Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

post itt when you pretend you're doing work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

present

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

this is the only thread i will be posting in from now on.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
finally, a thread for me

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
never work, only post

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Telling the bossman i'm catting the proc when i'm actually just watching babylon 5 on my other monitor.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
sup peeps

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

im watching a colleague write acceptance tests and clean up his code and offering suggestions

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

some days i dont even really pretend to be honest. today is kind of one of those days.

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008

post hole digger posted:

some days i dont even really pretend to be honest. today is kind of one of those days.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i played video games all day

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
That spire ain't gonna slay itself.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

:yeah:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Hello, thread

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
cjs: this

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

goooooood mornnnninnnggg pretending to work megathreadddd

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

drinking a shitload of coffee and red bull but not to power through a bunch of work. just sitting here vibrating peacefully.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
New Tim Rogers Action Button Review dropped last night.

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008
had an hour long meeting, that counts as a work day

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Empty Pockets posted:

had an hour long meeting, that counts as a work day

1 hour zoom meeting with my camera off where i dont say a single word = earned 3 hours of posting and staring out the window

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i woke up extremely hungover, its 12:30pm, maybe ill do something.

maybe not.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
knowing of how everything is configured is work in itself

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
got up

opened email, deleted trash

1 actual item to handle: support wants more config data from this busted pos over here, handled in 5 mins

confirm that other busted pos is also still busted

contemplate opening another defect for that other pos: ( 20 mins later) naaaaaaaaah.

stare out window till noon

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

stack overflow down, really phoning it in now

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

this thread is a honeypot created by your company's management, spread the word :ninja:

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

post hole digger posted:

this thread is a honeypot created by your company's management, spread the word :ninja:

good. fire me assholes so i can become a hobo and ride the rails.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
watching arcade machine repair videos and occasionally checking in with the folks doing a prod deployment to give my expert advice

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m using hackertyper to look like I’m busy

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’m using hackertyper to look like I’m busy

thank u for this

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008

post hole digger posted:

1 hour zoom meeting with my camera off where i dont say a single word = earned 3 hours of posting and staring out the window

:hmmyes:

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008
writing up your employee of the month nomination now

Boody
Aug 15, 2001

post hole digger posted:

Same here except dropped 10 minutes before end when questions started getting asked that I couldn't answer or fake an answer to.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

working hard to pretend not to be working

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

does it count as working or pretending to work if i have to wait 30 minutes for this hardware to reset before i can do anything

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

does it count as working or pretending to work if i have to wait 30 minutes for this hardware to reset before i can do anything

yes

Boody
Aug 15, 2001
Am I blessed or is this a common occurrence?

Company secops teams been screaming for a change to decommission Centos 5 machines for 6-8 months. I'd gladly make the change but as a mere ops team member I need engineering to create a production ticket to work on. Not happened despite asking for it once a week since June. Due to deadline being this Friday I created a ticket last Thursday but has taken a week for engineering to respond to say it's okay to proceed. Pretty much a days effort stretched out to be 5-6 weeks worth of working on personal stuff.

Only downside is the weekly meeting where I have to point out that I've still haven't received answers to the questions asked 3 months ago.

Laughable, but after 6 months, it's now been decided a project manager is required when the issue could be resolved in 2-3 days if someone just made a decision.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

yeah, guess i walked into that one

folks, don't work on 15+ year old windows CE machines if waiting annoys you

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
got 4 hours of sleep last night.
sat silently through a 9am meeting, submitted a change that was reviewed yesterday, now going to take a nap

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I have like four vscode sessions open but I haven't typed in any of them today. Lots of company slack though and three hours of zoom :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

TehSaurus posted:

I have like four vscode sessions open but I haven't typed in any of them today. Lots of company slack though and three hours of zoom :(

Nice, I also usually end up with 5 browsers open while doing no work