Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Escobarbarian posted:

I dunno. I just don’t really like his stuff. I don’t get the love for Hell or High Water at all, it seemed to be very patronising to poor people. Sicario and Wind River are both quite good, though.

Why you flanking me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Also Breeda Wool is very loving good. In a just world, she'd be in more things.
Just finished Mr. Mercedes and yeah, drat, Breeda Wool. I think Brendan Gleesan and Justine Lupe are pretty great too. And Harry Treadway. And really the whole cast. I definitely felt like I was in it more of the character performances than the overall stories. But Wool really loving goes places in S3 and I'm definitely a little sad I don't get any resolution on that.

Otherwise I'm glad I powered through because S3 really was pretty good and had a kind of Justified feel transitioning away from the Mr. Mercedes core and to a bigger world of psychos. I've never read the followup novels so I dunno how much of it was King and how much was the show. It does have that love/hate writer insert thing King loves. It feels weird saying I'll miss a show I never actually was able to see live, but it really does feel like a show that really could have been a good Justified like show if it had been on a more noticeable channel/service. Kind of reminds me of Imposters on Bravo in that regard.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Khanstant posted:

I've always found that show so hard to watch and follow. Doesn't help that it's easier to watch shows where it's something maybe you'd fantasize about trying, like Survivor. Be hungry on an island of back-stabbers for money is my speed. Doing the horrible part of travelling, being on transportation or transporting yourself bodily, while being constantly lost and confused in foreign lands with arbitrary objectives is basically why I don't think I'd travel much even if I could afford afford to.

I am interested to watch this season because of the tension added.

I like the lovely parts of traveling :shobon:. TAR ends up becoming a prediction show, where by the middle of the season I'm watching and going "oh this team will do this well, this team should do this, etc." and seeing how those predictions shake out, while rooting for the Likable Teams. IMO the worst part of the show is when there's just no suspense in who is going to win, but then you get extremely dumb endings like S29 and S21 :swoon:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/derekmcculloch/status/1458321112257863682?s=21

Just started this episode and jesus fuckin christ lmao

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

So Yellowstone isn't worth checking further into? Kelly Reilly being stupidly evil was one of the few redeeming factors of True Detective season 2, and I was tempted despite the Wes Bentley of it all.

nate fisher posted:

Again I like it, just don't go in thinking you are going to get a prestige drama. Think old-school primetime soaps like Dallas or Dynasty, but turn the insanity factor up by the power of 10. I would put in on par with something like SoA I guess (which of course Taylor acted in). Also Kelly Reilly might the most on '10' person in the whole series. She tries to devour every scene she is in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQbvA4yj1N0&t=216s
Oh, she's 10 alright. And it's glorious.

Idiom, just watch 3 or 4 episodes and you'll know if you're going to like it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Love Life season 2 has been really, really good

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
:lol: and I'm embarrassed by my twitter typos... :ohdear:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I had a dream wayne got a second season

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
:sigh:
If only

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

I had a dream wayne got a second season

You should have never woken up because of what a wonderful world that would be, not because I wish for your death, to clarify

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
Foundation keeps getting worse imo. It supposedly has cool special effects going for it but in the last episode there was a 'ship going through a teleportation jump thing' scene and the effects were super basic and uninspired and looked bad. Also the plot has become more simple and dumb and everything always devolves into people pointing guns at each other.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Happy Disney+ Day™ to all who celebrate!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Metropolis posted:

Foundation keeps getting worse imo. It supposedly has cool special effects going for it but in the last episode there was a 'ship going through a teleportation jump thing' scene and the effects were super basic and uninspired and looked bad. Also the plot has become more simple and dumb and everything always devolves into people pointing guns at each other.

It's a weird show since I still think the empire stuff is really good. Like that whole walking pilgrimage with ripped, naked Lee Pace last week was the absolute highlight of the season for me. I don't care about the dumb Terminus people though.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPqk9k91TEk

Pretty funny and honestly makes me more interested in the series haha

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1459198169409994755

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
did Disney always own Willow? I saw it again in theatres a year or two ago and don't remember any Disney taint on it. Oh they own everything now i forgot, still always a downer to see their logo on anything. I've kept the same acorn near my desk for most of my life now after I saw Willow, so I will find a good way to watch this probably.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Willow was a Lucasfilm joint

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I...uh...hmm...

I don't think this ends well.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I haven't seen Willow in ages but this rules

89407G966EHLO389EO
Apr 27, 2005

TOP DOG

Hakkesshu posted:

It's a weird show since I still think the empire stuff is really good. Like that whole walking pilgrimage with ripped, naked Lee Pace last week was the absolute highlight of the season for me. I don't care about the dumb Terminus people though.

That's my take as well. I suffer through the spacecapades of a bunch of dummies I don't care for in order to watch the cool new Lee Pace vehicle.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

lol the bit with Solo

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

into the middle of season 3 of a deadwood rewatch

mildly amusing of the writers room to give steve the drunk and the short plains general the same last name... given how that whole mess plays out. Hostetler's end is a fucken brutality.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

i'm in the mood for some Grim Scandinavian Crime Dramas, anyone have any recommendations? I've just started watching The Chestnut Man but will probably finish it pretty quickly

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Khanstant posted:

did Disney always own Willow? I saw it again in theatres a year or two ago and don't remember any Disney taint on it. Oh they own everything now i forgot, still always a downer to see their logo on anything. I've kept the same acorn near my desk for most of my life now after I saw Willow, so I will find a good way to watch this probably.

Out of curiosity, have you read the Willow sequel books that Chris Claremont wrote in the 90s? They start off by almost totally severing every single connection to the movie in like the first chapter of the first book, and then telling its own fantasy story, which you almost have to kind of admire from a Lucasfilm spinoff book series.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Watching some Law & Order SVU reruns on cable and they bleeped someone saying "balls". An actual bleep. Sometime else said "son of a bitch" in the same episode and they left it in! lmfao

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I think SVU was always a 9pm show, which kept them out of Safe Harbor at 10pm, meaning that they had to be a lot more careful with ~prurient~ material, especially given the show’s subject matter.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that they did not censor "balls" on broadcast when the episode originally aired on NBC. I watch way too much Law & Order and I let my DVR just record an arbitrary number of reruns from a bunch of channels so I can play them whenever, and it seems that USA is now censoring content that was ok on NBC. ION and local broadcast channels that also air various Law & Order flavors don't seem to be doing this. An episode I watched on USA a few days ago blanked out (idk what the actual term for this is, they just muted the dialogue while the background sound continued to play so it wasn't very noticeable) Finn saying "douchebag". I had to look up a script of the episode to confirm what he said that was so bad that needed to be censored. At the time I was trying to rationalize why they might censor 'douchebag' and thought if they were really reaching it could be a kind of gendered slur, I guess, but balls??? Both episodes had someone saying son of a bitch with no censoring!

For the record I am not complaining, I just found it absolutely hilarious.

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 14, 2021

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm a few episodes into In The Dark on Netflix and I'm really digging it. Murphy is the best.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why does every show about blind people involve solving crimes

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Can't be too real and honest and address the impacts of disabilities and how we do a poo poo job of dealing with them as a society so instead we get "handi-CAPABLE!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mu Zeta posted:

Sometimes they fight crime too

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just lol if you're blind and can't chop mid-air fruit in half with a katana

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Medullah posted:

Sometimes they fight crime too

What if he can smell crime?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hughmoris posted:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Justice is blind

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Hughmoris posted:

theres a show with that

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

In iZombie, she could taste crime.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

GreenNight posted:

In iZombie, she could taste crime.

that…kind of rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Well she didn't really taste crime, she hallucinated the crimes.