Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm wondering if she merely saw the truth of things with Zoss astride the wheel, and Turning it as he pleased, and hosed up trying to kill herself to subjectively bail on the current Loop.

not a bad theory either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I think there isn’t much more to it than she’s literally omniscient, including all permutations of the spinning wheel, and such godlike knowledge was too much for her mortal form to handle. That knowledge is now a script she feels compelled to follow.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

This sounds a lot like Tower of God.

As long as Abbadon doesn't contrive a million rules based challenges so the MC gets a tournament bracket every arc I'd read it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Jagganoth at this point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eQvPZ59sXw

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

I reread this page (White Chain being prepared for the showdown) and noticed the quote from Yaun. This is (maybe?) a nice bit of foreshadowing, as while WC and Dave are getting ready for their "honorable" and ritualized duel, at the same time Jaggs is gearing up for his arrival - and nearly everyone shown during this sequence is already a dead man.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Kill Six Billion Demons is about God trying to microwave a burrito so hot that not even He could eat it, and the psychotic freaks who aspire to be that burrito that burns God’s mouth.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Dr Christmas posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons is about God trying to microwave a burrito so hot that not even He could eat it, and the psychotic freaks who aspire to be that burrito that burns God’s mouth.

the wheel is just the rotating plate thing in the microwave that no-one wants to clean

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

the wheel is just the rotating plate thing in the microwave that no-one wants to clean

Jagganoth is very explicitly trying to clean it with the ultimate brillo pad and dish detergent.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Brought To You By posted:

Jagganoth is very explicitly trying to clean it with the ultimate brillo pad and dish detergent.

It’s more like the plate is dirty, so Jagganoth bought a baseball bat and wants to smash the whole microwave to pieces. Also it overcooked his hot pocket so the only microwave worth using is the one he’ll build. It’ll be better, you’ll see.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Bussamove posted:

It’s more like the plate is dirty, so Jagganoth bought a baseball bat and wants to smash the whole microwave to pieces. Also it overcooked his hot pocket so the only microwave worth using is the one he’ll build. It’ll be better, you’ll see.

To further extend the analogy, if one points out to Jaggs that he doesn't know how to build a microwave and that smashing the only microwave they have will just lead to everyone being hungry because nobody can cook hot pockets anymore, he'll respond that it's better to take that chance than it is to keep eating the same lovely overcooked hot pockets every day. And if you try to point out it's his own drat fault the hot pockets are always overcooked because he didn't learn how to cook them correctly, he'll insist that even if he tried cooking them a different way, they'd still end up overcooked because there's something wrong with the microwave, not his cooking method.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

W.T. Fits posted:

To further extend the analogy, if one points out to Jaggs that he doesn't know how to build a microwave and that smashing the only microwave they have will just lead to everyone being hungry because nobody can cook hot pockets anymore, he'll respond that it's better to take that chance than it is to keep eating the same lovely overcooked hot pockets every day. And if you try to point out it's his own drat fault the hot pockets are always overcooked because he didn't learn how to cook them correctly, he'll insist that even if he tried cooking them a different way, they'd still end up overcooked because there's something wrong with the microwave, not his cooking method.

Nah you got it wrong. Most people are getting a bit hungry before using the microwave to heat their hot pockets. Jagganoth will end the injustice of hunger by making sure nobody ever feels hungry again.

This may or may not be done through starvation.

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1456390560579739648

"Second part tomorrow" according to the next tweet.

Darth Various fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 4, 2021

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
salami dave punching people through universes, incredible

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

drat did he get so angry he figured out how to punch his way straight into Throne

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

It's going to be a weird aftermath if Salami Dave kills Jags and himself

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Shugojin posted:

drat did he get so angry he figured out how to punch his way straight into Throne

It's been done at least once before.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Comedy option: Dave punches him straight to where the sole surviving other Ki-Rata dude is and they double punch him to death then explode.

Not actually going to happen because a footnote character is not narratively appropriate for a moment like this but lol.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It's going to be a weird aftermath if Salami Dave kills Jags and himself

They'd still have to deal with Metatron and his angels so who knows?

also :hellyeah:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
is Jaggs horny for pain too or just for death?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

solomon seems upset

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Shouldn't Jaggs be three times as powerful as any of the other surviving demiurges right now? Is Dave just that pissed off?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Daktar posted:

Shouldn't Jaggs be three times as powerful as any of the other surviving demiurges right now? Is Dave just that pissed off?

he's using a forbidden technique that's gonna burn him from the inside, I think supercharged Dave is up there

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Demiurges aren't powerful because they have keys.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Cool

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Daktar posted:

The secret names of God are an exceptionally sharp rock. Jaggs is now armed with MANY sharp rocks, but what good is a rock against a fist that stops time, backed by a rage so strong that Dave is willing to end himself in order to slay his foe?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Daktar posted:

I don't think you can like linearly measure the power of characters in K6BD or how much stronger a key makes a person. Someone with three keys is in some way stronger then they would be doing the exact same thing with one key, but afaik that's about as much as you say definitively.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Yeah, I've been thinking for Jagg as 3 times stronger before this, but they didn't get powerful from the keys, they got the keys because they were powerful. Makes sense that super Saiyan 10 Salami could at least gently caress up Jagg somewhat.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'm pretty sure dave killed a guy with a fair amount of keys when he himself had none

yemmod, storm-crowned, got owned by some dude who was really good at yoga

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
love the brief appearance of Akira Toriyama's favourite wasteland battleground on page 2

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Shugojin posted:

Did he just reach heaven through violence?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

And here we thought "topple Throne" was figurative and not Throne getting knocked sideways and everybody falling off into the Void.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Scenes are cool as hell artistically but really ready for this whole sequence to be over and move on to the aftermath.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Comedy option: Dave punches him straight to where the sole surviving other Ki-Rata dude is and they double punch him to death then explode.

Not actually going to happen because a footnote character is not narratively appropriate for a moment like this but lol.

God that would be amazing. Even though those two are basically mortal enemies he just sees this naked manbaby flying towards him with Solomon not far behind and goes Kaio-ken x10 to join him. :allears: I'd love it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Scenes are cool as hell artistically but really ready for this whole sequence to be over and move on to the aftermath.

Is this a joke?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Honestly kind of agree. I'm very interested in "how's Allison gonna get out of this worst of jams?" moreso than Dave's suicide run. I mean I'm loving Dave opening the Eighth Gate but it's not the thing I want to see most atm.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Is this a joke?

Not at all. Depending on how this scene ends, I'm leaning towards "Operant has made serious missteps as a story teller". Particularly, I'm beginning to feel that even if Solomon David's last stand here is a net good, even if this is meant to be part of the throughline of "your struggle should be a terrible fire that spreads to others etc etc", there has been so much goddamn time framing the camera squarely on Solomon David and his struggles and his angst and his grief and how goddamn cool he is that I feel that Operant, as a storyteller, has a certain level of culpability for just how often people hoodwink themselves into supporting Dave. Are the plebs just too dumb to get the story and its themes, or has the storyteller muddled their own point too much with poor framing?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's been four updates

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
maybe you should wait until the comic ends and read a wiki summary

or a fantasy book

I'll be here, waiting eagerly for panels that look like they're airbrushed on the side of the most incredible van the 1970s has to offer

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I was going to say "it's only been 4 updated about Dave, at most it'll probably just be 5-6 then we'll be moving on" but I guess compared to Mammon's two updates and Mottom's whopping one update, it is a bit more stretched out. I guess that being said the story up until Jagg dropped in was very focused on Dave so this is likely trying to pull double duty of resolving both the Dave and Jagg stories together at once.

And while I also kind of agree that this is maybe glorifying Dave a bit too much, saying it's a "serious misstep as a story teller" seems real fuckin drastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

I was going to say "it's only been 4 updated about Dave, at most it'll probably just be 5-6 then we'll be moving on" but I guess compared to Mammon's two updates and Mottom's whopping one update, it is a bit more stretched out. I guess that being said the story up until Jagg dropped in was very focused on Dave so this is likely trying to pull double duty of resolving both the Dave and Jagg stories together at once.

And while I also kind of agree that this is maybe glorifying Dave a bit too much, saying it's a "serious misstep as a story teller" seems real fuckin drastic

It's not just about these four pages. It's about the entire last chapter as well. We have spent an awful lot of time having sympathy for the devil and really zooming in on how goddamn cool he is.

Maaaaaybe there's a reason why we keep having to disable comments because there's too many Dave supporters.

shirts and skins posted:

maybe you should wait until the comic ends and read a wiki summary

or a fantasy book

I'll be here, waiting eagerly for panels that look like they're airbrushed on the side of the most incredible van the 1970s has to offer

Nah. It's important to engage critically with the media you consume. Even, and especially, the media you like.