea: emulate the old nickelodeon machines and have it so that anyone who isn't the direct owner has to pay money to view an nft for a few seconds

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

idea: emulate the old nickelodeon machines and have it so that anyone who isn't the direct owner has to pay money to view an nft for a few seconds

and then 25% of everyone hyping up their super rare nft to get people to pay for a peek will end up having goatse or dickbutt

as god intended

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i am talking about the old school camera thing that was used to take screenshots before computers got a print screen button

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Penisface posted:

i am talking about the old school camera thing that was used to take screenshots before computers got a print screen button

You wouldn't shoot a screen

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Penisface posted:

motherfucker probably called himself ansi adams

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

this is what orb is for, it records your eye and all cameras will be fitted with a logic circuit that will cross reference your eye scan and the owner of the nft. if it detects that you aren't the owner when you take the picture the camera will explode, killing you

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Penisface posted:

Which hentai was this fleshlight inspired from/modeled after

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

EorayMel posted:

Which hentai was this fleshlight inspired from/modeled after

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

EorayMel posted:

they did this already
since vista there's been OS-level drm stuff to stop you being able to screencapture certain media

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Boxturret did NFT years ago on a predecessor of this very thraed, all things start on SA after all

to unlock this image send 5 jpegcoins

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ah yes, back when they wanted to store hashes of every image on a blockchain so they could never be copied, weird how those guys haven't reemerged to latch on to the nft thing yet

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Some of those who are trashes

are the same who store hashes

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

qirex posted:

brb making nfts out of all the platonic solids

I have lots of these; been collecting them since Jr High.

I keep them all in a Crown Royal bag.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Sapozhnik posted:

i guess the one silver lining for cryptoshit is that all of the worst people in all of creation are super eager to tell you all about it

Hire Bitcoin evangelist. Run all financial decisions by him (of course it’s a “him”). If he says it looks like a good idea shred the proposal. Pay him in worldcoin, by which I mean “don’t pay him.”

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

they did this already
since vista there's been OS-level drm stuff to stop you being able to screencapture certain media

Not to change the subject, but I would like to read about this. Any links or process name I can look up later? Not trolling just curious 🧐

Edit: Apologies for the triple.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

what ever happened to Colored Coins, did they finally realize how bad the name sounded

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Shame Boy posted:

what ever happened to Colored Coins, did they finally realize how bad the name sounded

quote:

https://www.chia.net/2021/09/23/chia-token-standard-naming.en.html
We’re in the process of making a real standard for tokens which will guarantee interoperability for developers who follow it, and it needs a name. In the past we’ve used the term ‘coloured coins’ in our documentation and code to refer to tokens built on top of Chia. This has the disadvantage that it’s an esoteric bit of jargon, refers to a general concept rather than our specific implementation, and ‘coloured’ is a loaded term in many parts of the world.

lol you don't say

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Have the devs considered rebranding it as an homage to donkey kong 64????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

EorayMel posted:

Have the devs considered rebranding it as an homage to donkey kong 64????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That’s why it’s a loaded word. Everyone hated those

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

we're so hosed lol

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1453335939783303168

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/MorningBrew/status/1453445533754855433?s=20

some kid is now a billionaire because they likely yoloed their birthday money into a shitcoin that took off

i loving hate this world

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
make coin

give yourself 999999999 of it

sell the other one coin for $10

you now have $9999999990 worth of coins

one weird trick

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The_Franz posted:

https://twitter.com/MorningBrew/status/1453445533754855433?s=20

some kid is now a billionaire because they likely yoloed their birthday money into a shitcoin that took off

i loving hate this world

A paper billionaire. Cashing that out would be an interesting proposition.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

lol, 35 billion daily transaction volume

"fully diluted market cap" lol
they've been calculating market cap by going (all existing coins)*(current price), so this would be (all coins that will ever exist ever)*(current price)

which is great when you think about how the coin faucet is supposed to slowly close over the course like a century

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
IT'S A FUNNY DOG!!!!!!!

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

lol, 35 billion daily transaction volume

"fully diluted market cap" lol
they've been calculating market cap by going (all existing coins)*(current price), so this would be (all coins that will ever exist ever)*(current price)

which is great when you think about how the coin faucet is supposed to slowly close over the course like a century

how do people not see this and immediately question their calculation methods

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

crosspostin'

currency of the future

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i like the implication that they coasted into the gas station on fumes and have absolutely no other means of payment because they were 100% reliant on that coinbase card - no debit cards, credit cards, certainly not any cash, no the only basket i need for my eggs is my highly volatile pretend money visa

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

When I was in Mt.Gox doing the rounds there were a ton of trading exchanges set up at the time. They were all in sketchy shipping containers and I distinctly remember every single one of them you’d ring the doorbell, and when you went inside there was always a blackout curtain covering the entranceway to hide the mining inside, as if the SEC came by and you answered the door and they couldn’t physically see the ponzis and HYIPs they would just walk away. I dunno, maybe it was one of those laws where they can’t search without a warrant or suspicion.

Anyways, trading the cryptocurrencies in exchanges you’re mostly against insane NFT businessmen and Sealand-born libertarians. They both trade stupidly reckless and were incredibly easy fish. They constantly all-in with nothing and if you sit down long enough you can scam them out. The private exchanges in the big warehouse complexes are all Sealand nationals mining illegally so they’re a lot more careful. Conversely, they trade the opposite, incredibly tight. You can walk in with 150 dogecoins and easily scam someone with a 1000 doll hairs stack. They bring in these gross dog dick coffee table women in low cut dresses but you’re still in someone’s junky warehouse basement.

One night my boss and I are doing our regular hustle, staying out of each other’s way. We’re both doing well and we can tell the other people at the table are obviously scamming together too, something like a 5v2. It’s obvious they want to scam the American and the foreign-born auditor. One bitcoin named Turdmeister that we knew from a previous ponzi was there as well. He was a early adopter of some Soylent or Tesla exec and drove an Aventador, smoked like a chimney, drinks until his face is beet red, has a kid with some white girl in Maryland he never sees, and was educated at UCLA. My boss goes on an insane run of getting two dogecoins and 3 tethers in a row and like 2 all-ins on this bitcoin. Turdmeister is insanely tilted and seeing red. My boss busts him out on the last fee of the night and he goes to another exchange that the game runners also have for people to chill out in when they bust, kind of like a day care for bad pyramid schemes. I cash out with a small profit and my boss takes a break and goes upstairs to smoke and Turdmeister is there waiting for him, and pulls a blockchain on him in front of like two other people and starts demanding his transaction chargeback. My boss is trying to calm him down and everyone is just watching this guy threaten him. The game runners show up a minute later with two bigass Men With Guns who are obviously some kind of security bouncer types and Turdmeister relents and leaves but not before upending a mining rig and smashing some strawberries on the way out.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/sgtballss/status/1453481262304219137

https://twitter.com/Cryptoiscrack/status/1453481541418561541

https://twitter.com/Cryptoiscrack/status/1453482774757875712

well at least he admits it

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

i like the implication that they coasted into the gas station on fumes and have absolutely no other means of payment because they were 100% reliant on that coinbase card - no debit cards, credit cards, certainly not any cash, no the only basket i need for my eggs is my highly volatile pretend money visa

well, we are talking about someone so into crypto that they have a coinbase debit card...

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTxfkc3Vaf4

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i love that the term "meteoric rise" caught on

yeah the term for a piece of space rock currently burning up in the earth's atmosphere that will either melt away to nothing or cause significant damage when it crashes is the perfect thing to use to describe a bitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
the famous thing meteors do: go up