Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Paul MaudDib posted:

this but cast iron pans

this is what i do, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The 3 pack of Bordeaux for $15 is worth it with just the first bottle I tried, definitely a good deal imo.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
We’ve had our Costco tree for 5 years now and love it. Lights are built-in and the original box is still holding up for storage the other 10 months out of the year. We love it.

How it compares to other trees I cannot tell you though.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just spent hundreds of dollars at church. Picked up a king sized Sherpa, 1000 piece Costco puzzle, white chocolate peppermint pretzel thins, and a million other things. PBUC

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i did a strange and confusing thing today. i went to A Different Costco

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Soul Dentist posted:

Just spent hundreds of dollars at church. Picked up a king sized Sherpa, 1000 piece Costco puzzle, white chocolate peppermint pretzel thins, and a million other things. PBUC

Those peppermint pretzel thins are loving crack. I need to stop buying them because I can't stop eating them.

I mentioned a few days ago I went to Coscto for the first time since pre-pandemic with my family (pre-baby too I think? I don't think she's been to Costco in a good 3-4 years). I swiped my credit card at the register then left my waifu at the register so I could get some hot dogs. She meets up with me and says, holy poo poo you'll never guess how much money we just spent. I guess $600. She holds up the receipt and... it's $610.

She's still convinced I somehow cheated and it's not that I've spent way too much of my life and way too much money at Costco.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
This is the same thread people were posting about their Herman Miller/Aeron chairs right? I found a used one at a liquidator for $599, and everything I can find online makes that seem like a great price. Are they really that good?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

You should try to sit in one first but yeah they're a good investment in your butt and spine.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
Mine was $495 from an office surplus store like 7 years ago. It has a broken lever, but otherwise has held up extremely well overtime and is very comfortable for long term computer use.

FYI - my Costco had restocked the cold brew cans! We bought two cases, and they were moving quick.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

pentyne posted:

This is the same thread people were posting about their Herman Miller/Aeron chairs right? I found a used one at a liquidator for $599, and everything I can find online makes that seem like a great price. Are they really that good?

Definitely try it first. Personally, I find them incredibly unpleasant to sit in, but many people love them.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

pentyne posted:

I'm not a fan of them, and the local office liquidator near me sells them for 399, but they're in used condition, not refurbished at all.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

pentyne posted:

chairs from brands like herman miller and steelcase are "good" in the sense that they are workhorse pieces of furniture that don't fall apart. if you get a new one or can find a good used one it will last you many years

i believe a goon told me recently that you can sometimes score for $600 a used herman miller chair directly from herman miller's website, but you have to watch until one is in stock since used stuff comes and goes. i dunno if that is interesting info to you but i thought i'd pass along the one trick i know on the topic

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Generally the high points of really expensive office chairs are that they're (a) incredibly adjustable (but not you're not going to get the comfort/ergonomic benefits if you don't adjust them right) and (b) built to be treated like crap for a decade and still hold up and look nice throughout.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Are the Kirkland Merino Wool Blend socks both warm and comfortable?

Anyone try these?: https://www.costco.com/bula-polartec-convertible-balaclava%2c-2-pack.product.100431547.html

I bought a pair each of the 32 Degrees thermal tops and bottoms off the website, and they're pretty nice, so I've already ordered two more pairs of both.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quixzlizx posted:

I just tried my first pair of the pack I got and yes, they're very comfortable. They have some padding that is really nice now, I don't think previous ones had that? Very toasty. I have size 13 so I'm right on the edge of the size range (9-13) but they don't feel tight or anything. Very comfortable and not as bulky as other wool socks.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Quixzlizx posted:

Iirc they are like 5% wool

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007

priznat posted:

I just tried my first pair of the pack I got and yes, they're very comfortable. They have some padding that is really nice now, I don't think previous ones had that? Very toasty. I have size 13 so I'm right on the edge of the size range (9-13) but they don't feel tight or anything. Very comfortable and not as bulky as other wool socks.

Thanks, they sound like they'll help get my feet through the winter.

Woodsy Owl posted:

57% Merino Wool | 40% Nylon | 3% Spandex according to costco.com.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Does anyone know of a good method to monitor the Costco website for stock updates? I’d like to get an Xbox series x (unlikely I know) and if it could ping my phone if they came in stock that’d be cool.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i did a strange and confusing thing today. i went to A Different Costco

I sometimes do this as well. My "other" Costco has the reverse layout as my normal one. It's like savings from the bizzaro world.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Quixzlizx posted:

Anyone try these?: https://www.costco.com/bula-polartec-convertible-balaclava%2c-2-pack.product.100431547.html

I bought a pair each of the 32 Degrees thermal tops and bottoms off the website, and they're pretty nice, so I've already ordered two more pairs of both.

I've got a ton of the Wool Blend Outdoor one (I think the outdoor ones are a little different) and they are great, not too thick but not too thin

Mudcrab Merchant
Dec 28, 2008

Please pay in exact change.
I haven’t kept track of this thread in a LONG time but I can report that the onion dispenser is finally back over here in VA Beach for those that need to know

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Good god! I’ve already received too much news today.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

priznat posted:

Does anyone know of a good method to monitor the Costco website for stock updates? I’d like to get an Xbox series x (unlikely I know) and if it could ping my phone if they came in stock that’d be cool.

Follow Wario64 on Twitter and turn notifications on. That account notifies of any retailer that restocks XSX, and I just saw one of his tweets the other day about Costco restocking its bundle.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mudcrab Merchant posted:

I haven’t kept track of this thread in a LONG time but I can report that the onion dispenser is finally back over here in VA Beach for those that need to know

oh man I hope this happens everywhere.

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

Mudcrab Merchant posted:

Went to church today, can report that the onion dispenser is back here in Sioux Falls, SD too.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Urge to Costco is rising

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Found my covid booster shot at Covid like a week sooner availability than anywhere else. The pharmacy has given me about as much health care as any hospital this year.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Quixzlizx posted:

I have maybe 18 pair of them including a pack of 6 that I haven't opened yet because the other ones won't give out despite wearing them for a few days in a row. They just won't die. I even wear them during the summer in 90F and 80% humidity while hiking. My feet don't sweat though but they're probably just as good for other people.

Woodsy Owl posted:

I just checked my package (heh) and they're 72% merino wool.

Captain Beans posted:

I've got a ton of the Wool Blend Outdoor one (I think the outdoor ones are a little different) and they are great, not too thick but not too thin

I have the outdoor ones too.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 12, 2021

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong
I still can’t get over the fact that the Costco closest to me has diesel at their pumps. Never seen a Costco offer it before

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I bought a pack of the socks like 5 years ago. I haven't used them because they're way too thick. I'm just never in conditions cold enough for those socks.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

FogHelmut posted:

I bought a pack of the socks like 5 years ago. I haven't used them because they're way too thick. I'm just never in conditions cold enough for those socks.

same. darn tough socks are the best wool socks for actually doing anything in

Jadeilyn
Nov 21, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just checked my package (heh) and they're 72% merino wool.

I have the outdoor ones too.

The older ones were. The new ones are apparently a different blend and much worse. All of the recent reviews complain that the quality has gone down: https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-ladies%27-merino-wool-blend-sock%2C-6-pair.product.100751724.html

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

priznat posted:

Better luck would be a stock tracking discord

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

same. darn tough socks are the best wool socks for actually doing anything in

I have many pairs of Darn Tough. REI's merino socks are good too. Smart Wool sucks.

I wear lightweight socks to work in the office. Medium and full cushion are perfectly fine for anything else. Any type of cold weather stuff I'm doing, the shoes are insulated to begin with, and I don't need those double thick socks. I'd have to go a shoe size up to wear those Costco socks.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
What? SmartWool socks are fine do not cross me.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

[quote="Quixzlizx" post="519146561"]

Anyone try these?:

I got the four pack a couple weeks ago and haven't put any of my other socks on since.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jadeilyn posted:

The older ones were. The new ones are apparently a different blend and much worse. All of the recent reviews complain that the quality has gone down: https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-ladies%27-merino-wool-blend-sock%2C-6-pair.product.100751724.html

:smith:

These are the ones I have.

Good thing I stocked the hell up on them. I really should have gotten the large though. I wear a 10.5-11 usually and these are difficult to put on. But I kinda like the tightness.

FogHelmut posted:

REI's merino socks are good too.

I have these too and they're great. That's what got me onto the Costco merino wool socks. I had the REI ones and was walking past the sock/underwear area at the 'co and spotted them and picked 'em up.

I wear nothing but wool socks unless I'm running or working out (rare).

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Nov 12, 2021

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

no_tears posted:

I still can’t get over the fact that the Costco closest to me has diesel at their pumps. Never seen a Costco offer it before

I am both jealous and not because the closest Costco to me is not close at all (nearly 30min each way) and doesn't have it. The only one around me that does is over an hour away.

But I am getting a much closer Costco in the next couple years so I'm slightly hopeful they'll put diesel pumps in.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

StormDrain posted:

Found my covid booster shot at Covid like a week sooner availability than anywhere else.

i know this is autocorrect but finding your covid at covid amuses me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Is anyone using the car+home insurance through Costco? The quotes I got are cheaper than my current but I suppose it really comes down to the service when you need it.