Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

:siren: THIS IS A VERIFIED GOFUNDME FOR THE KYANKA DAUGHTERS. Reach out to site admins if you have any questions on the validity of the link! :siren:

LadyAmbien posted:

I appreciate this and all the other kind comments like this.

There is a stickied post in GBS called For the Children with a link to the GFM where any money raised will be split between the girls and used for their care, any counseling costs and future education funds. .

https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-a-friend-in-hiding

Original OP:

Since it has popped up in Fragmaster's thread, if you are looking to help support the Kyanka children, a GoFundMe is available here. This had originally been set up in preparation for assisting LadyAmbien with her legal expenses but obviously now the concern is making sure the children are supported and their mothers can set aside money for their higher education.

To echo the sentiment LA posted, please try to keep comments kind, one day his daughters may read this thread and it would be great if they looked upon it as Goons showing how good we can be to one another in difficult times and not the worst versions of ourselves.

Please feel free to message me or admins if you have any questions.

13Pandora13 posted:

I posted a (brief) update in the GFM regarding the shift in focus, but I will better clarify the new intent when I get a moment to revise the actual description after work.

If we hit a number that will be "tax problem" level I'll work with LA and CYB on establishing 529 Education Savings accounts for each girl and transfer directly to those. Right now the families have immediate support concerns because child support is no longer going to be coming in and SS death benefits to step in in it's place may take a considerable time to sort out due to some unique issues/circumstances.

tehinternet posted:

Gave what I’ve spent here, seemed right.

On the off chance that any of Lowtax’s kids read this one day, I’d say the following to them:

Everybody has parts about themselves that they don’t like, parts that might not be so great and parts that are wonderful. Some people lean into the awful and some lean into the wonderful.

Your dad wasn’t perfect, but you can learn from his choices. You can keep the best parts of him and make them part of you while rejecting the worst parts. His choices are not your fault in any way either and there was nothing you could have done that would have changed the outcome.

I don’t know you, but I love you and hope that you all find peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Sticking this thread

DO NOT post in this thread if you are going to be an rear end in a top hat and say nasty poo poo, this is actually worthwhile and positive. There are probably a dozen other threads you can say mean things about lowtax in.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I gave :10bux:. Not much, but it feels appropriate.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
tossed in :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Chipped in as well! :shobon:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Heath posted:

I gave :10bux:. Not much, but it feels appropriate.

:same:

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
A little sad how little $$$ goons could muster and drop in the bucket since 2020. Any individual goon has probably paid more for monthly femdom asmr patreons or to neuter some random cat than this GoFundMe which was set up to help a domestically abused person.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
:10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Captain Candiru posted:

A little sad how little $$$ goons could muster and drop in the bucket since 2020. Any individual goon has probably paid more for monthly femdom asmr patreons or to neuter some random cat than this GoFundMe which was set up to help a domestically abused person.

:ok:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
The very least I can do is pay forward to his kids what I paid in to the site. :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Captain Candiru posted:

during the global pandemic when a ton of us lost our jobs? ill pitch in 20 on the last of the month when i get my disability payment

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I spent at least $60 on stupid forums poo poo over the years so I donated $60

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Captain Candiru posted:

The GFM was not posted to the forums while the trial was ongoing.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Oh, that makes sense.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!
His children have lost a father and gained a community of goons.

Run, kids. It's not too late. They still barely know you exist and their short term memories are poor at best.

(Just kidding of course. We can behave. These days.)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

13Pandora13 posted:

The GFM was not posted to the forums while the trial was ongoing.

If I recall, lady ambien didn't want it getting around because of any issues that goons/internet denizens would cause.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

would it be a good idea if the relevant people set up a Patreon style support for the children where instead of funding once, people could fund a little bit each month? Since I guess there's still a few years until the kids get to College and all?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

admin edit: snip

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Siegkrow posted:

would it be a good idea if the relevant people set up a Patreon style support for the children where instead of funding once, people could fund a little bit each month? Since I guess there's still a few years until the kids get to College and all?

There are still legal matters ongoing, so please just leave it to that gofundme, at least for now, to not make things much more complicated for the people concerned.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

admin edit: lowtax anger snipped. he was a bad guy, this isn't the place.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

13Pandora13 posted:

Since it has popped up in Fragmaster's thread, if you are looking to help support the Kyanka children, a GoFundMe is available here. This had originally been set up in preparation for assisting LadyAmbien with her legal expenses but obviously now the concern is making sure the children are supported and their mothers can set aside money for their higher education.

To echo the sentiment LA posted, please try to keep comments kind, one day his daughters may read this thread and it would be great if they looked upon it as Goons showing how good we can be to one another in difficult times and not the worst versions of ourselves.

Cool thanks for this, donating at least the almighty :10bux:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

13Pandora13 posted:

Thanks for linking. Tossed what I could their way.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
I’ll toss in a few bucks when I get paid.

There are like three other threads you could do this in, come on.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 12, 2021

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Guy who donated a grand, you're cool

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
This is a good idea - definitely gonna donate a few bucks.

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Nov 11, 2021

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

:10bux:

WrecklessSandwich
Jul 29, 2005

Having not been around the forums for a long time, I had no idea about all of the horrible stuff that happened. I saw someone else comment that they were matching what they had paid to Lowtax over the years. It would be great if everyone did that as a minimum.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
im going to steal the money and buy a GT

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

lollontee posted:

im going to steal the money and buy a GT

I would very much prefer if you do not do that, lollontee

WrecklessSandwich
Jul 29, 2005

really tho I should steal my moms credit card to donate to this, for old times sake

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

In the other thread, LadyAmbien has confirmed that this gofundme is the real deal, for anyone who was waiting for confirmation of that.

LadyAmbien posted:

I appreciate this and all the other kind comments like this.

There is a stickied post in GBS called For the Children with a link to the GFM where any money raised will be split between the girls and used for their care, any counseling costs and future education funds. .

https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-a-friend-in-hiding

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Thrown in some :10bux: my thoughts are with his family.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Is it possible to set up a gofundme that will (A) split the money between all the kids equally and (B) it'll be held in trust for them, either for education or when they're older? Doing it unofficially and trying to divide it between moms seems like it could get complicated and rough legally and in terms of taxes.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 11, 2021

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I donated.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
threw in what i could for where im at

this would probably be nice as a site announcement but idk if they want that kind of visibility on it or not

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Chucked a tenner in, those kids deserve something from all this mess.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Chipped in my obligatory :10bux:. Will try to drop in something else after payday.

Something I really value about SA is how it's grown over the years. It might be because we're all 35+ and just so loving tired, but it genuinely feels like A Good Place under all the shitposting and goatse. The support shown in threads like this, the absolute hard line "don't be a horrible transphobe", all that.

More like Something...Okay

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i gave that rat bastard :10bux:, can't make things right but at least i gave :10bux: for his kids

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I rushed to register my account before the paywall went up but this time I won't be a cheapskate. I donated and I hope this money will help his kids and family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:10bux: *2

I hope the kids are ok.