Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Popete posted:

Astros offense disappears on the road...

I'm not saying they're back on the cans but the Astros are back on the cans.

What about when their offense disappeared in Game 1 at home? Cans just not working?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

What about when their offense disappeared in Game 1 at home? Cans just not working?

gently caress the Astros

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

classic case of Bad Cans

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

R.D. Mangles posted:

classic case of Bad Cans

Probably using the recycling bins.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean if you won a World Series by cheating, got caught, and had absolutely zero meaningful consequences, why the hell wouldn’t you cheat again?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Altuve is going to remain an automatic out if he insists on swinging at every first pitch no matter where it is

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

RCarr posted:

I mean if you won a World Series by cheating, got caught, and had absolutely zero meaningful consequences, why the hell wouldn’t you cheat again?

What is this referring to? Just curious haha 🙂

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Manfred having to get on the mic and declare the Astros champs at Minute Maid would be legitimately hilarious

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tomorrow night we get Trump on national TV leading Braves nation in chopping and chanting

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

Bless your heart

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I was as much as a rage-ball as anyone over 2017 and I realize everyone wants to use the cheat meme as much as possible today, but the half-man Altuve swinging at the first pitch and often hitting it out of the park is peak drama/enjoyment

They aren’t cheating now, and his bat is more than half his height. If you are watching Altuve ABs and carrying the 2017 baggage you are cheating yourself.

e: it’s like a honey badger owning a pride of lions, or something

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

Tomorrow night we get Trump on national TV leading Braves nation in chopping and chanting

A nice reminder showing us that a 30% chance on 538 can sometimes result in a victory.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

Intruder posted:

My faux outrage will be greater than all to prove that I am indeed the better person

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

gently caress Donald Trump. Go Barves.

MrMojok posted:

I was as much as a rage-ball as anyone over 2017 and I realize everyone wants to use the cheat meme as much as possible today, but the half-man Altuve swinging at the first pitch and often hitting it out of the park is peak drama/enjoyment

They aren’t cheating now, and his bat is more than half his height. If you are watching Altuve ABs and carrying the 2017 baggage you are cheating yourself.

e: it’s like a honey badger owning a pride of lions, or something

Obviously I wish the Astros had faced some consequences as an organization for the cheating scandal, but I like watching a lot of their players and Altuve is just the most fun. They're a good loving team, even if they should've had their title stripped imo.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

gently caress Donald Trump. Go Barves.

Obviously I wish the Astros had faced some consequences as an organization for the cheating scandal, but I like watching a lot of their players and Altuve is just the most fun. They're a good loving team, even if they should've had their title stripped imo.

Yeah, Altuve loving rocks. I love them thinking they can put one right down the pipe for strike one to this half-man and thinking it’s safe, this little guy the size of a middle-school child can’t hurt us

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
blows my mind that anyone is still paying attention to Donald Trump in 2021 lmao

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

LeeMajors posted:

Obviously I wish the Astros had faced some consequences as an organization for the cheating scandal

They faced the worst team punishment in the history of the MLB I swear some of you lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMojok posted:

Yeah, Altuve loving rocks. I love them thinking they can put one right down the pipe over and over to this half-man and thinking it’s safe, this little guy the size of a middle-school child can’t hurt us

They've learned they can put one in the dirt and he'll swing out of his shoes at it like he's George Springer

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Intruder posted:

They've learned they can put one in the dirt and he'll swing out of his shoes at it like he's George Springer

Sure, and sometimes it works. But i honestly feel like people have underestimated him for years because of his size. Again and again, LOL

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Squall posted:

blows my mind that anyone is still paying attention to Donald Trump in 2021 lmao

aren't you just precious, living with your head resolutely stuck in the sand like that

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Squall posted:

I live in the south and get to see a lot of Trump 2024 stickers and gently caress Joe Biden flags, Trump's politics are alive and well and I hope he dies of aggressive dick cancer sooner than later.

molestrios posted:

They faced the worst team punishment in the history of the MLB I swear some of you lol

They didn't have to give back the ring they stole and thus

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Squall posted:

Your favorite team is hosting Trump for tomorrow's game in his own suite

MrMojok posted:

Sure, and sometimes it works. But i honestly feel like people have underestimated him for years because of his size. Again and again, LOL

Yeah I meant right now. He's clearly pressing and trying to be a hero in every AB, same with Correa

When he's patient he's a dangerous hitter

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 30, 2021

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I wish we actually were cheating so that the defeated whitebread crowd would subject us to the loving chop less often

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've been a Barves fan since I could be a fan of any team at all and lemme tell you - I am loving dreading potentially having to watch Tormpo lead a chop in the stretch. The sort of thing so deeply cursed that if we lose every game out including that one 27-0 people will be like "oh yeah well of course it happened you had Trump lead a chop"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Yeah it is an extremely cursed scene and I really wish it wasn't going to happen but....:cripes:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's not even like any teams ownership is even better, like the Cubs are probably more responsible for Trump than anybody in Atlanta. But jesus loving christ

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Epic High Five posted:

It's not even like any teams ownership is even better, like the Cubs are probably more responsible for Trump than anybody in Atlanta. But jesus loving christ

Yeah it's like the perfect culture war hot-button issue for him to latch onto like the lovely fraud he is.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

LeeMajors posted:

I live in the south and get to see a lot of Trump 2024 stickers and gently caress Joe Biden flags, Trump's politics are alive and well and I hope he dies of aggressive dick cancer sooner than later.

Hey, me too! gently caress Joe Biden and also it is a shame that COVID failed to take Trump out.

Intruder posted:

Your favorite team is hosting Trump for tomorrow's game in his own suite

Yep, it sucks rear end but also imagine paying literally any attention to Trump. Dude is done being relevant - if he becomes president in 2024 we have much bigger issues than that motherfucker.

Like, I get it, his brand of dumbassery has taken over but in what way is he demonstrably worse than Ted Cruz who is cheering for the Astros? Other than the fact that Ted Cruz sucks too much to get anyone to like him?

Squall fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 30, 2021

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

As a non-voting Communist this is all very irritating to me. I've been in favor of spring loaded ejection seats in high end suites for a long time and this does nothing to disabuse me of this

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

Manfred having to get on the mic and declare the Astros champs at Minute Maid would be legitimately hilarious

"Please accept this piece of metal"

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

As a non-voting Communist

Lib spotted! Look forward to death threats for the rest of your life.

Wait, not American?!? Give us a moment to triangulate location and activate the appropriate international cell

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MrMojok posted:

Lib spotted! Look forward to death threats for the rest of your life.

Wait, not American?!? Give us a moment to triangulate location and activate the appropriate international cell

You've made a powerful enemy this day

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Sorry I voted for Howie Hawkins

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I also voted for the lib senate candidates because it is much funnier to laugh at our impending demise when you can't blame the other party for it lmao

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

Squall posted:

I also voted for the lib senate candidates because it is much funnier to laugh at our impending demise when you can't blame the other party for it lmao

Good baseball post, love comedy sports forum

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

molestrios posted:

Good baseball post, love comedy sports forum

It's fantastic because every Braves fan is a racist, the team gave Donald Trump a suite, and this offseason the owners are either going to kill baseball with their greed or the players will fold like an accordion so just let me cheer my team which has no right being this good while everything else collapses around us all.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I apologize for making an politics joke in the baseball thread. I should know better and pledge to try and do better

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

That Altuve, loving half-man, amirite?

It would be funny if the Deep State didn’t help him to hit .335 in the postseason, but the media doesn’t want to talk about that

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

Squall posted:

It's fantastic because every Braves fan is a racist, the team gave Donald Trump a suite, and this offseason the owners are either going to kill baseball with their greed or the players will fold like an accordion so just let me cheer my team which has no right being this good while everything else collapses around us all.

Are y'all just the most miserable people on earth or is this some kind of internet angst thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Astros cheated just like the demonrat party in the 2020 election and furthermore