Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cats
May 11, 2009

fit em all up in there posted:

If you mean get rid of, when I was redoing my island I just time crimed and moved the campsite to get rid of them. Costs alot but I had money to burn

Good news - moving buildings only costs 10k now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I finally get Redd set up on Harv's island and both his paintings for the day are fakes. Real cool.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I feel like they've added more dialogue for villagers as well?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Rookie question: is there a way to confirm that Animal Crossings has the latest update downloaded and installed? Is there a version check somewhere that is easy to find?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

SilentChaz posted:

Redd still had the exact same two fakes from yesterday when I checked the co-op at Harv's Island this morning. :negative:

Same thing happened to me. Does it not refresh daily?

Hughmoris posted:

Rookie question: is there a way to confirm that Animal Crossings has the latest update downloaded and installed? Is there a version check somewhere that is easy to find?

The version number shows up on the title screen. You can also hover over the game and press the + button on the switch Home Screen to check for the latest version.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Just realized: We didn't get any of the extra tropical fruits from New Leaf, did we? :(

fit em all up in there posted:

If you mean get rid of, when I was redoing my island I just time crimed and moved the campsite to get rid of them. Costs alot but I had money to burn
Probably cheaper and quicker (at least in the sense of not waiting a day or time travelling) to put down a trash can near the flowers and just dump the flowers into it as you shovel them up.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

I feel like they've added more dialogue for villagers as well?

They’ve been mentioning who is visiting the island which I think is new.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I haven't been able to test it yet, but I did see somebody commenting online that each player on the same console gets a different set of islands for the DLC.

I really hope this is the case, otherwise my two girls are going to be very upset that they're not going to just get to do whatever they want in the DLC.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Oxyclean posted:

Just realized: We didn't get any of the extra tropical fruits from New Leaf, did we? :(

Probably cheaper and quicker (at least in the sense of not waiting a day or time travelling) to put down a trash can near the flowers and just dump the flowers into it as you shovel them up.

With the amount of flowers I had, and how impaitent I can be, it was faster for me :V

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am in need of visiting an island with Redd, or I need a real painting that I can donate to my museum. I don't have the art exhibit up yet so I can't have the cafe. :( If anyone can help me out, let me know.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I have some real paintings. Lemme just pull them out of storage.

Dodo code in PGS

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SilentChaz posted:

Dodo code in PGS

Thank you! I am coming on over right now.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

So happy

https://twitter.com/kaiju_sommelier/status/1456630227547820043?s=21

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SilentChaz posted:

Dodo code in PGS

Thank you! Got a painting. Now I can have my cafe. Next is to just wait for the DLC to launch. :D

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

So how do we activate the happy home stuff?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

So how do we activate the happy home stuff?

Might need to close and re-open the game. When you load in, you'll get a call from the Nook that drags you to the airport.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

Might need to close and re-open the game. When you load in, you'll get a call from the Nook that drags you to the airport.

Ok thanks!

I’m at Harv’s island and someone donated to one of the merchants, that’s unexpected

Edit: wait what are the “GO for Delivery/Liquidation” options from the pilot?

Edit 2: storage and selling off items!?

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 5, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I finally get Redd set up on Harv's island and both his paintings for the day are fakes. Real cool.

They make great gifts!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I didn't think I was gonna have fun with the home designer DLC, but it's kind of neat - I was worried I was going to be overwhelmed, but it the theme and required items help, plus at least with the first two clients, I've had a somewhat limited amount of other things to work with?

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Edit: wait what are the “GO for Delivery/Liquidation” options from the pilot?

Edit 2: storage and selling off items!?

I think that's been there for awhile, but only at Harv's island?

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 5, 2021

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Electric Phantasm posted:

How do you do this?

In the Nintendo Switch Online (NSO) app, go to the Island Newspaper section and scroll to the bottom. It won’t work if your system date doesn’t match the real date though.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I got Lief at Harv’s island today but I can’t find a visitor on my island. I’m wondering if Lief was supposed to be the visitor but since he had to be at Harv’s island now I have nobody? Seems weird but ok. I’ve searched every square foot of my island and found nobody.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
If someone is scheduled to be at your island they abandon Harvey’s island; had Redd ship today and his trailer was vacant

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nemo2342 posted:

In the Nintendo Switch Online (NSO) app, go to the Island Newspaper section and scroll to the bottom. It won’t work if your system date doesn’t match the real date though.

Holy poo poo

Don't know why it doesn't have last night's or this morning's prices but still holy poo poo

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Desperate Character posted:

If someone is scheduled to be at your island they abandon Harvey’s island; had Redd ship today and his trailer was vacant

Yeah, and when Leif set up his stall for me he explicitly said “I’ll be here when I’m not visiting your island.”

Has anyone that TTS figured out when Redd’s art and presumably the shop keepers inventory rotate if it’s not daily? I assume it’s weekly instead?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

J-Spot posted:

Same thing happened to me. Does it not refresh daily?

The version number shows up on the title screen. You can also hover over the game and press the + button on the switch Home Screen to check for the latest version.

Thanks!

I need a little help from you saints. My mom has been loving the game and was excited for the update but we aren't sure it installed correctly. I had her check the software version and it said 2.0.0 . The problem is Blathers isn't talking to her about finding Brewster, and she doesn't see Kappn at the dock. So I'm unsure if the update didn't install correctly or if we're missing something.

The guides I can find online imply that after the update Kapp'n should be at the docks and Blathers should speak to you about opening the cafe. What are we missing?

*Just read something saying Kapp'n unlocking might be related to your town rating?

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 5, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Have you tried restarting her Switch?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Hughmoris posted:

Thanks!

I need a little help from you saints. My mom has been loving the game and was excited for the update but we aren't sure it installed correctly. I had her check the software version and it said 2.0.0 . The problem is Blathers isn't talking to her about finding Brewster, and she doesn't see Kappn at the dock. So I'm unsure if the update didn't install correctly or if we're missing something.

The guides I can find online imply that after the update Kapp'n should be at the docks and Blathers should speak to you about opening the cafe. What are we missing?

*Just read something saying Kapp'n unlocking might be related to your town rating?

For Brewster I believe you need to be far enough along in the game. K.K. concerts should be unlocked (get the island to 3 stars), the museum should have been upgraded to include the art gallery, and at least one of each type of collectable should have been donated to the museum. You also need to be playing on the primary account.

Kapp'n I'm not sure about but I wouldn't be surprised if you need the K.K. requirement for that as well. If you haven't already make sure to close out of the game and restart to ensure the update actually got applied.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Have you tried restarting her Switch?

J-Spot posted:

For Brewster I believe you need to be far enough along in the game. K.K. concerts should be unlocked (get the island to 3 stars), the museum should have been upgraded to include the art gallery, and at least one of each type of collectable should have been donated to the museum. You also need to be playing on the primary account.

Kapp'n I'm not sure about but I wouldn't be surprised if you need the K.K. requirement for that as well. If you haven't already make sure to close out of the game and restart to ensure the update actually got applied.

That is an option. We did save out of the game and restart. Hard to try and talk her thru these things over the phone. Is there something easy to check in-game that will confirm if she is on the newest update? She did say she was able to buy a new DIY recipe book.

Maybe she needs a higher town rating to get Kapp'n. And you need Kapp'n to go find Brewster, so maybe thats why Blathers hasn't mentioned it yet.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Hughmoris posted:

Thanks!

Consensus so far is that you probably need the 3* rating milestone that unlocks KK Slider, terraforming and all that jazz. But we're not really sure because we're all past that point.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Hughmoris posted:

Thanks!

Isabelle will give info about her town rating and have suggestions of how to improve it. There's also guides to unlocking K.K., etc.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Black Robe posted:

Consensus so far is that you probably need the 3* rating milestone that unlocks KK Slider, terraforming and all that jazz. But we're not really sure because we're all past that point.

I haven’t had the kk concert yet and can confirm that I can’t get the cafe Harvey island stuff or kap’n

E: or gyroids

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Black Robe posted:

I'm not at that point yet and I'm pretty sure that's what's holding me back. Had to go sell plots of land even though I was just as happy with the four villagers I had. At least that pig moved out of the campground for the first time in two weeks

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hughmoris posted:

Is there something easy to check in-game that will confirm if she is on the newest update?

When you start the game and it is on the title screen, it will show you which version it is (it should be 2.0)

This is a minor, but neat thing that apparently came with the update. A friend of mine has noticed that now masks are actually snug against your character’s face instead of having a tiny amount of “float” space where it used to not actually touch before.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I appreciate all the help. Turns out she is living in a 2-star world and Blathers is apparently too good for her at the moment. So I pointed her in the right direction to get that number up.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

:allears:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a good place for seller/trading/buying the amiibo cards? I am just looking for someone who wants to part with a Niko card.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Desperate Character posted:

Today is the day that Lief set up shop at Harv’s island which means he had to be there to do the introductory dialogue. I paid off his 100k bells yesterday. I know that he won’t be on Harv’s Island the days he is in my town, but I think he was supposed to be on my island today but was forced to appear on Harv’s Island so I just have nobody lol

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
I did a Kapp'n tour yesterday and got an island where there were shooting stars, the rocks spit out star fragments of all kinds and there were star fragments on the beach along with a zodiac recipe in a bottle. I love this update

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Canned Panda posted:

I haven't been able to test it yet, but I did see somebody commenting online that each player on the same console gets a different set of islands for the DLC.

I really hope this is the case, otherwise my two girls are going to be very upset that they're not going to just get to do whatever they want in the DLC.

Also hoping someone can confirm this.

Also also I really need a way to get rid of all these flowers holy poo poo they are everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Potassium Problems posted:

I did a Kapp'n tour yesterday and got an island where there were shooting stars, the rocks spit out star fragments of all kinds and there were star fragments on the beach along with a zodiac recipe in a bottle. I love this update

Woah. I only got a bamboo island today, nothing special. A couple tiers of lake for fish and a gyroid fragment but other than that, bupkis.