Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
thanks I totally did lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Oh god they're gonna be cgi aren't they. But they managed a beautiful traditionally animated horse in part 3.

They could recreate the entire part in red dead online

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Pucci is going to be voiced by Tomokazu Seki.
IT'S NOT JOUJI NAKATA??? WHAT IS THIS poo poo

Waffleman_ posted:

The first 12 episodes will drop at once.
God help us all. They did this because of the leak, huh?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 9, 2021

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Grouchio posted:

IT'S NOT JOUJI NAKATA??? WHAT IS THIS poo poo

God help us all. They did this because of the leak, huh?

No, that definitely seems like something that would be in a contract

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How the hell do we enjoy Stone Ocean if the first third is just dumped in netflix jail a month before episode 1 even airs in Japan?
The people are scared it will kill all discussion

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It's not like their usual method of sitting on it all until after its aired and then dumping it all at once long after is any better.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Not a fan of them dumping a bunch of episodes at once like that.

Sure, I've read the manga, it doesn't matter for me, but I loved the discussions for Part 5. This way it's just going to be chaos.

At least it's not the whole anime, I guess.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maybe after the first 12 episodes it will go back to being weekly when we get new episodes.

It's not like they can't do it, Komi-san Can't Communicate is weekly, even though it's like 2 or 3 episodes behind Japan.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Call me old but I really hate the modern trend of binge watching shows. You lose community speculation and anticipation, it’s lame

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
yeah this way of releasing is super lame. hopefully they gave david production buckets of money but I doubt that. also it seemingly means it'll be released december 1st then we'll have to wait like 4 months for more? lame

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1457965664853913602?t=gK6U9LQcvg927vEYt_P2rw&s=19

Definitely sounds like Kira as Jolyne

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
People could always do a simulwatch thread and just talk about one ep a week

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"It will be Stone Ocean, cause somehow I'm gonna free myself from this sea of stone."

:sigh:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm very certain that's Kira Buckland, so congrats to her for getting her dream role!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Electric Phantasm posted:

"It will be Stone Ocean, cause somehow I'm gonna free myself from this sea of stone."

:sigh:

Same.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, the loss of the weekly anticipation really sucks and i honestly think this binge-watching poo poo is a blight

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

People could always do a simulwatch thread and just talk about one ep a week

i do not have this kind of discipline. i hate this netflix sucks!!!!@

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I like to watch the show and am glad it comes out in big parts because speculating on a 20 year old manga seems kind of silly to me.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s true, but still each episode felt like an event but when everything is released at once everything gets kinda mushed together

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's 100% Kira from this video, good for her

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Real good that both Ai and Kira could get their dream roles.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Holy poo poo they did it

Of course I’m probably going to be busy with Endwalker when it comes out now :negative:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

hatty posted:

That’s true, but still each episode felt like an event but when everything is released at once everything gets kinda mushed together

I mean you can still speculate what is coming next 'season' if you'd like I guess and constant posting about whatever Netflix show is popular and those all come out at once so I think Jojo posting will go just as well.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The anticipation between each episode is also fun and makes you appreciate each one more when that's all you're getting for the week, the Netflix model just turns everything into disposable content that out of peoples memories a month after releases

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Releasing the eps as batches is disrespectful to Friday.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If I have enough restraint I can only watch portions of the 12 episodes on fridays. :v:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

im going to binge all 12 eps at once cuz i have no control and then im going to be waiting for months for the next batch to come out and ill have forgotten a bunch of things when it does and its going to make me sad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's why you have to binge them again before the new episodes come out.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

no.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What if you binge it in every language?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we need to implement strict posting rules for this thread and have it be an instant ban if you talk about further than 1 more episode each week, starting with the first the moment they all release and leading to the second the week after that and so on and so forth. it's the only way we can stay sane in these trying times

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm very certain that's Kira Buckland, so congrats to her for getting her dream role!

:yeah: I know she mentioned being able to voice Jolyne was her dream, so I'm really happy for Kira Buckland.

As for the episodes being dumped at once, I wonder if it's possible to set it up so we only watch one episode a week to simulate that weekly experience and discussion? If that's too much of a hassle, then I guess putting a tag on which episode you're talking about or replying to might help?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

we need to implement strict posting rules for this thread and have it be an instant ban if you talk about further than 1 more episode each week, starting with the first the moment they all release and leading to the second the week after that and so on and so forth. it's the only way we can stay sane in these trying times
We didn't go insane watching all of Devilman Crybaby because it got released all at once. We went insane because of the ending.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would be ok with a simulwatch thread. Maybe not one episode a week but every 2 or 3 days.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would be ok with a simulwatch thread. Maybe not one episode a week but every 2 or 3 days.

Look those image macros all say Friday, not 'every 2 or 3 days', we can hardly change it now

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Well, the good thing about episode dumps is that you don't have to wait a week for dud encounters to resolve, I guess?

Like, I love Diamond is Unbreakable, for example, but the Echoes vs. The Lock fight was kinda... ehhhh.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

That english dub seemed good except Jotaro, he kind of threw me off so I'll probably watch subs again even though I try to watch non JoJo shows dubbed. And I agree that binge watching sucks and a weekly release would be much more fun.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dracula Factory posted:

That english dub seemed good except Jotaro

????????

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

So we're all aware this is the anime "thead" right :V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Arist posted:

????????

Just didn't feel like the character to me, I dunno. He sounds familiar too, but I'm not up on all the big voice actors.

Normally I think good dub > subs but for JoJos anime it feels so weird to hear it in english.