Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
And besides, if this is Lori Mattix, she's consistently changed her story about her "first time," one of which is the "threesome with Bowie" story. There doesn't appear to be any evidence that they even met, let alone hosed, and the fact that she's consistently contradicted herself should indicate how big a pinch of salt is needed when hearing that story.

However, there is plenty of evidence that Mattix was in a relationship with Jimmy Page while underage, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

edogawa rando posted:

And besides, if this is Lori Mattix, she's consistently changed her story about her "first time," one of which is the "threesome with Bowie" story. There doesn't appear to be any evidence that they even met, let alone hosed, and the fact that she's consistently contradicted herself should indicate how big a pinch of salt is needed when hearing that story.

However, there is plenty of evidence that Mattix was in a relationship with Jimmy Page while underage, so there's that.

so are you saying she’s a liar or not?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Carthag Tuek posted:

you dont have to say led zeppelin is your favorite band you know

This is why my favorite band is Nirvana. The time between them getting famous and Kurt Cobain committing suicide is too short for him to really take advantage of his celebrity to do anything really hosed up and they weren't famous enough to get away with poo poo before then.

The real reason Nirvana is my favorite band is because I was a small child living in the Seattle suburbs when they became big. What I said earlier is just a happy coincidence.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

inferis posted:

so are you saying she’s a liar or not?

"the fact that she's consistently contradicted herself should indicate how big a pinch of salt is needed when hearing that story." I'd say supporting evidence or someone to corroborate her statements may be needed.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Bowie did gently caress a few underage girls back in the day, but the one that seems to be mentioned the most is the least reliable, and IMO, undermines actual victims from that period.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
David Bowie prevented young girls from studying for their social studies test because he was loving them. [1]

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
"I was very smart, broke the gentle hearts of many young virgins." - David Bowie

edogawa rando posted:

"the fact that she's consistently contradicted herself should indicate how big a pinch of salt is needed when hearing that story." I'd say supporting evidence or someone to corroborate her statements may be needed.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Bowie did gently caress a few underage girls back in the day, but the one that seems to be mentioned the most is the least reliable, and IMO, undermines actual victims from that period.

I do get what you're saying because her allegations against David Bowie seem to get the most attention (or at least they have since he died) but even if we could somehow know they were absolutely false in this particular instance she's not really undermining anything because she was still the victim of at least one other very prominent figure of the era.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 30, 2021

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Carthag Tuek posted:

you dont have to say led zeppelin is your favorite band you know
Did you miss the past tense?

normal-ass vampire
Feb 14, 2011
https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1455019295101046788?s=20

Rich people really love abusers, huh.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I wouldn't really be shocked if Kanye and the Biebz got away with some poo poo at some point.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

This Storm Shadow movie looks like poo poo

normal-ass vampire
Feb 14, 2011

CPL593H posted:

I wouldn't really be shocked if Kanye and the Biebz got away with some poo poo at some point.
That was pretty much my first thought.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Biebs is a white small town Ontarian boy so yeah

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://www.theonion.com/marilyn-manson-now-going-door-to-door-trying-to-shock-p-1819565904

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
This is an upsetting but ultimately somewhat uplifting read at least by the measure of what gets posted here. Basically Game of Thrones had no intimacy coordinators although HBO now mandates them. And Gemma Whelan talks about how insane the direction around sex scenes were.

quote:

“Almost literally. They used to just say, ‘When we shout action, go for it!’ and it could be a sort of frenzied mess,” Whelan said about the early days of filming “Thrones” sex and nude scenes. “But between the actors there was always an instinct to check in with each other. There was a scene in a brothel with a woman and she was so exposed that we talked together about where the camera would be and what she was happy with. A director might say, ‘Bit of boob biting, then slap her bum and go!’ but I’d always talk it through with the other actor.”

It's nice that apparently the actors in Whelan's experience including Alfie Allen were good about consent and figuring things out. But her anecdote is really gross. I'm not a prude sexuality in film, but I feel sometimes worried when I watch an older movie with nudity I'm seeing someone exploited.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

This is an upsetting but ultimately somewhat uplifting read at least by the measure of what gets posted here. Basically Game of Thrones had no intimacy coordinators although HBO now mandates them. And Gemma Whelan talks about how insane the direction around sex scenes were.

It's nice that apparently the actors in Whelan's experience including Alfie Allen were good about consent and figuring things out. But her anecdote is really gross. I'm not a prude sexuality in film, but I feel sometimes worried when I watch an older movie with nudity I'm seeing someone exploited.

I mean, you probably are.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I mean, you probably are.

Yeah, this is also why I just can't get the complaint from even progressive movie critics that "Movies are just so sexless these days". I mean, sure, part of it is to get that lucrative child friendly demographic but if it means actors not having to deal with who knows how much assault in order to gets some nude scenes, I'm all for it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

Yeah, this is also why I just can't get the complaint from even progressive movie critics that "Movies are just so sexless these days". I mean, sure, part of it is to get that lucrative child friendly demographic but if it means actors not having to deal with who knows how much assault in order to gets some nude scenes, I'm all for it.
I think you can do all kinds of romance that addresses real, awkward, human feelings without nudity. When I think of movies being "sexless" in a bad way it's that they seem to sanitize human interactions into these gross, sterile products free from any discomfort or genuine warmth.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rust armorer’s attorneys suggest that someone sabotaged the ammo:

quote:

We have people who had left the set, who had walked out because they were disgruntled. We have a time frame between 11 (a.m.) and 1 (p.m.), approximately, that day, in which the firearms at times were unattended, so there was opportunity to tamper with this scene.
Claiming that the ammo was unattended might not be the stellar defense the lawyer think it is.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
She's hosed, absolutely hosed, if that's the line they're resorting to to defend her. "The people who walked because of safety concerns rigged the weapon to kill someone. Because of their safety concerns."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo that's awful. "It could've been one of those insidious union do-gooders."

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

The armorer is hosed regardless of what her lawyers say. They're probably trying to contain the level of hosed-ness and go for a settlement.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

emo-ignorance posted:

They're probably trying to contain the level of hosed-ness and go for a settlement.

They should maybe try a bit harder.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Rust armorer’s attorneys suggest that someone sabotaged the ammo:

Claiming that the ammo was unattended might not be the stellar defense the lawyer think it is.

Looking forward to hearing her testimony that a bald guy in a suit and a barcode on the back of his head was skulking around the set.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

Looking forward to hearing her testimony that a bald guy in a suit and a barcode on the back of his head was skulking around the set.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

It's kind of darkly funny because in one of the older games (Blood Money), one of the methods for assassinating a certain targert* is by swapping out a prop gun for a real one in between rehearsals.

*Said target is playing Cavaradossi in a dress rehearsal of Tosca.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

They were also child sex traffickers. Like every target in hitman is a POS conveniently

As far as I can tell she was not

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Alan Smithee posted:

They were also child sex traffickers. Like every target in hitman is a POS conveniently

As far as I can tell she was not

Hitman targets being massive assholes is generally a good idea, given the games encourage playing the stages again and again to find new ways to kill them. Also, it gets really funny finding the most ironic and/or melodramatic deaths.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It's kind of darkly funny because in one of the older games (Blood Money), one of the methods for assassinating a certain targert* is by swapping out a prop gun for a real one in between rehearsals.

*Said target is playing Cavaradossi in a dress rehearsal of Tosca.

No Paggliaci? Or did The Simpsons beat them to that idea

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

uhhhhhh

Eternals credit spoiler
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfox_(comics)#Allegations_of_sexual_assault

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

It's an odd character to bring over, for sure, but I'm assuming none of that will make it to screen.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

It's an odd character to bring over, for sure, but I'm assuming none of that will make it to screen.

Eros is called Eros because his main superpower is to make people fall in love with him and/or incapacitate them by giving them literally mind-blowing orgasms. Like, that's the entire core of his character concept. I have absolutely no idea how in God's name they plan to turn him into a MCU-palatable character unless they play him for horror and make him a cosmic version of the Purple Man from Jessica Jones - and even then, it seems pretty damned unlikely.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

If Marvel scrapes the bottom of the barrel any harder they're going to make a hole in it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

Eros is called Eros because his main superpower is to make people fall in love with him and/or incapacitate them by giving them literally mind-blowing orgasms. Like, that's the entire core of his character concept. I have absolutely no idea how in God's name they plan to turn him into a MCU-palatable character unless they play him for horror and make him a cosmic version of the Purple Man from Jessica Jones - and even then, it seems pretty damned unlikely.

there's no way Harry Styles is playing a rapey villain or even anti hero. gently caress maybe they're actually going to do it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
You could maybe do him as a tragic curse like he hates that that this happens and can't form proper relationships with people because he respects consent and no one he interacts with can properly give consent, which probably mirrors Harry Styles real life to a certain amount.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

CPL593H posted:

If Marvel scrapes the bottom of the barrel any harder they're going to make a hole in it.

The hilarious thing about this is that it isn't even scraping the bottom of the barrel. Eros is the brother of Thanos, and is meant to be his heroic counterpart, because Jim Starlin read way too much Freud and didn't have enough editors going 'what the gently caress'. Date rape Superman is a package deal with the guy they picked as the MCU's main villain, because comics are loving insane.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Considering how the all-male writing and editing team of the Avengers wrote them as giddy and high-fiving when Carol Danvers was raped via mind control, it's totally on-brand.

What Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson and Dave Cockrum did with the character, and how they had her respond to the Avengers deserves more recognition, and I guess it added a nice bit of catharsis to have Danvers beat Iron Man into a coma.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

edogawa rando posted:

Considering how the all-male writing and editing team of the Avengers wrote them as giddy and high-fiving when Carol Danvers was raped via mind control, it's totally on-brand.

What Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson and Dave Cockrum did with the character, and how they had her respond to the Avengers deserves more recognition, and I guess it added a nice bit of catharsis to have Danvers beat Iron Man into a coma.

Yooo wtf

You just sent me down a real hell slide

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Comics can be problematic a.f. Not sure what else to say

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

The hilarious thing about this is that it isn't even scraping the bottom of the barrel. Eros is the brother of Thanos, and is meant to be his heroic counterpart, because Jim Starlin read way too much Freud and didn't have enough editors going 'what the gently caress'. Date rape Superman is a package deal with the guy they picked as the MCU's main villain, because comics are loving insane.

This is the kind of poo poo that happens when you have the same characters around for decades and dozens of people have to come up with poo poo to do with them in that time. I hate telling people I like comic books because they automatically assume I like this kind of trash. If you've read any superhero stories from 30-50 years ago you don't need to read anymore because they just keep putting out the same poo poo but worse every time.

edogawa rando posted:

Comics can be problematic a.f. Not sure what else to say

All the good stuff is indie/creator owned. Or written by Steve Gerber.

Also like everything else that's male dominated the comics industry is a haven of sex pests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

So it turns out that the two previous conductors of the Danish Broadcasting Corporation Girl Choir (Danmarks Radios Pigekor) have molested at least 64 girls & women from 1966 to 2010. Official complaints were lodged years ago, but not until after #metoo has anything happened.

Lots of finger pointing.

Some articles in English:
https://news.yahoo.com/danish-radio-girls-choir-report-125621946.html
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/danish-radio-girls-choir-report-unearths-sexual-misconduct-81107439