Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/saeeddicaprio/status/1453338552973119491?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

raminasi posted:

it is entirely plausible that an hdhp that permits an hsa ends up costing you less annually for totally realistic health care needs. usually this will happen if your annual expenses are low enough to not need to pay for much of anything or high enough that you exceed your annual out-of-pocket max, and selecting such a plan is a gamble that your health care expenditures will fall on one of these extremes, for whatever definition of "extreme" applies to the candidate plan in question. for "good" plans with relatively low out-of-pocket maxes, this can be a fine bet.

the fees are usurious and they have the effect of tying even more of regular folks' financial security to the loving stock market, but the basic arithmetic on a given hdhp can end up good for the employee.

but the PPO is great you pay a KnOwN aMoUnT on each visit so no suprises! no we won't provide you with any cost calculator this year

even if you max out spending on the hsa plans where i work its still cheaper than the ppo plans because of the money they give for the hsa

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/anna_c_kramer/status/1453471470148112391

Aw, poor Facebook. Shouldn't have been completely rapacious and loathsome, I guess.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://twitter.com/iquilezles/status/1453261503847702537

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/wxcafe/status/1453424791831076866?s=21

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1453732413029306372?s=20

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

lmbo

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/danluu/status/1453820898876682258

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

people have too much spare time on their hands imo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hasn't disney pulled this "first lgbt character/couple in a disney/marvel/star war!!" like five times now? and every single time it's just pointing at a minor character who does nothing to indicate they are queer and saying "that guy's gay"

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Deleted now but

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the dogwhistle there is "lib snowflakes" right

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

the dogwhistle there is "lib snowflakes" right
(it's THE GAYS)

The comments were half chuds pledging to see it and half

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

did disney already decide it was poo poo and not worth buying decent reviews for, or is the film such a colossal piece of crap that the reviewers felt safe using the forbidden numbers?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i'm guessing it's that first one, the eternals were kind of dumb d-list super heroes when i read comics 25 years ago and i suspect they haven't changed much since then.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

DuckConference posted:

did disney already decide it was poo poo and not worth buying decent reviews for, or is the film such a colossal piece of crap that the reviewers felt safe using the forbidden numbers?

i wonder if they're smart enough to have seen a lack of interest and just started ripping back all their marketing funds.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's astonishing that the public has put up with this many different superheroes already. Prior to the MCU the average person could probably name Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, maybe The Incredible Hulk and a couple others and that's it. Nobody other than comic book neckbeards knew who Iron Man or Scarlet Witch or Thanos were. It's to the filmmakers' and actors' credit that they managed to get the general public aware of and interested in these second- and third-string characters.

I don't know a single person who's ever heard of The Eternals before this movie. And instead of Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth, they have dusty old charisma voids like Angelina Jolie and a bunch of no-names playing Glup Shitto and friends. Good loving luck. I'm done

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah when I heard they were doing an Eternals movie I had no idea why the gently caress they would bother. The comic was loving terrible.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

(it's THE GAYS)

oh no not THE GAYS!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

oh no not THE GAYS!
They are right to fear us

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i mean isnt their whole schtick that they can't die?

there's nothing at stake

nobody cares

bye mcu it was fun

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

lore is for loresors

(cmon mom say it louder)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

bye mcu it was fun

:looks at calendar year:

gosh it looks like its time for an avengers 1 reboot

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jonny 290 posted:

there's nothing at stake

nobody cares

bye mcu it was fun

the fact that the next MCU tv series is also about the worst avengers character (who has a poo poo person irl who plays that character) is another nail in the who gives a gently caress coffin.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

graph posted:

:looks at calendar year:

gosh it looks like its time for an avengers 1 reboot

oh christ it's probably already in the works isn't it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

oh christ it's probably already in the works isn't it

if anything that's just being true to the source material.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

there's nothing at stake

nobody cares

bye mcu it was fun

lmfaoooo one of them loving dies

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

there's nothing at stake

nobody cares

bye mcu it was fun

one of the trailers in front of ⊃⋃⋂⊂ for me was spider-man vs doctor strange and i think i will watch that one. i like both those characters and it has sony edition doc ock (and presumably other spiders-man and villains) in it so that's fun.

the other two trailers were top gun 2, which i will be seeing in imax obviously, and eternals which bleehhhhhhhh

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

there's nothing at stake

nobody cares

bye mcu it was fun

im sure there's like hyperdeath or something that can kill them as it turns out, which we'll discover in like episode 14

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Video Nasty posted:

Glup Shitto?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

the fact that the next MCU tv series is also about the worst avengers character (who has a poo poo person irl who plays that character) is another nail in the who gives a gently caress coffin.
That can only be Hawkeye

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Video Nasty posted:

yeah so there u go

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

surprise crossover: Vision is actually Daneel Olivaw

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

The only concrete thing I really remember about the robot books is the future detective having a moment on a spaceship where's he's afraid of the robots walking in on him beating off

Aside from a general weird vibe from Asimov tbh

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

The only concrete thing I really remember about the robot books is the future detective having a moment on a spaceship where's he's afraid of the robots walking in on him beating off

Aside from a general weird vibe from Asimov tbh

it was all just so "welcome to the planet of the people who do X!" which of course was at constant war with the planet of people who DONT do X.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

a moon knight miniseries is coming out with oscar isaac. i might check that one out.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i like kumail i was excited that he got the role and was working out

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

KoRMaK posted:

i like kumail i was excited that he got the role and was working out

dude is probably the most likely to appreciate a role in a comic book movie for the sake of doing superhero poo poo for a film, honestly

Sagebrush posted:

one of the trailers in front of ⊃⋃⋂⊂ for me was spider-man vs doctor strange and i think i will watch that one. i like both those characters and it has sony edition doc ock (and presumably other spiders-man and villains) in it so that's fun.

the other two trailers were top gun 2, which i will be seeing in imax obviously, and eternals which bleehhhhhhhh

the more weird dr. strange stuff they do, the better. eternals even mentioning thanos related events in the trailers was a huge put off to me. who cares, that poo poo happened. do more weird folding dimension poo poo and weird quantum non-sense, these are comic book movies have some fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
watched dunc, it was good

guess i’ll skip eternals