Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Psion posted:

i know this is autocorrect but finding your covid at covid amuses me

Yo dog, I heard you like Covid, so I put Covid in your Covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

phosdex posted:

Is anyone using the car+home insurance through Costco? The quotes I got are cheaper than my current but I suppose it really comes down to the service when you need it.

Tried to but they denied me because I made an insurance claim with an entirely different company when I was renting a house that had a basement flood and I lost a ton of stuff stored there. Kinda stupid.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Psion posted:

i know this is autocorrect but finding your covid at covid amuses me

Gotta go to the source!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

schreibs posted:

Tried to but they denied me because I made an insurance claim with an entirely different company when I was renting a house that had a basement flood and I lost a ton of stuff stored there. Kinda stupid.

Insurance makes less money if you're one of those people who "knows how to file a claim". I assume this sort of thing is covered by state laws and regulations about what can disqualify you / affect rates.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Planning my day around a costco trip rn

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:smith:

These are the ones I have.

Good thing I stocked the hell up on them. I really should have gotten the large though. I wear a 10.5-11 usually and these are difficult to put on. But I kinda like the tightness.

I have these too and they're great. That's what got me onto the Costco merino wool socks. I had the REI ones and was walking past the sock/underwear area at the 'co and spotted them and picked 'em up.

I wear nothing but wool socks unless I'm running or working out (rare).

I've been a big fan of these for years. The last batch I got (probably the same as you) were a little on the tight side, but no complaints.

I got the new ones a couple weeks ago. They're 57% Merino Wool | 40% Nylon | 3% Spandex. They don't feel like the outdoor socks of old, but they're comfortable. They're a lot easier to pair out of the laundry than the old "is this black, blue or brown?" game I had to play every week.

My wife knits, and she's made me wool and wool-blend socks. They're lovely, but you really, really need some amount of nylon/spandex in the blend or they wind up feeling like you've got a pair of dice bags on your feet.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
When it's -10F outside, and the local news is saying OMG STAY INSIDE YOU'LL DIE, you can slip those socks on over your other socks, and put on your 3 layers including the balaclava you also bought at Costco, and snowblow your long driveway in warmth while the neighbors peek out the curtains at you and fret.

Like me a few years ago in Ohio.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

GORDON posted:

When it's -10F outside, and the local news is saying OMG STAY INSIDE YOU'LL DIE, you can slip those socks on over your other socks, and put on your 3 layers including the balaclava you also bought at Costco, and snowblow your long driveway in warmth while the neighbors peek out the curtains at you and fret.

Like me a few years ago in Ohio.

I don't like the merino socks for daily use, but I love them for this use. Outdoor work or hiking, they are great.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I think I sold my mom on the credit card today. All I told her is the amount of money I'm already getting back. Still have 2 months to go!

FAH Q
Aug 19, 2007

Certified Monster Fucker
Is anyone else addicted to the Haagen-Dazs peppermint & dark chocolate squares? I saw them again and didn't even feel bad buying half the boxes available.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Those sound good. I just signed up for Costco after a 10 year break and I'll have to look for those.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FAH Q posted:

Is anyone else addicted to the Haagen-Dazs peppermint & dark chocolate squares? I saw them again and didn't even feel bad buying half the boxes available.

They are so goddamn good.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My dog demolishes these things in about 3 minutes so I didn't buy, but fyi for the discerning dog owner

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is that a empanada

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lol, someone is having fun designing those and I dig it.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

FogHelmut posted:

My dog demolishes these things in about 3 minutes so I didn't buy, but fyi for the discerning dog owner

saw them the other day and HAD to buy it. the card one says Executive Dog :3:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Lol, someone is having fun designing those and I dig it.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Fallom posted:

Is that a empanada

I thought a croissant.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

"Sheddar Cheese" (Cheddar Cheese Wedge) - squeaker, packed with fluff, crazy crinkle

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Have other people bought appliances at Costco? I'm in the market for a stackable electric washer/dryer.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I haven't bought an appliance there but when I walk by them in the store it looks like mostly all brand name stuff. Assuming they aren't all special snowflake Costco-only models, you should be able to compare deals with other stores.

I have been eyeing a $200 chest freezer that is some brand I have never heard of, but I have had good luck with rando chest freezers in the past. And I hope Costco wouldn't be selling a cruddy one in the first place.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco appliances seem to be good deals on higher end items, but you can find stuff that does the job for much cheaper elsewhere. I'm a fan of Sears Outlet because only I see my washer and dryer and it really doesn't matter to me if there is a scratch or it's an open box return. However I would not get a delivery from them, you should rent a truck or something if possible.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I bought a laundry appliance set from Costco. They go on sale pretty regularly and the stacking of executive and Costco cc discounts made it the way to go.

You can pay a bit less from outlets or major sales but you make up for it in the convenience at Costco.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I bought a dishwasher at Costco. They showed up at the scheduled time, unhooked my functioning but old dishwasher, threw it in the back of a truck, and told me that the installer would be in touch to schedule an installation. The next availability the installer had was like 2-3 weeks out. (edit: realized I didn't say that they dropped off the new one too, so I had a big dishwasher-shaped hole in my kitchen, a new dishwasher in the box in my living room, and no actual dishwasher to wash dishes)

Costco ended up covering us finding someone else to do the installation first but I don't think I'd risk doing that again. I've bought appliances from Best Buy, Lowe's, and Home Depot and they've all shown up and been installed quickly and on time; only Costco has ever hosed up for me.

Cockblocktopus fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 15, 2021

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Appliance stock at Costco is hit or miss and their delivery times are sometimes weeks out but if you find a set you like it's a good deal.

The value in buying appliances at Costco is that most come with a 2 year warranty standard which doubles if you use the Costco card. 4 years free warranty on finicky appliances is a good buy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I bought a fridge at costco (online) mostly because the delivery and haul away were included.

Overall it's a good fridge and I'm happy with it but I would have liked to have seen it in person, the levers to adjust humidity on the crisper drawers are really annoying how they interfere with closing the drawers.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Taking the old appliances away and delivery is most important. Tbh if you can't install a dishwasher or washer/dryer then you fail as a homeowner.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I have enough poo poo to do in my life. I have a job so I can pay people to do poo poo for me.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
One thing I notice though, is that if Costco is selling it than its probably the top 1-2 bang for your buck item in it's class according to their own and independent people.

When I was in the market for a washer/dryer I looked there and they were all the right models, but I ended up saving a couple hundred bucks and getting a deal on the year old best in class dryer at a local Brandsmart.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Renegret posted:

I have enough poo poo to do in my life. I have a job so I can pay people to do poo poo for me.

This.

I understand how to install dishwasher, but I no longer have the back or desire to crawl around on the floor of my kitchen to save the $0.00 free installation cost me.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I’ve bought deep freezes washer dryer, dishwasher, refrigerators all from CC.

The drop off / install for dishwashers was truly unique as up above… install was included so after delivery was scheduled I disconnected my old one that barely worked and they did the same “oh we’re dropping this off someone else will install”. That was obnoxious to clear my next few hours and get after it unplanned.

Every other appliance like W/D etc. the same people who dropped off did the install, which was included. I’ve also had weird things like it took them dropping off 3 different deep freezes to get one blemish free and functional.

Anyway if they have the one you want it’s not bad and pretty set and forget. Just clarify which crew will be installing.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

fizzymercury posted:

It's weird, even for a jarred sauce. It's sour and runny and almost, but not quite, entirely unlike alfredo.

That sounds dangerously close to Almost Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLHRjaUBb3o

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Hed posted:

Every other appliance like W/D etc. the same people who dropped off did the install, which was included. I’ve also had weird things like it took them dropping off 3 different deep freezes to get one blemish free and functional.

I bought a bunch of appliances from CC, Lowe's, etc. as part of a remodel 2 years ago and it was shocking how badly stuff gets messed up in shipping. Most were minimal enough to not be worth sending back, with the exception of the fridge. The first two were too damaged to function, the third was lots of cosmetic stuff but they didn't have any more available and just gave it to me at a massive discount.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I bought a new chest freezer but they didn't install it for me so it sits here in my living room.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Any suggestions on using Costco as a remote office?

Waiting for a few hours while my wife’s car gets new tires

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
Went yesterday to Everett, MA. Got my flu shot and Covid booster, wasn't too crowded. I originally got the pfizer 6 months ago and got a moderna booster, I just lied on the website when I made the appointment because they try to make you get a booster from the same brand, but the guy shooting me didn't care at all.

No onion dispenser here yet though.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

RocketLunatic posted:

Grab one of the tall dining chairs from the furniture area and pull it up to the laptop display. Growl at anyone that gets near.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

RocketLunatic posted:

Scream into your cellphone

BUY

SELL

BUY

SELL

So that people know you're an important business person.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

RocketLunatic posted:

Post up in the food court eating dog after dog after dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Barry posted:

Post up in the food court eating dog after dog after dog

The fuckin dream