Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

The Players

Luke Aston, the Neighbor Played by Heliotrope
Lola Reyes, The Mortal Played by Roman Reigns
Shankar "Shan" Estrada, the Infernal Played by paradoxGentleman
Serina Kiliç, the Vampire Played by Frgrbrgr

code:
[Mr. Greene]

[Sam]   [Lilly]     [David]      [Hannah]
[Eden]  [Serina]    [Luke]       [Lewis]
[Lola]  [Alex]      [Shankar]    [Mike]
[Jake]  [Ashley]    [Eve]        [Cassie]
It's October, Sure, there's a definite chill in the air and the nights are starting to get darker but the days are still quite warm. Of course everyone is talking about one thing and one thing only. The big Halloween party downtown tonight sponsored by Prometheus. Free food and drink and a "scary" haunted house for the younger children. And for the older children a party and a best dressed fancy dress competition with prizes for the best costumes. An excited babble of conversations about dates and outfits is sweeping the room while Mr Greene lies slumped in his chair nursing a glass of water and a hangover anyone else would call severe but he calls a typical Friday trying to ignore the rest of the class.

Everyone What costume will you be wearing?

Luke: "Oh hey" David turns his chair around to talk to you "Me and some of the guys were planning to meet up and pre-game some drinks before the big party, you want to come hang with us?" he asks "Uuh if you haven't got other plans that is" Do you want to go hang out with him or do you have an alternative plan or are willing to fake one to get out of it?

Serina: Sam hovers nervously around your desk "umm--I was wondering if you would err- I mean if you don't -- like would you go to the party with me" Will you take up his offer of worship however clumsily delivered or will you put this upstart in his place?

Shankar You feel an itch between your shoulder blades as if someone is watching you. A quick glance over your shoulder sees Eve stare at you thoughtfully and then sketching something on the pad in front of her that you can't quite see. You're not the only one watching her as Ashley leans over to Eve and whispers in a voice loud enough for you to hear. "If you're at the drawing pictures of him stage just ask him out." At that Eve blushes and breaks eye contact with you. What do you do?

Lola ALERT ALERT ALERT. A cuteish guy is talking to Serina. Ok, don''t panic you can still do something about this right. Maybe you could beat him to it. Or make her jealous by talking to someone else or show up this guy for what he's really like. Whatever that is. What do you do?
---------------------------------------

OOC Thread

String Sheet/NPCs

Please put your character sheet in a quote block at the bottom of your first post, and keep it updated as the game goes on. For the start of the game, wait until everyone has made one post before posting again. This is just so that it’s easier for me to look at character sheets in the future when coming back to the first page.

Rules:

Make one move or roll per post, ask me if you want an exception for some reason.

When you get/remove a String, update the String sheet and add a note on how you got/removed it. At the end of a session, I'll remove all the notes so that things don't get so cluttered up.

Have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Lola Reyes the Mortal

Hmmm...what do I want to wear to the Halloween party? Maybe...be Catwoman? Nah, everyone's going to be a superhero. Good ol' fashion zombie? Ehhh they're not as popular as they used to be.

I should wear something that would impress Serina. Or, maybe I can coordinate something with her? After, y'know, asking her out to the party?

As I stare at Serina dreamily thinking of the possibilities to solve my conundrum, I see Sam Whatshisface going up to her to chat. It's no secret that he's into her, and I can distinctly hear the words "go" and "party" and "with me" come out of his mouth.

BULLSHIT that's going to happen on my watch.

Without so much as a plan or thought I get out of my chair and rush over and sharply stand right next to Sam, nearly elbowing him out of the way.

"Hi Serina!" I say cheerfully, fighting through my nerves and the blush I'm sure is growing on my face to flash her a smile. "Hey um y'know I was trying to figure out what to wear for a halloween costume and figured since you've been here for so long and y'know you have a great sense of style and you're pretty and I'm kinda new at this uh maybe you can help me find a costume?"

I then bite my bottom lip coyly, a half rear end attempt to appear cute and seductive and to keep my mouth for rambling any further.

quote:

turn on Serina
# 8
Details:[2d6+2 # (4 2)]

quote:

Name: Lola Reyes
Skin: Mortal
Look: Awkward, Doe Eyes
Origin: New Kid In Town

Stats
Hot: 2
Cold: -1
Volatile: 1
Dark: -1

Moves

True Love
You always have exactly one Lover. The first is chosen during your Backstory. If you ever fall in love with someone else instead, give them a String and they become your new Lover. You always carry 1 forward to earning your Lover’s heart or fancy.

Sympathy is My Weapon
Every time you forgive someone for hurting you, and excuse their base nature, gain a String on them.

Excuses Are My Armour
When you ignore some blatant problem with your Lover or how they treat you, mark experience.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, it awakens something sinister within. The next time you take your eyes off them, they become their Darkest Self.

Darkest Self
Nobody understands you. Nobody even tries. You do so much for the people you love, and they walk all over you. Enough is enough! Betray them. Show them what its like to be uncared for. Reveal their monstrosity and yours. Only seeing the pain that you’re causing your Lover will let you escape your Darkest Self.

Backstory
Declare your backstory last.

Choose one person to be your Lover. Give them three Strings on you. Take one String on them.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Serina Kiliç, the Vampire
Hot 1 | Cold 2 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 0 | Location: Homeroom | Conditions:

The autumn leaves play across the yard outside as I gaze out through the windows into the cold, cloudy afternoon. My favorite kind of weather, no chance that pesky sun comes out at all. I tilt my head and pull my hair around, exposing my neck, then run an absentminded finger across it and down my jawline. It stops on my chin, which I tap a few times as I think about what the party tonight has in store.

My time here thus far has been... predictable. Each high school has its template - the popular kids, the losers, and those in between. There's certainly no shortage of drama at this school, Mr. Greene's alcohol abuse as a prime example. Of course, a few things have been surprising. The stupid accident last week, and Lola's timely rescue. I shake my head at the thought of what could have happened... had she not been there. She's been hanging around noticeably more ever since. A crush, perhaps? Wouldn't be the first time. Wouldn't even be the hundredth.

Still, she's not the one I'm looking at right now. No, that honor goes to Sam, who has cast his caution to the wind by actually stepping up from his desk and talking to me directly. If you could call it talking. He stumbles again, about to recover when Lola comes crashing into view. I raise my eyebrows in surprise and watch as the horror show continues. Lola is acting genuinely giddy as she blushes through her own questions for me. She bites her lower lip and I can't help but feel something stir deep within me. Nothing good, mind you. Here stand two mortals, desperate for my attention, and I haven't even said a word yet. I let my response rattle around in my brain for a few seconds before responding.

"Oh honey," I say through pouty lips, "Of course I can help you with your costume. I have a few things back at home that you would look absolutely ravishing in."

quote:

Promising to help with her costume.

"Now, there is something you can do for me in return. Can you believe that Sam here, cute as he is, doesn't have a date for the party tonight?" I throw the poor boy a wink. "I was thinking that the two of you would actually make a great pair! What do you think? Should we give him a... chance?" I let the question linger, emphasizing it in all the right places.

quote:

turn on Lola
# 8
Details:[2d6+1 # (1 6)]

quote:

Name: Serina Kiliç
Skin: Vampire
Look: Smoldering, thirsty eyes
Origin: Many ages old

Stats
Hot 1
Cold 2
Volatile -1
Dark -1

Moves

The Feeding
You feed on hot blood, direct from the source. If this is the first time they’ve ever been fed upon, you both mark experience. When you feed, choose two:
* you heal 1 Harm,
* you take 1 Forward,
* they definitely don’t die.

Hypnotic
You can hypnotize people who have no Strings on you. Roll with Hot. On a 10 up, they do exactly what you wish and have no idea that anything is wrong. On a 7-9, the hypnosis works, but choose one:
* they realize exactly what you’ve done to them,
* they gently caress up your commands,
* their sanity is unhinged.

Sex Move
When you deny someone sexually, gain a String on them. When you have sex with someone, lose all Strings on them.

Darkest Self
Everyone is your pawn, your plaything. You hurt them and make them vulnerable, for sport -- like a cat does with a mouse. Maybe you’ll even drain them dry, though you’ll certainly take your time first. You escape your Darkest Self when you’re put in your rightful place, by someone more powerful than you.

Backstory
You’re beautiful. Gain a String on everyone.

Someone once saved your unlife. They gain 2 Strings on you.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 21, 2021

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Luke Aston, the Neighbor
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 0 | Conditions: None

I'm trying to think of what to go as - if I could put together something on time, or maybe just grab an outfit from a shop nearby. And then David showed up and I just cannot imaagine willingly setting up another meet up at a place I'm suppored to have fun with.

"Oh, uh, I don't think so man. You see, me and..." I look over. "Shenkar were thinking of doing something together. You know, try and win one of those prizes or something. Sorry." I turn around and lean into Shenkar's ear, whispering my next words.

"Can you help me out here? Go along with what I'm saying?" It reminds me of when we were last this close to each other...and maybe it'll remind him too.

quote:

Turn on Shankar
# 7
Details:[2d6+2 # (1 4)]

quote:

Name: Luke Aston

Look: Easy-going, hopeful eyes

Origin: Boy next door

Stats

Hot 2 , Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1

Moves:

Lucky I Guess

When you remain oblivious to troubling or supernatural occurrences, take 1 Forward.

Precarious

Offer someone a String on you in exchange for a favour, gift, or second chance. (Or third, etc)

Nap Fan

As soon as you fall asleep somewhere, choose two for the MC to detail when you wake:
  • something was left for you,
  • someone’s there,
  • someone’s been trying to contact you,
  • something’s been broken,
  • you had a nice dream.

Sex Move:

When you have sex with someone, tell them something you don’t want them to know.

Darkest Self:

You feel... you feel like a monster. What kind of monster do you feel like? A werewolf, a vampire, a ghost, a queen... it can be anything you can think of. Tell the MC, and they’ll hand you that Skin or the closest thing to it. It can be different each time. Read their Darkest Self: you are drowning in metaphor. Choking on it. Your body isn’t supernatural, but you’re gonna take it right to the line. You become that Darkest Self.

Your Backstory:

You live next to someone; your bedroom windows face each other. You leave your blinds up. Each gain 2 Strings on one another.

You made out with someone a while ago. Gain a String on them and give them 2 Strings on you.

Advances

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 24, 2021

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Shankar "Shan" Estrada, the Infernal

Well, it's finally happening.
Prometheus is doing their Halloween thing, and since apparently everyone turned into ten-years old when I wasn't looking, everyone is losing their minds about it. Including the Baron, whose hints about getting in touch with them have grown less subtle recently. So, it's time to pretend I am making an effort to reach out to these assholes, and I guess I'll do that by slapping together a together, eating their food, drinking their alcohol, and possibly clogging up a toilet or two. Inevitably, I'll end up with some business cards in my pockets, and I'll hand them off to the Baron and he can decide where to go from there. I wash my hands of the whole affair.

I'm just about to stand up and saunter over to the cute goth chick who's sketching something ("is that me? why Eve, this looks great, you're such a great artist...") when out of nowhere comes Luke, getting way into my personal space, asking me to cover his rear end now that he's dealing with David.

Jesus, buddy. How bad do you possibly have it? Is my tongue game that good?

But okay, sure, I'll play ball. Dave's a prick anyway and I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy.

"Yeah, for sure, man! We're still in the brainstorming phase right now, we have plenty of ideas but not all of them are practical. It's easy to come up with cool, impressive costume ideas, not as easy to come up with one that's both impressive AND within our budget, you know?" I make my best 'what can you do' expression, while rubbing my thumb against index and middle finger, in the universal gesture to indicate money.

You can recognize a true bullshitter 'cause he's never caught completely off guard.

quote:

Name: Shankar "Shan" Estrada, the Infernal
Look: Venomous, empty eyes
Origin: Lackey

Stats

Hot: 1
Cold: -1
Volatile: -1
Dark: 2

Harm: 0/4

Experience: 0/5

Moves:

Soul Debt

You owe a debt to a Dark Power. Name it, and choose two Bargains it has made with you. The Dark Power can gain Strings. If ever it has 5 Strings on you, trigger your Darkest Self.

Dark Recruiter
When you bring an innocent soul to the Dark Power, mark experience.

Bargains:

The Power Flows Through You
You can give the Dark Power a String in order to add 2 to your next roll.

Elsewise Power

You can give the Dark Power a String to use a move you don’t have, just this once. This move can come from any Skin.

Backstory

You owe debts. Give away 3 Strings, divided any way you like between the Dark Power and the other characters.

Someone thinks they can save you. Gain a String on them.

Darkest Self
You find yourself shivering, needy, and alone. The Dark Power will make some daunting, open-ended demands. Every demand fulfilled brings you closer to feeling whole again, and removes one of the Dark Power’s Strings on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the Dark Power is out of Strings, or you make a bargain with an even more dangerous entity.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Lola Reyes the Mortal
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1 |
Harm 0 | Exp 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Homeroom

I could feel the redness on my face spreading even further as I look back and forth between Serina and Sam. My plan was to stop Sam from asking out Serina to the party so I can ask her out instead, and now Serina's asking me to ask Sam out and granted he is kind of cute but that really wasn't what I had in mind and oh god what do I do?!

"I...uh..."

Okay okay, I'm just going with him to the party. It doesn't mean anything. God knows he needs the confidence boost (and maybe I do too). Besides, I'm seeing Serina later about my costume so I can totally change her mind about this or I can think of another way around it...

"S-sure! Let's give Sam here a chance!"

quote:

Promising to be Sam's date for the party.

I give Sam a playful nudge with my elbow. Admittedly, committing to the idea takes some of the anxiety off. I flash a semi-forced smile at him and give him a wink. He is cute...I'm sure he feels the same way about me, right?

quote:

turn on Sam
# 5
Details:[2d6+2 # (2 1)]

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Luke Aston, the Neighbor

I turn to Dave and shrug. "Sorry man." I turn my eyes back to Shankar. "Thanks," I say quietly. "Needed some help there...you have any ideas though? A fun cou-er, a themed costume among friends could be good. You need any help for an idea or setting it up, let me know all right? And let me know if you need a favor in the future."

I have this weird urge to kiss him on the forehead, which thankfully I do not induldge at all. I settle for a grin, and wait to see how David and Shankar take this.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Luke: "Oh okay" David says sounding a little deflated. "Maybe some other time." Phew, that's one bullet dodged. And now you've got an excuse to talk some more to Shankar. Do you have any good ideas for a costume for a couple.. of good friends?

Shankar: Hmm he owes you one does he? Are you going to take advantage of it or turn your attention back to Eve who seems to have hastily placed her sketch pad in her bag and is dividing her time between watching the three of you with interest and scowling at Ashley What do you do?

Lola: "Oh err, no offence but your not my type, sorry." he says almost apologetically. Sam takes a string on you Not his type? After you were willing to offer yourself like that. Well it's his loss then I suppose. Are you more angry at him or more worried about disappointing Serina? What do you do?

Serina: Well well well that's one way to deal with your problems. Although Sam appears inclined to refuse your generous offer. Really some people are just ungrateful right? Still does Lola's willingness to take on board your perfectly reasonable suggestion earn her any brownie points? Or is the fact that she couldn't manage anything even with your help a disappointment?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Hot: 1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5

Well, that's done.
So is my plan to just pick out a cheap skeleton costume to make an easy dig at the Baron's expenses, but hey, so it goes.

I catch from the corner of my eye that Eve is looking on with interest. Oh, you like a bit of drama, eh? Well, let's see if we can whip something up for you. Maybe with some audience participation, while we're at it.

I turn towards Luke and give him my best friendly smile; I throw in a wink for good measure. "No worries, buddy, I'm sure we can think of something. Speaking of... Eve, got a minute?" I make my way towards her, gesturing for Luke to follow me. It occurs to me that what I just did could be misconstrued as me leading him on. Hm. Let's hope he doesn't read too much into that.
"You're a bit of an artist, aren't you? Think you could help us design a couple of good themed costumes that we can whip out for the party?"

quote:

Turn on Luke
# 9
Details:[2d6+1 (3 5)]

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 26, 2021

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Lola Reyes the Mortal
Harm 0 | Exp 1 | Conditions: None | Location: Homeroom

quote:

+1 Exp for failing previous roll

Ow.

Well...I mean...I only showed any interest because Serina asked me too. I was just doing it for her. So really it's his loss if he doesn't want to go on a date with me and blow his chance to go out with Serina.

Whatever. I tried. gently caress him.

I felt a sudden coldness build up inside of me, barely aware that I was clenching my fists. "Oh wow. Okay, that's cool. Y'know I only said that because of Serina right? I guess you'll just have to go to the party on your own, Sam." At that I lean over and put my hands on Serina's desk, further nudging Sam to the side and basically cutting him off.

My initial shyness with Serina seemed to have dissipated entirely with my anger towards Sam. "ANYWAY...maybe when we go pick out a costume for me we can try to match with one another. Y'know...as a couple? Going to the party together?"

quote:

shut down Sam
# 9
Details:[2d6-1 # (6 4)]

+1 forward trying to earn Serina's fancy turns that to a 10

Sam loses a string on me

quote:

gently caress you Sam.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I watch in silence as the scene plays out. Sam showing up with a pair of balls at really just the absolute wrong moment. Dude probably practices making out with his pillow at night and turns down a living breathing girl right in front of him. But I guess somebody has to keep the pillow girlfriend industry in business.

Eyes intently on Lola as she shakes off the refusal. Good for her for standing up for herself. And... bye Sam.

Lola is now directly in front of me, smiling as best she can and focusing on tonight, eyes sparkling as she talks about us... being a couple. There's that word again. A chain, a lock. Oh Lola, you did save my life. But there are limits. I demur for now, "We'll see, dear. We'll see..."

I take the moment to scan the room for anything else interesting going on. Cassie brooding in the corner. Luke and Shan bro-ing out. Jake reading a book called... "100 Ways to Kill a Vampire." I still remember the first week I started here, he tried talking me about how he's sure there's a vampire living out in the woods. If only he knew...

I lift my head, "Hey, Jake, come here and answer a question I have. What do vampires like to do for Halloween? You don't suppose there might be some at the party, do you?" I beckon him to come closer enticingly.

quote:

turn on Jake
# 10
Details:[2d6+1 # (3 6)]

String get!

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Lola Reyes the Mortal

We'll see...

Sounds a little noncommittal. Not quite a no. Not quite a yes, either. And no sooner did Serina say that she started looking around the room, her attention diverted elsewhere.

I mean I'm not an idiot. I get the hint and stand back up and head back to my desk. "Yeah...um...I guess I'll see you after class."

My butt barely slid into the chair when she calls out to Jake and started asking questions about vampires. Like...really?! Why? Why stop paying attention to me and give it to that giant dork? Did I do something wrong?

Some old familiar feelings start to rise from the pit of my stomach. My eyes start to itch and get watery. I feel myself needing to shut down again. I fish out my earbuds from my phone and put them in.

I close my eyes and blindly hit play on some random song on my phone, losing myself into the music and isolating myself from the world if only for a short while.

I think about the car wreck, where Serina was helpless and desperate. I think about Serina now, in class, pairing me up with Sam Whatever like it was a game. She was no longer vulnerable like before. God, I saved her life...that should make me more important to her, right?

Gaze Into the Abyss posted:

I don't think Serina is taking me seriously...what will it take for her to focus on me and me only?

quote:

Gaze into the abyss
# 10
Details:[2d6-1 # (6 5)]

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Luke Aston, the Neighbor

I feel myself get a bit flustered when Shankar winks, thinking back to that moment at the party.

Giving Shankar a String

I follow him and wait to see what Eve says.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Serina: "Vampires?" Jake says with a blush as he realises a pretty girl is paying attention to him. "Umm in most of the books vampires don't go in for Halloween it's more of a witch thing or Satanist thing. Still I suppose they enjoy a good party as much as anyone and this town has enough population to support a decent predator to prey ratio that there could be I dunno a couple of vampires in town. And a party would be a great place for them to feed. One more or less passed out person would just be put down to excessive alcohol consumption." Hmm feeding, when did you feed last? He goes on "Umm why are you asking if you don't mind me saying, You're not thinking of going to the party as a vampire are you? Come to think of it Ibet you could rock an awesome costume of this vampire queen I read a novel about supposedly she'd ruled a kingdom of blood in a tiny part of eastern Europe where everyone worshipped and feared her in medieval times." Wait what that story sounds awfully familiar... What do you do?

Shankar: Eve frowns looking at the two of you thoughtfully and after a moments pause says. "I could but you'll have to owe me a favour." Eve will help if you give her a string.. She pulls out her sketchpad and begins sketching some ideas. "Of course if you don't want to I think the stores have a few costumes left. I saw a nice horse outfit in one the other day. Although you'll have to fight over who gets to be the head and who gets to be the rear end." she adds with a grin. What do you do?

Luke: Shankar seems to be taking charge all of a sudden. Does it bother you that you didn''t get a say in him turning to Eve for your costume ideas? He seems to be taking you for granted already, just because you asked for help once. Are you ok with that or do you want to show your own independence?

Lola: Sam looks a little hurt at blowing his shot as he slumps away but gently caress him right? He started that poo poo. Of course that just leaves you with the problem of Serina. As the music washes over you it occurs to you that you've seen enough of Serina to realise one thing. Serina cannot be bullied into doing what you want, She might be persuaded to find you interesting but if you come on too strong it'll make you look pushy. No, the secret is that Serina likes to be in control so make her think her control is being threatened. That someone else is stealing one of her toys then she'll cling to it. Cling to you even more. As the last notes fade away you open your eyes. What do you do with this newfound knowledge?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Lola Reyes the Mortal

Cause I'm not going anywhere...

As the last words from the song play out I open my eyes and look over to see a bashful Jake bumbling his way through a conversation with Serina, who appears to be listening with interest.

Feigned interest, I'm sure. Likely before she starts manipulating Jake into seeing someone else. It's how she keeps people at a distance and from getting too close, y'know? Anyone who shows any interest in her she tricks them into pairing off with someone else, like she tried to do with me and Sam. Like we're toys she acts like doesn't want but really wants instead.

It's all because of the car accident, I think. She has PTSD or whatever and she's antisocial because of it and this is how she deals with it.

So how do I get her invested in me? Approaching her directly saw some moderate success, but then she immediately tried to hook me up with Sam (gently caress him still, btw).

Maybe I just need to relate to her more...maybe I just need to do the same thing she's doing so she knows I'm not some toy for her to play with...

I take the earbuds out, and then pull out my phone from my pocket and start swiping randomly through it, pretending it's what I'm concentrating on. But I'm really keeping my ears out for what Jake and Serina are talking about...

quote:

Excuses Are My Armour

Ignoring Serina is manipulating me for the sake of manipulating me, marking +1 Exp.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Gulp. Well, that hits a little close to home. I guess I hadn't realized how much of a chatterbox Jake can be. Or how well read he is.

Still, he does bring up some good points about feeding. It has been a while. I tilt my head as he finishes. "A vampire queen that ruled with fear? Sounds a bit like my mother, to be honest," I titter then cough. I've got to change the subject. "Anyways, I was just making small talk about your book. But I do appreciate your words about the costume party. Will you be attending? And... let me guess... Frankenstein?"

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I place both hands on my chest, as if her words wounded my heart deeply, and put on an expression of mock offense. "Eve! Words hurt, you know! Are you calling me and/or my dear friend Luke here an horse's rear end?"

Then I punch her playfully on the shoulder. There, played it off nice and easy, to show her I'm not mad about the implication and lower he guard a bit. Now, we go in for the kill and see if we can't butter her up a bit. Just so whatever it is that she calls in the favor, it's nothing too serious.
I lean over her, pretending to be very interested in her sketchbook and get in her personal bubble juuust enough to make her aware of my closeness.

"C'mon, you know I'm good for it. Show me what you got."
Yeah, that's the stuff, just like that. Smooth as, uh. A poirpose, I guess? Are porpoises smooth? You know what, we'll workshop that one later.

quote:

Turning on Eve:
# 12
Details:[2d6+1 (6 5)]

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Lola: Okaaay. So you're not a toy and you're not going to hook up with Sam. That's great. Hmm interesting. They're talking about Vampires for some reason. Or at least Jake is lecturing about vampires and costumes and things and Serina is nodding along in the right places. What do you know about that? and do you think you can impress Serina with you knowledge? Or at least fake it well enough to get by? Or do you have some other strategy in mind?

Serina: Jake frowns "Frankenstein? Hell no Frankenstein was a dick, he re-animated a corpse then freaked out, and got everyone he cared about killed. The monster was cool though, I'm going and I've got this cool costume I made, I'm going as a Werewolf. Wanna see the costume I made. I've got some pictures on my phone." He says as he fiddles with his phone before brining up quite a well made mask. Hmm looks like you could have some competition for the costume contest. Are you going to take him down a notch?

Shankar She blushes as you get in close. "Well it's only a rough mockup so far," she squeaks as she riffles back a few pages "Why don't the two of you go as Frankenstein and the mad science guy who made him. It's a great costume for a team. Since no offence I don't think you could pull off the creepy twin look. She shows you some sketches for a few of the parts, and it looks really really good. But which part would you prefer to play the monster or the mad scientist?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I nod as I see the costume idea take form on paper. Man, this is looking kinda sweet, actually. Getting roped into this might end up not being that bad after all.

I signal to Luke to come check them out, and point them out to him. Meanwhile I whisper, low enough that only he can hear. "Catch that? Jake's planning on going as Frankenstein too... or rather as Frankenstein's monster." I roll my eyes theatrically at the pedantry. But I don't push it further than that. Let's see what he thinks we should do about it. I don't want to be the one who suggests doing something untoward.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Nov 27, 2021

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Lola Reyes the Mortal

I listen to the conversation drift from vampires to werewolves, and watch Jake fish out a surprisingly lifelike (and admittedly a little scary) snarling wolf head mask. The pieces fall into place: they are talking about costumes for the party, and Serina is undoubtedly going to try to hook Jake up with someone.

But not if I get to him first.

"Oh wow that's a badass mask, Jake!" I call out, loudly shuffling my desk an inch or two closer in their direction to show my interest. I give him the best feigned sincere excitement look on my face that I can. "Can I see? I bet you worked really hard on it."

quote:

turn on Jake
# 7
Details:[2d6+2 # (1 4)]

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I watch in distanced interest as Jake lectures me on his costume choice, followed by revealing an actually decent costume. For a second I consider trashing it, trashing him, trashing everything Jake.

But then Lola comes in with a wide smile, flirting as she does. Interesting... A play to make me jealous? A move for control? I like this Lola. This could be a golden opportunity. So I do what I always do. It's time to raise the stakes...

I tilt my head and purr, "It does look quite professional. Do you need any final touches? My wardrobe and makeup collection rivals any you'll find in town. Lola and I are getting ready for the party together at my house after class. Perhaps you'd like to join?"

quote:

Spending my String on Jake to tempt him to come over after class along with Lola

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Lola: "Umm yeah, I mean I got the design of the internet but I umm, put it together myself it's not as easy as it looks" he adds as he pulls out the mask to show you as he blushes under your rather frank interest. gain a string on Jake Of course Serina catches onto what you're doing immediately and seems to approve?? Does that make you want to change your plans or are you willing to go along with it? Of course as soon as Serina starts talking Jake turns his attention away from you what do you do?

Serina: "Well my costume is nearly done.." Jake adds doubtfully. Then glances at you and takes in what you said and looks at you and Lola together and you can practically see the gears turning about what he thinks is going on. Boys like this are so predictable right? "Oh, I mean yeah and uhh maybe I could help you with your costume. Like putting it on and stuff." he glances aside at Lola "Well both your costumes I guess." Hmm Fish hooked what's the next step in your master plan?

David So it's your turn to call the shots now. What do you think would be the better costume for you? Or do you think this whole idea is stupid and have an idea you can try and sell Shankar on? What do you do?

Shankar Yeah you could pretty easily show Jake up. I bet any costume you wear would put him to shame. Although right now he seems to be more interested in the two girls than whatever his costume is. Are they flirting with him? Guess there's no accounting for taste? Still maybe while he's distracted you could cut his costume down a notch if you were so inclined. What do you do?

finishing up this scene soonish so if there's anything you want to finish up soon please begin winding down.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Lola Reyes the Mortal

"Oh absolutely! A second set of hands always helps. Especially since I expect...'elaborate' choices for costumes from Serina." I flash Serina a teasing smile before turning back to Jake. "I'll drive you over to her place after class."

Have to admit, the prospect of being alone in the car with Jake is far far FAR from appealing to me. But if I can get him wrapped around my finger before she does...

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Luke Aston, the Neighbor

I'm reach out and point towards the mad scientist. "I think this would be fun to go as the creator this year." Also, I don't want to be seen a monster, especially with all sorts of things happening out in the world. Plus my parents might think it's neat for me to pretend to something with a future career rather then just some horror movie villain.

But I look at Shankar to see what he saws, and realize he doesn't want to share. "Okay look...can we get something good? Something that'll make them scramble for something else. A pain maybe, but I like this as our costume honestly.

Using Precarious: I will offer Shankar one string for a favor and maybe another String to Eve if she considers this a gift

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I smile contentedly. This should be loads of fun, playing the two of them off each other until both are mine. "I'll see you later, then," I say with a wink, then return to my desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Oh, don't get me wrong, the temptation to dunk on Jake is there and is strong. Buuut... nah. I don't think Luke would appreciate it, and I guess I started caring about his opinion somewhere along the line. Also, I made plenty of headway with Eve myself, if you haven't noticed.

I give Luke a playful punch on the shoulder. "Ah, alright! You twisted my arm, but sure, you can be the cackling genius while I play the shambling abomination. Don't say I never did anything for you!" I wink and pull out my tongue, acting all joke-y, but I think I did make it clear that, yes, I am doing you a favor here.

Good. It's important that we keep it in mind.
He keeps it in mind. I know already, of course.

"And don't worry, I'm not goingt to half-rear end it. I have some ideas for the materials already."
I don't, but he doesn't need to know that.

Well, no getting out of it after I made such a big deal of it, guess I'm looking for a good costume after school. I've made my play, time to see how the game continues.