Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Yami Fenrir posted:

Lol if they thought you were a cop and they busdrove you into the Godfather, that'd be hilarious

I am just putting my thoughts down cause I don't really see any point in waiting for a catch on scum bus if you guys are going to discuss this.

I once claimed that n1 I was going to investigate or kill Merk.

1. If Merk was town, why would town bus driver move me to Sandwolf. Not a lot of utility there.

2. If Merk was scum, and didnt want to die. Scum bus would move me to Sandwolf to 'confirm' him.

3. If Merk was scum, and didnt want to die. Scum bus moves my visit to Godfather Sandwolf hoping it isnt a vig.

Case 1 was unlikely. Town bus doesn't wanna gently caress with me for no reason and my 'investigation' or gambit.

Case 3 also was unlikely. Scum would mobilize almost every member of their team here, all to land a mystery investigate or vig on Sandwolf.

Case 2 seems very likely. Merk does not want to be killed or investigated. He called in a bus from a teammate which moves it to sandy. 'clearing' him or killing Sandwolf.

Scum never planned for me knowing with certainty who I visited due to my vauge claim.

There's a scum busdriver and Merk is scum probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
But yeah thinking about it I guess it doesn't really absolve merk at all does it.

Either way my theory is still that one of the two may just be scum.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

I am just putting my thoughts down cause I don't really see any point in waiting for a catch on scum bus if you guys are going to discuss this.

1. If Merk was town, why would town bus driver move me to Sandwolf. Not a lot of utility there.

2. If Merk was scum, and didnt want to die. Scum bus would move me to Sandwolf to 'confirm' him.

3. If Merk was scum, and didnt want to die. Scum bus moves my visit to Godfather Sandwolf hoping it isnt a vig.

Case 1 was unlikely. Town bus doesn't wanna gently caress with me for no reason and my 'investigation' or gambit.

Case 3 also was unlikely. Scum would mobilize almost every member of their team here, all to land a mystery investigate or vig on Sandwolf.

Case 2 seems very likely. Merk does not want to be killed or investigated. He called in a bus from a teammate which moves it to sandy. 'clearing' him or killing Sandwolf.

Scum never planned for me knowing with certainty who I visited due to my vauge claim.

Yeah I just realized that too. Sorry, still waking up. But yes I agree, something about the busdrive stinks bad.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok that's actually a really cool move from Toal, my only mason gambit I know how to do is telling people it's cult chat

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok that's actually a really cool move from Toal, my only mason gambit I know how to do is telling people it's cult chat

I just got lucky, I just wanted to see people's reactions but clearly it was countered in a defensive way using night actions.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toal has called me ‘a butt’ a dozen times in masonry won’t the town busdriver please claim

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I had D&D and I can't multitask (play and make mafia posts) so I've been reading along but will try and touch on things, a lot is bubbling up it seems.

Not gonna tunnel on Bif too much but I didn't see her vote on hambeet until after I posted, reading her case I feel pretty good with my vote but I'll see what else percolates.

Bifauxnen posted:

I think the best bet is

##vote hambeet

RF looked plenty scummy and with things going along that fast, there must have been a good number of enthusiastic townies genuinely piling on and not just scum pushing the momentum. But actually sealing the deal that early would be difficult. Beet's spammy white noise tone in the early game had already been pinging me, and that reaction hammer right after RF sounded like he was daring people seems like a great chance for Beet to brush it all off as just being cheeky.

I think the pile on looked pretty opportunistic and it didn't feel townie-minded; besides that would scum really need to hammer that early to put a townie away and risk drawing attention to themselves?

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

content - I agree RF's pushes are suspicious, might as well put down my vote in case I forget to check the thread more before deadline. ##vote RF if you put a gun to my head about the other picks so far for scum->town it'd be sand/binus/Deadmeat/Maerlyn but so far they only look a few shades off from each other so not exactly thrilled about picking one of 'em right now

Were these other people you mentioned who you also would have considered voting? The way it looks is that you were also saying Sand looked scummy; voting RF AND having strong suspicions on Sand seems inconsistent unless I'm reading it wrong.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yes.

Also the scumteam are monsters. Actual irl monsters.

Which made me suspect taste u til i realized they flipped too.

Now, who would kill a newbie...

Wondering how Yami knows scum are actual IRL monsters (that doesn't appear to be in the OP)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

As in most games I'm having a hard time figuring Toal out but I do have a simple thought in response to this:

Toalpaz posted:

If Merk is scum why would he have volunteered for this "scum will die if I target you" night action? Even if they have a busdriver who knows what other night actions could occur, I don't see that as a risk Merk would be willing to take.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

If Merk is scum why would he have volunteered for this "scum will die if I target you" night action? Even if they have a busdriver who knows what other night actions could occur, I don't see that as a risk Merk would be willing to take.

I've been thinking this over while waiting for Minifauxnen to get to sleep, cause Yami's post mentioning a godfather earlier just bewildered me for a moment. Normally the point of a scum busdrive is to swap a town with a full-on scummy-lookin scum. Why the hell would you swap a godfather with anybody? Also, there's probably no godfather anyway since that wouldn't fool a gunsmith.

But that got me thinking, that if merk had been a godfather that would make more sense to step forward. But, there's probably no godfather. And I checked back on Toal's original post, which was already going on about how scum would die for sure, etc. from the get-go. So maybe if he was bulletproof or something instead? But then I thought that just felt ridiculous for any scum to take all Toal's assertions at face value. Even if Meen or somebody is one of the scumbros, why would merk listen to that?

Scum merk just thinking the whole thing is bullshit would at least make sense. But then a busdrive juuust in case?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Toal has called me ‘a butt’ a dozen times in masonry won’t the town busdriver please claim

Lmao we never had fun times like this in Krakenguard masonry, I feel like I've missed out

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have to run to the doctor with my kiddo this morning. No coffee chat.

Be back later.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

This is where I would be too if I were you.

Not having really caught up, all I have so far is that I’m not scum and do not know why you targeted Sandwolf.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Toalpaz posted:

Come on, 'theres gotta be scum on the RF lunch' and 'im NOT CASING anynyan'

Pretty textbook wishy washing on an already weak binus d1.

Lol day 2 literally just started

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Maerlyn posted:

As in most games I'm having a hard time figuring Toal out but I do have a simple thought in response to this:

I mean I also thought toal was gambiting. I didn’t expect them to actually use an ability o create a new mason chat

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'll volunteer! late since I saw you're already going for merk tonight but hey! that probably increases the chance you'll visit me later :haw:

content - I agree RF's pushes are suspicious, might as well put down my vote in case I forget to check the thread more before deadline. ##vote RF if you put a gun to my head about the other picks so far for scum->town it'd be sand/binus/Deadmeat/Maerlyn but so far they only look a few shades off from each other so not exactly thrilled about picking one of 'em right now

I don’t like how meen buried his rf vote in the middle of his thoughts

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote meen

Also I feel better about Maerlyn being town

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ok twoqo kills bight 1 usually means an sk. Right? Like my time as scum pretty much established scum only get the one NK to do what they 2qnt. So we have a dcumtea. A ND a third party put there stabbing fools and setting then on fire. Arsonist? Can they kill the first night?

I dunno. I need to work and maybe I read back and give my rhought. Really need a nap too.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I dunno what the gently caress that was. Just the fattest fingers in existence.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
All of that 3p talk makes sense now. Obviously if a townie is responsible for one of those deaths they should speak up. But we need to see who was engaging in 3p spec yesterday now that we had 2 deaths last night

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have thought more about the Toal thing and do not know what to do with it. I don't think it makes Sandwolf scum. I don't think Toal is gambitting within the gambit.

I am going to choose to ignore it for the moment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t like how meen buried his rf vote in the middle of his thoughts

I think this is the best thought on the RF run up yesterday that I have seen so far.

##vote meen

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

I think the best bet is

##vote hambeet

RF looked plenty scummy and with things going along that fast, there must have been a good number of enthusiastic townies genuinely piling on and not just scum pushing the momentum. But actually sealing the deal that early would be difficult. Beet's spammy white noise tone in the early game had already been pinging me, and that reaction hammer right after RF sounded like he was daring people seems like a great chance for Beet to brush it all off as just being cheeky.

I do not understand this vote?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think RF and Sand are both scummy. I would vote either of them, but first I want to pressure deadmeat into posting some content.

Also I'm literally mod-confirmed town, so I'm not sure why you're trying to pressure me for reads here.

Mr. Humalong posted:

For clarification: RF's early attempt on taste was very clumsy and made me suspicious. This weird tiff with Sandwolf is also kinda bad.

Sandwolf screaming from the rooftops how town you are halfway through day 1 irks me.

I couldn't tell you which of the two seems worse at this point. I'd prefer to sit back and see if either of them try to continue their pushes on each other or if this was a weird soft bus that they'll both attempt to ease off of as the day draws to an end.

Mr. Humalong posted:

No I think you're scum together and I'm waiting to see how quickly the two of you ease off each other.

Keep up.

It is weird to me that you call both RF and Sand scummy, engage Sand directly about it, but never vote either of them. I don't agree that you did what you said you did in the last post.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

morning hum. whatcha thinking here?

I think bif is scum based off her posts today.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

It is weird to me that you call both RF and Sand scummy, engage Sand directly about it, but never vote either of them. I don't agree that you did what you said you did in the last post.

Well no, the day ended about 4 hours later.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Actually 3 hours and 10 minutes later, lol

How could I have waited to see who eased off of who, merk?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also suspecting binus and merk. "I don't like how he hid this bolded text in the middle of a paragraph I should have read anyway" is incredibly weak justification for a vote lol

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

Well no, the day ended about 4 hours later.

Ah, that makes sense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also suspecting binus and merk. "I don't like how he hid this bolded text in the middle of a paragraph I should have read anyway" is incredibly weak justification for a vote lol

I guess I don't really agree with what b- says now that I read it. I do agree that Meen's post is scummy. Meen is spending way too many words to join a bandwagon with random thoughts thrown in around a vote that, to me - based on the way the post is constructed - reads like he doesn't really believe in it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
EXPLAINED BETTER: Newbie scum joining a turbo looks like what Meen would post. You can't just nakedly throw a vote out without anything, so you trump up the vote with surface analysis and other thoughts to make it sound better.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think bif is scum based off her posts today.

I do not understand Bif's vote on hambeet at all. Voting hambeet for poo poo posting on day 1 like it's a scum tell makes no sense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Bif

I would go back to Meen. I think I actually like the Meen case more, but let's see what happens here.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Me not dying N1 is actually a scumtell on bif.

This is a joke.

That said I got a very slight gut ping on Bif right now. I kinda feel like Bif is just leaning into one thing per day right now?

So Bif: scum who and why.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

This is a joke.

That said I got a very slight gut ping on Bif right now. I kinda feel like Bif is just leaning into one thing per day right now?

Feels a bit like coasting, is what I'm trying to say. Words are hard.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

I do not understand this vote?

Me: "I think Beet is scum. Here's two reasons"

merk: "I don't understand???"

Lol ok

merk posted:

I do not understand Bif's vote on hambeet at all. Voting hambeet for poo poo posting on day 1 like it's a scum tell makes no sense.

Hmm I wonder if anything else happened on D1.

Since I need to explain this all again, yeah Beet just making a lot of posts is meaningless in itself which is why I didn't vote him D1. But there is a tone and vibe to his posts that I kept feeling like this could totally be his scum game, not just having fun but trying to establish his presence and all. But again, not conclusive enough to vote. Then he reacted to RF like that to justify the early hammer while making it look like just good old Beet trying to shitpost and have fun. That was additional evidence.

That's worth at least a vote to probe and see what happens, is that so ~hard to understand?~

It felt more certain to me though once Beet did react. It's hard for me to explain without diving into meta poo poo though. Back in the old Auspol days me and Beet used to get into big thunderdome fights constantly. When I'd caught him as scum, he'd bullshit and push my buttons so hard that I'd get really overemotional, over how all my attempts to explain my super obvious effort town game and break down my every thought and reaction about him in meticulous detail just got brushed off to play dumb in bad faith, and people seemed to still listen to him unless I kept going further and further to just scream for his death.

Since then we've both reflected on how this poo poo wasn't too healthy, so it's thankfully nothing that extreme. But I still get that familiar feeling, like that one vote to kick off the day had to be crushed into the ground with the usual Beet propoganda machine.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

This is a joke.

Beet's scum and that's why. Now that merk's back and that's the kind of junk he's got to say for himself I feel pretty sure he's scum too.

You think it's odd for me to lean into one big thing per day to focus on though? Are you getting that convenient short term memory loss again?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m scum why?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

I’m scum why?

Cause you are like Lawyer Beet lol

You have different trappings, your character is all straightforward scumhunting instead of shitposts but you got the same MO when the chips are down. Read everything wrong and most of all play dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh and also the mason thing