Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Pops Mgee posted:

Angel has fallen, BvS, and Pet Semetary, are episodes I come back to every so often

The Pet Sematary episode is like the Joker of episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ll put my vote in for brainscan as well. It’s got one of the best running gags.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

My father the hero is super gross as well. The easy rider 2 ep is great just to hear Eric's unalloyed hatred for that movie. I'll listened to the BvS ep every once in a while just to get my Martha? fix

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

My personal favorites (in no particular order):

LXG
Demolition Man
Batman Vs Superman
Bee Movie
Abraxas: Guardian of the Universe
Mortal Kombat
Deep Rising
Devil's Advocate
Species 1+2
Wishmaster 1+2
101 Dalmatians

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Since is spooky season a few good horror bangers are Dracula 2000, Halloween 6, Brainscan, Friday the 13th 5, and The Shining (Patreon)

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

xXx and The Super are absolutely top tier episodes.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

OrthoTrot posted:

Anything that is an unexpected we love movies is great ... Eraser

So glad someone else feels this way. That episode is a hidden gem.

“Oh Ja, I used to be called the Pillager, then I decided to work in witness protection. Half of Vietnam? Ja, dat vas me."

"For a short time in 1994 I came out of a movie screen and wore a red shirt."

":sigh: Ja, Freddy is my brother. Every family has a black sheep, you know?"

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 24, 2021

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mailbag tonight!

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1452708879733821440

e: Prowlermentary comes out this Thursday!

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 26, 2021

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

jojoinnit posted:

So glad someone else feels this way. That episode is a hidden gem.

“Oh Ja, I used to be called the Pillager, then I decided to work in witness protection. Half of Vietnam? Ja, dat vas me."

"For a short time in 1994 I came out of a movie screen and wore a red shirt."

":sigh: Ja, Freddy is my brother. Every family has a black sheep, you know?"

I love the bit where they're talking about Arnold throwing a chair through the plane engine and Andrew says something like: "That's what I love about this guy. Things are going bad so he just changes the conversation. "I was being kidnapped? Now everyone is in a plane crash""

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
My role at work changed and I am not driving a lot anymore so I am really behind but finally just finished Stay Alive and that's a great episode. John Goodman Fingers, The Boy Lover and the end where Eric just is googling random stuff. Just fantastic.

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 28, 2021

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Re: next weeks episode

Joe Rogan is in Zookeeper. He is not the only martial arts related person in this film. And solely based on the Wikipedia page, this is going to be An Episode.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I think the stupidest moment in Zookeeper is when Kevin James literally urinates in the middle of a restaurant because a wolf told him to.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Zookeeper: The Chris Cabin Story

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

GrandpaPants posted:

Zookeeper: The Chris Cabin Story

No no no they got this all wrong

Zoo? Keeper! - A Chris Cabin Story

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

GPTribefan posted:

No no no they got this all wrong

Zoo? Keeper! - A Chris Cabin Story

Someone with the tweets do this at him right now

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Worst of 2021 spoilers based on the Spooktackular mailbag: A commentary for Cinderella (2021) where Steve knows what's going to happen and the other guys go in blind would be a nice inversion of the Commando-mentary. and fingers are crossed for Infinite making the final cut, bro.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

SilentChaz posted:

Worst of 2021 spoilers based on the Spooktackular mailbag: A commentary for Cinderella (2021) where Steve knows what's going to happen and the other guys go in blind would be a nice inversion of the Commando-mentary. and fingers are crossed for Infinite making the final cut, bro.

That movie is utterly wretched and my 6 year old daughter wanting to watch it multiple times isn’t making it any better. I would gladly help them do this one

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

This Dead Meat guy has this nasally white nerd voice and personality that's making this Leprechaun episode really hard to listen to. Like I realize the guys are all white nerds, but they're at least funny to listen to and their voices aren't like an octave away from nails on a chalkboard.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I didn’t realize it at first, but he is that dude from the Kill Count videos on youtube. His voice and demeanor are very offputting.

Edit: I watched that channel’s kill count prior to the Halloween H20 episode. It’s been so long, I wanted a refresher without watching the whole movie. And the kill count video is somehow still nearly 20 drat minutes long.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 29, 2021

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

quote:

This Dead Meat guy has this nasally white nerd voice and personality that's making this Leprechaun episode really hard to listen to. Like I realize the guys are all white nerds, but they're at least funny to listen to and their voices aren't like an octave away from nails on a chalkboard.

He reminds me a bit of Nick Wiger who I like but also find annoying to listen to at times. Very droney.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

My favorite episode is weirdly The Hand The Rocks the Cradle.

I laughed so hard at the dad singing in the basement with his broken legs. And they also talked about him handling the affair accusation like "water off a duck's back."

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I thought the Leprechaun episode was really funny and was pleasantly surprised by the guests

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I enjoyed it

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I enjoyed it

Same, would love to have them back for a future Spooktacular and/or Leprechaun ep.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Yeah the only guest I've enjoyed at all previously was Angelica Bastien but these 2 were pretty good

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

GrandpaPants posted:

leave that sweet boy alone. His and Chelsea's channel is a treasure.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like his voice. The D&D podcast he is on is frequently hilarious

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Next week will be a Nick Nolte feast and I'm all about that poo poo.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Did not enjoy these guests at all. What a waste.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ravenkult posted:

Did not enjoy these guests at all. What a waste.

They were ok. I highly suspect I'd find their podcast to totally unlistenable though.

They should get some of that Headgum money and get Gilbert Gottfried to actually sit it on an episode. Do a WLM on a classic Universal monster movie and he'd probably do it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cael posted:

Same, would love to have them back for a future Spooktacular and/or Leprechaun ep.

Same they played off each other well. Might go check out the Slenderman episode of the show that the gang was on.

I also share Chelsea(?)’s fear of Martin Short characters.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Man. I love this podcast but they haven't covered a movie I cared about since Wrath of Khan in August :smith:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

FistEnergy posted:

Man. I love this podcast but they haven't covered a movie I cared about since Wrath of Khan in August :smith:

You don't come for the movies you come for The Boys. I'm at a weird point where I almost prefer the mailbag episodes over the regular episodes now.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Everyone heard Eric starting to declare the whm death fatwa on Kevin Bacon before getting interrupted right?
Speaking of interruptions, wasn't a super fan of this episode because six loud people whose job is to be highly opinionated makes for a confusing time

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Prowler was alright. Even though it's just under 90 minutes, it feels like it wastes some time. The kills were brutal, though, and the effects ruled. And the commentary track was fun!

Henker
May 5, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

Shudder has this 80s horror movie documentary called In Search of Darkness and that dude is one of the talking heads. He's easily the weakest part of the series due to his nasally white nerd voice and because he always needs to insert some wacky zinger. Imagine my disappointment when I found out he was the WHM guest.

Anyway, Book of Boba Fett trailer just dropped. Show looks to be about 95% gleep glop rubber mask aliens, so I'm sure the boys are hyped.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.avclub.com/troy-duffy-is-making-another-boondock-saints-and-he-wa-1847977686

Behold the gaping maw of the Void and despair.

The year they did Boondock Saints 2, they loving haaaaaaaaattted it. I remember watching it and my gf at the time absolutely loved it and kept repeating to me over and over how "I was HER Mexican" after we finished watching it. I straight up told her I wasn't Mexican and to cut that poo poo out, when I first stumbled across this podcast way back then it was super cathartic to hear other people just poo poo all over this loving movie. I still need to get around seeing that documentary about Duffy.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I feel like I don't even care what they talk about at this point I've so associated their voice with a comforting drive to and from work and they could read the back of a shampoo bottle and I'd probably tune in still.

Eric is my favorite, full stop. I started watching TJ Hooker just to get more Eric.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Jiro posted:

I remember watching it and my gf at the time absolutely loved it and kept repeating to me over and over how "I was HER Mexican" after we finished watching it. I straight up told her I wasn't Mexican and to cut that poo poo out.

You are clearly a more patient man than me because if this happened to me, I'd have broken up with her on the spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

You are clearly a more patient man than me because if this happened to me, I'd have broken up with her on the spot.

I was really really close to it at the time, even going so far to explaining that hearing a white lady, her, claim ownership over a person by pointing out their ethnic ancestry, in Texas, THE loving SOUTH, is a weird uncomfortable look. Hand wave dismissal of not taking it like a joke and blah blah blah blah. Listen up kids, crazy people with their usually good crazy sex only gets you so far in relationships.

Apologies for not re-imagining the entire scene with cowboy hat and dancing.