Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
A while back I posted about QAnon Anonymous Podcast episode going over how batshit crazy Jim Caviezel is. While he apparently has gone even crazier now

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1452462581088673805?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Digital Jedi posted:

A while back I posted about QAnon Anonymous Podcast episode going over how batshit crazy Jim Caviezel is. While he apparently has gone even crazier now

He's turning into his character from Deja Vu, but he thinks he's turning into his character from The Passion of the Christ

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

EricBauman posted:

He's turning into his character from Deja Vu, but he thinks he's turning into his character from The Passion of the Christ

:emptyquote:
Came here to post this...the Braveheart quote was, uhhhh, a thing.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

The most recent episode of the Fever Dreams podcast goes into Caviezel's QAnon conversion in a bit more detail and the most amazing part is that he was converted to QAnon by one of the guys who pretends to be JFK Jr. and the two may have been put in touch with each other by Roseanne.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Faye is miscast should of got Maggie Q

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I think the actor they picked looks solid in it. BUT. Yeah, Maggie Q would have been way better.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Digital Jedi posted:

John Reese would have shot Jim Caviezel in the kneecaps.

89407G966EHLO389EO
Apr 27, 2005

TOP DOG

Oasx posted:

That new trailer is a lot less annoying than the teaser, I might give it a watch.

I was going to watch it either way. This trailer is streets ahead, though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheWheelOfTime/status/1453390849354579969

Production values are high. Trollocs look good.

As an aside "the wheel weaves as the wheel wills" instead of "the wheel weaves as it wills" is a perfect microcosm of everything wrong with Jordan's prose style. I've been slowly workng my way through the series and good god he never uses one word when he can use ten. And it's usually the same ten. Burn me! Light! Women are confusing! Gender relations are The Lockhorns! The plotting and world building are alright, but the dialogue is frequently terrible. Hopefully they don't stick to close to the exact words set in the book in the show.

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 27, 2021

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/TheWheelOfTime/status/1453390849354579969

Production values are high. Trollocs look good.

As an aside "the wheel weaves as the wheel wills" instead of "the wheel weaves as it wills" is a perfect microcosm of everything wrong with Jordan's prose style. I've been slowly workng my way through the series and good god he never uses one word when he can use ten. And it's usually the same ten. Burn me! Light! Women are confusing! Gender relations are The Lockhorns! The plotting and world building are alright, but the dialogue is frequently terrible. Hopefully they don't stick to close to the exact words set in the book in the show.

Show looks legit great. And I’ll take his subpar prose for the best chosen one fantasy world ever built.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What makes it such a compelling world? I remember reading one of them as a kid, I vaguely remember some kids getting sucked into some weird virtual world nevermind, i looked it up and I think I'm thinking of some other popular when I was a kid fantasy series.

What's the elevator pitch for Wheel of Time b/c the trailer alone is like any streaming fantasy show I've tried to watch and then forgot entirely once looking away.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Farmboy is the reincarnation of the Great Hero who can defeat the dark lord. Dark lord's servants are like, nah. Only women can do magic, men are driven mad by it. Also the Fremen from Dune are a major faction.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
driven mad like they are all screaming and freaking out and saying weirdo poo poo mad or they are online typing furiously at women mad?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Khanstant posted:

driven mad like they are all screaming and freaking out and saying weirdo poo poo mad or they are online typing furiously at women mad?

The former. Male channelers inevitably go mad because the Devil fondled their side of the source a bit too heavily last time it got out.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Crazy. Magic is divided into male and female halves and way in the past when the Great Hero and his boys locked up the Dark Lord Slucifer, he put his taint on the male side so now any male who can "channel" that is to say, use magic, is eventually driven insane by it. This includes our farmboy, so a lot of the tension is if he can accomplish his Great Purpose before he goes nuts and kills everyone.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Khanstant posted:

Freaking out will burn down cities towns murder everyone mad.

It’s the best version of a chosen one story because it shows how it needs a whole village to get one person in place to do poo poo, but it actually requires everyone involved to do their best to make anything happen.

And the chosen one, unlike a lot of fantasy now is a girl who’s already basic perfect against the world, is a piece of poo poo a lot, and has to earn it. They all do.

And the villains are great and complex, and the world is far more complex than lord of the rings without so many loving songs.

But yes, the prose aren’t the best and because he has woman smooth skirts and tug a few braids a dozen times in 4 million words, they get easily slammed and it’s dumb as hell.

(They could have edited some of books 8 through 10 though).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lotta smiling that doesn't reach the eyes as well.

The braid tugging and skirt smoothing is what's singled out, but Jordan uses the same phrasing for things A LOT and in a book series that's ten million words or whatever long, it can get grating. Also I really hate the gender dynamics, because they come from 1970s sitcoms. I get the battle of the sexes stuff is heightened in a world where magic men are evil and magic women are the UN but the constant "UGH MEN" and "WOMEN ARE CRAZY" stuff loses its shine quickly.

zoux fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 27, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I just finished book 3 last night and am trying hard to convince myself to continue but maybe I'll just watch the show at this point.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I anticipated that contingency and therefore bought the complete collection in a single (e-) volume, forcing myself to read it. I did read up to like book 7 or 8 in HS but I caught up to him but I knew kinda what I was getting into.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't really care about Star Trek, but with the new one starting this week does that make it the most active shows it's ever had running? Discovery, Picard, Lower Decks, Prodigy.

This makes me double down on my opinion of telling people who were crying we were getting "oh so much, too much Star Wars" to shut up.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't really care about Star Trek, but with the new one starting this week does that make it the most active shows it's ever had running? Discovery, Picard, Lower Decks, Prodigy.

This makes me double down on my opinion of telling people who were crying we were getting "oh so much, too much Star Wars" to shut up.

Yes, but at least the audiences are very different for each show. Disco and Picard probably are the same target audience, but Prodigy is geared towards kids and Lower Decks is more towards people who like adult animation. Star Wars also had a lot of diversity in the target audience for their shows, but of course some people are going to consume all of it no matter what.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think prior to this current wave of Trek, the only time there have been any overlaps were the last season of TNG and the first season of DS9, and then a big chunk of DS9 and Voyager.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

EL BROMANCE posted:

If only I liked any of the modern Star Trek stuff…

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Has anyone watched You Me Her? Is it worth getting in to? I came across a trailer for it, don't want to dig too deep for fear of spoilers.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not really. They rehash the same poo poo over and over again and I dropped it in season 2. Shame cos I liked the cast.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wheel of time sounds like something that could adapt well with modern hands. Sticking too close to the source material isn't something you generally have to worry about even when you want them to so that's a probable plus for the show persion.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Rewatching The Americans and man some of these early episodes are heartbreaking knowing what’s coming like Stan telling Nina he’ll make sure no harm is done to her.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Can't wait for that new Warner Media Platform fighter where I can finally find out who would win in a fight, Steven Universe or Rick Sanchez.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

8 episodes so far of ACS: Impeachment but not one glimpse of Socks yet, this is bs

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

muscles like this! posted:

Can't wait for that new Warner Media Platform fighter where I can finally find out who would win in a fight, Steven Universe or Rick Sanchez.

I want to see Paulie Walnuts make an appearance.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Some amazing shots on Chucky this week. loving good show.

Glad it's doing really well in the ratings as well. Channel Zero team strikes again.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

nate fisher posted:

I want to see Paulie Walnuts make an appearance.

I want the inevitable tag-team sequel where Amethyst and Paulie Walnuts get to fuse mid-battle.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Timothee Chalamet has a Youtube channel from 11 years ago where he mods Xbox controllers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsWktrEcKh0

Celebrities are just like us!

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
I came to the realization that the saturday morning cartoons like Beetlejuice and Bobby's World consisted almost entirely of dad jokes, particularly the dad joke method of taking idioms completely literally.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

Some amazing shots on Chucky this week. loving good show.

Glad it's doing really well in the ratings as well. Channel Zero team strikes again.

is there anywhere I can easily stream it yet? like is it up next day on Hulu?

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
The only dude I know liked Wheel of Time became a cop. It was and has always been trash and it appeals to trash.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

LionArcher posted:

is there anywhere I can easily stream it yet? like is it up next day on Hulu?

First two eps are on YouTube for free, that might be your only option.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 28, 2021

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
just finished S1 of You and liked it enough to keep going. I didn't like Beck so much but from the few minutes of S2 I've watched I already like Love.

also wasted a couple of hours fast forwarding through the 3 episodes of Invasion to look for anything interesting and didn't find much

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

Tommy's 100% right in that most people firing these guns are stunties or specialty bg (I worked on a few jobs where the fire team supervisor and all his people are all ex cop/military, which is great), but you definitely have to worry about random dayplayer #7 who has been riding a desk for the whole season but now has to wield an automatic weapon. Props/armor often have way too many people to wrangle for how potentially deadly blank guns are. For how miserable Punisher was to shoot, the stunts/ADs were very good about firearm and general stunt safety.

Why was Punisher miserable to shoot?

Once chatted with a location scout or whatever for the Marvel netfliz shows and she talked about how hard it was to find new places to shoot in NYC and how constant the need was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It’s definitely had to spin it’s wheels a lot more to keep Uhtred around (dude would have reformed the Roman Empire from Britain, if he’d gone unchecked in the show), but its adherence to ~realism~ has always been a bigger draw then Vikings’ flirtations with fantasy...

Yeah I jumped from the show during the 3rd season. Got tired of the same recycling of plots just to generate the same drama. Does the King like Uthred? What will happen