Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

A bunch of Aussies fainted at a festival, are we sure they weren’t just hammered?
probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

finally getting into 30 Coins and hot dog this is great fun. the opening credits are unreal and make me think of a horror version of that show Spartacus

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Uncle Boogeyman u weren't kidding about Death Laid An Egg being weird as hell lol

I'm only 10 minutes in

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Has anyone watched the version of Death Laid an Egg that's on Amazon Video? It's a $2 rental so I'd definitely check it out but sometimes with Amazon the transfers look like poo poo.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Come hang out with us in the horror discord

https://discord.gg/aBaksGwY

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

alf_pogs posted:

heavy plot spoilers for Titane in the article, but apparently australian film festivalgoers are a bunch of wimp-rear end weiners!

https://www.pedestrian.tv/entertainment/titane-sydney-film-festival/

Admitting this to an outlet called PEDESTRIAN.tv seems a little on the nose. Filthy casuals!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Almost Blue posted:

The three and a half hour cut of George Romero's Martin has been found.

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1454610753466642434
https://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsburgh/living-dead-museum-unearths-lost-version-of-pittsburgh-vampire-film-martin/Content?oid=20484814
Some follow up and I didn't realize they moved the Romero museum back to the Mall I remember it being in a tiny part behind an arcade

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Martin 3D!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

dorium posted:

Martin 4D

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

intermittently sprayed with a red mist during murder scenes

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

That's really loving cool.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

drat RIP dean stockwell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtjiVTSs8pc

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
So I ended up watching almost all of the conjuring/annabelle universe movies this weekend with some friends. And there's definitely a formula to these with demon doing annoying stuff at first before full on throwing people/possession before the end. Mix in abunch of psychic visions. The latest conjuring one was kind of the weirdest with the church of satan being framed as super evil witches. Also sadly the real Warren's spooky museum is closed indefinitely currently.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I just finished my Nightmare series rewatch, I hadn't seen Freddy's Dead since the 90's and I thought it was awful back then. Now it actually kind of rules? It really is just a gory Bugs Bunny cartoon but the comedic timing is way better than the couple of installments leading up to it. I prefer creepy Freddy over cartoon clown Freddy but of the more comedy-heavy movies I think this might actually be my favorite.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

checkplease posted:

So I ended up watching almost all of the conjuring/annabelle universe movies this weekend with some friends. And there's definitely a formula to these with demon doing annoying stuff at first before full on throwing people/possession before the end. Mix in abunch of psychic visions. The latest conjuring one was kind of the weirdest with the church of satan being framed as super evil witches. Also sadly the real Warren's spooky museum is closed indefinitely currently.

I knew they had some zoning issue going on, but I'm a bit surprised it's permanently closed. I thought their son would keep milking it for all he could.

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020

checkplease posted:

My favorite so far is Annabelle Comes Home because it's like a dark-ride through the whole Conjuring universe

EDIT: I just finished The Medium on Shudder. It's a seriously terrifying movie and very well made

LemonLimeSoda fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 10, 2021

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I just finished my Nightmare series rewatch, I hadn't seen Freddy's Dead since the 90's and I thought it was awful back then. Now it actually kind of rules? It really is just a gory Bugs Bunny cartoon but the comedic timing is way better than the couple of installments leading up to it. I prefer creepy Freddy over cartoon clown Freddy but of the more comedy-heavy movies I think this might actually be my favorite.

I hated it personally. It falls in to the trap most horror comedy's do with me. It's not enough comedy to be funny and not enough horror to be scary. The video game part felt like it took hours.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Freddy's Dead is a mess, but at this point I find it to be an entertaining mess (although not nearly as entertaining as a movie still in Rachel Talalay's future, Tank Girl).

The Dream Child is kind of torture though.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I have to confess that I actually liked Freddy's Dead, but I was 12 when I watched it so I doubt it'd hold up. It's not a good movie, but it's one of those weird movies I was obsessed with as a kid for no real reason and would watch over and over again, like Stay Tuned, Drop Dead Fred and Nothing But Trouble.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
My favourite moment in Freddy's Dead is when the map gets really big. That's scary stuff.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Freddy's Dead was just not enjoyable. Probably a better group watch to make fun of.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
My favorite part is when they’re rummaging through a bunch of weapons and point several of them directly at the screen for 3D thrills.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I liked when the map says "you're hosed" and Breckin Meyer says "the map says we're hosed!". I said earlier I didn't like the movie but that was such a good gag. I still say it to this day.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Chucky continues to be good. Fiona Dourif made up to look like her dad is really eerie. And eeeeee, the baby gays! :3:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I liked when the map says "you're hosed" and Breckin Meyer says "the map says we're hosed!". I said earlier I didn't like the movie but that was such a good gag. I still say it to this day.

This is my favorite gag as well. I dunno why I find it so funny.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The_Doctor posted:

Chucky continues to be good. Fiona Dourif made up to look like her dad is really eerie. And eeeeee, the baby gays! :3:

Lmao I knew this is what they did.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

The_Doctor posted:

She did a better young Brad Dourif than the other woman did a young Jennifer Tilly. Also never really thought about it before, but Charles hijacking the body of his daughter to have lesbian sex with his wife is some weird psychosexual poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s not his daughter. But Charles was involved with his mother. There was a father in the home movies and Charles implying Charles killed him.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

I guess I assumed part of the reason she was cast was because of how much she looks like her father, but apparently that role was auditioned for. She kills it though, especially in Cult.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

A series I’ve really been enjoying is Eli Roth’s History of Horror.

In one of the recent episodes he spends about five minutes talking about the VVitch, the entire time referring to the protagonist as “Tomlinson”

I know this is a nitpick but… how does that even happen? He has editors.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
freddys dead has a couple of decent gags and is imaginative in the fantasy-like way they all were, but yeah, not good. englund's having a good time, tho

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Freddy's Dead is a mess, but at this point I find it to be an entertaining mess (although not nearly as entertaining as a movie still in Rachel Talalay's future, Tank Girl).

The Dream Child is kind of torture though.

That's the thing, Freddy's Dead is definitely messy but there's no point where it bores me. Yeah it's stupid but it reveals in it, where 4 and 5 just didn't hold my attention at all outside of the dream scenes

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That’s the problem with the remake, it’s mind-numbingly boring.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The new Chucky series continues to be really good. Also I like that its a continuation of the film franchise.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Origami Dali posted:

freddys dead has a couple of decent gags and is imaginative in the fantasy-like way they all were, but yeah, not good. englund's having a good time, tho

Killer graphics :catdrugs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeJnuP2_yb8&t=120s

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

If only young Gaz would have known how ridiculous late 80s/early 90s horror could be then maybe my love affair with them would have started sooner……

I remember being told about Freddys Dead by my sister and declaring I’d never watch it, and I was terrified of the poster for House…..if only I knew

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Anyone any good with making banners for Discord? We need one for our horror discord. Also you should join the horror discord so we can discuss butts and horror movies.

https://discord.gg/aBaksGwY

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

LemonLimeSoda posted:

My favorite so far is Annabelle Comes Home because it's like a dark-ride through the whole Conjuring universe

Its pretty good because it feels like the most likely outcome of all of the Warren's stuff. They have a house full of demon bombs and just let some teenagers hang inside? Of course the teens are going to do something dumb with the demon stuff. They are teens.

I will assume that this is why the museum is closed. The demons escaped and run it now.

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020

checkplease posted:

Its pretty good because it feels like the most likely outcome of all of the Warren's stuff. They have a house full of demon bombs and just let some teenagers hang inside? Of course the teens are going to do something dumb with the demon stuff. They are teens.

I will assume that this is why the museum is closed. The demons escaped and run it now.

Agreed
It's the most likely scenario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Watching New Nightmare and it's really a wildly different experience now that I'm a parent of a child with sleep disorders, I'm surprised how hard this one's getting to me