Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/masseffect/status/1457467946461188100?s=20

well ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We literally already knew they were making a new one?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:geno:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

is that meant to look like a Geth?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
close up of the ship and team

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

is that what the surprise is supposed to be :v:

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
The surprise is how fast the like count is rising

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tali sweat fans out in force

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LawfulWaffle posted:

I beat Parasite Eve the other day. I remember convincing my grandma to buy it for me when it came out, then trying to explain that it was educational but I mispronounced “organisms” as “orgasms”

Anyway I never beat it on the PSX but I know one time I got to the 5th day so I must have been very close. It’s very short, under 8 hours if you don’t get too lost or do much grinding. I’ve never experienced the much vaunted extra mode or Chrysler tower area, so I’m looking forward to that.

I’m also curious about the sequel. I remember bits of an LP that I guess didn’t really sell me on the game, but now that I’ve finally finished PE1 should I try 2?

2 is alright, but different and generally not as good.

Watch Sphere Hunter's video on 3rd Birthday instead of playing it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Put multiplayer in the ME collection already you fucks

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Playing Snatcher for the Sega CD and I was not prepared for this. Neo Kobe city is inspired.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Neo Kobe pizza is legit pretty good

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Feliday Melody posted:

Okay it seems pretty useful.

no! this is how they get you!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Baller Time posted:

The surprise is how fast the like count is rising

Gonna say I was surprised by how many people posted poo poo when the remasters were released that was like "Mass Effect changed my life forever it is one of the greatest games of all time", it felt bizarre to me

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gonna say I was surprised by how many people posted poo poo when the remasters were released that was like "Mass Effect changed my life forever it is one of the greatest games of all time", it felt bizarre to me

It was a lot of peoples first foray into smooch simulators

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's a p good series op

Except the last one

And the Ends

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Gaius Marius posted:

Neo Kobe pizza is legit pretty good

That sounds disgusting.

Also if I have amnesia then why the gently caress have I been assigned to a special task force to deal with the Snatcher menace?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

mass effect is one of those things i'll always passively enjoy because i'm a huge sucker for space opera bullshit but kotor is just clear and away the better games in terms of that vibe that i'm looking for :v:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Walla posted:

Also if I have amnesia then why the gently caress have I been assigned to a special task force to deal with the Snatcher menace?

you didn't forget how to shoot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Walla posted:

That sounds disgusting.

Because blade runner but worse

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Mass Effect 2 was fun and a vehicle for maximum expectations because it was a big improvement over the first one so number 3 would surely follow, as well as the excitement of "how are the going to bring this choice/moment back guys, cant wait" that you get from Lost or w/e that people didn't know yet was always bullshit that would never get pulled off.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hwurmp posted:

you didn't forget how to shoot

Didn't forget how to be a creep either. Gillian is horny and it's kind of gross.

Jay Rust posted:

I don't think my wife ever told me to get my dirty cop hands off of her.

Also it's Kojima. I have a feeling this ties into Metal Gear some how.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Now now, its also very horny

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Walla posted:

Didn't forget how to be a creep either. Gillian is horny and it's kind of gross.

Kojima himself is just horny and sometimes this results in very poor design choices

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Walla posted:

Also it's Kojima. I have a feeling this ties into Metal Gear some how.

You... you've met your partner already right?

Beyond that MGSV: The Phantom Pain's Xbox exclusive pre-order bonus mission is you hunting Snatchers.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also voice acting without subtitles kind of sucks, especially since I can't seem to turn down the BGM.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Walla posted:

you didn't forget how to shoot your shot, although you did forget when and where

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Barudak posted:

You... you've met your partner already right?

Beyond that MGSV: The Phantom Pain's Xbox exclusive pre-order bonus mission is you hunting Snatchers.

No actually. I literally just started my tour of headquarters. Snatchers showing up in MGSV doesn't surprise me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
MGS1 starting up with the beginning of the Policenauts intro music is pretty cool.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Walla posted:

No actually. I literally just started my tour of headquarters. Snatchers showing up in MGSV doesn't surprise me.

Oh... oh laffo. Buddy play like two more minutes and your "does Metal Gear stuff show up in this" will get answered.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey. Have zombies ever been scary

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

like dragon age they've hosed up the story so much by changing writers every game so it actually feels just changing the location or time period can't fix it

i just don't care about the wider mass effect world anymore, it's all hosed, they hosed it with the reapers just being a giant robot army that exploded and nothing matters because the cosmic threat ended up being very mundane and where do you go from that?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Jay Rust posted:

resident evil 1-3 on ps1 and resident evil 1 remake on gamecube all scared me a lot when i was a kid so yehas

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

No one answer this because I’ve already thought of some scary zombies

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fuckshit....

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Regarde Aduck posted:

like dragon age they've hosed up the story so much by changing writers every game so it actually feels just changing the location or time period can't fix it

i just don't care about the wider mass effect world anymore, it's all hosed, they hosed it with the reapers just being a giant robot army that exploded and nothing matters because the cosmic threat ended up being very mundane and where do you go from that?

There's plenty of good scifi that isn't about fighting apocalyptic cosmic threats.

Now whether they have the will or talent to go in any of those directions...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Muscle Tracer posted:

There's plenty of good scifi that isn't about fighting apocalyptic cosmic threats.

Now whether they have the will or talent to go in any of those directions...

Remember when they had a chance with Mass Effect 4 and then "gently caress that cosmic threats, baybeeee"

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Considering bioware can only write one plot, i doubt it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Jay Rust posted:

No one answer this because I’ve already thought of some scary zombies

you must be quicker than this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU