Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

on one hand it was demonstrated that Niko Style can deflect bullets, like 20 years ago

on the other hand, those bullets weren't shot by Muteba, so who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Muteba did now, what Jack did to Pickles in Baki but with less onscreen humiliation and no weird kiss biting going on.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that we know of

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I don't know what's worse, Gaolang waiting until the last second to spew exposition about Rolon , or that Kazzy didn't know about the apparently most well known south-east asian fighter out there.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Scallop Eyes posted:

I don't know what's worse, Gaolang waiting until the last second to spew exposition about Rolon , or that Kazzy didn't know about the apparently most well known south-east asian fighter out there.

You know, that's a good point, since they've made it Kazzy's thing to be The Guy Who Scouts Top Tier Fighters and keeps a rolodex of them. "This guy is a champion in one of the largest underground leagues in the world and has fought hundreds of matches and also went fist to fist with Gensai" should definitely put Rolon on his radar.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Kanos posted:

You know, that's a good point, since they've made it Kazzy's thing to be The Guy Who Scouts Top Tier Fighters and keeps a rolodex of them. "This guy is a champion in one of the largest underground leagues in the world and has fought hundreds of matches and also went fist to fist with Gensai" should definitely put Rolon on his radar.

It' because everyone referred to him as Lolong before and it did not click.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It's because Kazzy is actually really bad at his job and he got where he is through a combination of nepotism and blind luck.:ssh:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Lt. Lizard posted:

It's because Kazzy is actually really bad at his job and he got where he is through a combination of nepotism and blind luck.:ssh:

This isn't actually true at all, though. The gag was that he thought he was just a blindly lucky idiot while everyone else thought he was some kind of mastermind genius, but the running theme was always that he actually had extremely good insight and natural predictive ability thanks to his own hidden talents and the fist eye. At the beginning of Omega he's fairly confidently running an organization that is trusted enough to provide fighters to basically everyone who participates in Kengan.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The shift into the purgatory tournament basically killed all of Kazzy's development and competency to the point he might as well be a different character now. Kazzy was keen enough to notice Ryuki going in for the kill on Kokori and willing to get a DNA test to verify his own suspicions after meeting Masaki Hayami. Hell, just the fact that he stood his ground against Hayami at all showed how far he'd come since the guy is legitimately intimidating.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also when Kazzy meets Koga he immediately knows what martial arts Koga uses and has an insanely accurate read on Koga's level of strength.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I remain optimistic that Omega will become good again once this tournament is over

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

nrook posted:

I remain optimistic that Omega will become good again once this tournament is over

Omega is good now, ya'll might be concerned over a few things but you know what

Ohma vs Rolan in a clean match with none of this worm poo poo is how its looking and what we ALL wanted as this tourney started.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

There have been some really good fights in this tournament, but the out-of-fight stuff has been lacking. Also the Worm stuff feels like it's spending a lot of time drawing out explanations of things that are not actually that complicated.

Honestly, I think the whole like CEO-fighter pairing concept of the first series was a brilliant idea, and the sequel is weaker for largely dropping it.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Begemot posted:

Honestly, I think the whole like CEO-fighter pairing concept of the first series was a brilliant idea, and the sequel is weaker for largely dropping it.

good point tbh

It gave an easy window to express personalities of the characters and having hypemen on both sides makes for a big fight feel. Omega is like, here's this jackass in a mask, nobody cares about who he is.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
My main problem with Worm is that they are kinda...non-threatening? Like every time they revealed themselves or put some plan in motion they ended up getting utterly owned. Other Niko and the main Wu dude are threatening, but while they both cooperate with Worm in some respect, neither of them is actually a part of the Worm and it's heavily implied (and/or outright stated) that they are merely using Worm to further their own agendas. So, why should we care about those clowns?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
We haven't actually seen the Worm put it's foot forward though, I think. Mostly we've seen Xia Ji and his guys, who while quite dangerous are just the far east branch and have been left out to dry by upper management, and Niko's dudes. And Niko's dudes are kinda designed by him to test out organ melting super modes and other dangerous poo poo until they explode as part of a admittedly likely dumb martial arts development project of his.

Naidan is the exception as one of the Heads personal agents, and he was enormously strong and easily fulfilled his mission.

Which was uh...

Hmmm.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The most awkward plot beat in hindsight is when all all the Weapon Masters showed up in Kengan Ashura and got owned by the non-weapon users.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

The most awkward plot beat in hindsight is when all all the Weapon Masters showed up in Kengan Ashura and got owned by the non-weapon users.

Muteba uses weapons, most of the Kure clan also use a weapon on occasion. Hanafusa literally is weapons since he installed boneswords into himself.

What I am going to say is that Tojo probably did not get the cream of the weapon user crop.

quote:

We haven't actually seen the Worm put it's foot forward though, I think. Mostly we've seen Xia Ji and his guys, who while quite dangerous are just the far east branch and have been left out to dry by upper management, and Niko's dudes. And Niko's dudes are kinda designed by him to test out organ melting super modes and other dangerous poo poo until they explode as part of a admittedly likely dumb martial arts development project of his.

Naidan is the exception as one of the Heads personal agents, and he was enormously strong and easily fulfilled his mission.

Which was uh...

Hmmm.

I think this is a good point. The core of The Worm has only made one move this tournament and we don't know why they had Naidan suicide himself but Naidan seemed all for it.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Oct 19, 2021

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/o6m6ge/chapter-131/

It’s up. Seems to end on an odd page but okay.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rolon getting pissed off at Ohma's "pretentious master act" is pretty good.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

No Wave posted:

Even in a silly manga like this 422 lifetime matches is so preposterous, it makes no sense.

Its not THAT much of an exaggeration

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saenchai

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/Dz8Yro/chapter-132/

Cool bonk, but not much to talk about really.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol at Ohma doing the same training as Kuroki but even more over the top

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Ohma is a coward because he didn't ask his friend from the military to stand point blank distance away from him and fire at his own leisure. That's why he still couldn't beat the beard

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Plutonis posted:

lol at Ohma doing the same training as Kuroki but even more over the top

Nah, it's not quite the same thing. From the dialogue, they're shooting pistol rounds with less gun powder in them. Kuroki had his friend shoot an M1 Carbine at him, which didn't shoot full-power rifle rounds but would have a way way way higher velocity than whatever underpowered bullets Ohma is having shot at him.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

cut to Kazzy shouting “No Ohma! Don’t waste your flashback this early!”

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the twist is ohma wasnt training, this is just how they waste time

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I am liking how Ohma learned the "Kure Recreational fighting techniques" which are the same training forms as THE BEARD.

Also don't diss on Ohma, he just started doing it in the flashback, even Gensai had to work his way up to the point blank version. Ohma might be saving that for later

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
There was some cool choreography this chapter, but seeing Koga jumping with hapiness like Kazzy after Ohma got a hit made me a little sad. I miss the time whenhe and Ryuki( when's the last time we saw him?) were the protagonists.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Scallop Eyes posted:

There was some cool choreography this chapter, but seeing Koga jumping with hapiness like Kazzy after Ohma got a hit made me a little sad. I miss the time whenhe and Ryuki( when's the last time we saw him?) were the protagonists.

Agreed, Ohma coming back was a mistake.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Bringing Ohma back was a good way to show Koga's character growth (through his friendship with Ryuuki among other things) by getting past his desire for vengeance, which was really only a product of being the petty thug he used to be. Letting Ohma and the entire Ashura crew take over again was the mistake. I wonder if it was an editorial decision imposed due to declining interest.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
We didn't really need to bring Ohma back to know that Koga had gotten past his petty revenge plot and if anything, having to let go of something he'd never accomplish if the other party was just dead would equally have worked.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Bringing Ohma back was a good way to show Koga's character growth (through his friendship with Ryuuki among other things) by getting past his desire for vengeance, which was really only a product of being the petty thug he used to be. Letting Ohma and the entire Ashura crew take over again was the mistake. I wonder if it was an editorial decision imposed due to declining interest.

That's my pet theory. I feel like the flow of the story got a little strange once they brought back and set up a new tournament. Ohma coming back, The Worm, The Wu clan, Tokita Niko, this theme about cloning that's been running across multiple fights.... It feels really messy and unplanned to me.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i just want to see extremely buff dudes becoming friends with each other. is that so much to ask??

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Koga's relevance in this comic isn't over yet. He will become Ohma's bag man and Ryuki will become Ohma's body double.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean prior to this fight Ohma also hadn't exactly done much for the last 40 chapters either.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Yeah I get people wanting koga to be the main character but he started off too weak. Him becoming a secret weapon because he is specifically affiliated with kazzy would be cool imo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It will be cool when Koga gets a fight with Ryuki to save his soul from the worm or something.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I don't really feel like Koga's arc really needs him to become the new Gensai or something. He's already been shown growing a lot from rear end in a top hat punk kid roughing people up in alleyways to serious person who gives a crap about other people. I have a feeling the end goal with him is going to be less about him being able to arm wrestle Julius while beating Ohma with his other hand or something and more about his connections with people, especially Ryuki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
sounds like the dumbest punching thing ever lol

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/Dz81xo/chapter-133/