Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Shmup Midi Trumpets are so good, that I desire to hear them in other music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lastdancer posted:

Why do birds

cause they fuckin' can

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve been playing a lot of shmups on the Saturn lately and my favorite noise is always the boss warning alarm, best one I’ve heard is in Darius Gaiden followed by Metal Black.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1e-1c9jy3s

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I bought unconnected marketeers rather than continuing up the SA difficulty ladder, because I wanted to see what modern touhou was like

it turns out modern touhou is, pretty cool

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FirstAidKite posted:

Help

I can't stop listening to touhou music

The trumpets won't leave me alone

for a while I thought I disliked utsuho's theme but it turns out it's rad and just impossible to make a good remix of, and I was judging it based on the remixes

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

doing investigating and chatting through quests was more interesting to me than the unfun bad combat

I thought the combat was Okay but it’s a billion times less interesting less than doing the quests, but I’m glad OP is enjoying Witcher 3 no matter how they go about it. Even if he must be like the only person ever who went after the Skellege “?” marks in the oceans for any reason other than self-loathing completionism.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I have decided that I will install some of the bullet hell games I own and try to push through and learn to play them properly.

In the process, I found out that Platine Dispositif delisted their whole library on steam in 2019 and I'm not sure if I had all of their bullet hell games or not.

I own Gundemonium Recollection which I guess is the same as Collection maybe, and Hitogata Happa and GundeadliGne.

I also know I have the eXceed trilogy of games, so maybe I'll start with eXceed 1 and GundeadliGne. If Gundemonium 1 had a steam release then I don't own it.

I have other shmup games too but I can't think of which ones I have at the moment and at the very least I've read reviews saying eXceed is short and works as an okay gateway into the bullet hell genre.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Engage to Jabberwock

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

One of the new co-leads at Blizz has bounced almost immediately

Blizz is beyond radioactive atm.

Not at all surprised, they got titles that were in name only, but their responsibilities and authority were basically nothing. Bobby Kotick has all of the power now over Blizzard.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Help

I can't stop listening to touhou music

The trumpets won't leave me alone

Literally all I've done is play Touhou EoSD and thought this wouldn't ever leave my drat head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbqoImQZ-EY

But then I found this vocal jazz remix of it and now this is constantly running through my head on loop instead so hey, progress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FJTKM772g4

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Engage to Jabberwock

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They took that from an ace combat game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dead Space:

I just beat the Leviathan. I think I'm gonna go throw up now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Anyone got elite mouse catching tips

i tried to lure it out with cheese so I can trap it in a box but it seems to think that's too cliche

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what powers/weapons/allies can you and the mouse employ

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Muscle Tracer posted:

Right, I'm sure it's all very loreful. It's just also not nearly as exciting as chopping up griffons.

If you want to just hunt monsters, might I recommend a little series called Monster Hunter?

Help Im Alive posted:

i tried to lure it out with cheese so I can trap it in a box but it seems to think that's too cliche

Last time I needed to catch a mouse (there were mice in my parents' basement), peanut butter worked perfectly as bait. Also we learned fairly quickly that when you're using no-kill traps you need to release the mice much, much farther away from your house than you think or they just waltz right back in :v: We ended up having to drive a few miles away to release them in a field.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Bucket mouse trap

https://www.instructables.com/Bucket-Mouse-Trap-kill-or-no-kill/

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

don't forget to enter SMAILLIW so the mouse can't kill you

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mice are cute

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1455520066594906112

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hard Pass

e: huh. I thought hard drive was part of the onion but nope, it is its own joke news site. Did onion have its own tech site at some point? If so, I must have confused the two.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Nov 3, 2021

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I think actually a lot of my gripes with Witcher 3 boil down to the lovely map/quest/inventory handling. As much as I hate to say it, I miss the Skyrim-style option to just show all the map markers on the world map at once, so I can at least tell what's nearest to me or what's close together, and grab multiple objectives in one trip to an area. That would cut out a lot of the near-infinite amount of sprinting to fast travel points or getting lost in Novigrad.

But yeah... turns out most of the quests are busywork I don't care about and most of the map markers are "bandit camps" with a couple dudes half my level and some lovely loot. I'll probably still finish out the main quest but... meh.

Harrow posted:

If you want to just hunt monsters, might I recommend a little series called Monster Hunter?

:hai:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

in my experience no animal is able to resist peanut butter

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Muscle Tracer posted:

But yeah... turns out most of the quests are busywork I don't care about and most of the map markers are "bandit camps" with a couple dudes half my level and some lovely loot.

That's every open world game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

exactly. the witcher 3 is just like the rest. glad you agree

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

They put all the good side stuff at the beginning of the game because that's when people actually will play it and everything later is just filler garbage to pad out playtime. Open world games are a pox on our beautiful hobby.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Stux posted:

exactly. the witcher 3 is just like the rest. glad you agree

you son of a gun you trapped me into this opinion

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

with one exception: I care a LOT about Korok seeds. Those little guys are so cute! :kimchi:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The first 30 were cute at least... the next 100, less so

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

The first 30 were cute at least... the next 100, less so

how'd you feel about #130 through... 700? or whatever it was. More or less cute?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Eventually you get to the point where you just ride past every lily pad circle and suspicious shrub

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sometimes I enjoy open world games even though I know all of the sins they commit. There are times when I'm like "yes I know, I don't care, I just want to kick back and do the thing in this big, pretty-looking landscape" and that's ok

Except Breath of the Wild, that one I think is legitimately good and well-made, and no I will not stick around to defend this opinion, okay have fun bye :D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The best open world game is daggerfall because it is the biggest and bigger is better

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

daggerfall cheats. the true biggest open world is kenshi and it is actually the best open world game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I’m here to settle the score: video games are too good to be art. Art sucks.

:smug:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

I’m here to settle the score: video games are too good to be art. Art sucks.

:smug:

most art sucks yeah but it's still cool and interesting for people to make art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Dwarf Fortress is in an art museum, it's a game and also an art, ergo games are art, ticket closed.