Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

ballistics statistics posted:

"Do you beat your wife?"

It's not an essay question, it's yes or no. There is no charitable reading of that at all.

I'd also like to address this, with me, Rich did not get physical. I am 5'11 and I used to weight lift and was in shape, by this I mean I was physically his equal if not stronger than him. There was one instance where he rushed me and I put my arms out to stop him, another where he pinned me down on the bed, but from what I can recall right now the rest was emotional, financial, verbal and lots of intimidation like punching holes in the wall, throwing and breaking things, screaming in my face.

He did get physical multiple times with his first wife and once with his girlfriend after me.

I don't know why I feel the need to clear this up, but, I do.

I know that all three of us spouses loved him very much when we first got together. He was a complex man and it's devastating that there was so much potential there for a happier life if he tried to heal his demons and addictions successfully, and it ended like this.

Most humans are all not good or all bad. I have behaved in ways in my life that I'm not proud of. I don't know what I'm trying to say here really other than that grief is really loving complicated and I wish he had tried harder to heal if not for himself then for his kids. I hated him in recent times, but I also at one time loved him deeply.

My daughter is five, she will fare better than his other children who are in their teens and risk seeing people celebrating their fathers death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Wow, this is sudden.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Which reddit guy? This a huge thread now lol

So far I have only seen one person admit they learned about it on Reddit, but they are now forgiven because someone came here from 4chan

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Lowtax took maybe what might be called the easy way out, but the court ruling I believe was the thing that broke him. Maybe it is that he could no longer see himself as the victim or that he had to face the fact that he would forever be tarnished the way he thought he would be vindicated.

Either way, he felt he had no out and there are a lot of people that have done the same thing and do the same thing every day. I have seen a lot of hopeless people make the same call. I guess I hold out the hope that with resources or support that should have been there, or our society helping something could have changed that would have prevented this, though I gotta admit, mass demonization is a hard pill to swallow.

lovely thing to pull though and extremely selfish. gently caress you Lowtax, you had a chance to better yourself and you threw it away cause it was hard. Maybe it was impossible to ever cleanse of the poo poo Lowtax, but he still had kids and time to spend with them and chances to see them grow.

How loving selfish can you be to rob your kids of that.

poo poo I'm getting all emotional over the internet.

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Flashing my onyx masonic ring at 5 cent wing n trivia night at Dinglers Sports Bar - Ozma
Do we have a confirmed cause of death?

EDIT: WHELP

Lovable Luciferian fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Nov 11, 2021

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
https://i.imgur.com/570Kp6r.mp4

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

HJE-Cobra posted:

Wow, this is sudden.

That's kind of how guns work, usually

t3nken
Feb 25, 2003
All this to avoid paying out some cash to his wife and kids?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

We don't know that. He might've only winged himself with his first shot.

"Woah! Better be more careful..." Lowtax sighs as he reloads the shotgun.

Rev4n
Sep 27, 2006

Right, a plan; let me put on my slightly larger glasses.

LadyAmbien posted:

If you've made it this far thank you for giving me space to let this go so I know longer have to hold onto it.

I'm so sorry; I can't imagine how hard that is. I'm glad your daughter has a loving, supportive parent and I hope you find whatever support you need to manage and process this horrible situation. Ugh.

Rev4n fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Nov 11, 2021

fembot
Jan 31, 2008

"She's a very sexy lady."

LadyAmbien posted:

I have been sitting for hours debating whether or not to disclose this, and I feel like it's something I do need to get off of my chest.
Frankly, I'm tried of being quiet. I've mostly had to stay quiet for years about things happening behind the scenes. I've held things inside so long and so hard my chest physically hurt the same way it is now.

I considered not sharing this out of respect for Rich's parents and sister, but after thinking on the incredibly vitriolic wall of text Rich's Mother sent to me this morning, saying upon many other things, that his blood is on my hands, I need to share it to regain some sense of control over what's taken place in the past 48 hours.

Yesterday I recieved a divorce ruling that would help me and my daughter stay in our home in Canada and allow me to provide a good life for her as well as pay back numerous debts that had accrued during the past two years when I was receiving $350 a month in child support.

In the divorce ruling the judge found that Rich had willfully spent down the martial fund, confirmed his treatment of me was Domestic Violence and put together a plan to pay for the attorney fees etc. He would still retain custody settled on previously in mediation. He was due to get our daughter for Christmas.

An hour later I was contacted by my attorney who informed me that Rich had shot himself earlier in the morning.

So. There it is.
His other ex and I got to tell our children that their father died without saying goodbye to them, or that he loved them, or to my knowledge, left a note for them.

If you've made it this far thank you for giving me space to let this go so I know longer have to hold onto it.
holy poo poo. so sorry you're going through this

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

LadyAmbien posted:

I'd also like to address this, with me, Rich did not get physical. I am 5'11 and I used to weight lift and was in shape. There was one instance where he rushed me and I put my arms out to stop him, another where he pinned me down on the bed, but from what I can recall right now the rest was emotional, financial, verbal and lots of intimidation like punching holes in the wall, throwing and breaking things, screaming in my face.

He did get physical multiple times with his first wife and once with his girlfriend after me.

I know that all three of us spouses loved him very much when we first got together. He was a complex man and it's devastating that there was so much potential there for a happier life if he tried to heal his demons and addictions successfully, and it ended like this.

Most humans are all not good or all bad. I have behaved in ways in my life that I'm not proud of. I don't know what I'm trying to say here really other than that grief is really loving complicated and I wish he had tried harder to heal if not for himself then for his kids. I hated him in recent times, but I also at one time loved him deeply.

My daughter is five, she will fare better than his other children who are in their teens and risk seeing people celebrating their fathers death.

If this is helping you work through this by all means keep posting but please don't think you're obligated to explain anything or talk at all to this group. You deserve 100% better than everything that's happened and I hope we're not dragging you down any more than you already have been.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Shame Boy posted:

As someone who tried to off themselves years ago, if anyone else gets to that point just... fuckin' don't?? Like most people's reactions are "gosh you'll have things to live for in the future" or "isn't there anything you love in life, no matter how small?" but for me, knowing what I know now and looking back on that time, I'm just fuckin' mad that poo poo-rear end fucker tried to kill me. gently caress that rear end in a top hat, what a loving moron, god drat.

So like, don't be a poo poo-rear end fucker, explore every other option. gently caress at least sleep on it before doing anything, it's not like "being dead" is a one-time-only opportunity and you have to act now before the sale ends or whatever.

I hope this helps someone somehow, idk.

This is a real good post. Impulsivity/spur-of-the-moment thinking is a huge part of suicide, and if you're able to put that fucker off, you absolutely should.

OP, I'm sorry that dickhead tried to kill you. Glad they didn't tho :c00lbutt:

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

The tragedy of his life ended in another self-inflicted tragedy. I'm sorry for everyone involved and I hope it's possible to heal from it. You always hope for redemption, but sometimes a victim-blamer blames his victims and then shoots himself rather than accept responsibility for his actions, and there you are. He is who we thought he was. I'm glad this place exists, I'm sorry I believed him, and I'm very glad he's not in charge of this place now.

Death sucks. Suicide sucks. Abuse sucks. Pain sucks.

I hope it's possible for everyone involved to heal from this. At least it's an ending.

Joey_Redd
Jun 12, 2008

Lovable Luciferian posted:

Do we have a confirmed cause of death?

Chrome to the dome

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I caught a ban from Lowtax a few years ago for calling him a vile human being in the Mandy thread while goons were still sucking his cock. How things have changed, and my argument stands

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

LadyAmbien posted:

I have been sitting for hours debating whether or not to disclose this, and I feel like it's something I do need to get off of my chest.
Frankly, I'm tried of being quiet. I've mostly had to stay quiet for years about things happening behind the scenes. I've held things inside so long and so hard my chest physically hurt the same way it is now.

I considered not sharing this out of respect for Rich's parents and sister, but after thinking on the incredibly vitriolic wall of text Rich's Mother sent to me this morning, saying upon many other things, that his blood is on my hands, I need to share it to regain some sense of control over what's taken place in the past 48 hours.

Yesterday I recieved a divorce ruling that would help me and my daughter stay in our home in Canada and allow me to provide a good life for her as well as pay back numerous debts that had accrued during the past two years when I was receiving $350 a month in child support.

In the divorce ruling the judge found that Rich had willfully spent down the martial fund, confirmed his treatment of me was Domestic Violence and put together a plan to pay for the attorney fees etc. He would still retain custody settled on previously in mediation. He was due to get our daughter for Christmas.

An hour later I was contacted by my attorney who informed me that Rich had shot himself earlier in the morning.

So. There it is.
His other ex and I got to tell our children that their father died without saying goodbye to them, or that he loved them, or to my knowledge, left a note for them.

My deepest condolences to you and yours.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Truly sad that he wasn’t able to get help, sort himself out and make amends eventually.

Mental health is a hell of a thing.
A divorced guy in a poor mental state combined with drug use and access to guns is a bad combination, things like this happen way too often.

Regardless of what he’s done, he started this place that some of us have been members of for decades, and despite the new ownership, we’re his legacy.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

If this is helping you work through this by all means keep posting but please don't think you're obligated to explain anything or talk at all to this group. You deserve 100% better than everything that's happened and I hope we're not dragging you down any more than you already have been.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Flint_Paper posted:

This is a real good post. Impulsivity/spur-of-the-moment thinking is a huge part of suicide, and if you're able to put that fucker off, you absolutely should.

OP, I'm sorry that dickhead tried to kill you. Glad they didn't tho :c00lbutt:

Thanks bud :hfive:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
I do recommend locking this thread in a vault in a few days, tbh

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

RIPchard

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

RIP. Sucks he did this to his kids. The monster.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

You can't fix people of their mental health issues, sometimes you just have to get out no matter how much genius is burried underneath. My aunt had a partner like that. He spoke 4 languages fluently and was the smartest person she knew, but I would never be alone in the room with him as a kid, he ended up breaking her arm, getting his head stood on by a drug dealer and being deported back to portugal (twice)

He chose a lovely selfish way to go and I'm glad you're not the one who had to find him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4WfDafHijY

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

anime was right posted:

Post itt everytime you lol that lowtax is dead.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

anime was right posted:

Should be done right now. Ambien's already stated concerns about all the victory dancing and the kids a couple times now. This poo poo is gross as hell.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

sorry to those he has left behind like this

what a dick

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

t3nken posted:

All this to avoid paying out some cash to his wife and kids?

Probably to avoid living with himself before the other things

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Miss Broccoli posted:

lol go gently caress yourself dude

Lol, write six insane paragraphs about it and get banned why doncha?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
So uh, thanks Lowtax for starting a forum that did a good job of being a buffer for the worst the Internet has to offer, that I have enjoyed for a good portion of my adult life.

SA has given me access to a wealth of information about stuff I never thought I would care about (looking at you Everest thread)s) and made the whole Trump/pandemic stuff just a little more hilarious than sad.

Sorry you got so egotistical that you ruined your life bit by bit and made it much worse for the people around you. Guess you hosed around and found out.

What a weird legacy to leave behind.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Post itt everytime you lol that lowtax is dead.

Itt

Time Master
Jul 30, 2020
He'll never be the head of a major corporation now

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004
label switching is fun. i can relate to that.
welp

multiprotocol fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Nov 11, 2021

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Korean Boomhauer posted:

been tellin jeff this for a while now

call it the Furry Holy Land

bring the saga full circle, it is time to repatriate the banished furries

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

LadyAmbien posted:

I'd also like to address this, with me, Rich did not get physical. I am 5'11 and I used to weight lift and was in shape, by this I mean I was physically his equal if not stronger than him. There was one instance where he rushed me and I put my arms out to stop him, another where he pinned me down on the bed, but from what I can recall right now the rest was emotional, financial, verbal and lots of intimidation like punching holes in the wall, throwing and breaking things, screaming in my face.

you deserve so much better than what he did

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

I got 99 problems but a bitc 98 problems

LadyAmbien posted:

This is a tough realization for me, thinking that we were on their side all along, but perhaps we're only making things worse. I don't think this was any of our intentions. I personally apologize for my part in it.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Honky Dong Country posted:

This poo poo is gross as hell.

:jerkbag:

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Fragmaster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UkcZ4LtSE8

Goonspeed golden manbaby 555s 2 heaven

On a huge side note: Frags I hope by some chance you're lurking this thread still and see this, I also would love to see new videos from you, man. I still have my Bill Fillmaff DVDs lol. I still quote your poo poo from time to time just cause it's etched into my heart. Would love to see you post more on SA as well :unsmith:. I wanna thank you for all the laughs you've contributed to us too.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Shame Boy posted:

So far I have only seen one person admit they learned about it on Reddit, but they are now forgiven because someone came here from 4chan

i found it on /r/news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

This is all just really gross. I didn't care for the man, but I hope his children/family can find some peace.

I wanted to say all the people being happy he's dead are kinda hosed up, but after the last few pages I'm just sad he decided to take the easy way out instead of trying to be a better father/person.