Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

It's this fella:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59062133

quote:

But before handing over the lock, Mr LaPointe asked Mr Willerslev to take part in a ceremony involving a medicine man, drummers and chanting, where Sitting Bull's spirit gave his blessing to the study, the scientist told the AFP news agency.

Mr LaPointe burned the majority of the lock - in line with the spirit's instructions - leaving the researchers with just 4cm, which Mr Willerslev believed was "disastrous" at the time.

Scientist dude got elaborately trolled :laffo:

And he also found Custer's great-grandson, of course

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ok

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
pretty old to be a great grandchild. those are usually babies. I'm calling bullshit

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

We need to eradicate hereditary prestige
Kill this man and feed his corpse to the masses

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

kntfkr posted:

pretty old to be a great grandchild. those are usually babies. I'm calling bullshit

:lol: calling bullpoo poo.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

kntfkr posted:

That's what's so great about him.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Why isn't he sitting...calling fake on this one

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

kntfkr posted:

Bullsit

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The name "Sitting Bull" actually had nothing to do with sitting. The ignorant white man asked him to sit in all his photos for the lulz. Not all Indian names are literal, although Crazy Horse was indeed a horse with prodromal schizophrenia.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sitting bull's sacred cum lives on

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
what a load of bull sit!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Sitting bull (standing)

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvuhazMDpeg

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

More like making GBS threads Bull

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
General Custard

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
In my country Sitting Bull the actual historical person is translated into "Sitting Ox" which is a bit cruel

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Who fuckin cares u dumb bitch

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
wow, he must be p good at hiding!

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
squatting calf LOL

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
How

naem
May 29, 2011

neat

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

One night tribe camp at top of cliff. Next morning tribe wake up at bottom of cliff. Medicine Man say to Chief “We’re the Hakawi?”

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wat

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

the real question is how much human hair is incarcerated this very moment in the halls of science

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

curlys gold posted:

the real question is how much human hair is incarcerated this very moment in the halls of science

Loads. What do you think happens to the hair that's cut off when you go to the barber? They just sweep it up and throw it in the trash?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They sell it to a local pervert who fills a whole tub with it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm glad this burning question finally got answered and had not a hint of secularist opportunity behind it.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

curlys gold posted:

Oh, that sort of lock. I didn't read the article and had assumed the "lock" was a padlock on the peace pipe to stop the kids smoking it or something.

Bonus true fact: Some widely distributed pics of Sitting Bull wearing Amerindian regalia were in fact pics of someone else. I found this out the hard way after I gifted a framed Bull pic to a gal I used to know who practiced tribal religious customs, and enquired why she looked so unhappy about it. By the way she was Caucasian, but that was before "cultural appropriation" became a Left issue, so I didn't need to cancel her. Anyway it was her loving religion.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

curlys gold posted:

Hair is stored in the halls.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Colonel Cancer posted:

They sell it to a local pervert who fills a whole tub with it

How much are they charging you?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What about making GBS threads Bull, did they find his descendants?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

By popular demand posted:

What about making GBS threads Bull, did they find his descendants?

Yeah they did. Turns out every poster on these forums can trace their lineage to that man

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

He smells like my dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Does this mean we are finally getting a sequel to custer's revenge????????????????????