Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Do the english not have sealed hot water tanks in their homes? How the gently caress are they storing their hot water in such a way that they need a separate faucet for it in case a rat falls into it? How does the water even stay hot if it's stored in an open air containment that allows rats to fall into it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
What the gently caress are you talking about? This is the stupidest post in a long line of your very stupid posts.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
The Brit’s don’t have hot water they only have hot tea get your facts straight omg

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's all based on the old kings decree that taxes citizens by the number of faucets they might have in their domicile

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

The Brit’s don’t have hot water they only have hot tea get your facts straight omg

Are they storing their hot water in giant tea kettles? Because that would explain why rats falling into it is a problem.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
C'mon, man, be nice. They measure things in rocks.
Things are not going well in England.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
This is a thing we still worry about even though technology fixed this problem years ago. More to the point, Americans don’t even have kettles and make tea from the hot water tap and then have the temerity to complain tea tastes bad lol.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
The hot water tank is open because it's heated by the diseased pigeons falling into it.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Torquemada posted:

This is a thing we still worry about even though technology fixed this problem years ago. More to the point, Americans don’t even have kettles and make tea from the hot water tap and then have the temerity to complain tea tastes bad lol.

What do they expect when they make anything with american tap water?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
The water gets rats in it and then is heated by fermentation.

Its very simple.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Yaldabaoth posted:

Are they storing their hot water in giant tea kettles? Because that would explain why rats falling into it is a problem.

Just what in the hell do you think TEA is?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Private homes aren't allowed to have hot water heaters because of a 1317 decree that the hot water plumbing in the old Roman era baths was the exclusive domain and privilege of the crown. Nowadays England is much more egalitarian and everybody is allowed access to hot water but in deference to this historical custom the entire nation's hot water supply is piped in from industrial boilers underneath Buckingham Palace.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Yaldabaoth posted:

They are storing all the water in your brain.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

the holy poopacy posted:

Private homes aren't allowed to have hot water heaters because of a 1317 decree that the hot water plumbing in the old Roman era baths was the exclusive domain and privilege of the crown. Nowadays England is much more egalitarian and everybody is allowed access to hot water but in deference to this historical custom the entire nation's hot water supply is piped in from industrial boilers underneath Buckingham Palace.

Oh, so leaving the lids off the boilers so rats and pigeons can get into them is just the monarchy saying FU to the citizens for forcing them to share the hot water. Makes sense.

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfHgUu_8KgA

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Torquemada posted:

This is the most searing indictment of America I've seen yet.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I have 3 kettles in my house, what you on about?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chav nicked me kettle

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
england should of been nuked as soon as nukes were invented, it's the worst fuckin country that ever existed by any measure, including their dumb rear end faucets

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Supreme Allah posted:

england should of been nuked as soon as nukes were invented, it's the worst fuckin country that ever existed by any measure, including their dumb rear end faucets

Would have been too late to change things much by that point because England already spawned America by the time nukes were invented.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Yaldabaoth posted:

Would have been too late to change things much by that point because England already spawned America by the time nukes were invented.

nuke em now says I

they raped half the world for centuries of course their bastard spawn was going to be evil

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
americans cant even drink water from the tap lol

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm american and own two electric kettles (one at home, one at work) that i use to make tea and coffee. i ask that you write a letter to your queen to correct this misconception about us.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

in england, fanny means pussy

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

that is so so loving stupid, abolish the uk

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

We store it in the balls, or as we say, the billy boffos

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

numberoneposter posted:

Chav nicked me kettle

that's different innit

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Why the hell would you have a big open tank of hot water in your attic? It's like they're living in the middle ages, like their teeth.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

they got hot water but the nomenclature is dodgy bevvy virgin tea

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Walrus posted:

that is so so loving stupid, abolish the uk

Ok, I thought it would be a boring real world explanation that at least made some sense but no, it's far stupider than the fake answers people gave me.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

in england, fanny means pussy

You know what they call a fannypussy in France?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Weka posted:

This is the most searing indictment of America I've seen yet.

I'm American and I have no loving idea what he's talking about. We make tea just like everyone else does.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

The Bloop posted:

You know what they call a fannypussy in France?

i'm on pins and needles waiting for you to tell me

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm American and I have no loving idea what he's talking about. We make tea just like everyone else does.
microwaved with the bag already in the cup of water

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Das Boo posted:

I have 3 kettles in my house, what you on about?

yeah but are any of them proper 3000 watt ones?

if you're in the 120 volt colonies I think not, mate.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Why would I need an electric kettle when I have an ordinary kettle and a stove?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

frumpykvetchbot posted:

i run my 10 kW diesel generator to use my electric kettle and it's ready in 20 seconds

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Come for the hot rat water, stay for the outlets you need to turn off when nothing is plugged in or else your house burns down in an electrical fire.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

zedprime posted:

Come for the hot rat water, stay for the outlets you need to turn off when nothing is plugged in or else your house burns down in an electrical fire.

England is a very old country that's set in their ways, which means they still do things the dangerous and stupid way long after everyone else came up with better ways to do things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Dip your sippy cup directly into the Thames.