Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

Cause you are like Lawyer Beet lol

You have different trappings, your character is all straightforward scumhunting instead of shitposts but you got the same MO when the chips are down. Read everything wrong and most of all play dumb.

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You being all "BIF VOTE BEET? ME NO UNDERSTAND!" is what I refer to when I see you as "playing dumb".

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

But also the mason thing man I got a knack for anti-snipes

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

you got the same MO when the chips are down

what chips?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Bif, you said I'm scum because

quote:

Now that merk's back and that's the kind of junk he's got to say for himself I feel pretty sure he's scum too.

quote:

Cause you are like Lawyer Beet lol

You have different trappings, your character is all straightforward scumhunting instead of shitposts but you got the same MO when the chips are down. Read everything wrong and most of all play dumb.

I have no idea what any of that means. It doesn't make any sense. Is my content scummy? If so, which parts? Do you disagree with what I've said on Meen? Do you disagree with my line of questioning on Humalong? What, in particular, is scummy?

The only thing that makes any sense is the mason argument which you tossed in as an add on at the end.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

When someone dares say one word about them being scummy and they gotta react.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Bifauxnen posted:

Beet's scum and that's why. Now that merk's back and that's the kind of junk he's got to say for himself I feel pretty sure he's scum too.

You think it's odd for me to lean into one big thing per day to focus on though? Are you getting that convenient short term memory loss again?

Well no, it just reminds me of my own scum play from bezzelbee where I pick a case that looked alright and "tunnel" on it to avoid commenting on other stuff.

But like, I don't think it's anywhere enough to vote, just a weak gut read thing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey merk before I bother any more are you even aware D1 ended extremely early?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey merk before I bother any more are you even aware D1 ended extremely early?

Yes, I was not aware that Humalong did not have enough time to ferret out the Rf/Sandwolf thing he was talking about until he said so.

What do you have? Let's see it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Ok twoqo kills bight 1 usually means an sk. Right? Like my time as scum pretty much established scum only get the one NK to do what they 2qnt. So we have a dcumtea. A ND a third party put there stabbing fools and setting then on fire. Arsonist? Can they kill the first night?

I dunno. I need to work and maybe I read back and give my rhought. Really need a nap too.

Okay, nice setup spec/3P hunting.

Who scum?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Secret Auspol masonry post

Scummy fake Beet
Scummy fake Beet
I got all the scummy fake deets
Toal could not recruit you
And now you're playing stupid too
Wondering why one vote is there
It seems so weird that you would care
But my point still stands
You're a scummy old man

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

Yes, I was not aware that Humalong did not have enough time to ferret out the Rf/Sandwolf thing he was talking about until he said so.

What do you have? Let's see it.

Ok and you're aware that the reason the day ended early was because Beet hammered immediately after RF sounded like he was daring people to do it?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok and you're aware that the reason the day ended early was because Beet hammered immediately after RF sounded like he was daring people to do it?

I read the day.

What does this have to do with you thinking I'm scum?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

hmm beet seems kinda really defensive against bif.

Beet, scum who?

Other than bif.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

I read the day.

What does this have to do with you thinking I'm scum?

So we've established you did read the day and did see it ended early, thanks to Beet. I think you rolling in all DOES NOT COMPUTE over why I would throw a vote at Beet to start the day is total bullshit.

When a human being suspects someone else of posting total bullshit, such as, a reaction that can't likely be real, they tend to see this as what we call "scummy", because scum need to find or invent reasons to voice suspicions towards people they know are not on their team.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

You know now that I reread Merk their post history is kind of... terrible.

merk posted:

I think this is the best thought on the RF run up yesterday that I have seen so far.

##vote meen

This is the FIRST vote. Day 1 was basically zero content and then Merk's first vote is basically a follow up with no independent thoughts visible. Rest is white noise. Hell, the explanation for the vote only comes later and really just seems justified afterwards instead of beforehand.

merk posted:

I guess I don't really agree with what b- says now that I read it. I do agree that Meen's post is scummy. Meen is spending way too many words to join a bandwagon with random thoughts thrown in around a vote that, to me - based on the way the post is constructed - reads like he doesn't really believe in it.

merk posted:

EXPLAINED BETTER: Newbie scum joining a turbo looks like what Meen would post. You can't just nakedly throw a vote out without anything, so you trump up the vote with surface analysis and other thoughts to make it sound better.

Like, look at this trio of posts lol. "I agree with this reasoning to vote for meen, and then I actually read the post and don't agree with it but will vote Meen for another reason".

Like uh, what. The only one they seem to seriously go after is Bif who was drawing attention to them.

##vote Merk

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Honestly both beet and merk seem defense in scummy ways (merk far more so) so both of them being on bif is kinda telling.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Yami Fenrir posted:

You know now that I reread Merk their post history is kind of... terrible.

This is the FIRST vote. Day 1 was basically zero content and then Merk's first vote is basically a follow up with no independent thoughts visible. Rest is white noise. Hell, the explanation for the vote only comes later and really just seems justified afterwards instead of beforehand.

Like, look at this trio of posts lol. "I agree with this reasoning to vote for meen, and then I actually read the post and don't agree with it but will vote Meen for another reason".

Like uh, what. The only one they seem to seriously go after is Bif who was drawing attention to them.

##vote Merk

For context, I read Meen's post as quoted by b- and thought it was scummy and inadvertently kind of glossed over what b- said about it. When I actually thought about what b- was saying, I think there is more there as I explain in my next post. My thought process isn't really perfect, but it's all there.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've been getting votes in games lately for loosely explaining reads and coming back quickly when it's clearer in my head. I'm not sure why this is some scum tell people latch onto. It's me working through how I got to where I am in a public way rather than work through twenty revisions of Mafia-scumhunting.docx before I hit the "Submit Reply" button.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm voting you for a lack of original reads, not for loosely explaining your reads.

Who's scum other than meen and bif? Neither of those truly came from independent scumhunting. At least thats how it seems like to me. This is just more noise.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok now he's gonna ignore me lol

Let me just quote for y'all again the vote that merk "does not understand"

Bifauxnen posted:

I think the best bet is

##vote hambeet

RF looked plenty scummy and with things going along that fast, there must have been a good number of enthusiastic townies genuinely piling on and not just scum pushing the momentum. But actually sealing the deal that early would be difficult. Beet's spammy white noise tone in the early game had already been pinging me, and that reaction hammer right after RF sounded like he was daring people seems like a great chance for Beet to brush it all off as just being cheeky.

If you disagree with the vote sure, go nuts, but what the hell is hard to understand

##vote scummy fake Beet

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Like, call me crazy but merk's post history to me is like, one step above from Anidav's in bezzle's.

And that's pretty damning to me lmao.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm really thinking a Merk/hambeet/deadmeat scum team right now.

Merk's doing an Anidav impression,

hambeet is pretty much content lurking other than aggressive self defense,

and deadmeat is *far* more bold than he was in bezzelbee imo. It really sticks out to me, to be honest. I wasn't lying when I said deadmeat felt like a directionless newbie in that game and they're just not in this game. They're actively going on the offensive here. It's much more reminiscent of their Arknights scum game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Like, call me crazy but merk's post history to me is like, one step above from Anidav's in bezzle's.

And that's pretty damning to me lmao.

I see it

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The old day 2 merk elimination on no case rears its head again. Let's go.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

merk posted:

The old day 2 merk elimination on no case rears its head again. Let's go.

Yeah funny that, my case on you is that you're not casing.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Well, not entirely correct, but I wanted to use that quip.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Deadmeat5150 posted:

:hmmyes:

:hmmno:

##vote binus

This is probably the worst vote in this game so far

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'm really thinking a Merk/hambeet/deadmeat scum team right now.

Merk's doing an Anidav impression,

hambeet is pretty much content lurking other than aggressive self defense,

and deadmeat is *far* more bold than he was in bezzelbee imo. It really sticks out to me, to be honest. I wasn't lying when I said deadmeat felt like a directionless newbie in that game and they're just not in this game. They're actively going on the offensive here. It's much more reminiscent of their Arknights scum game.

Content lurking and then aggressive defense?

Is this a day 1 white noise thing again?

Today I’ve been making my case on Bif when I saw how bad of a case she threw together. If it wasn’t directed at me I’d still be on her about it. That is not content lurking nor is it an aggressive defense. It’s a terrible case that I’ve called out as not town behaviour aka scum hunting.

You have literally made this ‘content lurking’ thing up and I’d like to know why? Do you think bifs case on me for white noise and hammer is legitimate and town mind? Can you please put down some expressive thoughts about it?

Thank you.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Just going to see my case through. It's telling that there's no bus driver claim. ##vote merk sorry if I'm wrong merk but lol not going to get in the weeds on this one.

I would also do Yami today, though not really interested in BIF.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

hambeet posted:

Content lurking and then aggressive defense?

Is this a day 1 white noise thing again?

Today I’ve been making my case on Bif when I saw how bad of a case she threw together. If it wasn’t directed at me I’d still be on her about it. That is not content lurking nor is it an aggressive defense. It’s a terrible case that I’ve called out as not town behaviour aka scum hunting.

You have literally made this ‘content lurking’ thing up and I’d like to know why? Do you think bifs case on me for white noise and hammer is legitimate and town mind? Can you please put down some expressive thoughts about it?

Thank you.

Bif has shown more town mind than you, yes. For example they were actually able to provide reasoning pretty much immediately, where as you're just going "case bad" which is a scum thing to do.

Tell me who scum then (other than bif). Like, you know, I asked before. Stop trying to counter-attack people pushing you and provide reads.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Instead of questioning bif's town mind, show your own!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toal I liked your logic it was pretty cool. But I’m stuck on the fact it’s all based on the assumption of you being town. You know your alignment, but I don’t, so I’m gonna re-read merk and then you to see how I feel after.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Bif has shown more town mind than you, yes. For example they were actually able to provide reasoning pretty much immediately, where as you're just going "case bad" which is a scum thing to do.

Tell me who scum then (other than bif). Like, you know, I asked before. Stop trying to counter-attack people pushing you and provide reads.

wow yami rolled scum again. rip.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

hambeet posted:

wow yami rolled scum again. rip.

I see a lot of you not providing reads right now.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

You do realize just OMGUSing everyone pushing you isn't gonna work, right...?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hambeet posted:

Toal I liked your logic it was pretty cool. But I’m stuck on the fact it’s all based on the assumption of you being town. You know your alignment, but I don’t, so I’m gonna re-read merk and then you to see how I feel after.

Toal has given me nothing but pure town vibes in masonry.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Humalong, merk, binus for me today

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey yami, so she has a town mind for making up white noise, jumping on the hammer vote and you also feel she is coasting?

Yami Fenrir posted:

Me not dying N1 is actually a scumtell on bif.

This is a joke.

That said I got a very slight gut ping on Bif right now. I kinda feel like Bif is just leaning into one thing per day right now?

So Bif: scum who and why.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Feels a bit like coasting, is what I'm trying to say. Words are hard.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Well no, it just reminds me of my own scum play from bezzelbee where I pick a case that looked alright and "tunnel" on it to avoid commenting on other stuff.

But like, I don't think it's anywhere enough to vote, just a weak gut read thing.

how did you switch your mind here? show reasoning straight away? i don't see how i haven't? she's only provided one scum case and reluctantly switched to merk when you prodded her. you seem to be giving her a lot more leeway than you'd be willing to give me.

why is that yami? why are two of your scum reads the two people bif is pushing on now?

i'd put forward you tried a little bit of distancing on bif and are now sliding in to defend her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

You do realize just OMGUSing everyone pushing you isn't gonna work, right...?

eh. it's not an omgus. i know my alignment. i have more info to decide if a case against me is coming from a reasonable basis. to see if it's made in good or bad faith. it's why i like getting cased and why i err on the side of playing ambigiously. scum try jump on that as low hanging fruit to lunch.

SA being hungup on omgus like it's a a golden rule has been proven false many, many times.