Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Just plugged in my 2018 Mazda 3 with low miles:
Carvana $23,239
Shift $21,400

Both of which are more than I paid for it new, even including fees and taxes and other crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

NoWake posted:

Read all this and got eager to see how much Carvana would offer for my '13 Golf R with 130k miles.

Four grand.

Meanwhile, they've got a '16 with 93k miles listed for $28,000.

Just irrational poo poo all over the place

This makes no sense to me. They just bought my ‘12 Abarth for $11,620, and I paid $10,500 for it earlier this summer. I’d think a Golf R would be worth more even with the mileage…

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

NoWake posted:

Read all this and got eager to see how much Carvana would offer for my '13 Golf R with 130k miles.

Four grand.

I'll give you four grand for a type R...

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
You guys are not going to make sense of wherever algorithms they use. Just like insurance rate, it's never going to be the same, it's never going to make sense.

Just trying to stop the avalanche of people rushing into the thread to tell us how much their car is appraised at.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
This may be art.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Someone should fake some financial forms and waste his loving time. asking questions that make his (presumably) fat boomer rear end climb under the cars a bunch of times.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Powershift posted:

Someone should fake some financial forms and waste his loving time. asking questions that make his (presumably) fat boomer rear end climb under the cars a bunch of times.
I already posted a watermarked stock image of a pile of cash and asked him if I could come for a test drive.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
lol just sending a picture of a cock flayed out over stacks of 100s.

You can't be arsed to rotate your pictures, I can't be arsed to play your stupid boom boom game. I'll just buy your poo poo at your estate sale for what you told your wife you paid for it you piece of gently caress.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

stealie72 posted:

This may be art.

....hemicooters?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

KakerMix posted:

....hemicooters?
Listen, the counterfeits already hurt the trolls, so they need hemicooters to heal. Why are you judging them?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Imperador do Brasil posted:

This makes no sense to me. They just bought my ‘12 Abarth for $11,620, and I paid $10,500 for it earlier this summer. I’d think a Golf R would be worth more even with the mileage…

Dealers buy cheap and sell expensive, and the market has been climbing fast. It makes perfect sense.

A couple of years ago a dealer offered me 8 grand for a 7 year old 2-door Wrangler, while they had it's near-identical (different color) twin on the lot for 19k.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

KakerMix posted:

....hemicooters?

drat things keep on getting stuck in the gaps of the drywall

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3066593203604239/

at the meeting of "no idea whats wrong with it" and "no lowballs i know wat i got" lies the 164k miles 7 series

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://regalauctions.com/inventory.php?a=details&contract=21988

shitbox unicorn!

Turbo manual HHR SS. It's platform mate, the cobalt SS famously ran an 8:22 on the nurburgring, quicker than exiges and evos and Skyline GTRs and 964s.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

oh my god do not buy that fuckin thing I hate the HHR more than any car in history

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

oh my god do not buy that fuckin thing I hate the HHR more than any car in history

But it's a hot hatch. Why do you hate speed and utility?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

$500

1998 Cadillac Seville

Car being sold as is and where is. When it was parked two years ago it was in good working condition. My husband has since died and I want the car gone. Car needs tires inflated and battery boost. Right now tires are locked and I can’t move it. Small dent (see picture) on front passenger side because tire came off and dented the bumper. Probably not hard to pop out. Anyway, fixed up it could be a great riding car again.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

NoWake posted:

Four grand.

They offered $100 for the ‘08 Kia Spectra5 that I sold privately for $3500 in one day with zero negotiation.

Nitrox posted:

You guys are not going to make sense of wherever algorithms they use. Just like insurance rate, it's never going to be the same, it's never going to make sense.

Just trying to stop the avalanche of people rushing into the thread to tell us how much their car is appraised at.

Can’t stop won’t stop.

No, that honor goes to the PT Cruiser. Or maybe a convertible Murano.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

https://twitter.com/Bringatrailer/status/1459296361468153858

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The number plate is "USA-001" so okay, it's the first USDM one produced but still big big lols. Apparently this is its third owner at least.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

:eyes his Focus RS suspiciously:

edit:

Well, drat if that's not tempting.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 13, 2021

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Powershift posted:

But it's a hot hatch. Why do you hate speed and utility?

Its a Chevy PT Liberty.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Darchangel posted:

I saw two of those in one day this week! After having not seen any in a looong time.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

KillHour posted:

:eyes his Focus RS suspiciously:

edit:

Well, drat if that's not tempting.

Ya, if you have a second car, or enthusiast car (or both) that you’ve been pondering selling, the time is now.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

MrYenko posted:

Ya, if you have a second car, or enthusiast car (or both) that you’ve been pondering selling, the time is now.

Just know that if you want to get back into a similar car you will be paying more than you get out. Think long and hard if you are done done with whatever you are selling.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

KakerMix posted:

Just know that if you want to get back into a similar car you will be paying more than you get out. Think long and hard if you are done done with whatever you are selling.

I recently considered selling my EP3 and even contacted Doug Demuro’s site, carsandbids, about selling it but I really can’t bring myself to do it. I’m sure I could get double or more what I paid for it since it’s such a nice example, but I really can’t pull the trigger for the reason you mention. I won’t be able to get another one as nice for a reasonable price, if at all.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I recently considered selling my EP3 and even contacted Doug Demuro’s site, carsandbids, about selling it but I really can’t bring myself to do it. I’m sure I could get double or more what I paid for it since it’s such a nice example, but I really can’t pull the trigger for the reason you mention. I won’t be able to get another one as nice for a reasonable price, if at all.

Yeah. Same thing with houses. Sure you can sell your house your in now for a fat profit based on what you originally paid, but then what? Now you have to pay those same ultra-high prices to get back into a similar home.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

In this case, the presumable play would be trying to get into a new Z at (hopefully) MSRP in the spring.

I have my doubts that's a reasonable expectation but it's not completely impossible... Maybe.

The other question is if a new Z is going to be a better track toy or if I should just go ahead and install an oil cooler on the RS.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

KakerMix posted:

yeah, this. I don’t think the market for cool/90s/diesel/anything-but-current-models is ever gonna bounce back to pre-pandemic levels; they’re just not making any more of them. I’m trying to slim down to only 2 vehicles in each of the three time zones I live in….and it’s hard

KillHour posted:

The other question is if a new Z is going to be a better track toy or if I should just go ahead and install an oil cooler on the RS.

look in your heart. the RS is already awesome, you already like it, AND you already own it. the value on good examples is only gonna go north from here

snugglz fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 14, 2021

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Darchangel posted:

They offered $100 for the ‘08 Kia Spectra5 that I sold privately for $3500 in one day with zero negotiation.

Can’t stop won’t stop.

the murano is functional, an SUV, and a drop-top. the HHR is none of these things. it is merely a sin.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the HHR is a 1999 kia rio that got cancer from loving a hippopotamus

i say that as someone who's had experience with all three

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

snugglz posted:

look in your heart. the RS is already awesome, you already like it, AND you already own it. the value on good examples is only gonna go north from here

It's that last part that bothers me. As soon as I start loving around with oil coolers and harness bars it's going to stop being an unmodified low mileage unicorn and start being another ruined ricer, even if I do it correctly. But it's uncomfortable car to ride around town and I pretty much exclusively use it for track use at this point (which it's very, very good at besides having horrific oil overheating issues and the stock seats making wearing a helmet extremely uncomfortable) so my options are sell it while it's still worth money or ruin it with mods.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 14, 2021

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If you still want to do track days make the car what you want it to be for the track and sell it when you've wrung all the value out of it and it no longer meets your needs. If it can't ever become what you need or you determine that you're all done with track stuff now sell it unmodified.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

the murano is functional, an SUV, and a drop-top. the HHR is none of these things. it is merely a sin.

The HHR is a Cobalt station wagon that got styled by someone with a PT Cruiser fetish. That's a hell of a lot more functional than a Murano missing two doors and its roof with a $60k sticker imo.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

that's fair, i mean the HHR certainly is functional in the same sense as a colostomy bag, or a gas chamber

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

that's fair, i mean the HHR certainly is functional in the same sense as a colostomy bag, or a gas chamber

Thanks.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

KillHour posted:

It's that last part that bothers me. As soon as I start loving around with oil coolers and harness bars it's going to stop being an unmodified low mileage unicorn and start being another ruined ricer, even if I do it correctly. But it's uncomfortable car to ride around town and I pretty much exclusively use it for track use at this point (which it's very, very good at besides having horrific oil overheating issues and the stock seats making wearing a helmet extremely uncomfortable) so my options are sell it while it's still worth money or ruin it with mods.

It would be fun to watch you ruin it with mods

If you sale it, you could prob go whole hog w/ a used formula ford (or sprint/late model/midget, whatever floats boat) on a trailer and still come up couple bucks.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Q_res posted:

The HHR is a Cobalt station wagon that got styled by someone with a PT Cruiser fetish. That's a hell of a lot more functional than a Murano missing two doors and its roof with a $60k sticker imo.

The HHR was literally styled by the same dude that did the PT Cruiser, so yeah. Basically.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Q_res posted:

Yeah, the Murano stops being a functional SUV/CUV completely when it goes convertible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Aren't those the gen where the transmission was made of glass too?