Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Joe Bogan posted:

The most shocking and depressing thing I've learned in this thread is the sheer number of goons who are so fresh food averse they think the goddamn fruit is called a mangosteen.

Truly hosed up

yeah it's mangosteen's monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
I thought Mangosteen was a guitar player.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mods name this thread Requiem for a a Richard

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Novo posted:

yes i get it. but if we supposedly believe people can improve themselves then in the context of a human life that is indeed a mistake, right? like, why do we tell people to go to therapy or seek help if we think that when they gently caress up or are hosed up that just means they're totally hosed?

usually when someone says "I am a horrible person who did some horrible things and I want to change" they get a pass

when they scream all over social media that their victims are lying whores, well....

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Here's a picture of goons killing lowtax as recently rendered by some spanish arts goon:

So you better recognize

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

are we still talking about fish cum

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
The one person whose death I sort of thought I'd celebrate was my father in law, who beat my mom up a couple of times, but in particular -- he was a talented, accomplished, well-spoken, intelligent man -- mentally abused and manipulated her, to the point where he basically exploded my extended family so that we haven't met in more than groups of three or so in the last decade. Save for my grandmother's funeral, although my uncle couldn't come -- to his own mother's funeral -- because my mum refused to come if he would. That sort of thing. It's been a separate story to deal with how this schism was not created by him, simply exploited and expanded past the point of no return.

When death finally came for this piece of work, my mom looking after him for years of slow degenerative illnesses, his final gift was in how he had taken great care to remove her from his will. The world was lucky that he didn't have any children of his own to ruin.

I've fantasized about pissing on the man's grave, and if there was a forum thread about his demise, I'd probably have a real good think about what to say there. I've played thought games, not proudly, about how to destroy my mother even further than she was, in demanding she takes responsibility for some of her own mistakes. But if these opportunities came up, I've come to how I would do nothing at all, as that would be the best I could do for myself, my mother, or my family. Maybe it's easier to say these kinds of things in talking about someone you weren't really related to or didn't know, like, as a human, but still feel as if you did through the whole forum thing. It carries a lot less weight, it's a lot easier to make it simple.

Even beyond obsessing over some single disagreeable post that mentioned SJWs literally 100 pages ago, over and over and over again, tirelessly attacking people for critically reflecting on their history with Lowtax or this forum or whatever just looks like the kind of mental baggage that, speaking from my own experience, I hope people can learn to let go. Lowtax couldn't. It's one thing to say a witty thing about a dead guy you came to hate, another to just repeat the same act of bitter compulsion, lmaoing like you're looping on acid. I bet it feels the same as it looks, a weird depersonalized anxiety. Maybe that's also a process of grieving, I don't know.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Novo posted:

yes i get it. but if we supposedly believe people can improve themselves then in the context of a human life that is indeed a mistake, right? like, why do we tell people to go to therapy or seek help if we think that when they gently caress up or are hosed up that just means they're totally hosed?

A mistake to me implies some level of understanding that it was a gently caress-up or that it wasn't intentional. Lowtax was not doing "mistakes" he was doing deliberate actions.

I guess that's prolly the main quibble people have with your post, the rest of your point is fine just that word might have slightly different connotations between people idk.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

A lot of Johnny No Cums giving their opinions about mangos in this thread

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007
I'm going to buy plat again so i can goatman this thread. Needs more cum.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Here's a picture of goons killing lowtax as recently rendered by some spanish arts goon:

So you better recognize

no gotse?

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
shitposting is post-post-modern dialectic poetry, when you think about it

And Lowtax was a pioneer in the artform

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Ihki posted:

The one person whose death I sort of thought I'd celebrate was my father in law, who beat my mom up a couple of times, but in particular -- he was a talented, accomplished, well-spoken, intelligent man -- mentally abused and manipulated her, to the point where he basically exploded my extended family so that we haven't met in more than groups of three or so in the last decade. Save for my grandmother's funeral, although my uncle couldn't come -- to his own mother's funeral -- because my mum refused to come if he would. That sort of thing. It's been a separate story to deal with how this schism was not created by him, simply exploited and expanded past the point of no return.

When death finally came for this piece of work, my mom looking after him for years of slow degenerative illnesses, his final gift was in how he had taken great care to remove her from his will. The world was lucky that he didn't have any children of his own to ruin.

I've fantasized about pissing on the man's grave, and if there was a forum thread about his demise, I'd probably have a real good think about what to say there. I've played thought games, not proudly, about how to destroy my mother even further than she was, in demanding she takes responsibility for some of her own mistakes. But if these opportunities came up, I've come to how I would do nothing at all, as that would be the best I could do for myself, my mother, or my family. Maybe it's easier to say these kinds of things in talking about someone you weren't really related to or didn't know, like, as a human, but still feel as if you did through the whole forum thing. It carries a lot less weight, it's a lot easier to make it simple.

Even beyond obsessing over some single disagreeable post that mentioned SJWs literally 100 pages ago, over and over and over again, tirelessly attacking people for critically reflecting on their history with Lowtax or this forum or whatever just looks like the kind of mental baggage that, speaking from my own experience, I hope people can learn to let go. Lowtax couldn't. It's one thing to say a witty thing about a dead guy you came to hate, another to just repeat the same act of bitter compulsion, lmaoing like you're looping on acid. I bet it feels the same as it looks, a weird depersonalized anxiety. Maybe that's also a process of grieving, I don't know.

This is a good post itt

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Novo posted:

when did he own up to any "mistake" or try to improve himself? he was publicly calling his victims liars until the end.

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

This is a good post itt

This post over here this post up here I didn't read it

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

i liked the presentation that he did at a university but it seems he wasnt a nice guy??? hmm makes u think

cum

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Lmao the dumbass coming in to own folks about mangosteen thinking they were mangos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Novo posted:

nope, if someone fucks up that mistake defines them forever and everyone is entitled to heap scorn on them and be as nasty as they like

realizing flawed people are not human and opening the floodgates to your ugliest impulses towards them is a cornerstone of mental health and self love

He was a domestic abuser that purposefully spent 400k in 6 months to spite his 3 ex wives (who he beat) and numerous children op. Then shot himself when he had to face the consequences of his actions. His last act was one of spite and malice.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ihki posted:

lol. lmao

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

President Kucinich posted:

A lot of Johnny No Cums giving their opinions about mangos in this thread

Johny Five Cums Lately

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Like if someone gets hit by a car because the driver hosed up and didn't see a red light, that's a "mistake". If someone gets hit by a car because the driver saw the light turn red and then slammed on the gas, that is no longer a "mistake". Just how I've always interpreted the word idk.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I come to bury Lowtax, not to praise him.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Ihki posted:

The one person whose death I sort of thought I'd celebrate was my father in law, who beat my mom up a couple of times

You're going to have to explain this familial relationship. Do you mean stepfather but you don't like that term?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
When you kill yourself to spite your children, you can not in fact be redeemed. Death is kind of final like that.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ihki posted:

Even beyond obsessing over some single disagreeable post that mentioned SJWs literally 100 pages ago

It was more than one and as recently as a few pages ago. I mean I guess nobody's used the specific term "SJW" since that post but there's been a steady if small trickle of people coming in and being all "wow this site was great but now the thought police will arrest you just for saying the word h*ck or for not agreeing to be forcefemmed" and idk I think it's good to call them out cuz like, gently caress them.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Boba Pearl posted:

He was a domestic abuser that purposefully spent 400k in 6 months to spite his 3 ex wives (who he beat) and numerous children op. Then shot himself when he had to face the consequences of his actions. His last act was one of spite and malice.

Where did anyone say he spent the jeff money already

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

For the record, the thought police here won't arrest you for not complying with the mandatory force-feminization, that's the :cumpolice:'s job

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

spouse posted:

You're going to have to explain this familial relationship. Do you mean stepfather but you don't like that term?

Oh sorry, yeah, mix-up while I was more focused on whether or not to get into the fact that they divorced but came back together, without remarrying, in how the whole will thing played out. But nevermind that.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

drunken officeparty posted:

It's unclear whether it was jeff money or not, but it's in the court rulings where one of the crimes he was guilty of was intentionally spending 400k to avoid paying it to the court.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

drunken officeparty posted:

A tweet

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also I want to stop following this thread cuz it moves too fast and is mostly people arguing over what level of gently caress you lowtax is acceptable, but I am too invested in the Saga of Screamy the Fish now and delaying the burial another day is killing me.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
https://imgur.com/a/ZFIyiII

I think that I lost track of the thread somewhere along the line.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Shame Boy posted:

For the record, the thought police here won't arrest you for not complying with the mandatory force-feminization, that's the :cumpolice:'s job

I take my job very seriously, everyone here uses she/her or they/them. we're deleting men.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Durrrr

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Shame Boy posted:

A mistake to me implies some level of understanding that it was a gently caress-up or that it wasn't intentional. Lowtax was not doing "mistakes" he was doing deliberate actions.

I guess that's prolly the main quibble people have with your post, the rest of your point is fine just that word might have slightly different connotations between people idk.

i was never defending lowtax specifically. fwiw i wish he could have found a way to grow or reach out to people who could have helped him

i was pointing out that its interesting that a community that has stepped up its mental health game in recent years is still willing to poo poo on people (whether or not they are lowtax) who clearly have issues but who it feels are undeserving

tbqh a lot of the posthumous roasting is appropriate and funny. thats not my point

we're all aware of his behavior. some of the vitriol just feels like whipping a dead horse; i'm just not sure what it's supposed to prove

i mean the guy killed himself over honestly not that much money. ya think he was waking up clear headed each day going "i want to be an addict and alienate everyone and harm myself"? is that really our theory

Novo fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 13, 2021

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Boba Pearl posted:

It's unclear whether it was jeff money or not, but it's in the court rulings where one of the crimes he was guilty of was intentionally spending 400k to avoid paying it to the court.

Lol if you think for one second that wasn't Jeff's bitcoin bux coming home to roost

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Novo posted:

i was never defending lowtax specifically. fwiw i wish he could have found a way to grow or reach out to people who could have helped him

i was pointing out that its interesting that a community that has stepped up its mental health game in recent years is still willing to poo poo on people (whether or not they are lowtax) who clearly have issues but who it feels are undeserving

tbqh a lot of the posthumous roasting is appropriate and funny. thats not my point

we're all aware of his behavior. some of the vitriol just feels like whipping a dead horse; i'm just not sure what it's supposed to prove

not everyone is on a crusade to prove something, sometimes it's just fun to beat the poo poo out of a dead horse, or dead sysadmin, or w/e.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
if you don't want people to talk poo poo at your funeral, you should probably be a better person.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

if you don't want people to talk poo poo at your funeral, you should probably be a better person.

Or ask them nicely not to beforehand. Or don't make a tweet about how if someone dies in the exact way you eventually die, it's fine to make fun of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Terrible_Secret_of_Space