Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Plebian Parasite posted:

Minimaps are only good if they are fixed north.

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

Japanese public maps are not fixed orientation which is absolutey loving infuriating to use

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Barudak posted:

Japanese public maps are not fixed orientation which is absolutey loving infuriating to use

What the gently caress.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Plebian Parasite posted:

I want google driving maps to default to up = north

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I want all game devs to join hands, and finally decide, is the confirm button on the right or on the bottom...

I also want all game devs to join hands, and finally decide, do the subtitles options belong in “display”, “sound”, or (recent addition) “accessibility”...

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Move over Ori

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMWS9_fQFkw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Plebian Parasite posted:

Wtf???

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

minimap in souls games pls

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh so your kind does exist

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Minimaps in souls is a terrible idea. First off the areas are all tiny. Second you need to pay attention to the screen. Thirdly minimaps suck poo poo. Fourthly half the story is the environments

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Gaius Marius posted:

Minimaps in souls is a terrible idea. First off the areas are all tiny. Second you need to pay attention to the screen. Thirdly minimaps suck poo poo. Fourthly half the story is the environments

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Metis of the Hallways posted:

I went into a pin-buying frenzy a few weeks ago and today I have reaped the benefits as two of the stores I ordered from seem to have accidentally included extra pins in their shipment. I hit the pin jackpot, baby!!

Post the pins

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Once Bloodborne hits pc, we’re gonna see mods like this (after all the “have sex with the level up doll” ones get made I guess)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

gah

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I really dunno if I can finish up Dead Space 1, here. I'm at chapter 8, and the basic gameplay loop has started to wear awfully thin. I guess it's not unusual for a game to have a sagging middle like this, but the plotline boiling down to "please fix the science gizmo in the next area" and the genuine lack of enemy variety is making the game drag like an anchor.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

Post the pins

The ones on the right are what I ordered, the left are the extras

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like the moon phases one.

Are those chain together stingrays?

Also, are the designs in the 2nd column just hands?

e: how do you display your pins? I've been thinking about getting a banner to hang mine on so they can actually be displayed and not hidden in a box.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Maps good.
Gps bad.

Maps should also be items you find.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
much like cute plush, enamel pins are something I'm afraid to browse too much lest i go on a ridiculous shopping spree

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Charles 1998 posted:

Maps good.
Gps bad.

i'm genuinely looking forward to finding all the pieces of elden ring's map. that sounds cool and fun

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
you should have to draw your own map in elden ring

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Charles 1998 posted:

Maps good.
Gps bad.

:hai:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Kerrzhe posted:

i'm genuinely looking forward to finding all the pieces of elden ring's map. that sounds cool and fun

You have to climb radio towers to find them

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

I like the moon phases one.

Are those chain together stingrays?

Also, are the designs in the 2nd column just hands?

e: how do you display your pins? I've been thinking about getting a banner to hang mine on so they can actually be displayed and not hidden in a box.

Yeah they're chained together, I wanted something to wear on the collar of a shirt. I think the chain is detachable too so I could wear them separately as well. The other ones are indeed hands, kinda vampire-y witchy hands. I dunno about those, they're a bit creepy for me.

I have no idea how to display them, this is the first time I've bought pins! Once upon a time I had a jewellery stand but I got rid of it and now all my jewellery (not that I have much) is just in boxes, so that's probably where the pins will end up too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'll usually try and turn 'em off...

but unfortunately I think they've sorta become a design crutch and "how will the player know where to go" is just sorta an afterthought sometimes because hey the minimap is right there

compasses (the horizontal HUD type) can be an okay compromise

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
luigi's mansion has a great map, i'm replaying it and forgot how much i appreciate the photorealistic game boy colorhorror border on it and the other menus, plus the little bouncing luigi head

Yeah they're chained together, I wanted something to wear on the collar of a shirt. I think the chain is detachable too so I could wear them separately as well. The other ones are indeed hands, kinda vampire-y witchy hands. I dunno about those, they're a bit creepy for me.

I have no idea how to display them, this is the first time I've bought pins! Once upon a time I had a jewellery stand but I got rid of it and now all my jewellery (not that I have much) is just in boxes, so that's probably where the pins will end up too.

i got a cheapo cork board specifically for pins because too many of them were just ending up in a drawer

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The other ones are indeed hands, kinda vampire-y witchy hands. I dunno about those, they're a bit creepy for me.

They look like if you put them next to each other they'll form a heart at least

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

much like cute plush, enamel pins are something I'm afraid to browse too much lest i go on a ridiculous shopping spree

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1001433474/pride-dragon-bagons-a-draconic-quest

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

They look like if you put them next to each other they'll form a heart at least

oh you're right, that's actually really cute!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vermain posted:

I really dunno if I can finish up Dead Space 1, here. I'm at chapter 8, and the basic gameplay loop has started to wear awfully thin. I guess it's not unusual for a game to have a sagging middle like this, but the plotline boiling down to "please fix the science gizmo in the next area" and the genuine lack of enemy variety is making the game drag like an anchor.

Genuinely shocked I'm not the only goon playing this right now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

Genuinely shocked I'm not the only goon playing this right now

I imagine a few people replayed it probably because of october and the announcement of the remake

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16cxOv2KGLE
Repostin'

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FirstAidKite posted:

I imagine a few people replayed it probably because of october and the announcement of the remake

Oh I didn't hear they were remaking it, neat

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is an attack.

Also I get to play more FFVII tonight and am pretty excited to see whatever is coming next. I am in Costa Del Sol. (Had an accident with the football and am trying to escape)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Had an accident with the football

This is not what I would call abusing Red XIII! :argh:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

This is not what I would call abusing Red XIII! :argh:

I just wanted to play football with my Costa Del Sol friends. Not kick it repeatedly into Red XIII. :(

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

I just wanted to play football with my Costa Del Sol friends. Not kick it repeatedly into Red XIII. :(

Big Boy is now Hurt Boy. You monster.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Great. I'm going to have to get one for my son now.

I wish there was a non-binary one, so my adopted other child could have one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Doesn't pass the pub test unfortunately as you went back for 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I thought I was pointing the wrong way. I did not know Cloud would deliberately kick the ball at Red every time.