Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

I don't know anyone who watches cable news of any flavor. I can't remember the last time that I did outside of election nights.

Boomers. My mother in Law watches CNN 24/7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zeroisanumber posted:

I don't know anyone who watches cable news of any flavor. I can't remember the last time that I did outside of election nights.

It would drive you goddamn insane to do it regularly. I get like 5 minutes of it at the airport or something and I want to blow my brains out

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Zeroisanumber posted:

I've been doing DoorDash yo make some extra cash and the amount of houses and apartments I deliver to that I can see people watching cable news on is astonishing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

when i lived alone i watched espn and cable news all day cause a person was talking to me about stuff that was happening and thats all i really want in life.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

when i lived alone i watched espn and cable news all day cause a person was talking to me about stuff that was happening and thats all i really want in life.

Did you try to have conversations with ESPN?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

"Moderate policies" ... wasn't the blue wave of 2018 based on the promise of M4A?

lol, lmao for many reasons

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The stuff like maddow blaming the online left is great because if you have any memory at all, it's that msnbc folks spent 2016-2020 complaining that the left and bernie folks were not woke enough. But now they scared all the moderates away by being too woke.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Did you try to have conversations with ESPN?

lot of knucklehead opinions on that channel to scream about i will admit

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I am too dumb to figure out how to get this embed to work on mobile

https://imgur.com/a/f8VIl4H

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

brugroffil posted:

No progressive ever thought of Kamala as anything except a carceral state carrerist sociopath.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

brugroffil posted:

extremely weird how on mobile random image leeching can be easily accomplished by just viewing the image source and putting it in tags but anything from imgur the site whose gimmick is being a proper source for embedded images you gotta use the special formula and gently caress you for wanting to see the special formula if youre on mobile

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

joepinetree posted:

The stuff like maddow blaming the online left is great because if you have any memory at all, it's that msnbc folks spent 2016-2020 complaining that the left and bernie folks were not woke enough. But now they scared all the moderates away by being too woke.

Lol they're always the first people to tell you that twitter isn't real life.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

No progressive ever thought of Kamala as anything except a carceral state carrerist sociopath.
It's a common typo they wanted to type "rich white liberal whose ancestors owned black slaves" but somehow they typed "progressive". e: it keeps happening, no one know why.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 16:31 on Nov 6, 2021

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Toplowtech posted:

It's common typo they wanted to type "rich white liberal whose ancestors owned black slaves" but somehow they typed "progressive".

Total aside but I knew a guy who was an upper middle class liberal who would humble brag about coming from slave owning roots. Just the most detestable fucker for a million reasons but that was a big one of them

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Toplowtech posted:

It's a common typo they wanted to type "rich white liberal whose ancestors owned black slaves" but somehow they typed "progressive". e: it keeps happening, no one know why.

I don't even know that many of that category placed that hope in her

Some Guy TT posted:

extremely weird how on mobile random image leeching can be easily accomplished by just viewing the image source and putting it in tags but anything from imgur the site whose gimmick is being a proper source for embedded images you gotta use the special formula and gently caress you for wanting to see the special formula if youre on mobile

I tried attaching to the post through Android awful app, but it was too large. I tried installing the imgur app, uploaded, and the link wouldn't embed even with adding .jpg on the end. Tried forcing desktop on imgur.com mobile and it still loaded mobile. Lol.

e: oh I didn't think to look under [bb] thank you!!!!

brugroffil has issued a correction as of 16:36 on Nov 6, 2021

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

brugroffil posted:

the app has the option to upload locally stored images to imgur

or urls! it's very useful

this is thread related content because it makes it super easy to snip parts of dreadful articles and share them

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

PostNouveau posted:

It would drive you goddamn insane to do it regularly. I get like 5 minutes of it at the airport or something and I want to blow my brains out

It has, why do you think liberals are all loving bonkers

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

Progressive doesn't mean anything.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

The Oldest Man posted:

Progressive doesn't mean anything.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

brugroffil posted:

I don't even know that many of that category placed that hope in her

I tried attaching to the post through Android awful app, but it was too large. I tried installing the imgur app, uploaded, and the link wouldn't embed even with adding .jpg on the end. Tried forcing desktop on imgur.com mobile and it still loaded mobile. Lol.

e: oh I didn't think to look under [bb] thank you!!!!

the article should read “moderates thought progressives would think Kamala Harris was…”

for Imgur:
on desktop you gotta hover over the picture and get the 3 dots in the top right to “get share links” to get the bb code version lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1457066899423076354

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

I'd say with a ratio that one-sided MSNBC must have some Matt Laurer-type poo poo happening, but is there anyone at that network with the clout who could get away with something that egregious? Aside from Maddow, I couldn't confidently name any MSNBC anchors.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

that is actually about the print /online writing, there’s a separate chart for broadcast news, which would be where Maddow is represented.

also kinda makes me wonder why they separate MSNBC and NBC, they’re separate channels but how separated are they? I know Ronan Farrow worked with both at various points (and had a hell of a time getting his work published, which considering his work, isn’t surprising)

edit: the overall trend is, unsurprisingly, that the older the medium, the more it’s ruled by men. News outlets that originated on the Internet and cable have more parity than broadcast news, which in turn has more parity than newspapers and newspaper-run websites. MSNBC’s internet publishing is a notable exception, which I have to imagine means that whatever rear end in a top hat runs that particular outlet is bad at hiding his biases

DC Murderverse has issued a correction as of 05:00 on Nov 7, 2021

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/06/europe/bosnia-serb-secession-threat-intl-cmd/index.html

PROBLEM: the bosnian confederation is collapsing because the victor's justice did nothing to address the causes of the war and giving international occupiers free reign to shoot anyone they felt like didn't embolden the occupied population to the new government
SOLUTION: interview a bunch of NATO spokespeople about how the international community failed to properly exterminate the serbian population of bosnia-herzegovina and thats why we need to deploy more troops to the balkans to curb the russo-sino-serbian threat

quote:

Many in the West accept in private that it has thus far failed to step up to the plate and it might now be too late. Multiple sources in the EU, NATO and the wider European diplomatic community expressed regret at the West's historic failure to place sanctions or act otherwise against those fanning the flames in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
"Dodik and his clique of secessionists and genocide deniers have been appeased consistently for 15 years by the international community. He has been talking about -- and moving towards -- secession since 2006," said Helic.
Mujanović said that while neighboring Serbia and Russia are the "primary architects of this crisis," he does believe that "the refusal of the international community -- in particular, the NATO states -- to decisively act to nip this in the bud years ago" has emboldened Dodik and his supporters. Mujanović pointed specifically at the EU, which he said had been "extremely underwhelming" due to its own internal discord, making the bloc "at this point in many ways a non-factor."
However, there is some reason for hope. Mujanović says that EU member states could "enact unilateral sanctions against" Dodik and his cronies, which he believes would have some impact.
But diplomacy didn't work in the 1990s, and Cidic does not believe it will work now. "This failed diplomatic approach resulted in over 100,000 perished, and over 1.1 million refugees," he said.
That harder approach could be sanctions, combined with treating secessionist moves as a European "security challenge," Helic said. "We have to roll this back. The sooner we do it the better and easier it is. We don't want to wait for years like we did in the 1990s."

Malleum has issued a correction as of 06:48 on Nov 7, 2021

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
I love how the first four words alone are sheer weasel.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

if you start a sentence with "Many in [enter place]" the next words better be "don't really give a gently caress"

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
many in the west, who if asked would confuse the balkans and the baltics if they gave any answer at all,

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Malleum posted:

many in the west, who if asked would confuse the balkans and the baltics if they gave any answer at all,

World geography is more the USA’s Dr. Moriarty tbqh.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/nytimesworld/status/1457347626899234837?s=20
https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1456979689059332100?s=20

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I thought after the Cold War Ortega became a liberal, or is this the Times just being mad that someone who at anypoint was left wing has the audacity to have political power

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Both. Ortega is a conservative and they hate him because he used to be a communist.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/SHEGOHARDD/status/1457079096492445700?t=aDG9T_3Q33-HXnDlVw0KLw&s=19

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
it's the clinton news network for a reason

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Peggotty posted:

Both. Ortega is a conservative and they hate him because he used to be a communist.

Ahhh, shame

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

He could learn a thing or to from our good friend Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman al Saud who has never had to rig a single election to stay in power.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

He could learn a thing or to from our good friend Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman al Saud who has never had to rig a single election to stay in power.

I dunno, the critics are pretty divided over his skills as a ruler.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

jesus christ i'm going to loving throw up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

They're just shocked by the price. Epstein charges a LOT more.