Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Gizmo gets turned into a vampire and his slayer genes cause him to immediately stake himself in the heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Thumposaurus posted:

Gizmo gets turned into a vampire and his slayer genes cause him to immediately stake himself in the heart.

Nandor leans in to kiss bite Gizmo, but Gizmo has a pencil in his pocket and it accidentally stakes Nandor.

Gizmo falls to his knees, screams in grief and pain as his almost lover dies in his arms, Colin Robinsons head explodes from the emotion overload.

Lazlo and Nadia are forced to disappear, but unrelatedly the Jackies Daytona open a new bar.

OR: Emotional Vampires are made when a Super-Vampire hunter gets turned into a vampire, and Colin Robinson was originally Bram Stoker.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

jan actually finds a cure for vampirism and nandor ends up as gizmos familiar

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Buffy bursts in and stakes everyone

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

Buffy bursts in and stakes everyone

gently caress, this should be the actual ending

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Happens in like two seconds. Gizmo walks in off camera and wonders where everyone went, looking perplexed at the camera crew.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Hakkesshu posted:

"Who ARE you?"
"Oh, I'm Sarah"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Well she won't kill them all, question is, which of the vampires will she gently caress?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Khanstant posted:

Well she won't kill them all, question is, which of the vampires will she gently caress?

Blade.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

It would be great viral marketing for the new Blade movie

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
having a real "First Time They Understood The Joke Of Bart Simpson (Rude)" moment about Spike's name rn

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Donal Logue

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I think the Atlantic City episode is my favorite overall of the series. I love Nandor getting addicted to the Big Bang Theory slot machine and then seeing the show: "It's very faithful to the slot machine."

When Nadja got excited about reuniting with the Rat Pack, did anyone else instantly assume she was talking about a literal pack of rats?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

"Who ARE you?"
"Oh, I'm Sarah"

gently caress yeah Sarah Michelle Gellar playing herself would be an amazing guest spot. Could have a thing where she doesn't have any powers or anything but because all Vampires are stupid and don't really understand pop culture the entire vampire world is terrified of her and just let her do whatever.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Donal (chatting idly while painting) :"So, yeah, hey, funny story, but I know Sarah from way back..."

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

One thing that does stand out for me this season is that I thought Kristen Schaal was going to have something deeper to her character. In the opening episode I felt like she was setting up the gang to fail, that her trying to seduce Guillermo was part of something, and in the last episode I really thought that she was trying to send Nandor away so that he would "accidentally" die quickly on his trip. Unless that was all very long-game set up for next season or something.

I like Schaal and I liked how she was used back in the first season, but her character just felt superfluous for a lot of her appearances.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

loving Guide!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

her character just felt superfluous for a lot of her appearances.

Can't disagree. I'm not unhappy she was there, but she was so superfluous and underdeveloped that I was expecting some big twist with her. She felt less like a character and more like a plot device to keep the story moving, and I don't think the quality of the season would have been affected at all had she not been there. Also kinda feel the same way about the Nadja doll, but I think that one works better because it just adds some occasional color to the world.

I could write out a fairly long list of nitpicks about this season, but at the end of the day it was still my favorite show of the year and I'm on board for whatever they want to throw at me next. I just hope it's a little bit more consistent and tight next season.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
All you loving humans think vampires work on your schedule? You don't understand. Why? because you're not a vampire Guillermo.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Kristen Schaal's character is going to remain in the house to show us how amazingly successful whoever comes in to lead the Vampiric Council is compared to Nadja et al for whenever they all come back to the house.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Glass of Milk posted:

Kristen Schaal's character is going to remain in the house to show us how amazingly successful whoever comes in to lead the Vampiric Council is compared to Nadja et al for whenever they all come back to the house.

As the sole remaining member, Lazlo again tells her “gently caress no” when she suggests he has to run things. She then proceeds to keep “stopping by” for “advice” from him instead, meaning he ends up running the local Council without realizing it, thus making it the best run Council in vampiric history.

Nadja gets given the mission to return to America and bump off this local Council leader whose success is making the world Council look bad, never dreaming that Lazlo of all people is the target. Hilarity ensues.

That’s the real question: will they make more use of Schaal’s character next season? Because they laid some groundwork here for that, right down to her strange unhealthy attraction to Guillermo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I somehow missed she had a thing for gizmo lol

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I don’t understand why people enjoy Kristen Schaal. She’s always been the least funny character in every show I’ve seen her in. Is it just a Bob’s Burgers thing?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
She's really funny and I like her comedy and characters and voice. I would even eat Carol's raisinballs in Last Man on Earth and marry her and not be a big tandy about it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Robobot posted:

I don’t understand why people enjoy Kristen Schaal. She’s always been the least funny character in every show I’ve seen her in. Is it just a Bob’s Burgers thing?

I like her in everything else, but on this show her clunky accent kills her humor for me. If she was just using her own voice I'd probably be way more into the character. Do you not even like her in Conchords?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

feedmyleg posted:

I like her in everything else, but on this show her clunky accent kills her humor for me. If she was just using her own voice I'd probably be way more into the character. Do you not even like her in Conchords?

It's the opposite for me - usually I find her annoying, but I like her in this show. Can't really explain why, but I do.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

I love Kristen Schaal. Weird accent. Not weird accents. It’s all great for me.

Totally get why it wouldn’t be everyone’s thing, but I love it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Senor Tron posted:

gently caress yeah Sarah Michelle Gellar playing herself would be an amazing guest spot. Could have a thing where she doesn't have any powers or anything but because all Vampires are stupid and don't really understand pop culture the entire vampire world is terrified of her and just let her do whatever.

She started out playing a vampire hunter on TV, but fell in love with the lifestyle while researching her roll and as like "well gently caress guess I'm doing this for real now"

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Narsham posted:

As the sole remaining member, Lazlo again tells her “gently caress no” when she suggests he has to run things. She then proceeds to keep “stopping by” for “advice” from him instead, meaning he ends up running the local Council without realizing it, thus making it the best run Council in vampiric history.

Nadja gets given the mission to return to America and bump off this local Council leader whose success is making the world Council look bad, never dreaming that Lazlo of all people is the target. Hilarity ensues.

That’s the real question: will they make more use of Schaal’s character next season? Because they laid some groundwork here for that, right down to her strange unhealthy attraction to Guillermo.

Laszlo is roped in to running the council with Nadja and Nandor gone. Having his hands full with Baby Colin Robinson and not wanting to do it in general, he ropes The Baron and The Sire into doing all the work.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

feedmyleg posted:

Nope. I just don’t find her funny I guess. I’ve never watched her standup out anything though. Maybe it’s just the characters she plays.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Robobot posted:

I mentioned it already in this thread, but I’m with you. Can’t stand her awful squeaky voice

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Khanstant posted:

I somehow missed she had a thing for gizmo lol

It was only one quick part of one scene. If there was anything else I didn't notice it. Maybe there were some deleted scenes or interview cutaways that built it up more.

VVVV I really missed that line VVVV

Lister fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 7, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Nah she mentions jerking him off too

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

She started out playing a vampire hunter on TV, but fell in love with the lifestyle while researching her roll and as like "well gently caress guess I'm doing this for real now"

She's been chasing Donal for years and stopped by because she tracked him there recently.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not a fan of Kristen Schaal but I also don't dislike her! She is fine.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Polygon knows what's up.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/the_stuart_h/status/1457370279332786184?s=21

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's pretty good but Matt Berry would pronounce lasagna in ways the human mind can't even comprehend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

poo poo, he's right, he's so right, Hollywood got it all wrong.