Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jisforjosh posted:

"Part Disabled 10 XP"

OK BUT WHAT PART

Yeah, it’s pretty drat confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
I'm not sure if my GeForce experience stat display is to be believed but it was showing both my CPU and GPU utilization at ~60% at 60-80 fps with a 2080 and AMD2600x with everything on low so it seems like there is room for improvement.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

jisforjosh posted:

"Part Disabled 10 XP"

OK BUT WHAT PART

PART

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, it’s pretty drat confusing.

It's one of those small things on a long list that both BF1 and BFV had that are just straight up missing that were great/positive feedback decisions.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

The part disabled thing is extra frustrating because whenever I see that, the thing I shot usually carries on like nothing happened

Maybe my rockets are breaking lots of tail lights???

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

The part disabled thing is extra frustrating because whenever I see that, the thing I shot usually carries on like nothing happened

I think it means that, on their end, some part on the vehicle is showing as red on the display. But what does that do? Who knows. When the propellers of a helicopter are showing as red, you'd think you'd start falling out of the sky - but you don't!

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

GoGoGadget posted:

I think it means that, on their end, some part on the vehicle is showing as red on the display. But what does that do? Who knows. When the propellers of a helicopter are showing as red, you'd think you'd start falling out of the sky - but you don't!

similarly it feels like a rocket to the fan assembly on a hovercraft would lead to some damage, but alas

e: or, you know, the big inflatable thing it rides on

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Yeah it doesn’t disable anything I’ve spent like 40% of my 16 hours so far in tanks and a single hit doesn’t impact the tank’s function in any way. Only thing that does is hacking and stupid C5 drones

Also, lol at the baby brained future stuff in this. “C4 not futuristic enough, gently caress it it’s C5 now” which is extra funny given that literally everything seems to be lower tech than BF4

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Frog Act posted:

Yeah it doesn’t disable anything I’ve spent like 40% of my 16 hours so far in tanks and a single hit doesn’t impact the tank’s function in any way. Only thing that does is hacking and stupid C5 drones

Also, lol at the baby brained future stuff in this. “C4 not futuristic enough, gently caress it it’s C5 now” which is extra funny given that literally everything seems to be lower tech than BF4

I think it depends. I've definitely been hit with rockets in tanks and sometimes my turret traversal noticeably gets janky or my ability to reverse.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Frog Act posted:

Global warming wasn't favorable to technological advancement

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

GoGoGadget posted:

Yeah I've never been slowed down when a prop goes red. Sometimes if my heli is on fire, it's tough to get it balanced again, but its usually like 2 seconds of inconvenience before I slam the throttle up and lift out of range of whatever shot me.

The only times I've lost a heli are not coming out of a dive fast enough and hitting a building, landing awkwardly and rolling over, or getting shot by 2-3 rockets rapidly.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

The only times I've lost a heli are not coming out of a dive fast enough and hitting a building, landing awkwardly and rolling over, or getting shot by 2-3 rockets rapidly.

getting sniped by the t28

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

ethanol posted:

Oddly enough, it hasn't happened to me in an actual conquest game yet but happened like 3 or 4 times when I was practicing flying in a solo game.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

ethanol posted:

I had a bot snipe me out of my F35 with the M5 recoilless. Killed me in the cockpit but didn't damage the plane :dogstare:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

jisforjosh posted:

"Part Disabled 10 XP"

OK BUT WHAT PART

Part(ially)?

Anyway, today I was driving the LATV and whenever I took damage my wheels were on fire and I was driving a lot slower. I never noticed it before. It's like the devs are just flipping variables in the server configs or some poo poo.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

New Geforce driver out you schmucks. I'm sure it'll fix everything

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jisforjosh posted:

It's one of those small things on a long list that both BF1 and BFV had that are just straight up missing that were great/positive feedback decisions.

And even battlefield four was pretty good with that. But goddamn the nearby medic from battlefield one absolutely needs to return. Honestly they should have someone going back and looking at what was popular and helpful to re-implement them.

Also I love the stupid game so much I’m buying the gold edition so I can just keep playing it. I think this makes me an idiot.

Edit: Not enough to pay full price though. The Grey market prices are really nice.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 16, 2021

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Has anyone ever gotten a successful takedown in MP? I did it on a bot once, but this game is so finicky. I can stand right behind someone, still, and if they budge even a millimeter the animation doesn't go through and I'm sitting there like an idiot with my knife out getting shot in the face.

I was hoping this was like MW/Cold War, when you hold the button in range and you sort of 'catch them' and do the kill.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Not sure if this thread was where I saw this but if you do solo breakthrough against the easiest bots kills count towards unlocks. I am just doing breakthrough hourglass and leveling up the choppers super fast getting 60+ kills a game.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I think I can count in one hand the number of times I've seen someone throw an ammo box in this game outside of Portal.

Strange, I seem to be getting into matches where people spamming health and ammo boxes faily regularly.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Doctor Butts posted:

Has anyone ever gotten a successful takedown in MP? I did it on a bot once, but this game is so finicky. I can stand right behind someone, still, and if they budge even a millimeter the animation doesn't go through and I'm sitting there like an idiot with my knife out getting shot in the face.

I was hoping this was like MW/Cold War, when you hold the button in range and you sort of 'catch them' and do the kill.

I did it exactly once. The opponent was prone and I was at his side.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

Wait till you have the takedown animation completely play through only for the guy to not actually be dead and then kill you :buddy:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

jisforjosh posted:

Wait till you have the takedown animation completely play through only for the guy to not actually be dead and then kill you :buddy:

Yea, that was nuts:
https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield2042/comments/qv0hr5/i_have_no_choice_but_to_delete_this_game_now/

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

D-Pad posted:

Not sure if this thread was where I saw this but if you do solo breakthrough against the easiest bots kills count towards unlocks. I am just doing breakthrough hourglass and leveling up the choppers super fast getting 60+ kills a game.

Ok WTF. The first game I did this I unlocked things on both helicopters and all my kills counted. Now it is not counting any kills towards unlocks on the next two games. I wonder if it is a bug or if there is some mechanic that you can only do it once per vehicle or something?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

I have, and the last one I did sent me flying up high enough into the air afterwards that I was able to deploy my parachute.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Haha there is so much in this video. Good lord what a dumpster fire this is. But apparently being better than the bf4 launch is all you need.

edit: But I'm still playing it baby

Skyarb fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 16, 2021

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
This game is real bad, maps are dumb, gunplay is goofy (love SMGs being king)

Easily worth 15$ for a month of the game though

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

D-Pad posted:

Normally I'd rather get the unlocks through playing, but I had a really excellent Super Hokum game yesterday where I crashed out with 22 enemy tickets remaining, so I'll go for a round or three of this in revenge!

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

D-Pad posted:

Ok WTF. The first game I did this I unlocked things on both helicopters and all my kills counted. Now it is not counting any kills towards unlocks on the next two games. I wonder if it is a bug or if there is some mechanic that you can only do it once per vehicle or something?

I did it last night in solo conquest and the first <10 kills counted but then it stopped. I don’t think the restriction they put in place is working properly.

I actually enjoyed playing solo against bots… I had way more kills than AOW but my K:D wasn’t that much different than what I’d typically get in a BF5 match.

Collapsing Farts posted:

There are like no portal servers with good ping. Im in Europe... Zero servers doing what I want (BF2042 maps but with just slightly less players). It sucks

90% of the servers show like 180 Ping for me as well in the states. Even if I host a new portal server it’s still that high.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Doctor Butts posted:

I normally start the animation, it bugs out, then the guy spins around and noscopes me in the face. Lots of failed attempts landing behind someone with the wingsuit then trying it. I was just wanting to look cool :(

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

They want you to think magically ejecting out of your jet, RPGing an enemy aircraft then magically returning to the cockpit is a "BF moment". But I assure you, this is the epitome, the zenith, the very definition of a battlefield moment.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
How do bot kills work for unlocks? I've heard kills on them don't count toward unlocks but people in this thread have mentioned farming bots for vehicle unlocks, do they just not count toward infantry weapon attachments or something? I haven't really messed with the solo stuff beyond my first game.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I did solo against bots and didn't get any progress towards unlocks. I was under the impression that you got XP from solo/co-op, but not weapon attachment/vehicle unlocks?

Bruc posted:

How do bot kills work for unlocks? I've heard kills on them don't count toward unlocks but people in this thread have mentioned farming bots for vehicle unlocks, do they just not count toward infantry weapon attachments or something? I haven't really messed with the solo stuff beyond my first game.

Wow, we posted this at the same time.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Skyarb posted:

Haha there is so much in this video. Good lord what a dumpster fire this is. But apparently being better than the bf4 launch is all you need.

edit: But I'm still playing it baby

It's weird as gently caress to me that people think being able to make clips of uncommon bugs like this somehow makes the game's launch comparable to BF4, which literally crashed multiple times per session for almost everyone.

This is unironically the least buggy BF launch I've played since BF2. :dice: exists for a reason.

Urethane
Dec 21, 2004

There are a few attachment unlocks that bots count for, usually a couple sights at 5 kills and 20 kills. But all of the mastery unlocks beyond that require actual player kills.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

for the first day, I was able to grind out all the apache helo unlocks in like 2 rounds on breakthrough solo with AI. Now when I try I get no progress for anything. I think they turned off solo unlocks when they turned off progression for portal

really hope they undo that and the portal progression halt. These attachment unlocks are a huge slog and it sucks that they are kneecapping Portal when it could very easily be the main mode for 2042.

I just want to have a goon stack Portal server that runs default 2042 settings. The server will persist between rounds unlike now with AOW and we could have multiple goon squads in the server at once instead of only 4 goons at a time

as per usual, Dice is their own worst enemy

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Battlefield 2042: No one knows how any of this is supposed to work.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
God it's so funny when you are able to throw a C4 drone on a highly contested point

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
You don't really need all the unlocks to play the game, I don't know, I guess I enjoy the slow trickle of new gadgets.

Rusty fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Rusty posted:

You don't really need all the unlocks to play the game, I don't know, I guess I enjoy the slow trickle of new gadgets.

For vehicle unlocks, a majority of them are straight upgrades and not trade-offs like in previous titles.