Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
most of the servers are low pop on US primetime, I still log in to kill stuff every other day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thenre
Nov 17, 2009
Thinking about starting a second toon to play with goons. What's the weekend warrior/fresh toon scene looking like on Pyrallis?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Any truth to a crafting experience nerf coming soon? Its already quite a slog to level most things. Everything requires a massive amount of materials to get to 200

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

ZombieCrew posted:

Any truth to a crafting experience nerf coming soon? Its already quite a slog to level most things. Everything requires a massive amount of materials to get to 200

Based on PTR data experience gained for higher tier crafting is improved, making it more worthwhile to craft the higher level stuff. But overall exp needed is also increased at a higher rate than crafts are. So yes, this ends up being a nerf to the leveling speed. Of course it is PTR so it might change.

Dumb though that they are even considering changing stuff like that now. To be fair the whole crafting situation is a big hassle because of the storage situation, so I can't be bothered anyway.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So I am the only one with infused fur on my server and I have no idea what to sell it at.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://forums.newworld.com/t/status-of-the-118-weekly-patch/536011

quote:

Hi Everyone!

We wanted to provide a brief status update for our weekly patch. At this time, we have decided to hold our publish this week in favor of incorporating the intended changes into our next release. Doing so will allow our team additional testing and polish time of a bigger update we are preparing to deploy next week. If you would like a glimpse into some of the new changes we have in store, please check out the New World Public Test Realm and send us your feedback! Additional information about the New World PTR can be found here 2.4k.

Have a great rest of your week and see you in Aeternum!

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Full weapon skill balance changes on the ptr are below. Overall some good changes, nerfs to mages are questionable and a buff to hammer? Mighty gavel already does a ton of damage. As a spear user, I’m down with these buffs.

Great Axe
“Gravity” passive updated to “After you cause a pull, your foe is rooted for 0.25 seconds”
Whirlwind now has grit.

Hammer
wrecking ball fortify buff duration increased 4s → 7s
wrecking ball damage increased 120% → 130%
mighty gravel cooldown reduced 22s → 20s
mighty gravel base dmg increased 160% → 170%
mighty gravel final upgrade dmg increased 200% → 220%
armor breaker rend upgrade buffed 15% → 20%
armor breaker does 25% bonus dmg to full hp enemy instead of 15% (final upgrade)
warhammer exhaustion from abilities passive now reduces enemy stamina regen by 20% instead of 15%

Sword
leaping strike dmg buffed 135% → 150%
leaping strike cooldown reduced 25s → 18s
shield bash weaken extended 4s → 10s

Hatchet
aoe disease cloud duration 3s → 6s
disease throw debuff durations 5s → 10s
disease throw on <30% hp enemy debuff durations upgrade 15s
rending throw cooldown reduced 15s → 8s

Spear
Cyclone base dmg increased 110% → 130%
Sweep ‘coup de grac’ bonus attack buffed dmg 125% → 150%
Perforate base dmg of each hit increased 70% → 80%
Skewer bleed DoT/tick dmg increased 10% per second → 20% per second

Bow
Poison shot cooldown reduced 35s → 30s
Poison shot direct hit upgrade nerfed 200% → 150% dmg
Poison shot can no longer headshot.
Rain of arrows aoe radius reduced by 0.5 meters
Rapid Shot cooldown reduced 20 sec → 14 sec

Musket
sticky bomb base dmg increased 175% → 235%
power shot cooldown reduced 15s → 12s
shooter’s stance cooldown reduced 20s → 18s
stopping power cooldown redcued 18s → 15s

Rapier
Tondo (bleed) cooldown reduced 11s → 6s
Riposte stun base duration increased 1.5s → 2s
Riposte stun duration upgrade increased 2s → 2.5s
Riposte cooldown reduced 20s → 12s
Momentum final passive buff increased 25% → 30% damage

Fire Staff
Fireball can no longer crit.
Over 50% mana passive nerfed 10% empower → 5%
Bonus ability crit chance passive nerfed 15% crit → 10%
No dmg taken in for 3 seconds bonus dmg passive nerfed 10% → 5%
Holding fire staff crit damage passive nerfed 20% → 15%
Rune of Helious bonus dmg nerfed 30% → 25%
Flamethrower base dmg increased 34% → 50%
Dmg when under 50% max hp passive nerfed 20% → 15% bonus dmg
Pillar of Fire base dmg buffed 134% → 170%
Singe/Watch it burn swap places (makes it hard to reach rune of helios)

Ice Gauntlet
Ice shower cooldown increased 20s → 30s
Wind Chill base damage increased 16% → 20%
Bonus crit dmg at full stamina reduced 15% → 10%
Ice Storm damage ticks 3 times a second instead of 4 times a second
Ultimate chill nerfed from 35% damage to 25%
Heavy Freeze roots now have 5 second cooldown

Life Staff
Blissful Touch (LMB heal) → 20% —>16% (20% healing nerf)
orb of protection HoT nerfed 7.5% → 6% weapon dmg
beacon HoT nerfed 20% → 16%
light’s embrace base heal nerfed 100% → 80%
divine embrace base heal nerfed 150% → 120%
splash of light base heal buffed 50% → 60%
sacred ground HoT nerfed 20% → 16%
sacred ground duration nerfed 15s → 12s
sacred ground stamina/mana regen buff nerfed 100% → 50%
enchanted justice passive nerfed 10% HoT → 8%
Light’s Embrace Connection —> Increase from 1% mana per buff to 2% mana per buff
Splash of Light’s shared recovery → 5% mana restored for people under 50% health

Sacred Ground cast distance increased:
distance: 20 → 25 meters 121

Not skill tree related:
Light armor is 20% damage and 30% healing bonus
Medium armor is 10% damage and 15% healing bonus

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Did they change the way combat works in the past few days?

All the sudden, mobs are just crushing me for no reason. Is there some kind of damage mitigation meta I'm missing? 2-3 level 34 mobs are absolutely wrecking me at level 44.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Devs confirmed great axe / warhammer gamers

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Is it true that penetrating shot can't be used right after firing a heavy shot? I'd read that it was changed on the PTR. This would really suck because heavy shot -> penetrating shot is a great opener.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
fire staff is going to be fine.

the build is going to change a lot though, the new fire staff builds coming out are pretty fuckin wacky and they hurt people

ice gauntlet needs those nerfs bad (or I need to switch to medium armor).

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 12, 2021

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Is there anyone here that really dominates in open world pvp through range and kiting? It looks like fire/ice and swapping in life staff as needed and running light armor would be pretty OP for open world kiting. Anyone have feedback on this? What potions and foods are necessary?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

bow/rapier is what people usually use for that

kites anything, does enough damage to kill at range, escapes for days

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Ad by Khad posted:

bow/rapier is what people usually use for that

kites anything, does enough damage to kill at range, escapes for days

In my limited experience, a really good rapier player is hard as hell to 1v1 so if they're tapping you with a bow constantly too then that is gonna be a nightmare

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

Does one or both of bow and rapier have abilities that give a net positive for speed like fire staff and great axe?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
A relatively quick and cheap way i've found to boost territory standing (and Arcana too, I guess) is to just go to an arcana shop with a poo poo load of hyssop and water and create a ton of small healing potions. You can trash them afterwards, but if you look around sometimes you can find hyssop for like .03 - .05 a piece on the market and then just go to the nearest river to collect a ton of free fresh water. You get 2 territory standing per potion, so if you can come up with 5k hyssop (250 gold at .05 a pop), you can get a pretty quick and cheap 10k territory standing.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

cosmicjim posted:

Does one or both of bow and rapier have abilities that give a net positive for speed like fire staff and great axe?

rapier does, bow also does in addition to 20% base runspeed

and dex users have more dodges than everyone else

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Ad by Khad posted:

fire staff is going to be fine.

the build is going to change a lot though, the new fire staff builds coming out are pretty fuckin wacky and they hurt people

ice gauntlet needs those nerfs bad (or I need to switch to medium armor).

What are you seeing for new fs builds? Does the flamethrower change make a heavy incinerate/flamethrower build more viable for war?

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

A relatively quick and cheap way i've found to boost territory standing (and Arcana too, I guess) is to just go to an arcana shop with a poo poo load of hyssop and water and create a ton of small healing potions. You can trash them afterwards, but if you look around sometimes you can find hyssop for like .03 - .05 a piece on the market and then just go to the nearest river to collect a ton of free fresh water. You get 2 territory standing per potion, so if you can come up with 5k hyssop (250 gold at .05 a pop), you can get a pretty quick and cheap 10k territory standing.

I leveled arcana from 1-150 almost entirely with hyssop and water in windsward.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

if you dont need the extreme kite/chase potential you can swap rapier with spear and instead gain an entire world of CC for dive/counter-dive

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

hyssop is useful next patch, I don't recommend this right now

3 weeks ago yes, right now no

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Which is better, musket or bow?

I'm level 20 and trying to decide which to use while leveling up.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Slow News Day posted:

Which is better, musket or bow?

I'm level 20 and trying to decide which to use while leveling up.

Bow is overall more damage in all circumstances (PvE and pvp) but has a much higher player skill requirement and ceiling

musket is king of (counter)siege in that if you see it you can hit it and so offensive wars benefit from 3-5 maxed out musketeers blowing up defensive siege

musket is easier to hit with overall than bow but costs a lot of damage as a result (you also have to stop moving through the full 2s reload animation which suuuuuucks while you can dodge between shots with a bow and still kite)

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

if you dont need the extreme kite/chase potential you can swap rapier with spear and instead gain an entire world of CC for dive/counter-dive

hyssop is useful next patch, I don't recommend this right now

3 weeks ago yes, right now no

How come?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Hyssop prices probably gonna jump some in advance of the patch. Idk if it’s much of an arbitrage opportunity tho cause it’s so easy to get and so cheap

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

idiotsavant posted:

Hyssop prices probably gonna jump some in advance of the patch. Idk if it’s much of an arbitrage opportunity tho cause it’s so easy to get and so cheap

It’ll still go up because even though we’re at peak laziness sitting down and moving fingers to play a video game some people are still too lazy to do more than go to an AH and buy what they need.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

the price already did jump but I'm not really bothering to buy order it, just putting into storage what I get when I need spices / do pvp quests

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

Do the crafting materials not dropping on live seem to be dropping on PTR yet?
Life crystal core, fire crystal core. Think there’s about 8-12 items.

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007
Why is hyssop going to jump in price with the next patch? Is that 2 territory rep per craft only with the next patch?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Hyssop is a required precursor ingredient for a lot of arcana in the new patch

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

i've dumped about 2000 hyssop on the damned ground

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

gently caress Man posted:

i've dumped about 2000 hyssop on the damned ground

https://youtu.be/gAYL5H46QnQ

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
AGS seems uhhh really bad at balancing.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

causticBeet posted:

AGS seems uhhh really bad

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

causticBeet posted:

Oh? Did they update the ptr?

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
This is a monster update coming up, drat. A ton of balance changes, content, addressing of major concerns with the game (enemy variety, quest variety, etc). Their latest dev blog also provides a decent road map of what’s coming later.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Ort posted:

This is a monster update coming up, drat. A ton of balance changes, content, addressing of major concerns with the game (enemy variety, quest variety, etc). Their latest dev blog also provides a decent road map of what’s coming later.

Yeah, I missed this roadmap, but looks promising. Looks like merges are coming, but they are going to attempt to be smart about how servers are merged together. I'm also happy to hear they are looking into better ways to incentivize players to switch to the under dog factions.

Dev Blog from yesterday:

https://forums.newworld.com/t/dev-blog-update-on-current-issues-2/538731

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

causticBeet posted:

Look, the hammer and axe clearly needed to be buffed. Just overlook the fact that Fireball's base damage is getting nerfed despite it's +damage upgrade still causing it to do less damage.

They must really hate ice gauntlet, 30 second cooldown on ice storm plus the 580 quest one has loving DEX on it and the 600 GS one has Unending Thaw which is still bugged form day one to make the ice storm do 0 damage.

At this point I'm pretty sure AGS has hired the top guys from MWO as consultants.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

My favorite part is no minimap because MY IMMERSION. Never mind literally every other piece of UI which the same argument could be made for.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
My immersion would be a lot better with a minimap because otherwise I literally open the map every 5 seconds. Definitely a BS response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

LuckyCat posted:

My favorite part is no minimap because MY IMMERSION. Never mind literally every other piece of UI which the same argument could be made for.

Well, ignoring that bit, they aren't wrong about the rest though. At least in terms of spotting open world pvp players crouched in bushes. Currently that can hide your nameplate. A minimap would just make them spotted. And if the minimap didn't display that information, there isn't much point to the minimap. But, whatever.