Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hello Friends,

I stumbled into a lucky situation and so now I am heading to Maui in the near future!
  • I haven't been to a tropical destination in a long while and I want to make the most of it :)
  • :siren: I'd be grateful for fun activity recommendations! :siren:
  • From relaxed to active, from day to night, I'm game for pretty much anything!

Fast Facts:
  • Homebase: Lahaina https://wikitravel.org/en/Lahaina
  • Trip Length: 8 days
  • Team: 3 people (myself and two friends)
  • Sitrep: My two friends will at least partially be working remotely. I will be 100% on vacation mode :getin:
  • Activity Level: I and one of my friends are active and social. We can hike and still have energy for dancing at clubs. Third friend is a bit more introverted and needs some alone recharge time.

Things to do I've found so far:
  • See the 400 year old Banyan tree!
  • Snorkeling somewhere
  • Visiting dank beaches (Ka'anapali Beach is high on the list)
  • Front Street visiting
  • Some dank waterfall hikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Future Wax
Feb 17, 2011

There is no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase!
I stayed in Kihei when I was there so these will be a bit farther from you, but still worth doing I think.

'Iao Valley State Monument is definitely worth a visit. For snorkeling, find a boat to go out to Molokoni Crater, the angle of the crater lets you see stuff really close up which is awesome. Waimea Beach also had good snorkeling. Maui Ocean Center is nice if you want to see fish without getting wet.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Go do whale watching with the Pacific Whale Foundation. They're right there in Lahaina or you can go to Maalea which isn't far. I found it a great experience and it's generally relaxing just to hang out on a boat in the sun for a few hours, feeling the wind in your face and seeing the island from the sea.