Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Played some Fantasy stroke today for the first time in a year or so. Funnily enough it resets you to the bottom tier of ranked mode if you don't play the game for long enough. Felt like I was smurfing or something, since there are a lot of apparent beginners to fighting games at that level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

dhamster posted:

Fantasy stroke

:biglips:

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I saw the typo but I decided to just roll with it

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1458918085956550658?s=20

IT'S JAM

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hoping for Happy Chaos because I want to know what they'll do with him, but I'll take Jamuel Kuradoberi.

People in the replies saying Testament and I sure hope not.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

didnt they already say the next two characters would be new guys and the last character would be a returning character or did i make that up

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

chumbler posted:

People in the replies saying Testament and I sure hope not.

God I hope it is.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

didnt they already say the next two characters would be new guys and the last character would be a returning character or did i make that up

I think I saw someone post that but it sounded fake

sam16
Oct 29, 2007
Pillbug
Going back to the Guilty Gear references, Giovanna has one that isn't music related. At full meter she's a Brazilian with green skin and bright red hair.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Man I hope it's jam, she's fun

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i hope they make jam not racist this time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Will they still change her underwear for every day of the week

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
In case people weren't aware there was datamined info for the other characters when the game launched and Goldlewis and Jack-O were on the list.

If you're curious, the other 3 were Jam, Happy Chaos, and Asuka (That Man). This sentence also spoilered to add mystery.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Give me top hat Testament I want people to rage quit during the intro.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Crop Top Top Hat Testament.
That's basically Sebastian Bach's stand, isn't it.

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
god can you imagine how hot Testament would be in Strive. like look at Zato-1 in that game he's only like 50% as hot as Testament and hes gorgeous. can't fuckin wait. tasetful nip slip in the idol animation for sure

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ainda_ posted:

god can you imagine how hot Testament would be in Strive. like look at Zato-1 in that game he's only like 50% as hot as Testament and hes gorgeous. can't fuckin wait. tasetful nip slip in the idol animation for sure

same

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Reiley posted:

Wait'll the gang figures out why Johnny is dressed in black.

i figured htis one out... all by myself ! !

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

sam16 posted:

Going back to the Guilty Gear references, Giovanna has one that isn't music related. At full meter she's a Brazilian with green skin and bright red hair.

the blankaing of my people needs to stop

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's Jam but I hope it is literally anyone else.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

dhamster posted:

Played some Fantasy stroke today for the first time in a year or so. Funnily enough it resets you to the bottom tier of ranked mode if you don't play the game for long enough. Felt like I was smurfing or something, since there are a lot of apparent beginners to fighting games at that level.

That game usually puts you vs bots in the bottom tier of Ranked mode. You gotta move up to start getting put against more actual players.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

That makes sense. I do remember there being bots in Bronze when ranked was dead in the pre-F2P days. I'm not 100% sure that I saw any, but they might as well have been bots for how badly some of them played.

Funnily enough while I was winstreaking past Silver I saw players ragequit on me four times in a row.

This game has possibly the lowest baseline level of player skill I've seen in any fighting game that's been out for longer than two weeks. It's really weird. I still haven't lost a ranked match.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Did Fantasy Strike came out on a new platform recently? Because I'm surprised you're finding any matches what so ever.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ryaomon posted:

In case people weren't aware there was datamined info for the other characters when the game launched and Goldlewis and Jack-O were on the list.

If you're curious, the other 3 were Jam, Happy Chaos, and Asuka (That Man). This sentence also spoilered to add mystery.

I've been in contact with the original dataminers and that info now a bit old. It's believed the last 3 chars are baiken, slayer, and happy chaos.

Jam and Asuka don't have anything pointing to playability just that they happen to be in the files. Baiken and slayer have direct win quotes/interactions with the other playable roster as far as data mining goes.

*edit*

Nothing is ever guaranteed though. We will find out soon enough

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I hope Baiken is still too difficult for coomers to play.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Jack Trades posted:

Same. Although now I’m torn on who I want it to be, because Jam also owns.

I guess Happy Chaos could also hypothetically own.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I keep imagining Happy having Cable's st.HP but in a much better way than Elphelt

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Did Fantasy Strike came out on a new platform recently? Because I'm surprised you're finding any matches what so ever.

You know I just peeked at the player numbers on Steam and it is definitely not very populated on PC. It seemed like most of my matches were from Switch players though.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Jack Trades posted:

I hope she can't cancel blocks into attacks. what the gently caress.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

b_d posted:

I hope she can't cancel blocks into attacks. what the gently caress.

:sickos:

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I hope she gets guard cancels again and they make her boobs even bigger just to make people mad

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

red bull kumite is starting here. they're supposed to announce the new character at some point during t his.

https://twitch.tv/redbull

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Pool B standing in a circle charging their crystals

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i have pretty much never used this before but this is the definition of cringe lol

i think its just the crowd thats 40 people strong golf-clapping with hudnreds of empty seats

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
crowd of 40 people with hundreds of empty seats is probably going to describe every big tournament for the foreseeable future

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

i have pretty much never used this before but this is the definition of cringe lol

i think its just the crowd thats 40 people strong golf-clapping with hudnreds of empty seats

red bull kumite is always kinda silly and "cringe" but I think everyone is in on the joke, it's just weird with no crowd

i kinda missed that vibe tho, online events are boring

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Fro Faust’s head bounces around!?!

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Yeah and it has guard crush, it owns

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
that french dude is using sol's 6p like he was playing chun in 3s, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

anime was right posted:

I didn't even know they were doing it in an arena, I thought it was in a closed film studio