Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Man this "Haha, you missed the early free period! Pay us or wait until midnight!" poo poo loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
it ends up on regular sites almost instantly

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh, so he's Saitama Nicholas. Okay.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Really good at punching, so strong that he can't find a decent opponent...isn't this just first part of the Carlos fight all over again?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's a classic characterisation for a punch mans manga.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
"Lolong is probably a master of soft style combat" - Kazzy, 2021

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

"Lolong is probably a master of soft style combat" - Kazzy, 2021

Being able to go limp in the bones counts as soft style, possibly?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Seeing as they show his attack working against Toa, the guy with his own totally proprietary non Niko redirection technique style power, I wonder if it’s something to do with confusing the defender about where they’ll be hit and having the redirection increase the power of the hit rather than disperse it.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
He..rotates his shoulders? The illustration of that looks so weird

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Catpetter1981 posted:

Being able to go limp in the bones counts as soft style, possibly?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
New chapter is out.
New layers of bullshit.
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/EtlkYqN/1/1/

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Getting the worm tattoo on your eyeball is a new level of stupid

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Worm used to be a threat like The Hand but now they're sliding down to The Foot clan on the danger scale as time goes on.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Rolon is cool and good imo

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The fight's going fine and I'm at least happy that Rolon isn't another loving Worm, but I have to say that every time they reveal another Worm branch I care about them less.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

The Worm used to be a threat like The Hand but now they're sliding down to The Foot clan on the danger scale as time goes on.

I don't know. The fact that they managed to slip not one, not two, but three worm agents into Purgatory without the master worm killer Rolon Donaire noticing seems like a huge feat. Imagine how he never noticed Lu Tian's tongue tattoo nor suspected that all three undercover worm agents hail from china (or mainland asia in the case of Naidan).

God I would kill to go back to the moment when Kazzy went into his house and Xia was just standing in his living room like he owned the place.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I think allowing Xia to become a jobber clown idiot was ultimately a mistake, because while it let the manga sell the return of Ohma and Rian as unstoppable badasses, it also let a lot of air out of the "the worm is full of really threatening monsters" balloon.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Xia and his nameless flunkies had our former main character, Koga, on the brink of defeat. They came very close to straight-up executing Kazzy. The rest of the Worm talks a ton of poo poo about Xia, but he felt like way more of a direct threat than all of these Worm folks who are either lurking sinisterly in the shadows all the time or engaging in one-on-one no-killing-allowed fights in a tournament over the ownership of the Kengan Association. And ever since the moment Ohma returned and effortlessly undid that near-death situation, he's been nothing but a joke.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Koga should just use his Super Eyes to become a professional baseball player or something. Gotta be other uses for "being able to quickly process fast-moving things" other than fighting.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He likes fighting though

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He likes fighting though

He could make millions playing professional athlete sports and indulge in underground death matches as a past-time, like Gaolang and Okubo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He doesn't want to make millions though he wants to fight

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm going to say it if nobody else is. This fight sucks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Lol if Ohma dies from overusing the advance AGAIN

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Brought To You By posted:

I'm going to say it if nobody else is. This fight sucks.

this is every Ohma fight except maybe the Cosmo one

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cool fight honestly like a lot of the later Ohma fights from Asura.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
This fight owns

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I thought this chapter was pretty good to be honest

Even with a replaced heart Ohma still can't use the advance really because probably the rest of his circulatory system is still messed up.

But that hit on Rolon was just DOPE

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lol, so I guess Rolons thing is using extremely basic and simple moves that turn into overwhelmingly powerful and nigh-unstoppable techniques just by the virtue of Rolon being THAT awesome

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

Lol, so I guess Rolons thing is using extremely basic and simple moves that turn into overwhelmingly powerful and nigh-unstoppable techniques just by the virtue of Rolon being THAT awesome

Sounds good to me. Rolan being just another punchman, an astonishingly good one without any fancy bullcrap is fine, have him just be tough as nails with his own school of silat and just dunk with it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

So you're saying he's like Kuroki?

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
This chapter was okay, some nice moves, but Rolon's still ultra boring to me.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Scallop Eyes posted:

This chapter was okay, some nice moves, but Rolon's still ultra boring to me.

I think Rolon has an issue where he is not built up like Kuroki is, Kuroki we got to see involved in multiple fights before the big one,

Rihito -> Whatshisface the speed guy -> Kanoh -> Only then Ohma, He got a lot of build up in taking down other known fighters who had cool gimmicks utilizing his strong fundamentals.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rolon was a mysterious guy who sat in the back making cryptic remarks. however, that also describes like half of the purgatory fighters. there was nothing to distinguish him from all of the previous dudes who popped in while someone or other hyped up how strong they were. it really feels like the details for the purgatory crew were made up as the arc progressed.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The format of this purgatory tournament hurts the new characters a lot because they only really have 1 fight to show off unlike the fighters from Ashura. Like, some guys with big enough personalities can get away with just having 1 fight like Nicholas or the deadly doctor from Ashura but the more subdued guys ain't getting as much opportunity to be more fleshed out.

Like I don't think Rolon is that much more boring than Round 1 Kuroki or anything but he's already here in the final match without having the time to become Round 4 Kuroki. I still like him though because this feels like a fight with a story that isn't just opposing gimmicks or a clash of similar styles and there hasn't been a whole lot of that this tournament.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This could have been alleviated by having the worm sub-plot have Rolon just showing up to snuff out some agents after any of the other purgatory fighters got outed as worms. I'd say have Rolon sniff out another white-tattoo agent since I still rate Naidan fairly high out of the purgatory fighters so it would give someone a nice short fight against Rolon that could also have been used to hint towards his very strong usage of elbows or just ending fights in the fewest possible moves compared to what Ohma has endured.

To compare to another series I think Record of Ragnorak does better on occasion with introducing a character really the chapter their fight starts but strongly characterizing them while also providing a suitable showcase of their abilities. If you are interested I'd say that Adam vs Zeus is an easy top fight. Jack the Ripper vs Hercules is good characterization although a bit silly. Buddha vs Lu Tian was good as well it still has some stinkers but compared to the the Purgatory fight which has the same 13 v 13 format it understands how better to present each fight compared to how Kengan Omega has done it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The weakest fight in Ragnarok was Thor v Lu Bu and it was still pretty solid.

This style of tournament can definitely be done super well (most tournament arcs are like it) but I don't think it plays to Kengan's strengths.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'll be fine with it when rolon joins the friend group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol at the zoom in on ohma's arse this chapter