Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Well tbh I kinda want to start with you for that scummy hammer vote

okay, and now that you've demonstrated to the class bad casing, who are you really thinking of going for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bif front footing it with me is super interesting. trying to ping me for 'white noise' posting on day one.

very interesting.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

i wasn't serious about the where to start thing. it was a bit.

but bif circling me for 'white noise' makes me think she's playing from her old scum book.

I'm circling you for the hammer vote thx, the white noise just got me looking that way

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i wonder, out in thread, if sandwolf and toalpaz are doing the 'scum out in the open' gambit, with a side of bus driver misdirect.

i've always wanted to do that bit.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm circling you for the hammer vote thx, the white noise just got me looking that way

you didn't saying i was pinging you yesterday? day 1? about white noise?

i must be mistaken.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

bif front footing it with me is super interesting. trying to ping me for 'white noise' posting on day one.

very interesting.

I can always tell when you're scum Beet, cause you misrepresent what I'm saying even on the most basic levels.

It used to piss me off something fierce too, but I'd like to think we can have more fun with it these days

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

you didn't saying i was pinging you yesterday? day 1? about white noise?

i must be mistaken.

Yeah. And that wasn't enough to be worth voting you. So that's not why I'm voting you now.

But you do you, Beet

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote bif

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I can always tell when you're scum Beet, cause you misrepresent what I'm saying even on the most basic levels.

It used to piss me off something fierce too, but I'd like to think we can have more fun with it these days

*record scratch*

Bifauxnen posted:

I was thinking it was a pretty good D1 sentiment, actually (that I wasn't sure I bought Tommu riding along with). Historically in Auspol we'd often try and attempt this sort of gentleman's agreement to not have all the active posters devour each other immediately. But his white noise spam posting had been pinging me earlier.

Btw Sandwolf actually is an honourary Aussie! Although I don't think he posts on the server much

laying ground work

Bifauxnen posted:

I think the best bet is

##vote hambeet

RF looked plenty scummy and with things going along that fast, there must have been a good number of enthusiastic townies genuinely piling on and not just scum pushing the momentum. But actually sealing the deal that early would be difficult. Beet's spammy white noise tone in the early game had already been pinging me, and that reaction hammer right after RF sounded like he was daring people seems like a great chance for Beet to brush it all off as just being cheeky.

capitalising.

pretty quick return on investment on that one.

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah. And that wasn't enough to be worth voting you. So that's not why I'm voting you now.

But you do you, Beet

i'm not saying that's why you're voting me. i said you started circling me yesterday for white noise. on day 1. which you did.

there is indeed misrepresentation going on here, but it's not from me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bif, like, the idea is pretty clear: you lay some ground work about 'white noise' to bring up at a later date, or to keep throwing at me throughout the game because you know that's how i post.

you just got to use it a lot earlier than expected, though, with this opportunistic vote for yesterdays hammer. so the white noise thing just makes it seem like you've got more to your 'case'. because if you took that away you'd just be saying :

'i'm voting hambeet because he hammered after rf dared scum to hammer' and you know that wouldn't fly.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I thought of it as "circling the wagons" but go have a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

rumbled

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i hereby pronounce bif as rumbled scum

##vote rumbled

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

bif, like, the idea is pretty clear: you lay some ground work about 'white noise' to bring up at a later date, or to keep throwing at me throughout the game because you know that's how i post.

Usually. But also there's a vibe to it.

hambeet posted:

'i'm voting hambeet because he hammered after rf dared scum to hammer' and you know that wouldn't fly.

Lol I'll dayvidge people for less mate

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

morning hum. whatcha thinking here?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I agree with beet for now ##vote bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Welp if this becomes a running theme at least it'll be entertaining

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

But if y'all listen to Beet on this one and then just drop him tomorrow, I'm going to be making very snarky comments at y'all in deadchat

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toal again right in the pushing-it-surprisingly-far-already zone, not liking that either

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

But if y'all listen to Beet on this one and then just drop him tomorrow, I'm going to be making very snarky comments at y'all in deadchat

they wont drop me when you flip tho.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

super duper interested in binus's case too

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

For the record I do wanna go all Gaspy voice, "the town who lunches me deserves to lose!!" but, I am really enjoying the thought of turbos catching on more, even if it leads to disastrous ends.

I'd just like to hope the ease of this vote in an exact replay from yesterday though, could at least sway some of y'all into maybe turboing the other direction

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm pro turbo. i was going to post earlier in the day that 72 hour day 1's are torture. day 1 should be like, 24 hours max. day 2, 72 hours.

that's my new disruptive app

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

i'm pro turbo. i was going to post earlier in the day that 72 hour day 1's are torture. day 1 should be like, 24 hours max. day 2, 72 hours.

that's my new disruptive app

It makes things a lot easier when there's big timezone differences in play, too! No more "oh well all the UK people are asleep so they can't change their vote, let's just vote X then" right at deadline!

Sure some peeps might just miss the run up to hammer entirely, but that should just get them ready and raring to effortpost next day about all the stuff they couldn't say imo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh btw sorry I was talking about just the "pro turbo" part, keeping days that short in actual deadline rather than making them short in practice through an early hammer seems like trouble, when we're not all nicely lined up in Auspol time.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

hambeet posted:

super duper interested in binus's case too

Uh I haven’t made a case

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I mean I never said I was going to make a case on you at this point. Just pointed out that I didn’t like your vote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bawwwwwwwwk bawk bawk bawk

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Feel better about beet than bif rn

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Uh I haven’t made a case

that was my uh point.

b-minus1 posted:

I mean I never said I was going to make a case on you at this point. Just pointed out that I didn’t like your vote

oh i was waiting to see if you were gonna throw something together, when you said you were going to 'start' with me, that's sorta what i assumed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

bif are you calling people chicken?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

man when yami wakes and see's all these posts from bif and i, they gonna be so mad.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

bif are you calling people chicken?

Better fan the flames some more, you might not get the chance to post "nice meltdown" at this rate

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i dont think you're melting down i think you're having some fun?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Bifauxnen posted:

Better fan the flames some more, you might not get the chance to post "nice meltdown" at this rate

Mice neltodwn

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommunist posted:

Mice neltodwn

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

i dont think you're melting down i think you're having some fun?

Wow you are so understanding Beet I guess I was actually wrong about you

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

caught scum having fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I should probably clarify that was sarcasm in case someone quotes it later