Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I get when they throw in some spanish words like amigo cause thats just fun to say so why wouldn't you do that! Or abuela for your grandma cause thats almost more of a term of endearment.

But these people speak perfect english but then they start talking about how you need a camioneta because la carretera is in bad condition but don't worry they'll borrow one from their tío.

I'm like, what the gently caress are you doing? You are supposed to be a car nut and even though you learned perfect english you never learned the word "pickup"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What the hell the Crew 2 have to offer before Forza 4 ate its lunch? Could your character turn into a car like Turbo Teen?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Also that Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy game looks like the prettiest game you're gonna get sick of the combat of in 3-5 hours. A game with 4 characters but you only get to play as the guy with the laser guns and call everyone in for one attack? The hell is this?

I played it and it’s not actually all that bad. I didn’t get sick of the combat because they do well enough spacing out new combos or gun variations for you to use. Enemies are also vulnerable to certain things and the companions have several different attacks themselves that you can call on. There’s a small bit of strategy to it to stack your companion attacks to get the most damage. Combat is also tough enough that things can go sideways if you’re not paying attention or not using your guns and combos to finish enemies off quickly.

Aside from that the story was pretty good, but the game as a whole was pretty short. It’s extremely on rails and there’s really only one area that you can explore on your own and it’s not all that big. There also aren’t any side quests. I think I put maybe 20 hours total into it, if that.

I thought it was a good, fun game but maybe wait until the price drops some.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

I played it and it’s not actually all that bad. I didn’t get sick of the combat because they do well enough spacing out new combos or gun variations for you to use. Enemies are also vulnerable to certain things and the companions have several different attacks themselves that you can call on. There’s a small bit of strategy to it to stack your companion attacks to get the most damage. Combat is also tough enough that things can go sideways if you’re not paying attention or not using your guns and combos to finish enemies off quickly.

Aside from that the story was pretty good, but the game as a whole was pretty short. It’s extremely on rails and there’s really only one area that you can explore on your own and it’s not all that big. There also aren’t any side quests. I think I put maybe 20 hours total into it, if that.

I thought it was a good, fun game but maybe wait until the price drops some.

Oh don't worry, I wasn't trying to buy it full price. I'm still waiting on Miles Morales dropping on a sale.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

moosecow333 posted:

I'm not a big fan of Rockstar games and from the looks of it these remasters are going to have a few problems, but I'll give them a pass on the music front because the music industry is hosed and it would cost them so much money to license all of the same music again.

They actually probably shot themselves in the foot on that front, insofar as the original games making some songs much more popular so now the labels charge that much more to put them in things..
On the other hand GTA Online is more or less a machine that prints money.

The GTA remasters looks good. But I'll wait to buy them until there's confirmation that the jankier missions (like the train mission) has been tweaked. Or made skippable like they were in GTA V.

Alhazred has a new favorite as of 13:18 on Nov 11, 2021

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Alhazred posted:

On the other hand GTA Online is more or less a machine that prints money.

The GTA remasters looks good. But I'll wait to buy them until there's confirmation that the jankier missions (like the train mission) has been tweaked. Or made skippable like they were in GTA V.

the gta remasters look loving awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEXqEe0ipAQ

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Smooth Andreas

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Good loving lord.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Final Fantasy V just got re-released as the pixel remaster and it's good. This has nothing to do with the thread, and it has a few bugs to be patched, but it thankfully replaces the dreadful phone port.

It also sounds like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8acSnOSMVq8

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

moosecow333 posted:

I'm not a big fan of Rockstar games and from the looks of it these remasters are going to have a few problems, but I'll give them a pass on the music front because the music industry is hosed and it would cost them so much money to license all of the same music again.

They actually probably shot themselves in the foot on that front, insofar as the original games making some songs much more popular so now the labels charge that much more to put them in things.

That said, I totally get where you're coming from, the music from Vice City and San Andreas helped shape my preferences to this day so losing any song is unfortunate.

Money, the one thing Rockstar doesn't have! GTA V only made billions :(

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Rockstar is a trash company and has been for a while.

But don't worry, this 'definitive' edition, probably made by three people in the back room of the GTA v online offices, will make millions.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh I don't doubt that for even a second. GTAO is exploitative trash, they couldn't even be assed to spend a tiny fraction of their billions of revenue on a decent backend (let alone dedicated servers) and spent about 99% of their efforts against cheaters on people who cheated in money (instead of the guys who just turn other players into static props or just explode everyone on the map with one command), there have been more or less open cheats and hacks for money available for GTAO since the beginning but people STILL buy monopoly money cards for hilarious prices en masse. Many people will be buying GTA V/O for the 4th time soon. The same trick worked for RDR2. It will work for the GTA "No Mods, No Masters" Definitive Edition.

I'm glad I still have those games on discs somewhere...

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

The GTA remaster looks about the same as Square's old non pixel remasters, just throw the new high Def tech at it, while ignoring that it completely removes whatever charm the original ls had.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Final Fantasy V just got re-released as the pixel remaster and it's good. This has nothing to do with the thread, and it has a few bugs to be patched, but it thankfully replaces the dreadful phone port.

It also sounds like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8acSnOSMVq8

Holy poo poo, this is easily a new top three Clash on the Big Bridge version. That horn section is going insane.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
My four year old heard this and said "whose phone is this coming from? I like this kind of music."

Me too kid, me too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
you can permanently lock yourself out of collectibles in Guardians if the Galaxy by making certain dialogue choices

the only way to get collectibles missed in this way is to start a new game, as the chapter select doesn’t let you alter the outcomes of choices made in earlier chapters

gotg is not a game that would hold up well on repeat playthroughs

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Morpheus posted:

Rockstar is a trash company and has been for a while.

But don't worry, this 'definitive' edition, probably made by three people in the back room of the GTA v online offices, will make millions.

The Remasters weren't made by Rockstar, they were made by the same team that made the incompetent Mobile ports that broke Lighting, Features, removed music, and broke the camera controls. Anyone thinking the remaster would be good was delusional

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Last I checked they were still selling emulations of the originals on the PS4 store, or maybe not the original originals but rather the re-releases that were released in the first trilogy pack/on mobile that already removed some of the music (most notably Billie Jean from Vice City), as well as some racist dialogue from Vice City and Hot Coffee from San Andreas (and made the mission with the remote control plane somewhat tolerable)... I'm guessing these will no longer be available?

I've played the games multiple times, even platting all three on PS4 against my better judgement, but... idk, these remasters look real bad and I wonder how they'll deal with some of the very early 2000s "humour" that probably won't fly today, even minor things like the in-game name for vespas.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I wonder how they'll deal with some of the very early 2000s "humour" that probably won't fly today, even minor things like the in-game name for vespas.

Rockstar will be too busy diving into piles of money to give a poo poo. Besides, they have weird nerds on the internet to defend them.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

My Lovely Horse posted:

Rockstar has released the radio tracklists for the GTA remasters and whoof, I was prepared for a few tracks from the originals to be missing but it's over 40 in total that apparently dropped out and they're all super iconic for the games. Puts me right on the fence about getting them, even though there's still plenty good stuff left.

Does Vice City still have Video Killed The Radio Star?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The iconic Vice City song for me is still A Flock of Seagulls' "I Ran". I think that was in the original commercials, IIRC.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

christmas boots posted:

Does Vice City still have Video Killed The Radio Star?
According to the list it does not!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-11-10-heres-the-gta-trilogy-remasters-full-radio-station-track-listing-according-to-rockstar

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
God the definitive edition is such a poo poo show.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

So why even release this piece of poo poo??????

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Aw poo poo, here we go again

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Wait how were they unable to get the Love Fist music on the radio, they completely hosed over the band who made it and got all rights :psyduck:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

the gta remasters look loving awful

really nailing that playstation 1 prerendered cutscene aesthetic

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Slay the Spire could be the perfect mobile game if it weren't for the awful startup time

I think that goes for a lot of mobile games now that I think about it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Last I checked they were still selling emulations of the originals on the PS4 store, or maybe not the original originals but rather the re-releases that were released in the first trilogy pack/on mobile that already removed some of the music (most notably Billie Jean from Vice City), as well as some racist dialogue from Vice City and Hot Coffee from San Andreas (and made the mission with the remote control plane somewhat tolerable)... I'm guessing these will no longer be available?

I've played the games multiple times, even platting all three on PS4 against my better judgement, but... idk, these remasters look real bad and I wonder how they'll deal with some of the very early 2000s "humour" that probably won't fly today, even minor things like the in-game name for vespas.

They delisted those versions in anticipation of the remaster.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I was sure they would half-rear end those ports, but I'm impressed to the degree they half-assed those ports. Barely a quarter-rear end.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't really care for Rockstar games.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The best GTA game was Saints Row 3. :colbert:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Saints Row 3 is bad compared to 2, and San Andreas blows 'em both outta the water

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Imagined posted:

The best GTA game was Saints Row 3. :colbert:

Maybe if it was not such an obvious mess.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I like GTA-alikes like Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs, but I have never enjoyed playing an actual GTA game (and I've tried several).

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
San Andreas was cool but in terms of gameplay and QoL features it's about a decade behind Saints Row 2 (it only came out four years earlier).

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

orcane posted:

San Andreas was cool but in terms of gameplay and QoL features it's about a decade behind Saints Row 2 (it only came out four years earlier).

I don't like the controls in the GTA games and also the failing in the middle of long missions. I want to like the RDR games but so much of what you have to do I fond repetitive, mundane and kind of dull. Stuff like brushing my horse and brewing coffee doesn't engage me, as beautiful and as well made as those games are.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Rockstar to me is basically the western equivalent of Squaresoft, or Kojima. They fell in love with their own "storytelling" and increasingly resent that you might actually want to play a game in between the movie they really want to show you.

Imagined has a new favorite as of 03:27 on Nov 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't really get the dragstrip challenges in Forza Horizon. Every one I've done in 5 is just
1) Hold accelerate
2) Win by substantial margin