Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

If there is a sufficient Goon population on another APAC server I'd be happy to transfer.
I'm on Duzakh now, which is getting a bit low. Will most likely move to Utopia if there isn't another option.

It'd be nice to play with any other Goons. Maybe even start a company if there is enough interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

You have to send a telegram to AWS in order to switch weapons so I don't think it is as simple as saying Client Authoritative all the time

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pussy Snorkel posted:

There's a way to animation cancel light attacks using weapon swap so that you machine gun your attack. Works with life staff and fire staff.

What other weapon combinations work for this exploit?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

I said come in! posted:

What other weapon combinations work for this exploit?

I wonder if you could do it with any melee weapons? Hacksaw great axe with the damage on light attack perk would be lol

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

causticBeet posted:

I wonder if you could do it with any melee weapons? Hacksaw great axe with the damage on light attack perk would be lol

My testing shows it only works with weapons that have a fast light attack and an activated ability that requires manual targeting. Spears won't work, but hatchet sort of does (and hatchet canceling doesn't require weapon swapping so it's slightly different).

Barreft posted:

You've been pretty pro-this game, so whatcha been doing lately?

Taking it very slow, to be honest. There's not much to do except for Outpost Rush.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
market has rebounded like absolute gangbusters now that people have money. my tradepost went from 1-2k in sales a day to 15k today, money that I don't even need to give a poo poo about because I can just do outpost rush for an hour myself and cover my 3 houses for the week lmao

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Ad by Khad posted:

market has rebounded like absolute gangbusters now that people have money. my tradepost went from 1-2k in sales a day to 15k today, money that I don't even need to give a poo poo about because I can just do outpost rush for an hour myself and cover my 3 houses for the week lmao

Ill have to check my market. This is what I anticipated once OPR was up for good. Hopefully my investments will pay off now.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

yeah i want to give it a little bit longer before i start selling my good stuff but even just this few days of outpost rush has solved the liquidity problems hugely

we knew there would be a lot more money chasing a lot less goods and it is absolutely happening. some of the things I used to sell for 0.30 I'm now getting above 12

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

im sure all the gold is only from outpost rush and no other means right now.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

BadLlama posted:

I honestly feel the dupe issues were blown out of proportion. I haven't seen any actual evidence of any dupes aside from the post-transfer player state issues. The others are all unconfirmed rumors. Hell, the one about "<a data" was, supposedly, a 4chan troll effort. Who can say at this point? Additionally, those pictures going around of people having thousands of rare mats - photoshopped.

Honestly, my market still has high-tier things for sale, which seems unlikely if there was tons of duped gold running around.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Ad by Khad posted:

we knew there would be a lot more money chasing a lot less goods and it is absolutely happening. some of the things I used to sell for 0.30 I'm now getting above 12

I've been slanging cooking ingredients for so long I'm pretty tired of it. What's going to be the hot new thing to get ahead of

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Pussy Snorkel posted:

I honestly feel the dupe issues were blown out of proportion. I haven't seen any actual evidence of any dupes aside from the post-transfer player state issues. The others are all unconfirmed rumors. Hell, the one about "<a data" was, supposedly, a 4chan troll effort. Who can say at this point? Additionally, those pictures going around of people having thousands of rare mats - photoshopped.

Honestly, my market still has high-tier things for sale, which seems unlikely if there was tons of duped gold running around.

Eh either way, suppose I might as well log on and toss a bunch of poo poo up for sale.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does it make sense to make an alt ever? I’m almost 30 but have never really tried anything but magic weapons. I guess stat allocation will be funky if I don’t make an alt?

VV Thanks!

Eels
Jul 28, 2003

Shootenanny

LuckyCat posted:

Does it make sense to make an alt ever? I’m almost 30 but have never really tried anything but magic weapons. I guess stat allocation will be funky if I don’t make an alt?

Only if you wanna play on a different server. You can respec your stats for a fairly small cost.

Darwin_
Oct 4, 2021

Pussy Snorkel posted:

I honestly feel the dupe issues were blown out of proportion.

I agree. Currently only way to dupe is to mess with packets which I believe is intermediate level game hacking. So the barrier of entry is pretty decent.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Logged in to check if anything was selling for 12 that used to be selling for .3, nothing. I don't believe you're selling stuff like that Ad by Khad you should post those completed orders so we can all make money on our own servers!

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

Darwin_ posted:

I agree. Currently only way to dupe is to mess with packets which I believe is intermediate level game hacking. So the barrier of entry is pretty decent.

There was a "Quest complete" money dupe but it's fixed now. Could be more of those people are not talking about.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

PyRosflam posted:

There was a "Quest complete" money dupe but it's fixed now. Could be more of those people are not talking about.

This is the one that was a 4chan troll. I don't believe it ever was actually a thing.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

BadLlama posted:

we had guys who were so broke they couldnt repair their gear and two days later they own 3 houses

it's pretty good op

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Logged in to check if anything was selling for 12 that used to be selling for .3, nothing. I don't believe you're selling stuff like that Ad by Khad you should post those completed orders so we can all make money on our own servers!

i dont know jack poo poo about what sells well on other servers and i dont care to

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

I just wanna know what you're seeing jump in prices so I can get ahead of it no biggie, you can just type it I don't care to see actual numbers. I'm on a smaller server which is slower to react to this stuff

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
So a mix of drama and transfers appears to have cannibalized the green faction on my low pop server. A big chunk of the PvP/PVE core transferred off, leaving one remaining smaller guild that is actually organized and a whole bunch of level 40-50s who complain in faction chat about the state of wars (not getting in, losing, complaining about where wars are fought)

The exclusive nature of wars is super toxic, and I expect this has happened on a lot of servers (or will soon). You very much get a core group per faction that does most of the actual warring, and then a lot of salty onlookers. Lots of whining in faction chat from players who have never fought in or organized a war talking about how things should be done without the means or motivation to actually do it themselves. Especially on a lower pop server, it feels like once a group cements themselves as the stronger faction it’s almost impossible to stop them - if their best 50 has a gear/organization/sweat advantage and beats your best 50, you’re kinda just hosed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Did they actually fix the offline gold bug yet?

I’m not confident in their record keeping that I’d actually see that gold back.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

causticBeet posted:

So a mix of drama and transfers appears to have cannibalized the green faction on my low pop server. A big chunk of the PvP/PVE core transferred off, leaving one remaining smaller guild that is actually organized and a whole bunch of level 40-50s who complain in faction chat about the state of wars (not getting in, losing, complaining about where wars are fought)

The exclusive nature of wars is super toxic, and I expect this has happened on a lot of servers (or will soon). You very much get a core group per faction that does most of the actual warring, and then a lot of salty onlookers. Lots of whining in faction chat from players who have never fought in or organized a war talking about how things should be done without the means or motivation to actually do it themselves. Especially on a lower pop server, it feels like once a group cements themselves as the stronger faction it’s almost impossible to stop them - if their best 50 has a gear/organization/sweat advantage and beats your best 50, you’re kinda just hosed.

Well, owning your server trade hub means you make between 500k and 1m a week. Two weeks of that and your guild is geared out.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

MarcusSA posted:

Did they actually fix the offline gold bug yet?

I’m not confident in their record keeping that I’d actually see that gold back.

yeah they did, I logged in after one of the patches and kept getting the gold sound every 10 seconds for a few minutes as all my old tx caught up

I just wanna know what you're seeing jump in prices so I can get ahead of it no biggie, you can just type it I don't care to see actual numbers. I'm on a smaller server which is slower to react to this stuff

health potions

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

Pussy Snorkel posted:

This is the one that was a 4chan troll. I don't believe it ever was actually a thing.

I could see that, you would need back end dev info to know what kind of HTML to pass (along with custom tags) in order to send the server a quest complete update for sure.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
it just goes to show how much research those youtubers actually do when they pass off 4chan rumors as fact, even when they fail to reproduce the issue

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I thought Callum didn't mention auto complete. Just said you could use it to call up a quest that wasn't location tied. Which does seem oddly narrow and unsure of any quest like that.

Darwin_
Oct 4, 2021

Kill All Cops posted:

it just goes to show how much research those youtubers actually do when they pass off 4chan rumors as fact, even when they fail to reproduce the issue

2021 (New)(Working! 100%) 10 tricks you can use to dupe gold in New World this week!

"I haven't tested any because I don't want to get banned."

Youtubers gotta do what they gotta do...

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Was almost certainly a troll

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
nothing in that screenshot remotely looks like they belong together or do anything in any reasonable way wtf are those youtubers doing

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

JuffoWup posted:

I thought Callum didn't mention auto complete. Just said you could use it to call up a quest that wasn't location tied. Which does seem oddly narrow and unsure of any quest like that.

nah he was like WHAT IF You Could Call Up And Complete Any Quest For Infinite EXP And Gold!!!! no, im not going to show you how its done (wink) p.s. don't freeze my gameplay footage to show me attempting to reproduce the bug and failing miserably

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Bug's, exploits, and everything aside the PvP in this game straight up doesn't feel good. Period. I've done wars, I've done Outpost rush, I've done open world PvP. The game fundamentally isn't responsive enough to pull off what they are trying to pull off. Players aren't where they are showing up on your screen. It's why AoE's are dominant because you hit people, period. But then layering AoE's causes the de-sync to get worse and worse.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Zotix posted:

Bug's, exploits, and everything aside the PvP in this game straight up doesn't feel good. Period. I've done wars, I've done Outpost rush, I've done open world PvP. The game fundamentally isn't responsive enough to pull off what they are trying to pull off. Players aren't where they are showing up on your screen. It's why AoE's are dominant because you hit people, period. But then layering AoE's causes the de-sync to get worse and worse.

The de-sync issues have gotten progressively worse with the latest patch as well for both melee and spells. Taking the Dev effortpost about how they are not client authoritative as the gospel leads you to conclude that their server modeling of playing positioning and physics is pretty poo poo and that’s not going to get better quickly.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

The game had great potential, and I was strongly in the "it's not that bad yet" camp for a long time, but honestly the approach to resolving and punishing exploits is very much the same way fo76 was handled (resolve at their leisure, don't actually punish). This kills a game for me. It's hard to feel good about my 300+ hour "investment" when some jackass on a family share account can exploit their way up and beyond in a fraction of the time.

If the pve were better, I wouldn't mind as much. If the pvp were better, I wouldn't mind as much. If the approach to resolving exploits was faster, and the punishments stronger, I wouldn't mind as much. But this has all the hallmarks of an amateur hour short-sighted approach, and it kills me. I want this to be a great game, but I can no longer pretend that it is.

Among all the bad design decisions, there are some really awesome ones here. The town boards? Smart! The non-XP rewards for doing them? Garbage. The world is interesting! The cities are, in some cases, just copy/pasted. If there were hundreds of cities, or if they had to be procedurally generated for some reason, that'd be fine. But there's less than 20 of them. I don't think it's too much to ask for variety.

Hell, even a lot of the over world is copied. One bear cave is the same as a wolf cave is the same as some other cave. One ruin is the same as another with a little more set dressing.

You know, if the dupes are real, perhaps it's fitting in with the motif of the game: copy what you can to save effort. Only they never thought it'd be players doing it.

Honestly - and I said this for fo76, too - if the dupe claims are legitimate, they really need to just purge the worlds entirely. They'll lose a ton of people, but they already have our money. What they'll gain back in legitimacy can't be bought.

But they won't do that. They never would do that. And it's frustrating. I don't think I'd want to level to 60 again, but it's preferable to a ruined economy. Again...that's if the dupes are legitimate. Otherwise just fix the exploits and take strong action against those using them.

But they won't.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did it really have promise besides the way everything generically has promise if loved and cared for? The deck was stacked against this game with it being attached to Amazon.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Fallom posted:

Did it really have promise besides the way everything generically has promise if loved and cared for? The deck was stacked against this game with it being attached to Amazon.

The base gameplay, to me, still feels clean and, for whatever reason, gathering doesn't feel grindy. The visual and audio design is fantastic. The first and only cut scene we get is awesome and I wish there'd been more.

There definitely was potential here. You don't have to reinvent the wheel to make one that's reliable and interesting.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Pussy Snorkel posted:

This kills a game for me. It's hard to feel good about my 300+ hour "investment" when some jackass on a family share account can exploit their way up and beyond in a fraction of the time.

I dont feel like this is an issue when a company is making as much as they do off trade cities

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

I dont feel like this is an issue when a company is making as much as they do off trade cities

In some cases you're not wrong. I've seen logs that indicate some servers have ww/ef pulling in nearly a million gold a week, and that's pretty ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

guilds love to share the wealth to all members and it never ever only gets consolidated with a guild leader and their close friends.