Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I got all excited about cp2077 after the Tim rogers video(s) and then it went on sale and I bought it.

it softlocked in the combat tutorial and I haven’t been back since :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you have been EPICALLY pwned

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i had to underclock a bit because it just rails the cpu, but if I drop a few multipliers it runs fine, seems to even hit the cpu less. just a complete mess of a game engine, but a beautifully crafted city

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

finished the severed steel campaign. game is sick and it’s the first time ray traced reflections have helped me out in a gameplay way when I saw an enemy coming from around a corner. the environments are fully destructible and levels look completely destroyed after an intense firefight

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i played some tokyo jungle last night for old time's sake. it holds up

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Shaggar posted:

sc1 and sc2 both still have competitive scenes, but sc1 is pretty much korea only and sc2 is propped up pretty much entirely by old people like me who enjoy watching it.

wc3 i think is dead cause the remake was so bad.

aoe4 just came out so i doubt anyone knows whats gonna happen with it.

there have been a handful of attempts at other RTSes, but none have come close to the success of the starcrafts. a few years back activision killed off the starcraft 2 team and its pretty much on life support now. a bunch of the devs left and formed their own studios so we're waiting to see what happens there.

Company of Heroes 2 was decent but never seemed to quite match the first one. It's a pity, the CoH mechanics are great

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

enjoying gloomhaven the video game

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

pointsofdata posted:

Company of Heroes 2 was decent but never seemed to quite match the first one. It's a pity, the CoH mechanics are great

CoH 2 was good, but when it came out I was horribly fatigued on wwii and still don’t have any interest in revisiting that setting

wouldn’t mind a non-DoW sci-fi rts with that engine though

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I have been sucked back in by dyson sphere program

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I picked up Diablo II on my console and it's real good. I have five skeletons just loving up everyone's poo poo when I enter a new cave.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

since i discovered touch enabled Xbox cloud games I’ve been playing octopath on my iPhone

I want to like dsp, but it runs like rear end on my laptop

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I loved coh 1 but 2 couldn't recapture the magic

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SUPER HOT TAINT

from https://www.alphabetagamer.com/my-way-downloadable-game/

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

if you have an twitch prime account you can get control ultimate edition on gog for free.

other games for free: dragon age: inquisition on origin and rise of the tomb raider on epic.

https://gaming.amazon.com/intro

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ooh, good call. kingdom of amalur is on ps+, too. there's a bunch of other stuff but that's the only one that i remember being kinda excited to play, cause i spent a few hours with it back in the day on PC and it was pretty fun

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

SUPER HOT TAINT

my clinical diagnoses are subject to dr/patient privilege as well as HIPAA laws, please do it post them here

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh no the silliness is spreading

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1456254921808834565

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
whenever i see "elden" i think of the painter from murphy brown

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i've been playing tokyo jungle this week, i think the first time around i bounced off because i was playing predators when grazers are way more fun. also it's a good podcast listening game

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I got all excited about cp2077 after the Tim rogers video(s) and then it went on sale and I bought it.

it softlocked in the combat tutorial and I haven’t been back since :smith:

:mediocre:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

what’s special about this

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's a highly anticipated video game from a studio with a very good track record. what more do you need?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

more like smelden ring!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

haveblue posted:

it's a highly anticipated video game from a studio with a very good track record. what more do you need?

never heard of it

video looks pretty, but boring

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i hope elden ring is better than the bad games dark souls part two and bloodborne

i will buy it on sale for not very much money. then i will play it for ten minutes or so and then declare it (and not me, importantly) to be bad.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

oh, it’s the dark souls guys

yeah, definitely don’t care

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

The Fool posted:

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

souls games are the only games i have patience to play these days. the lack of cutscenes, dialog, tedious sidequests, and generally obscure story is perfect for my lack of attention span. i finished ds1, 2 and 3 during the pandemic. 2 is definitely the weird one, it's actually good but the beginning area sucks.

i like the happy chemical when i finally get to the next bonfire or finally kill that boss

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 4, 2021

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i was never really a souls guy (played like halfway through the first one when it came out) and then one day went through and played through all of bloodborne and absolutely loved it

i will probably play elden ring

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Fool posted:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the big thing that frustrates me in video games is having to re-do something i feel like i've already mastered. i don't mind throwing myself against the same obstacle dozens of times, but once i get that on lock, if i have to beat that obstacle _and_ the next one i'm just like "nah this is bullshit, i beat it, stop making me do it over and over"

as far as i can tell, dark souls games are "solve A. then solve A and B. then solve A and B and C. then solve A and B and C and D. lol now A killed you again." i know shortcuts open up and stuff, but i think that kind of game is just very much not for me

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Achmed Jones posted:

the big thing that frustrates me in video games is having to re-do something i feel like i've already mastered. i don't mind throwing myself against the same obstacle dozens of times, but once i get that on lock, if i have to beat that obstacle _and_ the next one i'm just like "nah this is bullshit, i beat it, stop making me do it over and over"

when you finish a souls game, you've actually played through the entire thing probably 3-4 times by then

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dork souls
suckerio
shitborne
demon suck

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

not very long ago someone posted about a modern transport tycoon style game that looked pretty good

I wanted to try it but don’t remember the name

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
blechiro
dudborne

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

The Fool posted:

not very long ago someone posted about a modern transport tycoon style game that looked pretty good

was it https://store.steampowered.com/app/1066780/Transport_Fever_2/ ?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

The Fool posted:

it was me :buddy:

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i started playing transport fever 2 and it's definitely a cities: skylines update of transport tycoon / openttd

]

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

awesome that’s it, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i started playing transport fever 2 and it's definitely a cities: skylines update of transport tycoon / openttd

]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV0edD_Gsw8