Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote PMom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Pinterest Mom (3): Maerlyn, t a s t e, Sandwolf
Sandwolf (1): Pinterest Mom
t a s t e (1): Voodoofly

Not Voting (0):

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 12th, 2021 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 50 minutes.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Voodoofly posted:

why would pmom vote hal day 2 when hal and sand were running neck and neck? taste's vote on minus seems way more plausible as scum not wanting to vote two townies and thinking it wouldn't go anywhere.

it's way more risky bussing a scum bud day 2 than day 1 when you are already down a scum.

Pmom floated Hal/Obama as scum, Obama said something like he didn't want to vote for either Hal or Sand, Pmom knowing Hal would flip scum why not sever and try to coast through the rest of the game? I tracked him N1 which is a nice backup to claim innocence.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sorry didn't see hammer

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It looks like the bridge claims one more victim. Walking back to the dorm together, in silence. Just 5 of you left. You look back to see Jang Deok-Soo lagging behind. The guards motion for him to keep up, and that's when you see it. A long slick of blood trailing behind. He must have caught a shard of glass in the gut when that bridge exploded for entirely good reasons. He might have been an rear end in a top hat who landed himselves in the games due to his own selfishness, but the same can be said for most of you. Either way he is dead now, you have no time to mourn as you are rushed the rest of the way back to the dorms.

Shooting everyone who lost was a bad system, we need to make sure that there is collateral damage too for these games.

Pinterest Mom playing as Jang Deok-Soo, TOWN-aligned Vanilla has been executed D5.

N5 Starts now, please get all actions in within 24 hours.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Never saw that coming did we.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

You barely have time to process once heading back into the dorms when you are presented with a change of clothes. Tuxedoes. You are instructed to change and that congratulations are in order. A feast will be had tonight.

But a feast is not what is on your mind at the moment. Your survival is in the forefront and all of the money up for grabs is a close second.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also voting taste tomorrow. Sand if you are scum well played. Maer if you are scum well played. If I die tonight then good riddance.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Scum Sandwolf will kill voodoo

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh well not now sheesh

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I hope scum will kill me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoo is towniest so he’s probably dead

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Voodoo is towniest so he’s probably dead

scum willing

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

As long as it’s clear that there’s no world in which I’d kill mae here I’m cool

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

It's taste or sand so I tracked one of them. If it's Voodoo he fooled me too (I did catch the "Prophet" role and think you were being cute and it's Profit).

Your insistence that taste can charge and kill does make me think Voodoo could get game info and kill but I just think both are unlikely.

I think if Sand were town and Taste were scum he probably would have killed him a long time ago (there's really no reason Sand should still be alive here).

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

(I did catch the "Prophet" role and think you were being cute and it's Profit).

I promise you I'm not that clever

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s almost certainly Sandy

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Taste, if you and OA both visit when you charge, why didn’t you clear OA for merks kill? You said he could still be scum when you were warning the town not to execute him. But by your logic both of you would have visited Mae to charge her so there shouldn’t have been any way for OA to make a kill.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Masonry charged mae last night, weird that scum decided to kill merk

You claim you both visit when you charge. So if you both visited Mae, and merk died, why not vouch for OA not being able to be scum? Or likewise why didn’t OA not vouch for you? After OA said you were likely scum along with me. You also went out of your way to make it clear OA could still be scum and you did nothing to dissuade people from voting OA.

So why does you charging Mae now confirm you as town?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I genuinely have no idea what you’re talking about

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that is to say I don’t know when you’re referring to but as you have seen I expected two remaining scum, so clearly one might be scum even if they didn’t commit a kill

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Maybe this is what voodoo is referring to?

t a s t e posted:

If you lynch me today, I just ask that you don't auto-lynch Obama tomorrow under the logic that one of us is guaranteed scum. He very well could be but he has little reason to suggest charging mae as scum imo

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'm tracking taste, if I'm alive to give results we'll see but I think it's Sand.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

Maybe this is what voodoo is referring to?

Pretty much. If I think I can clear someone there, I just say "there could be more than one scum left, but OA didn't kill merk because they targeted mae with me."

OA didn't say anything either.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This hasn’t been my best game but I’m not putting any energy into this until I know o survive the night.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Voodoofly posted:

Pretty much. If I think I can clear someone there, I just say "there could be more than one scum left, but OA didn't kill merk because they targeted mae with me."

OA didn't say anything either.

Pretty sure we claimed we both visited the target early on

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Just submit the kill! Come on!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The meal was good, probably. Most of you barely touched it. Down to 4 players means that the end is very close. You can almost taste the money. You can definitely taste the death you were directly responsible for though. There were hundreds of you at the start of this, the dorms felt alive. But tonight. There is nothing but oppressive silence. You each secreted the kinves from dinner into your tux jackets, I'm sure they will be of use in the morning.

Restless sleep comes to you all when the lights go out. You never really thought about how uncomfortable sleeping in a tuxedo would be, they really aren't meant for this, and the range of movement isn't great either.

In the morning, after some amount of sleep, the lighs turn back on and you see one fewer person. The beds are arranged at the 4 cardinal directions of the room, so it is hard to miss it, but there is no Kang Sae-Byeok.

Maerlyn playing as Kang Sae-Byeok, TOWN-aligned 2-shot Tracker has been killed N5.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:siren:Game Alert:siren:

Almost as quickly as you notice that the North Korean defector is dead, an announcement comes over the loud speakers and guards stream is.

It is time for the final game. Today is when the winners or winner will be determined. You will be playing the titular Squid Game. I'm not going to explain it to you, because you all obviously know it, and I'll let the VIPs get told about it as a narrative device. And it was explained at the beginning of the series apropos of nothing. But now when it is relevant, we'll just set you in a muddy patch of earth and let you beat the poo poo out of eachother.

You notice that there is a large electronic screen on one of the walls with what looks like betting odds. While this game may be for an untold amount of wealth for each of you (well, it's a told amount of wealth, 45.3 Billion Won +100 million Won for each player who loses today), it looks like far greater sums of money might be being exchanged behind the scenes. In this game you are the horses.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): Sandwolf, t a s t e, Voodoofly

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, I think it’s pretty obvious I wouldn’t throw away a player who thought I was town and Sandy was scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

And since scum voodoo would have killed me and voted with mae to lynch Sandwolf, that of course removes all doubt

##vote sandwolf

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anyway while the presumed response here is “you killed her because she’s a tracker and said she’d track you!” what this flip actually reveals is that I have been choosing to charge the tracker all game. Since the case before was that I was doing so as scum because I’m a ninja you’d instead have to believe that I was just running an insane risk, instead of the simpler explanation:

Leaving mae alive would result in a Sandwolf vote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

As long as it’s clear that there’s no world in which I’d kill mae here I’m cool

This is actually pinging me the most, why even make this post.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

To make the kill choice more obnoxious

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m not voting voodoo so you may as well vote me and get this over with

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote taste

As good a shot as any, taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The anticipation mounts lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sand, you didn't kill me in marbles so I'll return the favor. GG if you are scum.

##vote taste