Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

NotShadowStar posted:

Every once in a while I remember a video by stile where it’s him and lowtax except they’re black gangsta dudes. I’ll never see it again since it’s probably swallowed by the internet never to return.

Until one of you fucks somehow digs it up.

I know where it is because I was "stile." I like to keep it buried because I changed about my usage of the n word since then haha.

It was funny to do back then because stile and I were trolling his readers but doesn't work as much without the context.

Darko fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

If you think about it, on a long enough timeline, everyone's dead.

Which using deductive reasoning would indicate authors are in there somewhere.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mulaney Power Move posted:

you just said everything there is to say except lol

I know I just wanted to talk about it cuz it was so loving funny :lol:

Manawski
Oct 20, 2003

HOW DO I MADE PUDDING

Ganbare Gincun posted:

We sure did, someone even provided a Google Maps link from 2014 so we can gaze upon it forever.
I apologize for forgetting WHO posted this link, but once again, thank you!

SA HQ right next to an attorney's office and a gun shop

a master of efficiency

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Manawski posted:

SA HQ right next to an attorney's office and a gun shop

a master of efficiency

All it needs is a pharmacy and a liquor store on the other side.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Reaganomicon posted:

that was me by the way. I registered a million dumb gimmick accounts like Magic 8 Ball and Triangle Guy as well as distinguished myself in the "want to bbe a moderator" thread as TastyArmageddon. i was maybe 16 and 50% dumber than I am now when i posted the dramatic suicide thread...

i still deal a lot with mental illness but i try to keep my breakdowns private now. i'm pretty sure he started charging money for accounts because of me, and so I don't know how much I had to do with whatever wealth Lowtax was receiving during SA's heydey, but it's weird to think about.

Yeah, he specifically cited you as the original reason for the paywall. I had no idea you were still around! I'm glad you're doing better.

Pablo Fanques
Jul 25, 2004
What a shame Mary Jane had a pain at the party

Reaganomicon posted:

that was me by the way. I registered a million dumb gimmick accounts like Magic 8 Ball and Triangle Guy as well as distinguished myself in the "want to bbe a moderator" thread as TastyArmageddon. i was maybe 16 and 50% dumber than I am now when i posted the dramatic suicide thread...

i still deal a lot with mental illness but i try to keep my breakdowns private now. i'm pretty sure he started charging money for accounts because of me, and so I don't know how much I had to do with whatever wealth Lowtax was receiving during SA's heydey, but it's weird to think about.

You're a legend and I'm glad you've outlived the taxman.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Waffle! posted:

All it needs is a pharmacy and a liquor store on the other side.

If Missouri is like Illinois, the pharmacy can sell liquor.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Please stick around, people who are returning. Twitter brain rot is life threatening but treatable.

now that i found out i dont need twitter to find commissions i can finally be free of that site

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
also rip screamy :screamy:

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rip

Ganbare Gincun
Jul 24, 2014

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If Missouri is like Illinois, the pharmacy can sell liquor.

The first sentence about "Alcohol Laws of Missouri" on Wikipedia:

"The alcohol laws of Missouri are among the most permissive in the United States. Missouri is known throughout the Midwest for its largely laissez-faire approach to alcohol regulation, in sharp contrast to the very strict alcohol laws of some of its neighbors, like Kansas and Oklahoma."

So yeah, say what you will about Lowtax, but REALLY knew how to pick an office space that met all of his needs!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Screampostin

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

petit choux posted:

Which using deductive reasoning would indicate authors are in there somewhere.
That was the central points to one of Heinleins later novels, lol.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Schmeichy posted:

I actually got into SA by reading the front page :kiddo:

:same:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Front page? Front page of what?

manboy
Jun 6, 2002

Reaganomicon posted:

Blast from the past!

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017

Mulaney Power Move posted:

you just said everything there is to say except lol

Not everything

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

petit choux posted:

:iiam:

Also, speaking of that, oldtimers may remember this.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
man I keep looking for that doom.mp4 that was created after linkinpark guy's suicide. it shows a custom map of a single room, an 8-bit-version of "in the end, it doesn't really matter" playing in the background, followed by the gun in his hand turning toward the camera.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

petit choux posted:

In the very early noughts I was an edgy teen who thought the Newgrounds portal and Photoshop Phridays were the height of comedy. I actually logged on to this dumb gay forum for the first time in 5 years due to the goons.txt twitter account announcing Lowtax's death. This thread has been quite the nostalgia trip.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

petit choux posted:

Mods can we get a ban for this chucklefuck

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

There’s a party in the memorial thread and everybody’s coming.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Darko posted:

I know where it is because I was "stile."

As in, the stile from the video?

Nice work if so :)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

ZentraediElite posted:

There’s a party in the memorial thread and everybody’s cumming.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

NotShadowStar posted:

Every once in a while I remember a video by stile where it’s him and lowtax except they’re black gangsta dudes. I’ll never see it again since it’s probably swallowed by the internet never to return.

Until one of you fucks somehow digs it up.

It took a while to dig this one up. I had to type the entire search string "Stile Lowtax" into the YouTube search bar and scroll all the way down to the first hit.

https://youtu.be/dcdWlPz5ixk

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

ZentraediElite posted:

There’s a party in the memorial thread and everybody’s coming.

Well except one guy

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Darko posted:

I know where it is because I was "stile." I like to keep it buried because I changed about my usage of the n word since then haha.

It was funny to do back then because stile and I were trolling his readers but doesn't work as much without the context.
It's still loving brilliant.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

A hosed up guy who was deeply flawed, and who couldn't get out of his own way. I feel for his children and those who loved him, and I'm honestly glad I found this dumb website 20 years ago.

RIP rear end in a top hat. I hope those you left behind can find the time to heal, and I honestly wish you had found a better way to deal with your demons than the way you did.

Here's to another 20 years with you terrible idiot-nerds.

:cheerdoge:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bogus Adventure posted:

I would read the Comedy Goldmine articles, like Kids Say the Most Devastating Things.

That reminds me, I haven't seen one of those threads in a long time.

About 20 years ago, I was tending bar. There was a disabled guy there - he lost an arm and the other was severely mangled. A woman and a young girl came in to pick up some other guy.

"You lost your arm, haha!!"

You should have seen the look on her parents faces. I met her years later and she turned out to be a very pleasant young woman.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
No I'm not going to read all this text, but why is it deer richard? Is epic deer guy implicated????

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Karate Bastard posted:

No I'm not going to read all this text, but why is it deer richard?

Vintage SA humor in action

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Darko posted:

that video is still a classic. who was lowtax??

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Karate Bastard posted:

No I'm not going to read all this text, but why is it deer richard? Is epic deer guy implicated????

From what I understand, epic deer guy sent Lowtax a photo of him with a mouth full of cum trying to break up the Kyankas. Then, Lowtax's goldfish saw the photo on Lowtax's phone, had a heart attack and died. Rich was so distraught that he performed a hard shut down.

Pablo Fanques
Jul 25, 2004
somewhat topical, I have two mementos from my bucket of random SA audio.

first one is an apology from illfates to lowtax, I don't remember what exactly, the second is (unknown artist) is the stile and lowtax remix. enjoy, you losers.

https://sndup.net/2rzf

https://sndup.net/5tfj

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

I wish everyone who dies goes to hell no matter what.
more like

loltax

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Kirk Vikernes posted:

From what I understand, epic deer guy sent Lowtax a photo of him with a mouth full of cum trying to break up the Kyankas. Then, Lowtax's goldfish saw the photo on Lowtax's phone, had a heart attack and died. Rich was so distraught that he performed a hard shut down.

True to my statements I will take this at face value.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I never thought I'd die alone
I laughed the loudest, who'd have known?
I trace the cord back to the wall
No wonder it was never plugged in at all
I took my time, I hurried up
The choice was mine, I didn't think enough
I'm too depressed to go on
You'll be sorry when I'm gone

I never conquered, rarely came
Forty-Five just held such better days
Days when I still felt alive
We couldn't wait to get outside
The world was wide, too late to try
The tour was over, we'd survived
I couldn't wait 'til I got home
To pass the time in my room alone

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

busalover posted:

man I keep looking for that doom.mp4 that was created after linkinpark guy's suicide. it shows a custom map of a single room, an 8-bit-version of "in the end, it doesn't really matter" playing in the background, followed by the gun in his hand turning toward the camera.

found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td3DvdrlCm0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Fanques
Jul 25, 2004

Pablo Fanques posted:

random SA audio.

ah, one more. According to rumors and wikipedia, Jeffrey Ray Roberts (better known as The Laziest Men on Mars,) passed away a decade ago, but if anyone wants to hear "We Are Something Awful" again here you go:

https://sndup.net/2bxt