Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Brawnfire posted:

That appears to have been the breed based on the Google.

Is this a meme on Pet Island?
It was a goon digging a hole, except they trapped an animal down there with them, so naturally PI was not nice.

e: removed a longer summary of the story since it got linked.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Thanks! The best part of that thread is not the OP and the stupid fiasco, but the story the one goon tells about how their sheepdog loved his goats so much that he chewed through a barn stall, fought a horse, and climbed a wall with fresh stitches while recovering from anaesthesia while wearing a cone or something like that just to get to his goats.
Yeah, they're a strong very focused dog that needs to work. It's really sad when people just break a breed like that's brain by denying them stimulation.

Coolness Averted has a new favorite as of 20:46 on Nov 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh man, I forgot that even the DVangels called that moron out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

The person confusing a dog with a Mexican state is an idiot, but in my experience on social media nine times out of ten when someone goes on a rant about how pitbulls are "naturally vicious" and frames it as "just genetics" or "look at the statistics" it's because they're about two tweets away from dropping "13/50".

It's odd because in the UK at least I have not observed people having the same response to say, german sheps, which are bigger and IME extremely high maintenence and if you don't train them they are often very hard to control and like to jump on people.

I think it's because sheps look prettier.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

OwlFancier posted:

It's odd because in the UK at least I have not observed people having the same response to say, german sheps, which are bigger and IME extremely high maintenence and if you don't train them they are often very hard to control and like to jump on people.

It's because of Warner Bros propaganda.

All dogs do go to heaven though.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Thanks! The best part of that thread is not the OP and the stupid fiasco, but the story the one goon tells about how their sheepdog loved his goats so much that he chewed through a barn stall, fought a horse, and climbed a wall with fresh stitches while recovering from anaesthesia while wearing a cone or something like that just to get to his goats.

I mis-remembered, there were no stitches or cone, and instead of climbing a wall, he tunneled under one.

quote:

When Chief came down with parvo (despite being vaccinated) we thought it would be a wonderful idea to lock him in my tack room while he was recovering, since it was the middle of winter, the whether was poo poo, and he was still pretty weak.

The next morning I came out to see him chillin' with his goats. I thought "Oh, I must not have latched the door properly, silly me" and went to go close it. When I looked inside the tack room, I saw that, no I had closed the door just fine- instead, Chief had chewed a hole through the wall, enabling him to get into my horses stall, then climbed/jumped through the opening in the stall door, and dug underneath the fence to get to where the goats were being kept.

Chief hated horses, because my gelding was a dick and loved to bite and kick dogs, so he normally gave my horses a very wide berth- but that night, he intentionally went directly into my gelding's stall. My gelding had some minor bite wounds on his legs, and Chief limped for several days, making me think that my gelding must have kicked or bitten him in the scuffle. This dog NEVER went near horses willingly, but he was on a mission to get to his goats so he took on a 1200 pound horse without a second thought to do so.

This was all when he was only 6 months old, and again, he was incredibly weak and ill at the time, having just come home from the vet after spending 3 days on an IV. Good luck with your fwuffy new friend, OP. :)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Mega Comrade posted:

except for those class traitors in Paw Patrol

and pitbulls

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Was that Mena and Mina? Their owner seemed to keep them busy and working and cared, but if that's the same story it was just the dog was supposed to be resting and wouldn't take even 5 minutes off.

Edit: I was wrong, but same deal. Some dogs just need to be working.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mega Comrade posted:

It's because of Warner Bros propaganda.

Use the movies full title.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Surely only the cop and drug dog goes to hell, and not the firefighter one or the other rescue ones. (as long as theyre pro vax and have no other regressive positioins/opinions

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The police dog takes up the majority of the emergency services funding, so everyone else is either volunteers or expensive private entities. They've also lead union busting campaigns and fought efforts to make them public services to make sure no funds are diverted away from the police.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

seaborgium posted:

Was that Mena and Mina? Their owner seemed to keep them busy and working and cared, but if that's the same story it was just the dog was supposed to be resting and wouldn't take even 5 minutes off.

Edit: I was wrong, but same deal. Some dogs just need to be working.

Mina hasn't had the opportunity to eat through a wall but when I picked her up as a tiny baby I tried to make her spend the night inside because it was getting down to about 20 F overnight and she screamed until I put her back in the barn with her sheep. Livestock guardian dogs are born to do their job and good luck trying to stop them. She's a great pyrenees, not a maremma though. Pyrs are supposed to be the most chill of the LGDs.

Uncle ShortyB
Oct 18, 2013

"Do you think since your cat is dead I could

You know

Wear it?"
We rescued a dog that turned out to be a Staffy/Lab mix and despite everything saying he should be a "bold, courageous dog" he is the absolute biggest wimp I've ever seen. Like he freaked out about a bug touching him the other day and just ran and hid behind me because it scared him. Like he looks like he'd be a big tough badass and instead of that he gets upset and cries if I take like 2 steps outside without him.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I've got some friends who have a Pyrenees and he's a really sweet dog. When you approach their house though, he will absolutely go on guard and tell you to gently caress right off whether he knows you or not. Once you're in the door, he's just a big ol rug with kind of creaky hips but he knows he's scary as hell when there's a wall or fence between you.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Uncle ShortyB posted:

We rescued a dog that turned out to be a Staffy/Lab mix and despite everything saying he should be a "bold, courageous dog" he is the absolute biggest wimp I've ever seen. Like he freaked out about a bug touching him the other day and just ran and hid behind me because it scared him. Like he looks like he'd be a big tough badass and instead of that he gets upset and cries if I take like 2 steps outside without him.

My aunt and uncle had the biggest two dobermans I have ever seen 20 years ago. Tex was absolutely enormous and clocked in at 120lbs at his peak and Tara wasn't far behind. These two giant dobermans would run alongside your car as you pulled in the driveway which freaked a lot of people out, but as soon as you opened your car door they would book it through the dog door into the house to hide in the bedroom.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mak0rz posted:

Instead of Dog Discourse, have some content.

Malala Yousafzai got married (:unsmith:). The *checks bio* secular humanist, feminist, and human rights defender weighs in

https://twitter.com/taslimanasreen/status/1458637428315492355

Sorry, are they mad that she married someone who isn't white here? WTF?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Midnight Voyager posted:

Sorry, are they mad that she married someone who isn't white here? WTF?

Angry she married a Pakistani man maybe? Also "Paki" is basically the hard-r n-word for the UK, as I understand.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Memento posted:

Angry she married a Pakistani man maybe? Also "Paki" is basically the hard-r n-word for the UK, as I understand.

That lady is Bangladeshi

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it seems to be 'wow us whites let you come to our country and didn't murder you and you thank us by marrying a guy from your home country who is not in any way connected to the psychos who attacked you????'

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

yea it seems to be 'wow us whites let you come to our country and didn't murder you and you thank us by marrying a guy from your home country who is not in any way connected to the psychos who attacked you????'

Problem:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Memento posted:

If it’s so bad why not say the “P word”?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Mak0rz posted:

Malala Yousafzai got married (:unsmith:). The *checks bio* secular humanist, feminist, and human rights defender weighs in

is this slam poetry

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The rivalry between indians and pakistanis cannot be overstated. Apparently Bangladeshis take part in this too.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
She's originally from Bangladesh, a devout atheist and "secularist" who, much like Dawkins and Harris, leans hard into Islamophobia. She went viral when she suggested that a certain Muslim English cricketer who protested advertising alcohol on his uniform should just go ahead and join ISIS. Not surprisingly, she has a large Hindu nationalist following.

Kevin DuBrow has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Nov 11, 2021

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kevin DuBrow posted:

She's originally from Bangladesh, a devout atheist and "secularist" who, much like Dawkins and Harris, leans hard into Islamophobia. She went viral when she suggested that a certain Muslim English cricketer who abstained from alcohol should just go ahead and join ISIS. Not surprisingly, she has a large Hindu nationalist following.

You know, sometimes I forget the Hindu nationalist types. That does make sense, as much as any bullshit makes sense.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Midnight Voyager posted:

You know, sometimes I forget the Hindu nationalist types. That does make sense, as much as any bullshit makes sense.

Yeah, a big thing in India for Diwali this year was #NoBindiNoBusiness because some right-wing Hindus were flipping out about models in Diwali-related ads not wearing bindis. It's some War on Christmas poo poo.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I'd say this person is an idiot, but I've done this too, so now y'all can laugh at both of us. :kiddo:

https://twitter.com/griph/status/1458507940713861125

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

“I want to join a union that does the exact opposite of its job”

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Maybe there’s some kind of organization that will stand up for my right to individual bargaining

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

TinTower posted:

Unfortunately my husband's labor union sucks absolute poo poo and this person would be right at home with his dickhead colleagues.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

workers of the world unite

no, not those workers

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune
Trades unions are filled to the brim with white nationalists I don't know what the gently caress that guy's on about

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Mx. posted:

workers of the world unite

no, not those workers

You joke but this is 100% accurate.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

For real that’s such a great distillation of the what’s-in-it-for-me attitude.

A union, that’s one of those deals where you’re a member of a group and they make your life better? I’m a white guy, that’s a group, right?

Oh you mean you pay money and it might make someone else’s life better? gently caress that then

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

TinTower posted:

What's even sillier is they're not asking for a union that doesn't do union stuff, just they somehow think unions are all IWW tier ultra solidarity with all oppressed people. Their invocation of stonewall reads as "do I have to support and be supported by those people?"
It's also a loving dumb stance even if you're selfish, because LGBT support of the UK mining strikes in 84 were incredibly helpful (and the unions showing solidarity then helped anti discrimination bills pass in Parliament)
I wish unions were the leftist boogeyman that dude thinks they are, I've got 2 shop stewards at my company's sites that are trump voting covid deniers who have made lovely homophobic jokes in front of me, or asked about why I introduced myself with my pronouns in a training I led.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Also this person has rainbow in their posting name

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TinTower posted:

He wants to be a cop.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Coolness Averted posted:

It's also a loving dumb stance even if you're selfish, because LGBT support of the UK mining strikes in 84 were incredibly helpful (and the unions showing solidarity then helped anti discrimination bills pass in Parliament)

That's insanely cool, got any suggested resources where I can read more about the unions and LGBT+ folks joining forces?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

IM ❌DELETING❌ YOU SUICIDAL THOUGHTS!😭👋

██]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 10% complete.....

████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 35% complete....

███████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 60% complete....

███████████] 99% complete.....

🚫ERROR!🚫 💯true💯 suicidal thoughts are irreplaceable 💖I could never delete you suicidal thoughts!💖 Wait wait wait ✋🚫✋🚫whoa there 😰😮 buddy👥! are you 👌okay?suicide is a serious issue 🤔 and should not be taken lightly 💡. 😲👀 Get some 🆘help!😢 1-800-273-8255📱to talk😧or 741741 to 💬text! 😲Don't end👻it before🕖your time is up!⬆😰

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/hellllhoooole/status/1458970753630568448?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

OwlFancier posted:

I think it's because german shepherds are seen as cop dogs