Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

MOD POST

So this thread is super old, super long, and the OP is permabanned. Me and Harrow want a new FF thread for 2022.

Would anybody here care to start a new FF megathread and make the obligatory huge OP detailing the history of the franchise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I volunteer and will do my best, but if someone feels particularly strongly about doing it they can take on this truly enormous responsibility that definitely matters a lot and is very important

Barudak
May 7, 2007

jokes posted:

I volunteer and will do my best, but if someone feels particularly strongly about doing it they can take this enormous responsibility.

I believe in you and you will do a great job.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Barudak posted:

I believe in you and you will do a great job.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'd like to make a request for positive thinking in the next thread, wherein we refer to every game as the best one in the series. Thank you.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Terper posted:

I'd like to make a request for positive thinking in the next thread, wherein we refer to every game as the best one in the series. Thank you.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Terper posted:

Can't disagree. They're all good games or they wouldn't have made so many of them.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
That's fine, every game is absolutely the best and relatively the worst.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Unless I missed an announcement, the other reason you're having trouble is because there isn't a Switch release.

Bloody Hell, I read "steam and Mobile" as "steam and Nintendo Switch" somehow. Weren't the others on Switch? Have I been saying "well I don't want those enough to pay for them right now, I'll wait for V and see if they do something about the font" about four games that don't even exist?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

To post in the new thread you need to make your feelings on Chaos known publicly.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Bloody Hell, I read "steam and Mobile" as "steam and Nintendo Switch" somehow. Weren't the others on Switch? Have I been saying "well I don't want those enough to pay for them right now, I'll wait for V and see if they do something about the font" about four games that don't even exist?

Yes

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The pixel remasters are all, for some reason, not being put on Switch. Why? Who knows. I'd buy them there if I could.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
My suspicion is that since there are six games all running on a unified code base, when they're patching an issue that's a core issue, like if they wanted to change the font, they'd have to patch them all, and they don't want to pay Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft six times over for patch distribution fees. I'm confident console ports will be announced a little while after 6PR is out.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 3, 2021

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

just play the PC versions on the Steam Deck when it comes out :eng99:

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Snow Cone Capone posted:

just play the PC versions on the Steam Deck when it comes out :eng99:

The console versions will probably be out before your Deck arrives if you haven't ordered one already lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Working on the new OP reminded me to tell everyone here something very important about FF13: everyone who wasn’t Fang, Sazh, and Lightning sucks

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
How dare you slander the good name of Colonel Jihl Nabaat, a character that probably has some voice lines somewhere I don't really know.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Lmao at when Jihl and Yaag were heavily featured in early trailers and hyped to be major antagonists. I regularly forget Yaag was even a character.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Hope more like Dope
Snow more like Thanks, no
Vanille more like I'd rather hang out in Vana'diel

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

HD DAD posted:

Lmao at when Jihl and Yaag were heavily featured in early trailers and hyped to be major antagonists. I regularly forget Yaag was even a character.

He has a cool robot fight in the last good part of the game. More than Jihil managed.

I think I said it in my last post about XIII but Eden Under Siege rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Y39gMpmI8

Such a massively underrated song.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Jihil's most important role is a mid-tier DLC boss in FFXIII-2 and that says everything about her.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I will always appreciate Jihl Nabaat for her hilarious miniature tie:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The tie is the first thing I pay attention to, yes.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

jokes posted:

Working on the new OP reminded me to tell everyone here something very important about FF13: everyone who wasn’t Fang, Sazh, and Lightning sucks

My fav FF13 detail is that they hired a lady from New Zealand to voice Vanille and then told her to do an Australian accent

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Chillgamesh posted:

My fav FF13 detail is that they hired a lady from New Zealand to voice Vanille and then told her to do an Australian accent

They're the same drat country, they need to stop pretending they arent

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Schwartzcough posted:

I will always appreciate Jihl Nabaat for her hilarious miniature tie:

It's a normal length tie, it's just tucked into her cleavage.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sesq posted:

My suspicion is that since there are six games all running on a unified code base, when they're patching an issue that's a core issue, like if they wanted to change the font, they'd have to patch them all, and they don't want to pay Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft six times over for patch distribution fees. I'm confident console ports will be announced a little while after 6PR is out.

Or they'll just bundle them together in a collection after the last one is finished. That way they just have to pay to push one update through.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Fister Roboto posted:

It's a normal length tie, it's just tucked into her cleavage.

That's what I thought at first, which would've been magical in a different way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

New FF thread is up, here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3983885

I'll probably update it intermittently here and there-- especially if someone tells me to.