Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Enos Cabell posted:

Has anyone tried infusing the jamon with rum?

jamon de rum, a Franco Reynaldo specialty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Renegret posted:

The cashier actually told me that if I needed help loading it, to let the receipt checkers know and they could page someone to help.

Of course, that was the easiest part so I didn't bother. The hard part was getting it in the house.

beds are just difficult to deal with, even if you and the people helping you have a lot of experience doing it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The gently caress is wrong with Costco. Three brands of boxer briefs and no actual boxers. It's hosed up

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I bought a sherpa blanket but it's a gift so I just threw it unopened on the other side of the bed and forgot about. Later after dragging myself to sleep, in the middle of the night I did a reflexive cuddle-swing and instead of more blankets hooked something very large firm and furry and there was a shriek and a brief tussle before I realized what had happened

Anyway tried the peppermint bark sandwiches, smaller than I expected but otherwise very good

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Gaius Marius posted:

The gently caress is wrong with Costco. Three brands of boxer briefs and no actual boxers. It's hosed up

try them :unsmigghh:

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Pouring out a 40 (ounce jar of Costco Victoria pasta sauce) for my family

(they eat so much)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Bought the $500 vitamix blender

Looks like i need to start buying a lot more fresh fruit and vegetables to get my money's worth

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Heading to church tomorrow to visit the optical department and get a new eyeglass prescription, and to check out the tire shop.

Anyone had tires installed at Costco? And is the installation appointment long? They've got a deal on 4 tires + installation and my current tires are looking a bit low in the tread.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

bucksmash posted:

Heading to church tomorrow to visit the optical department and get a new eyeglass prescription, and to check out the tire shop.

Anyone had tires installed at Costco? And is the installation appointment long? They've got a deal on 4 tires + installation and my current tires are looking a bit low in the tread.

Completely depends on the Costco. The prices can be good, but if it is worth it or not depends on if you have a good tire center or not.

Mine is good, low key and never slammed so I do all my tire action there, it's great, and as an old executive member the tires count towards my bonus.

If yours is bad in that it's constantly super busy then it might not be worth it.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

pentyne posted:

Bought the $500 vitamix blender

Looks like i need to start buying a lot more fresh fruit and vegetables to get my money's worth

It’s also great for dressings, aioli/mayo, and smooth soups like tomato or mushroom. I posted my mustard recipe somewhere upthread and the Vitamix is perfect for that too. Enjoy it! It’s the standard for professional restaurants so you can really do a lot with it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bibliotechno Music posted:

It’s also great for dressings, aioli/mayo, and smooth soups like tomato or mushroom. I posted my mustard recipe somewhere upthread and the Vitamix is perfect for that too. Enjoy it! It’s the standard for professional restaurants so you can really do a lot with it.

Update: after almost tossing it back into the box and returning it I found out the blender cups require you to place it on the blender and then tighten the lid until it's detected. Safety feature I assume.

I'm not sure about cooking a soup in it. Running it at a 10 sounds like a car is about to explode in the kitchen.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

pentyne posted:

Update: after almost tossing it back into the box and returning it I found out the blender cups require you to place it on the blender and then tighten the lid until it's detected. Safety feature I assume.

I'm not sure about cooking a soup in it. Running it at a 10 sounds like a car is about to explode in the kitchen.

Run an already-cooked soup through it, in small batches. Also never start it on 10, start from 1 and crank it up. Don’t be afraid, it’s just a very powerful motor! That’ll make it great for smoothies, too.

And yes that is for safety. It helps to hold one hand down on the top, especially if you’re streaming in oil for a dressing or something. I love those blenders! I’ll continue to answer all questions for you and anyone else looking at it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Completely depends on the Costco. The prices can be good, but if it is worth it or not depends on if you have a good tire center or not.

Mine is good, low key and never slammed so I do all my tire action there, it's great, and as an old executive member the tires count towards my bonus.

If yours is bad in that it's constantly super busy then it might not be worth it.

Yeah I gave up on mine when tire changes were always 3+ hour ordeals.

Discount Tire is pretty close in price anyways.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I bought a colossal TV. It looked so small on the display and so large on my wall.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

bucksmash posted:

Like others have said it really depends on the Costco. Mine is always busy but I live in a military town and there’s always a stream of jacked up trucks getting tires constantly, but so are the Discount Tire and Les Schwab around me too.

Maybe it’s also just mine but every tire I look at has to be shipped to the store and Discount Tire always inventory.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Got the turkey brine but no turkeys yet.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Gaius Marius posted:

Costco knows what's best for you, because apparently you don't. Boxer briefs are a million times better than boxers.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Barry posted:

Costco knows what's best for you, because apparently you don't. Boxer briefs are a million times better than boxers.

I've got about 1/3 of my boxer-brief inventory as the 32 Degrees ones, and they are just perfect. Next time those go on sale I'm moving to wearing them every day.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Just bought four skirts (current size and the next smaller size) for work and the Kirkland Signature sweatshirt for $30 thanks to clothing promos. Only had gray or white sweatshirts so I'll dye it to look cool. I've given up on finding it in my region's warehouses.

I had weight loss surgery and am losing 3-5 pounds a week so Costco is helping me not look like a hobo at work.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Fashionably Great posted:

Just bought four skirts (current size and the next smaller size) for work and the Kirkland Signature sweatshirt for $30 thanks to clothing promos. Only had gray or white sweatshirts so I'll dye it to look cool. I've given up on finding it in my region's warehouses.

I had weight loss surgery and am losing 3-5 pounds a week so Costco is helping me not look like a hobo at work.

aww yiss, post username combo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fordham posted:

I've got about 1/3 of my boxer-brief inventory as the 32 Degrees ones, and they are just perfect. Next time those go on sale I'm moving to wearing them every day.

Yeah they are really good.

The 32 degrees site does a pretty good sale on them every so often as well and I think the price is a little better.

Just don’t make the mistake and try a different style of them because they kinda suck.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

FCKGW posted:

Yeah I gave up on mine when tire changes were always 3+ hour ordeals.

Discount Tire is pretty close in price anyways.

Discount Tire loving rules and they will price-match prices from non-brick & mortar websites. I saved $200 from the price match with an additional $100 rebate with them just from like 5 minutes of googling. Plus, you get free wheel rotations and pressure checks whenever you want.

If you regularly need to buy tires and batteries in quantity, like flipping cars and such, then the Costco cashback rewards may make it the better option. However, for most folks I think that Discount Tire is the best option. Definitely buy your car battery from Costco, though. Those Interstates are great and cheap.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

fordham posted:

I'm going to have to try those. I'm currently a Duluth truther and previously was the same for Ex Officio before their quality took a dive. It would take a lot to get me away from Duluth but you never know.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Discount Tire loving rules and they will price-match prices from non-brick & mortar websites. I saved $200 from the price match with an additional $100 rebate with them just from like 5 minutes of googling. Plus, you get free wheel rotations and pressure checks whenever you want.

If you regularly need to buy tires and batteries in quantity, like flipping cars and such, then the Costco cashback rewards may make it the better option. However, for most folks I think that Discount Tire is the best option. Definitely buy your car battery from Costco, though. Those Interstates are great and cheap.

I had a set of tires mounted at discount this morning and they put steel stems with nice valve caps on for my 60s project car. A detail I had overlooked and didn't ask about and they never mentioned or asked, just did the best thing for me. They rule.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I just took my Kirkland lasagna out of the oven after the initial 55 mins and the temperature reading on the thermometer went down as I put it in. Hmmm. Either my lasagna was beyond frozen or my oven is severely overestimating its internal temperature (was fine last night). I remember it taking longer than the instructions usually say, but this is a bit much.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

GI_Clutch posted:

I just took my Kirkland lasagna out of the oven after the initial 55 mins and the temperature reading on the thermometer went down as I put it in. Hmmm. Either my lasagna was beyond frozen or my oven is severely overestimating its internal temperature (was fine last night). I remember it taking longer than the instructions usually say, but this is a bit much.

youre complaining about heating up frozen food my guy

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Barry posted:

:hai:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

GI_Clutch posted:

I have a lovely oven as well, and things always take longer than expected. Just get one of those thermometers with a remote probe that you can leave it while it cooks.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

In my experience, frozen Costco stuff always takes 50-100% longer than directed to cook so I always crank the heat 25-50 degrees higher from the get-go and cover with foil if necessary to prevent burning/drying out the top. This actually also applies to the fresh stuff in the deli area, like the enchilada bake or (specially) the meatloaf.

We made a very expensive trip to Costco this past weekend and I was able to get my hands on the 1000 piece Costco puzzle. It is a fun, high-quality, and challenging puzzle.

The white chocolate peppermint pretzel thins are dangerously good.

The KS garlic and olive oil almonds are fantastic, though I use chopsticks to eat them or otherwise my hands become an oily mess.

Are the Costco artificial trees worth it? In terms of price and appearance, they don't seem to be that much nicer than what's offered at a place like Lowe's.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

The Midniter posted:

In my experience, frozen Costco stuff always takes 50-100% longer than directed to cook so I always crank the heat 25-50 degrees higher from the get-go and cover with foil if necessary to prevent burning/drying out the top. This actually also applies to the fresh stuff in the deli area, like the enchilada bake or (specially) the meatloaf.

That sounds like a Your Oven problem, not a Costco problem. It's good that you know your oven well enough to make the necessary adjustments but I really don't think that these are universal issues.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

That sounds like a Your Oven problem, not a Costco problem. It's good that you know your oven well enough to make the necessary adjustments but I really don't think that these are universal issues.

Well, the same has held true across three different full-size ovens across three different houses, in addition to a high-end toaster oven so I don't think it's an oven issue.

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

GI_Clutch posted:

I made one last week and the given instructions were just fine. I had it on the middle rack of my gas oven. All I did was slit the plastic in the middle as instructed. Gave it 55min, then peel the plastic off and let it go another 10min.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
this is like when people will try to insist its impossible to bake bread in most household ovens because the temperature control isn't perfect then when you ask them how many times they tried they say only once.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

The Midniter posted:

Well, the same has held true across three different full-size ovens across three different houses, in addition to a high-end toaster oven so I don't think it's an oven issue.

That's bizarre, but at least it's consistent for you I guess. I've never heard anybody ever having this problem before and would still very much recommend that people not default to cranking the oven up 50 degrees hotter and for twice as long as instructed.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I top find that it takes longer than expected. I also recently realized that leaving my pizza stone in there all the time effects cooking times, preheated isn't preheated when the stone hasn't warmed up yet. Solution, remove the pizza stone.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I bought a wood fire pizza oven (Ooni) not from Costco, sadly. But I did visit the Business Center, and picked up a huge box of frozen pizza dough made in Brooklyn. I'm now a pizza snob.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Both Costco lasagnas (the smaller sausage one and the larger meat one) both cook normal in my oven.

That larger one definitely takes a long loving time to cook though-but I like it way better than the sausage one.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

StormDrain posted:

I top find that it takes longer than expected. I also recently realized that leaving my pizza stone in there all the time effects cooking times, preheated isn't preheated when the stone hasn't warmed up yet. Solution, remove the pizza stone.

I leave my pizza stone in all the time as it acts as a ballast and reduces heat loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Clavavisage posted:

I leave my pizza stone in all the time as it acts as a ballast and reduces heat loss

this but cast iron pans