Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Remember when all a comic needed was a disaster scene, minor or huge and the punchine was some variation of "It was El Niño!" They got so much milage out of that! What ever happened to El Niño?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

the simpler time, when all you needed to have a career in the funny papers was a terrifyingly toxic relationship with your wife

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Ventral EggSac

Honey, my woodcut of a caricatured irishwoman was accepted into the paper!

Macnult

whatever happened to predictability?
el nino, the paperboy, the good clean funnies

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i assume garfield is still lazy and fat?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Heather Papps

hello friend

Nosfereefer posted:

depression era garfield is skinny as hell, it sucks

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

depression era garfield is skinny as hell, it sucks

"i hate black tuesday"

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Heather Papps posted:

"i hate black tuesday"

lol

Ghouled Mango

by Pragmatica
I remember laughing at Mutt & Jeff because I am a very old ghost I died in 1935 from getting bit by a horse

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nosfereefer

Ghouled Mango posted:

I remember laughing at Mutt & Jeff because I am a very old ghost I died in 1935 from getting bit by a horse

thats messed up. how were the forums back then? how did bo-pepper post as a young man?

Manifisto

Escape From Noise posted:

Remember when all a comic needed was a disaster scene, minor or huge and the punchine was some variation of "It was El Niño!" They got so much milage out of that! What ever happened to El Niño?

el niño es un jefe, ¿no te has enterado?

ty nesamdoom!

Ghouled Mango

by Pragmatica

Nosfereefer posted:

thats messed up. how were the forums back then? how did bo-pepper post as a young man?

The forums were great, GBS -3.0 was a riot. We all laughed at the idea of men wearing barrels for clothing because they had so little money that they couldn't afford clothes, and people photoshopped Uncle Sam into all sorts of outlandish positions.

Bo-pepper was a very young poster indeed so the mods and IKs were mostly concerned with giving him teaspoons of brandy or sterner stuff if he had the colick. Of course at the time mods and IKs were not permitted to actually LEAVE the mod forum without a chaperone, often a Methodist preacher or nerve doctor. As a side effect QCS was mostly just where we stored surplus barley.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
children in comics these days don't even wear suits and bowties. How am I supposed to chuckle at their antics?

google THIS

Bring back the political cartoons so scribbled with metaphor descriptors you can hardly tell what the picture is and they look like medical diagrams at first glance

google THIS

Actually I don't think those ever left the handwriting just got more informal so it ruined that medical diagram immersion somewhat

Escape From Noise

Is it so hard to make a nice little comic about two psychotic immigrant children trying to murder a sea captain?

Twenty Four

google THIS posted:

Bring back the political cartoons so scribbled with metaphor descriptors you can hardly tell what the picture is and they look like medical diagrams at first glance

lol

biosterous

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Ventral EggSac

Smashing my utensils because my Uncle Sam keeps coming out looking upsettingly tall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Nosfereefer posted:

i’unno but oldschool garf was cool and good and I will fight anyone who wishes to disagree

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!